FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2011 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 575>
Author
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 9:19pm
Wannabe - what an awesome bump you have

Amme - well done for organising a party!! I can only just organise the family I hope you aren't getting sick as well

I feel huge at the moment like my skin is being stretched to the max and I've also got lots of pelvic pain, I'm pretty sure from everything moving but it feels bruised

Sponsored Links

Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 9:54pm
Limo:
Talk to your MW or ph a physio for a "Smilie Belt". It is made out of wetsuit material & it gave me instant relief as soon as I put it on for pelvic pain from pelvis being separated from weight of babies pressing down. $20 for the duration of my pregnancy - so well worth investigating!!!!

Hope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 10:39pm
GemaM that's a gorgeous cat! Cats are the best!

TheKelly: As soon as labour starts happening I'm getting down to the hospital and getting me my best friend: the epidural. Not keen to experience the full sensation of giving birth twice lol.

I'm middle age range for having a baby (30) but would love the energy and metabolism I had when I was 20 but would also love the increased wisdom and confidence I will (hopefully) have when I'm 40. Haven't done a tonne of travel yet but my goal is to make it to Paris on our 10 year wedding anniversary (2018) without the kids - is that selfish???

Hey any of you second time (or more) mums, is this pregnancy going waaay to fast for you? With DS the wait was interminable but this time it is flying by.

Wannabe: Will def be taking advantage of the LC service at the hospital. My LC helped me so much last time, couldn't have breastfed for as long as I did (10 months) without her. My baby girl is marginally smaller than the boy and the MW and sonographer weren't concerned. They both have good tummy size and apparently that's very important! I've been eating like a beast unleashed so nice to know that it's been doing some good!

Toooo tired to write any more. Hope you all have a good Monday.

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:56am
Hope you are the same age as me I totally agree with what you said about wisdom and energry

This pregnancy has fast parts and then slow parts but I think that's all cos it's deja vu for me

Wannabe - I had a smiley belt from 12wks with Quin so I know how good they are. It's funny cos I'm no where near as bad this time. Last time I had to wear the tube bandage as well cos that's how much pain I was in, I couldn't even walk around a mall without it hurting

pandrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 9:54am

I keep meaning to mention to you wannabe that my godmother had her first children at 43.  Triplets too!!!   She is such a fantastic mother and they are such good grounded polite kids.   They are 8/9yrs old now and live in Waikanae.

Its such a cute story -  Shalyn always wanted children but her first marrige didn't work out and then she married again but the guy already had 2 children (who were quite difficult).  Anyway celebrating her 40th birthday in Thailand of all things she went and got her nipples pierced (If you ever meet her you wouldn't think she'd do anything like that).  Then a little later she decided hell I just got my nipples pierced I'm not too old to have my own children if i can do this, why not use my boobs what they are meant for.  So that was that she was going to have her own babies.   And bam pregnant with twins so she thought, then bonus on her third scan the littlest showed itself and it was triplets.  She is so so in love with her babies, not so babies anymore.  When she got her nipples pierced she had pink sapphire jewels in each.  She had since had them made into a ring a added a blue sapphire.  Pink for each girl and blue for her boy.  Catherine, Danielle and Lawrence.

Edited by pandrew
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 11:11am
Paula - what a hoot your godmother sounds! And wow TRIPLETS!!! Eeeeek! I just read your post out to DH & he laughed & laughed & said "What a cool chick!!!".

Just had my polycose test & bloods for iron level check. Guess I'll find out on Thursday at Obstetrician if I passed, and if not then it'll be the GD fasting & 2 hr test yuck!

Off to pick up our new dishwasher off t/me (like you minxy we've been looking for a while), this one is 2-3 yrs old, $280 & never been used, brought from a Mitre 10. We have Mitre 10 Mega just down the road if we have any probs! I'm a bit excited - never owned a dishwasher before YAAAAYYYY!

Then off to Kiwi Baby Glenfield as they are supposed to be having a huge sale at the mo. Just window shopping at this stage, but always good to see what they have.

minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 1:12pm
Hope I think Paris is a stunning idea and NOT selfish! We need to focus on our romance with our babies father as well as raising our children:)

Pandrew - what an awesome story!!! Triplets still make me gulp though!

Maebee I meant to tell you that I have felt LESS kicking in past few days also. In fact last night I was sure I had felt no kicks all day and was getting ready to call midwife..then boom-de-boom..wolfies started moving. Phew.

Wannabe - Good luck for your tests sweets. :)
Oh boy - GREAT d/washer scroe! You will looove how clean they come out. Did a test run on ours last nighht and it's spot on so really pleased. was worth waiting for to find one at a price we were happy with.

I see PPatch have a great online sale with free delivery for online and an additional 25% off?

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 1:51pm
Just enjoyed me regular "in town" pursuit of visiting all the stores and viewing their baby stuff....then home to TRADEME it!

I feel so rude sometimes, i got a saleswoman super excited today i asked so many questions about cots/mattresses but all i wanted was the information to buy a new one of trademe...

I escaped Mt Cook at i'm in Timaru currently - its sunny! No more sideways rain/snow and wind so strong you fear for the house.... magic.

A friend just put a pic on facebook of her in bed, holding her wee son, happy partner at her side, all looking towards the camera.....and he's cutting the cord. To me, not a moment for facebook!! Private moment!! But that seems to be just my opinion...

Wannabe - your belly is SO CUTE, and i love your PJ's. Where do you get cute things like that? I sleep in singlets and cotton boxers....the only PJ's i ever see are those flanelette ones with cows on or something...also i need to find something classy to wear in hospital. Because yes, that is my greatest concern!! Seems like we should all just raid your drawers!

I agree with the flying along part - time to 12 weeks just crawled....now its going too fast!!

Pandrew - terrifying, another baby coming out! Your godmother sounds wicked though.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 1:59pm
Hurrah pumpkin patch sales though their gear is more expensive, i've heard it lasts longer and has a higher resale value. Good for those who are keeping for a second baby or selling on later.

I currently don't do dishes at all - there is a whole team of people who do that stuff for me. The only thing i've cleaned is my own knives in about a year! Everything else i hand over to the kitchenhands and they take care of it! Luckily my mom has a dishwasher. Though isnt it part of being a kid? Standing on a stool and drying plates with one of the parents?
pandrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 2:44pm
Woohoo Wannabe almost down to double figures (less than 100 days to go) 
blessedwiththebest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blessedwiththebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 4:16pm
Attention: ChikkyD!

I just spotted this dress online & thought of you... It's on the Pumpkin Patch website but I cant find where to buy it on there so I popped into our local store & tried it on. It's fabulous! In the pic the top half looks more white & black stripes, but IRL it's more of an off-creamy colour with black stripes. If you dressed it up with some nice flats & did something a bit flashy with your hair then it might be appropriate for your end of year events? The size small fit me so you might even be an XS & it sat at knee length on me.

Just a thought
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 6:19pm
oooh my god, just assembled the cot - SO DIFFICULT!! (to get the sliding drop part sorted). Called brother in, took ONE look and popped out this invisible white thing that allowed all the screws to lock together....argh.

Spent the day in the sun, in the garden. Planted butterbeans, snowpeas, capsicums, jalapenos, parsley, garlic, corriander, corn, courgettes, strawberrys, potatoes, beetroot, spring onions, and radishes!!! All due to harvest in 8 - 14 weeks. I've never had a garden before, but my mom is a champ gardner and taught me all the tricks. It cost $19 for all the seeds/little seedlings for all those plants!! And some things, like the courgettes and beans harvest for a month with continual picking.

Happy times
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 6:55pm
DH & I went to the Glenfield Kiwi Baby store & picked up our new trademe dishwasher whilst over that side of town. Its not really new, 2 yrs old but NEVER been used, it still had the polystyrene in it!!! Close enough for me & only $280!!! Bargain.

Glenfield store had some great specials on single Mt Buggies & P&T's & City Select's ladies - give them a call by Saturday & compare with wherever you are looking at them from...you never know you might save some $$$.

DHs folks have offered to pay for a Chili Red & Black Mt Buggy Duo 2010 by Sat (when the sale finishes) $799 & then Kiwi Baby will hold off ordering it until mid Dec so the warranty can start 7-10 days later when it arrives. Whoop whoop!

Bowie - go you good green-fingered girl you!!! Yum!!!! Such an Earth Mother.

Minxy - I deleted the PP email - too tempting!!!

But Bobux is having a sale. Check it out BOBUX

Right better get ready to go to our 1st South Aucks Multiple Birth Club Night to meet some 'local' multiple parents & maybe some who are due around the same time as us.

Hope everyone is feeling great with a bit of sun on your faces (ooooh Chikky - I've started using Dove tinted moisturiser & think I look a little bit golden already).

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:30pm
hehe Bowie, when my friend and I assembled the cot for Ty it took us over an hour, then DH comes home looks at it ,says "did you remember to put the something something " and we said "ummm"
so he took it apart and redid it properly,took him 15 minutes.

I usually get T&T for the kids til they are a year or more, they grow so fast and PP unless on special is so expensive, they end up wearing it for about a week.Love the clothes for C's age tho, mind you shes more into Urban angel these days

I cleared out the spare room, man what a relief! took me agggges

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:42pm
Is the spare room to be for baby? I cleaned mine (or, my mothers) out today too. Are we all going to start nesting like mad things now?

New World has a sale on pigeon breast pads - $8 something instead of $11 something. I'm pretty sure this was the brand that everyone recommended, right?
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:42pm
totally depressed now. I sorted my clothes to pack up and clear out a bit of space. I only have yoga pants, gym shorts, my maternity jeans and some black work pants left :'( none of my pretty skirts fit bump.
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:53pm
Bowie - well done you for doing some gardening Mine looks horrible I'm thinking of bribing the boys into doing some weeding for me Pigeon are the best breast pads that I've found.

Wannabe - sounds like you got a great score on the dishwasher and yay for the pram as well.

Kelly - I like T & T as well, I brought some tops from there for $3 each I only buy pp from the outlet shops or if they are really on special.

Amme - It doesn't last forever hun but I know it sucks when you don't have nice clothes. I've been living in the same clothes for the last 1 1/2yrs!!

By the way how do you get emails from pp??

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:54pm
bowie - pigeon are a good brand, but personally I found they kept bunching up on me (as they are quite thin & flexible), and preferred the Johnsons ones - so def get some, but I'd hold off buying up large just incase you don't like them..... of course, you might love them too! Things like that are so hard to know whether to stock up on or not.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 8:04pm
Amme - i totally feel for you! I have two pairs of pants (one jeans, one black pants) and about 6 stretchy cotton tops (that are verging on becoming indecent) and.....four empire line dresses. Thats it, total. I have this entire wardrobe of beautiful little sun dresses just waiting for summer....and its not going to fit

I have to keep reminding myself its totally worth it. And i wore my bikini to the pool the other day. Bump got looks (and touched by a stranger) but its like an accessory at the moment. And not everyone has one.
pandrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 9:50pm

Bump picy 25weeks 

Oh and what do you think of the dress its one that arrived from ezibuy today.

Hah didn't realise I look a little possessed.  eek

Edited by pandrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 575>