FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC #1 and under 30yrs old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 314>
Author
sbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:44pm
damn AF...now we know why it was called the curse!!! im hoping NOT to see mine in the next few days...

FX for a xmas baby Mrs MJD. FX for BFP CandyBear!!

I dont know anything about OPK's...is that when you have to take your temp at the same time each day?? or am I thinking about something else?? Im really clueless huh?
Sponsored Links

CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 9:56pm
Thanks Sandie,

OPK's are just things you pee on that tell you when you are about to ovulate - once you get a postive it means you will over in the next 20 hours or so - so you can time your bed'in

I have used them for a couple of months but having a break next month
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 8:18am
Thanks guys you are all so awesome.
I find that when AF arrives I have one really gutted day and then I'm ok. I think cause I get my hopes so high that the crash back down is nasty.

Candbear and Smiles good luck for this month, fx'd for you both.

I have to order some more OPK's I didn't want to get any before in case I was UTD. Plus I'm trying charting this month cause I've never gotten a strong positive on the OPK's (proably cause I drink a lot of water) so kind of want a back-up confirmation the I have actually ovulated!

The December baby thing is a hard one for me. See I have always vowed I would do whatever possible NOT to have a Decemer baby. I'm a December baby, so is my DH and my Mum....... and 1 of my uncles.....and an aunt.... plus a cousin and not forgetting My sisters wedding anniversay! But now I'm thinking I don't care about all of that and just want to be UTD, well I think we'll try and see what happens. Totally in God's hands anyway.

didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:04am
I know how you feel MrsMJD it seems everyone in my family is born around Dec (except for me). I also didn't really want to be heavily preg in the peak of summer but figured that would mean I would have to stop trying for 4 months and that is just unthinkable for me at this point, I guess what will be will be.
Mrs MJD what time of the day do you do your OPK's? I drink a tonne of water too and have been trying to figure out if I would be better doing them with FMU although I see alot of info tells you to do them in the afternoon. So confusing
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:40am
with opk's it is best to refrain from drinking and eating at least 2 hours prior to testing with the OPK
Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 11:27am
I try to test around 2pm. It's the refraining from drinking I struggle with. lol
shellz_10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellz_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:11pm
So, another week over. Gee this year is going so fast.

Have used OPK the last 2 days, but nothing has shown up yet. Kinda what I expected as not due to OV til Monday.

DH got SA results back, not as good as we were hoping. A bit lower than the average count, which is a little dissapointing. The Dr isn't worried at this stage and said to keep "at it" for another few months before he will look into it further. Does anyone have any issues with low sperm counts etc?

As for the whole Decemeber/January baby thing, I'm the same and have always thought I wouldn't like to be heavily pregnant etc at that time of year. But now that we are still trying, there is no way we are going to stop just cos of bad timing. I'm going to drop the old cliche in hear and say......."What will be, will be".

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend
Baby #1
13 months in the making!

I
sbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:34pm
well damn AF turned up yesterday...not that much of a surprise though cos I dont think we BDed on the right day last month...

so I have bought some OPK's to get it right this time...going to be interesting as I need to start using them next week when my shift starts at 1330...

best news is should be OVing on our 1st wedding anniversary!!!

hope everyone has a good weekend...the only plus of AF showing up is that I can drink 2moro at my cousins hens nite, and next week at the wedding!!!
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 10:36pm
didi its not a good idea to use FMUas LH is synthesized in your body early in the morning and will not appear in your urine until the afternoon. I think the best time to test is 2pm.

MrsMJD thats the hardest part about OPKs as I drink lots of water... 2 hrs is ages!

Shellz we haven't had DH tested yet but I have heard from a couple of people that Menvit is very good...

DHs birthday is in Dec but he said he wouldn't mind sharing his birthday, we couldn't not try for a month. Well take any month we just want out BFP NOW!

Hope everyone has a great weekend... fx this horrible cold weather clears!
Brizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 8:37am
Hi ladies,

Can I join you in here? I am 29 (DH 31) and we are about to start TTC #1. I so totally relate to everything you've been saying about TTC frustrations and the age thing

I just started taking folic acid and Vitex this week (I have a short luteal phase) having had my IUS taken out. Am also trying to lose some weight but struggling at the moment.

I am very excited to start TTC but also scared we will have problems. Practically everyone we know has had fertility problems recently.

I think we have some potential issues but am staying positive right now. My DH had testicular surgery as a teen and may be firing on one cylinder. We did a home SA kit and he came out top notch (I know it might not be the most reliable thing but there were two tests in the kit and both came out great so we're being positive). I have had some gynae. problems and they thought I had endometriosis but when they did a lap. they found none - weird, they still think I'm textbook endo so it was all a bit confusing! I do have some congential abnormalities - mostly weird vascularisation on my pelvic wall. They couldn't find anything which would suggest I'd have obvious problems conceiving but did note that anything 'odd' could be problematic. I was charting my cycle to track my gynae symptoms so I know that I was ovulating so we just hope everything will be ok.

Look forward to chatting with you all in here.
_Lou_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Lou_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 3:22pm
Hi everyone, if ok I might join in here too? I'm 29, my DF is 37 and we get married 4 weeks today! So that's our main focus right now, but I am coming off BCP after honeymoon and then will hopefully have my cycles return to normal. Haven't been on it for years and years, so hoping its not going to be a long process!

It seriously seems like wherever I turn right now, another woman I know gets pregnant or has a baby! Its awesome of course, however I find myself secretly hoping we'll be soon! In saying that, I do understand that it doesn't always happen quickly, so we are quite realistic about that.

I really love reading about other people's TTC journeys, and really hope we all get our BFP's very very soon!
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 6:28pm
Hi Ladies of course you are welcome!!!!
Brizzle it must be worrying not knowing if you are going to have problems or not esp with your history, Fx you get UTD easily.
Smill13 Good Luck for your wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting. We had our 1st wedding anniversary in Feb so I remember what it's like to be 4 weeks away.

Sandie stink about AF. Hope she takes the hint next month lol.
Well we know what Shellz will be up to this week. Fx it's worth the effort lol
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Wantabub Wantabub wrote:

didi its not a good idea to use FMUas LH is synthesized in your body early in the morning and will not appear in your urine until the afternoon. I think the best time to test is 2pm.

Bugger!! wish I'd looked on here a couple of days ago, as that may explain why all of my OPK's were -ve. Stupid instructions said anytime of the day was fine and I figured it was easier to test at home than at work. CD13&14 where darker than the other days (although still not as dark as the control) so maybe I can assume I must of ov around then??
Aaaahhhhh so grumpy really was just doing OPK's to confirm when I think I ov and now I've just confused myself
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 10:55am
Sorry didi, I have also read you can test anywhere between 10am-8pm but some people test again at 10pm just to try catch that surge. Also try to test at the same time every day.
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 11:10am
Oh well I guess I can just try again next month or hopefully I wont need to try again as we did do heaps of BDing this weekend and I am sure I ov yesterday.
Brizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 4:59pm
Thanks MrsJMcD - I feel really weird about our 'situation'. On the one hand, everything could be fine but it could also really not be. I hate not knowing about stuff so this is really hard for me. Am trying to be positive about things as I'm sure that will help!

Good tips on the OPKs - they are tricky things. It is hard not to drink for 2 hours beforehand but I guess it's only for a few days each month!
shellz_10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellz_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 8:33pm
Hi ladies, hope everyone has had a good weekend.
Good to get some feedback on the OPK's.
I have been using them since Thurs and had no sign of OV until yesterday when the second line came up, wasn't as dark as the control line but was very clear, today-Nothing? Any ideas ladies? Does this mean, I would of OV yesterday, or is that not possible as it wasn't a defenite as positive? Gee the TTC is confusing.
Who is waiting to test?
Baby #1
13 months in the making!

I
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 8:58pm
Hi guys, just lurking ,,,,,,
wanted to say we were TTC for over 4 years and then fell pregnant with DS1 when i didn't expect it had actually stopped trying and statred the whole adoption process going.

I was 27 DH 30. During the process of TTC we had all the same stuff of being young and healthy and it should be happening it got so hard and frustrating. We didn't tell people we were TTC, i just said we are saving to buy a house or travel first. close family knew though.

With DS2 it took 6 months of TTC, with the help of my naturolpath. Was annoyed at people older who can get pregnant after one cycle. WHAT!
this happened to my sisiter and she's 37!!!

I wanted to post in here, becasue i know how damn frustrating and annoying it is when people say "chill, relax it will happen, take a break from it"
BUT you know what we did. My stress levels reduced and i din't even think about babies at all.
It worked!

to everyone, thinking of you all.
Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 9:11pm
Hi shellz_10,

I feel your pain re OPK tests. I'm not sure I completely understand either - I thought that if the line was lighter or non existent then you're not ovulating. However, if it's the same colour or darker then you are. But then I read that if you test and there's a lighter line in the test line then you should test again that day to see if the line darkens. If you don't test again and test the next day there's nothing then potentially you could have missed the ovulation signal...apparently the time frame can be quite small and can be missed.

Hope this helps! :)
Brizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 7:12am
Hey Smiles, that's what I thought too! I think the amount of water you've drunk can affect it though so if you want to be sure, maybe reduce water intake before doing the test?

As for me, I'm going to moan - had my Mirena IUS out two weeks ago now and am still spotting, gggrrrrrrrrr!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 314>