FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2011 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 575>
Author
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:25am
OH MY GOD, TheKelly, your picture changed again, which tripped me out - are you changing it like every two minutes or is there some kind of computer glitch? I'm so awesomely confused
Sponsored Links

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:38am
It changed back!!!

I took a print screen so you know i'm not mental!

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:42am
hehehehe , nawww Im not that computer savvy ! lol, I have it hooked up to some program that changes them every so often, there should be three I think ? yeah, should be another one of C and Ty

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:42am
see ! haha , there ya go , its the one above :-D

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:58am
Ahhhh ok, all is well with the world then

I must be the only person who notices these things.

My german ex-boyfriend just informed me that stretch marks in german is Schwangerschaftsstreifen which apparently means "Pregnancy Stripes". I thnk thats kinda cute.
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:09am
sweetknights - I this region they generally encourage you to go to Invercargill to have your baby if its your first, so thats where i'm headed. If it was my second time or third i don't think i would hesitate to use the hospital in Queenstown.

Limo - haha i love that ad

Bowie - i love that they call them 'pregnancy stripes'.. sounds a lot better then the very blunt stretchmarks..   
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:33am
My son called them my tiger stripes when he was younger. :)
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:47am
Those are both such cute ways of putting them

One of my friends from school just sent me a whole box of girls things, yay I love getting mail even better that it's baby things!! I finally feel like we are getting somewhere. The boys were all excited until they decided that mocking me was much more fun cos I kept saying how everything was "so cute"

Bowie - that is pretty perceptive of you to notice Kellys sig changing

Liv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:24pm
I dreamt we had the baby the other night, and it was a girl! We named her Tallulah, and she was born in Raro as she was early so we hadn't gone to Wellington yet. We had no clothes to dress her in cos all our baby clothes were still in the box in Wellington, so we had to taker her home wrapped in a cloth nappy. Hmmm    Tallulah!?
Liv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:27pm
Oh and I didn't mean to sound scary when I wrote about epidurals the other night, I think they are a wonderful wonderful invention.
crakars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crakars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:36pm
"lurker"

Hey Liv - congrats - tallulah? - i can see that - lets hope its not early as thats not much fun - are you coming home to have the baby?

"lurker out"

Edited by crakars
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:52pm
SiennasMummy:
YAY I'm soooo pleased the creams are working & I'll have my fingers crossed that the rash stays away until your beautiful bubs arrives.
Thanks for highlighting PUPPPS to all of us so we don't ignore the beginning symptoms should any of us first-timers look like we're getting it too.

And I wouldn't worry about bubs size by feel - if that was the case I'd be nearly full term!!! Even when they measure the femur, tummy & head at a scan they can still be up to a week out as we found out when someone else did the measurements 2 scans ago.

nicole1305:
Ooooh GL with your p[olycose results - you'll pass with flying colours too doll! And have fun at antenatal class - hope you click with a few of the others that you can keep in contact with afterwards!

Bowie:
YES! The roasted beetroot, orange & feta salad was a hit with DH & myself - I wish we'd grown more than 4 beets! Now I know what we are going to put in our two new raised gardens & can make it again in 4 mths!

And YES a recipe a week (or how about every 3 or so days) is a fab idea!!!! Since its finally Springish how about some more salad ideas (with potato, carrot, kumera, pasta, greens etc as bases to start off your creative thought processes...)

What do you reckon chickadees???

Liv: I quite like Talullah Belle... And nah you didn't scare us!

Well the babies have been a bit quiet for the last coupla days but she's certainly making up for it today - like Malcolm McLaren sang "Somethings jumping in my shirt"

They have even started playing with us - if I press down I can find a foot or a knee & they like to push against it - DH got kicked in the face last night when he was saying goodnight to them (by her of course!)

Is anyone else thinking of going to "Homegrown Welly" on the 5th March 2011? Would be a cool place to meet up!

I'm guessing the "Big Day Out Aucks" on the 21st of January will be out of the question for most of us!!!

Edited by Wannabe

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:14pm
Not sure about Tallulah Liv When I got preg with Quin I had a dream that I had a little girl (we didn't know it was a boy then) and it went through my labour and everything was pretty strange

Wannabe - Yay that they are playing with you. My little girl kicked her dad in the head the other day that was pretty funny.

I'd love to go to big day out but I'm having my 30th and Quins 1st B Day the following day. Thinking I should be alright considering I will have a 3 day old baby.

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:19pm
I had the same thing LC, when I was pregnant with Ty (and had had the scan too,so knew he was a boy) I dreamed I had a girl, went through the labour etc and her name was Madelyn Grace

Are you having a c section LC? I can't remember

amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:30pm
lol... tallulah does the hula in hawaii (didnt her parents lose custody or something for calling her that.

epidurals and c sections freak me out. but if i need them I will go with them.
blessedwiththebest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blessedwiththebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:37pm
Hiii everybody! (Hahah typing that made me say "Hi Doctor Nick!" in my head, like off the Simpsons... so immature )

SiennasMummy So stoked for you that the PUPPPS has been clearing up! Fingers x'd the creams keep it at bay for you hun.

nicole & Wannabe Can you girls tell me if the polycose test is standard procedure for all preggy ladies? It's probably already been mentioned somewhere but I must have missed it - I just know my MW hasnt said anything about this to me & am wondering if we're all supposed to have them.

Oooh all this talk of beetroot is making me crave fresh fruit & veges om nom nom. You ladies have inspired me to look into starting my own vege garden heh. There's a perfect little posse in our back yard where we could have it - it's currently an old compost heap so we'd just need to get rid of all the crap out of there & put in a proper dirt patch. Is it relatively easy to set up?

Am loving the idea re using EPO capsules when we get closer to full-term. Inserting them & allowing them to dissolve sounds like it really helps in terms of softening everything up & preventing/reducing tearing. Heheh it does seem a bit funny though - by then we mightn't be able to push them in very far - imagine having to ask ya bloke for a hand!

Wannabe Joe & I usually make it to the music festivals every year but I doubt BDO is going to happen for 2011! We did joke about it though, going into labour in the moshpit... haha how horrible would that be. I'm assuming you're not planning on taking the twins to Homegrown? If we could afford it we'd probably go but somehow I dont think it'll fit in our budget next year hah.

Just thinking about baby names again... my current favourite for a girl is Eden I think it's so pretty - Eden Maree Rickard.

Ha, I met a girl over the weekend who has a 4 month old daughter. She was off her face drunk, acting VERY desperate & dressed in, well, hardly dressed at all. She asked me how far along I was, I said about 24 weeks. "Oh sweet," she tells me, "In a couple weeks time you can go on the sickness benefit - score!!" Apparently from 26 weeks on, if you're unemployed, you can qualify for the sickness benefit which works out to something like $200 or $300 a week. Crazy huh! It was quite funny, I said I probably wouldnt be eligible as I work full time, to which she replied "Oh you have a job?!" Hahah yes sweetheart. I think I kinda get why some people are quick to judge young mums - cos its girls like her that give us a bad name.
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:49pm
Kelly - I'm having a c-section, unfortunatly I don't get a choice

Jess - Eden is very pretty that girl sounds like a bit of a winner I was 20 when I had Thomas but no way was I acting like that I was at home with my baby. I always have the opinion (just my opinion) that if you make the decision to have a baby then you should be adult enough to deal with the consequences!! You don't sound like her at all Jess so you have nothing to worry about, you and your dp are going to be great parents

Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 2:11pm
young_mum:
The polycose test is to check for the first signs of Gestational Diabetes, and there is another test if you show signs at the polycose. With you being errr younger it would be quite rare to get GD I think? I'm just at a higher risk being ancient & carrying twins.

And crazy as this sounds but DH & I HAVE booked our tickets to HOMEGROWN for next year. The twins should be 3 mths by then & we're staying with guests from our wedding who are also coming with us. We're going with the attitude that if they have a melt down we'll just go back to our friends place or leave & go for a quiet walk around the waterfront & try again later.

Obviously we won't be trying to get up the front this year - we're gonna set up a little picnic area at the back of whatever stage we are watching at the time, & take the double buggy so they can sleep (with their own tiny earmuffs), & hire 2x carriers so we can chuck the twins on our fronts for easier wandering around if we want to.

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 3:53pm
I think its awesome you're going to take the babies to the festival! Don't talk about BDO though, i've gone every year since i was 17, and IGGY POP is coming (i think i had this rant a few pages back) and its 3 days before my due date. SO gutted.

Young Mum, gardens are eeeasy, put a raised edge around it if you want, otherwise just dig it over (loosen the earth) and toss in a bag of compost (you can get them about $8 from the warehouse) and then dig that all in. And follow the instructions on the packet! Hint: Radishes (are delicious) and grow reeeeally quick so if you throw them into a row with a slower growing vege (ie beetroot) it will grow faster and show you where your beetroot are planted, and when you pick the radishes it "thins" out the beets so they have room to grow bigger and tastier.

A good hint is to mark the row with a stick at each end as well or you forget where you planted things and are left staring at a blank garden for a few weeks not knowing what is where

er....i may have got mega sunburnt today
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 5:06pm
oh noooo bowie, I am still suffering from my sunburn 3 days ago. One day I will learn to use sunscreen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 575>