FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Charting Girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15801581158215831584 1639>
Author
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 2:36pm
Same Oxy.  Time will tell I guess.

Sponsored Links

KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 2:57pm
Good luck to everything, with our news yesterday I don't have very high hopes this month,

I'm unsure whether I should try any other treatments because it would just be spending money I could use on IVF later and PGD is obviously IVF only,

We need to wait on the exact gene test for my partners eye condition so we know the exact one it is and what type of inheritance and the likelyhood of children being affected, before we decide what to do next.

It's such a tough situation to be in but at least we have some answers, I think both of us are still getting our heads around all of it as it takes quite a while to process all the information.

Had a quick look this morning with Retinitis Pigmentosa and low motility and found one article of interest, was an extremely small study and basically said more research is needed but it indicated that RP men seem to have lower DHA concentration which has been connected to lower motility, so maybe his condition is affecting more than just eyesight they just haven't tested and proven it all yet, here's the link.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9375581
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 3:40pm
That is really interesting KP06.  Its a shame there isn't more information for you to look at.  I totally get that it is so much information for you both to get your heads around right now.  It must be extremely difficult.  

Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 7:02am
My sinuses are playing up this morning

TTC#1 Jan 2009
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 8:25am
Bummer Oxy.  I have been waking up a bit blocked up but I think that is our air con.  I seem fine after about an hour.

2 more days left for four of us!!!! eeeeek!  

Edited by Kazper - 01 March 2015 at 8:26am

Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 8:30am
I will test at 6am tomorrow morning

TTC#1 Jan 2009
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 9:16am
Good luck with testing tomorrow Oxy Smile I have one test left so am going to try and hang out for Tuesday (14dpo) and if I feel af might be on the way I might try and hang out an extra day.

*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 9:28am
Oh that's hard KP! Are you waiting on the test or the results?

Yeah Kaz this is the week!! As I'm not 100% on Ov, AF is due Mon, Tues or Wed haha!
KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 9:32am
Waiting on the test Sara, we were already on the list since January and they said about 6 months for public funding, we can pay for it ourselves if we want as its only like $500 but I think FA was going to fast track it a bit more.
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 9:59am
Ah cool, that will be nice to get definite answers and solutions then!

Urgh, this cycle is really similar to Nov. I've got cramps today and if I get spotting that'll match too - thanks for messing with my mind body :-(
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 10:04am
FA sound like they are being really proactive KP06.  Great to know they aren't mucking around so you are left in limbo.

Sarah oh hugs hun.  Wish I knew what to say, but alas I feel the same.  Every time I feel cramping I think oh no af or if it is a bfp this can't be good.  So frustrating.  When are you going to test?

*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 10:06am
I already did Kaz :-/
KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 11:13am
Kazper I think its something to do with them thinking that we have an extremely long infertility, he asked me what we had been using as contraception before TTC and I said a combination of temping and withdrawal method,

He didn't seem to believe I knew I was ovulating correctly due to having a temp rise which corresponds to AF two weeks later,
I think he just wanted to count it from when I went off the pill at least 5 years ago,

As much as I know parts he was saying was wrong I wasn't going to argue with him because it is preferable for them to write down a longer infertility time so it is easier to access funding.

He also said DPs condition is autosomal dominant which I know for a fact that that is only one of the ways it is transferred, it is very broad, can be dominant, recessive, or even x linked. I think there is a form that doesn't get passed on also, we were kinda just wanting to get UTD before having to do investigations as sometimes its easier just doing without knowing.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 1:22pm
Sara its was probably too early to tell. Don't let the bfn dishearten you.

KP06 good thing they counted the five years in. That will definitely
help get things moving. Gosh there is a lot to take in huh. How are you both
feeling about everything since the appointment?

KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 2:01pm
Still quite overwhelmed at this stage, its a lot to take in, still trying to process everything really.

I am happy about the positives though, we still have sperm, was about 1.5 million good ones in his sample, he has a good overall count as well, so far there are no actual problems with me. Much better to find an actual problem early on than be classed as unexplained.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 3:24pm
That is definitely a lot to be positive about KP06 Smile

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 5:51pm
And now I am spotting Unhappy  Was just starting to wonder if there was hope yet to.  Haven't had any headaches which is usually a certain sign of af coming in the week before af is due.  Stupid body.  Just wants to mess with my head.

Wishful_1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishful_1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 6:52pm
I am trying to sell my last opks off cheaply as I don't need them and they expire in June. They worked fantastically (I have purchased hundreds over the last two years). I am finally pregnant after 2 years and 2 IVF cycles. I have 21 tests and they cost me about 50c each. I would be happy to sell them for $7 and postage would be $3. I am in Hamilton if anyone wanted to pick up :)

Flick me a message on wishful87@hotmail.co.nz if interested.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 8:43pm
I will email you now Wishful Smile

Wishful_1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishful_1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 8:46pm
Oops email is wrong it is .com not .co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15801581158215831584 1639>