FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Charting Girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15831584158515861587 1639>
Author
Hanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2015 at 10:57am
cause my midwife doesn't work Decembers and I had a really hard pregnancy last time with lots of complications and without her things could have turned out really bad so I really want her as my midwife next time but it just means waiting :(
Sponsored Links

ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 5:52pm
Hi ladies.

Ovulation tests - do they get darker each day as you approach ovulation, or do they go from nothing to positive?

Also, I have just read that you do them in the afternoon which surprised me! Any advice would be great
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 7:16pm
Hi ginger I will be using OPKs for the first time this month to.  I have read they need to be the same darkness as the control line to be positive so yes I guess it gets darker and once its positive, ovulation follows 12-36 hours after that?! don't quote me.

With regards to afternoon yeh I have read its better then and same with hpts.  I found mine were darker in the afternoon Smile

*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 8:00pm
Fun times for you this month then Ginger and Kaz - it is kind of rewarding to get lines on a stick! Yup the line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line for it to be positive. The only time 'rule' is not to use first morning pee. I do mine at 11am, some do 2x a day.

You can often see it gradually get darker, it can be tricky to know if it's positive, until it actually is and then it's like 'oh yup, this is positive!' And yup once you get a positive you ovulate 12-48hrs later :-)
ginger22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ginger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 8:50pm
Hi Sara,

Thank you for clarifying! First month using them as it is my fist month off the pill. I am not sure what to expect timing wise etc but I had the faintest of faint line yesterday, a little darker today as in definitely there...according to an app I have ovulation should be tomorrow so it will be interesting to see when the test says!

Haha you are right though, was stoked to actually see something yesterday!!!
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2015 at 1:26pm

*Sara*s Chart
Bex29119’s Chart
Epictraveller's Chart
Fingersxd4#2's Chart
Hanger's Chart
Kazper’s Chart
KiwiK’s Chart
Kumeroa’s Chart
Oxy's Chart
Soda’s Chart

a.girl's Chart

Chart babies due in October 2015:
MrsRH's Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Bobsta's Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Nellennium's Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Chart babies due in September 2015:
Twinkle Toes Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Chart babies due in July 2015:
Blest's Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Chart babies due in June 2015:
Birdy's Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!
NzVeggie's Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Chart babies due in May 2015:
Chelsea’s Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Miss Blings's Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Kazzanz’s Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Chart babies due in April 2015:
Talz’s Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Apfel’s Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Chart babies due in March 2015:
Starting over’s Chart BFP – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Edited by *Sara* - 09 March 2015 at 1:30pm
KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 11:29am
I'm still pretty lost as to where to go from here, I haven't had any contact from FA again yet, how long does it take for them to contact you for a follow up? I sent them an email yesterday so I expect they will be in contact soon,
It's kinda like we have been given this huge bombshell of news and then now nothing, there is no plan, no way forward other than "you are on the waiting list for IVF" but no idea how long or how we are supposed to cope in the meantime,

Is it worth us trying other things to increase the motility? from what I can tell under about 40-50% is low, I know there is always a chance but damn 6.5% is low, it just seems like pointless trying other stuff to increase it but at the same time there is still a chance each month even though according to the numbers it is very slim, do I try other things each month and go through the roller coaster of perfect charting, timed BDing, OPK's and dealing with the 2WW to most likely get AF each month or do I somehow ignore all of this TTC for the next year or however long it takes to do IVF, and somehow manage?

This is all rambling I know and we will get through it but it sure isn't easy.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 12:25pm
KP06 keep in contact with fa. Hopefully you hear from
them quickly. I recommend asking them about the counselor
there. She is lovely and is good at talking about the process.
Sometimes the drs just say it how it is but miss those
little details that can bug you and leave you feeling lost.
40% is considered the average motility.
I recommend using menevit and keeping up a reasonably
healthy life style. Don't go being too drastic, I found that
was too much pressure for us. I think go with how
you feel each month while waiting for ivf. Your
emotions will naturally change to and from regularly. One month
we were trying then the next I purposely wouldn't so I purposely
wouldn't be disappointed when Af would arrive.

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 12:49pm
KP06 - with the IVF waitlist, FA should have approved you, and that aproval gets sent to your district health board for funding approval/clinic allocation. All going well, you should get a letter updating the progress within 2 weeks of your consult. The time on the waitlist depends on what region you are in - SI is around 9 mths last check, Welly 12 mths, Auckland 18 mths, and Hammy/Tauraunga 20 mths. All I can recommend is be as healthy as possible, so that you know you've done everything in your power to make it work and there aren't any 'what ifs'. Unfortunately this journey is a long one....
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 1:19pm
20 months that's a lot, I will be under Hamilton since we are in New Plymouth,

Yeah I know, the only thing though is I suspect they may have to swap us over from the PGD to the standard IVF wait list depending on what DP's genetic testing comes back as (he is on the public wait list for that as well), we suspect it is a x-linked recessive form so daughters would be carriers and son's would be unaffected so that won't qualify for PGD which is fine with me,

Is there any alternative to menevit? it's quite expensive, and any money I can save now the better as I have a feeling this is all going to become expensive over time,

If I did get some savings together and paid privately and it works and then was trying for a second, I assume my score would go down but I would still have a chance at getting public funding for trying for a second?
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 1:49pm
KP06 yes you would qualify for public funding if you pay for the first privately.  You can also stay on the public funding list while doing ivf privately so if that doesn't work you remain in your spot on the list.

Yes look up menevit, there are some key ingredients in there that you can purchase separately.  I troll all the different online pharmacies because more often than not one has a great deal on the menevit so I can often get it quite cheap by keeping an eye on them, but also know that just buying the key ingredients is just as effective.

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 3:11pm
KP06 - as Kazper said, you can pay privately and still keep your position on the wait list (and only lose it when you get pregnant).

For a second child your first has to be at least 3 years old before you'd qualify for funding again. We're on that current wait period, hence large gap between kids! After a second you'd no longer qualify for funding.
I believe vitamen is another vitamin complex that's a bit cheaper than menevit!
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 4:48pm
So in short if I paid privately and was lucky enough to get one I would have to wait until my first was 3 years old to go on the waiting list to wait another nearly 2 years,
But if I wait for a round of public funding then it may take up to 2 years from now to even start so if I pay for any subsequent treatment I will be older and the chances only get smaller and smaller,
I know compared to most I am only young but it was our choice to start trying when I was only 25 partially to avoid any problems and because the last 5-6 years I have doing everything I can to get ready to have kids and sort my life out, make money, buy a house etc etc.
I know I shouldn't complain as other people have it a lot worse off but it is still not easy.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 5:02pm
KP06 - I get exactly where you are coming from - I was trying at your age. Obviously we've chosen to wait for public funding, as we decided that the $13k+ for one treatment (plus almost $2k every subsequent transfer if any frozen) was a cost we'd prefer not to have when we could have it paid in under 2 years. Public funding not only covers the egg collection side, but also every transfer of any frosties you might get. Also covers 2 rounds with funding ($26k+ privately) if first round doesn't work. Then we can save money to have a 3rd kid if IVF works out. ok :)
6+ yrs TTC#2
FET#2 - BFN
Oct 16 BFP
KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 5:20pm
Yeah that's the thing, if I save hard I can afford a few rounds of IVF since we have tried to get ourselves in the best position possible as young as possible. On one hand it feels like if you try and get ahead you get pushed back and have to spend money on stuff other people don't, but at the same time since we are in this position we can afford IVF if we need to.

The only thing I can do I suppose is wait for my letter in the mail so I actually know when and spend this year saving money for a round of IVF for whenever I need it. It was suggested I could spend this year spending money and going away and having fun, but I don't want to do that, if I had of wanted to do that sort of thing I would already have been doing it.

I didn't know that about the frosties so that is good to hear, it counts even if it is saved for a few years down the line?
*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 9:45am
IVF does not sound like a fun time! I know there are lots of ladies in the 'TTC for 12months+' group that are going through it, so i suppose its good to be able to get lots of firsthand info!

My friend just called and shes 12wks, she had her boy 2 weeks after we had George (stillborn too) so i'm really happy for her, its just ouch as she got preg again, just after i did but i had the MC
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 10:11am
Oh Sara I'm sorry.  I know that must be so hard to take in.  Hang in there.  You can vent away to us any time.

KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 11:19am
I don't see IVF being too bad, more the waiting and the cost, at the end of the day at least the option is available these days,
I'm feeling a lot better today, have set up a plan regarding savings so will have money for a full round of IVF if I need it in just under a years time, whether or not I will actually need it is another story, but more savings won't harm anything

Sara that sounds bittersweet, hopefully you get your chance soon.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 12:42pm
That is a great attitude and exciting that you could start in under a year.  The IVF itself I didn't find bad at all so I am sure you will be fine with it.  You have the right attitude Smile

KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 1:19pm
Thanks Kazper, there's not really any other way around this, I refuse to become depressed, and I refuse to let it ruin our relationship, I can see how this journey can so easily do that though,
If I need to cry it out I make sure I do, I also make sure we are on the same page with all of this and talk about it when needed and not talk about it when needed also,

I don't really want to waste public funding at the same time though especially as I am still holding on to the hope of more than one baby along the line, all I can hope is we get a reasonable place in the wait list and I can manage to wait that long, or I get a nice surprise in the meantime,

The actual IVF is just a month of surgical stuff, drugs, injections etc from what I can tell and a month sounds so small of a time compared to the rest of it so I am sure I can manage that,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15831584158515861587 1639>