FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2011 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 575>
Author
islandgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 8:51am
Ohhhh can I have the link toooo please?

My MW weighs me EVERY month! I seem to be used to it... but seriously! I have put on 1.7kg from time I got pregnant... that's OK eh? Some of the rude ladies at work are talking about how I should really be watching what I eat so I don't get really big... ahem... half a bread roll and fruit... and I should eat LESS?!?!

Heartburn.. I eat icecream, no I'm certainly not joking! 30-60 mins before I go to bed, cures me and stops me waking up at 4am starving!! I'm not good with getting enough calcium in my diet so 2 birds, one stone

We're walking after work most days - well after DH's work.. will be interesting to see how it goes from next week with me back at work! Well done LozNZ on the yoga!

Bowie - sounds a pain in the behind banning everyone... surely a warning would suffice!

Does anyone get the throbbing legs? They're not cramps (like you get from exercise etc)... more painful throbbing at 3am and you have to go for a walk to make them stop.... any magic ways of stopping them??

Well ladies I feel like a REAL domestic goddess... have finished my first every (riduculously HUGE) patchwork quilt for DH's brother's wedding (4 months before wedding! Considering it's only my 2nd sewing project ever.. Very proud.. and now on to making neinish (sp?) tarts! Wohooo

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves!
Sponsored Links

fletch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 9:58am
I have never really thought about routeins before - I now think I will have to do some reading up - I might be expecting to much from the classes we have signed up to - as I was thinking everything would be covered in there - maybe I am totally wrong and having a little stress out!! _ But I know deep down it will all work out -FINGERS CROSSED

I will be checking out those links tho - (ooohhhh my Friday nights have changed hehehehe)

Thank you all for discussing it so I am starting to think about it and start getting sorted.

As all my friends live in another city I don't think I will be having a baby shower - but just yesterday booked to fly down south home when the baby is born. We are thinking of having a baby shower dinner with the baby - that way friends and family can met the baby. And I also have to be a in a weeding party - so understand about the weight thing. I have made the decision I am not eating for two and get annoyed when people tell me I am!!! I am a larger girl anyway and have put on 7 kgs - which hopefully isn't to bad for my size. My MW doesn't weigh me either.

Cramp!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG - I had the worst carmp in the world the other night - I woke up screaming and jumped out of bad yelling - My lovely DH laughed and was teasing me about dying and how I was yelling 'it's the worst in the world'!!! Gotta love him - he is also the same guy who laughs when I throw up as I make a lot of noise - the more I try to be quiet the more noise I make. It is a bit of a joke now!! I also am the same who hiccups!!!

Bowie - they sound real tough where you work!

To all those still active - how do you do it!!! I admire you!!

Well better go catch up on some paper work - aka check out the Pandora Charms on the Net - but to DH - catching up on work!!!!
fletch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 10:00am
sorry for all the spelling above!!! MMMMMmmm... been on holidays for way to long!!
Ksmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 10:14am
Happy Friday everyone! It is such gorgeous weather here today...I hope it holds out for the weekend...

Just got back from my MW appointment and my Polycose tests came back perfect!!! YAY!!!

Bowie- I think your work was a little harsh!

Question- has anyone else looked into banking baby's cord blood or done it with previous babies? What were your thoughts/experiences? DH and I are thinking about it and would love to hear anyone elses experiences....
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:18pm
Yay Nicole on a perfect result from your polycose test!

Bowie: arse about being banned. You must sooo be counting down when you can kiss that place goodbye doll!

Cord banking:
DH & I have discussed it in great depth & although we soooo see the merits of it, we just can't afford to do it x2 & to store it x2 per year. If we won Lotto before these two arrive it is at the top of our wish list tho.

I remember someone on here was talking about it a little while ago & they did it with their first, & will do with their 2nd, & highly recommended it. Bugga can't remember who sorry!

I wish the government would subsidise it as wouldn't it save them $$$ in the long run on the public health system??? Maybe sometime in the future - yeah right!

Minxy - could cord blood have been used when your brother first had his accident?

DH & I planted our two small raised vege gardens last night. We've now got 10x beetroot, 2x zuchinni, 6x lettuces, 6x mesclin lettuces, 6x spinach, 1x roma & 1x cherry tomato plants, 4x strawberries, basil, pesto basil, corriander, parsley, lots of radishes & parsnip, & 5x capsicum (red, orange, yellow, purple, & a long red spicy variety).

Feel very proud of our efforts - now we just have to keep them alive long enough to harvest our efforts!

DH is 1/2 way through cleaning out our sleepout so we can turn that into a guest bedroom so we have an empty room to make into the nursery. Kinda bummed that the cots won't be here til Dec as the nursery will look empty til then - but at least its a start right????

YAY end of the week & a busy weekend ahead: Sat: working garden/garage bee at M&FILs in preparation for his 60th party in Dec then multiple antenatal class &... Bathurst on Sunday! DHs family tradition - the men-folk sit downstairs at B&SILs watching it on the projector screen & the woman-folk serve them beer & nibbles all day. I can't hardly wait....NOT!

I must find an event that the ladies can spend 6+ hrs watching & the men can wait on us (once I can drink wine & eat soft cheeses again of course!!!).

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY & WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!
You are all gorgeously stunning mums & mums-to-be. May the men folk bow at our feet in appreciation.

Edited by Wannabe

minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Wannabe Wannabe wrote:

You are all gorgeously stunning mums & mums-to-be. May the men folk bow at our feet in appreciation.

Love it Wannabe!!!!!

WHO has put ion 1.7kgs???? Oh my GOD! I have put on 12 already. I could cry...but I won't...I'll just have another biscuit.
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:19pm
I have put on 1kg over my prepregancy weight. which means that I have lost 8kgs and gained 9 during the pregnancy.

I am shell shocked right now. I feel like I've been hit by a train. The person that dh is covering for in his maternity leave position is handing in her 1 month notice to come back so this time next month dh will be out of a job.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:21pm
We also discussed cord banking... but as I don't want to work for at least the year and we want more than one child, financially we can't afford to do it.

Minxy - I was going to apologise.. but I've seen your fabulous photos on FB!! If you weren't so friendly I'd dislike you a lot!!

Well done Nicole... great results... but gutted..my weather is overcast and cloudy.... 17 degrees my bottom!!!

Has anyone started their antenatal classes? We start Nov 9th.... not really sure what to expect!

Have made 54 pastry cases - mini lemon meringue tartlets and neenish tarts... delish.. not keeping them all - it's a welcome home to my parents... Dad will love them... favourite child status!
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:41pm
God amme - I am so sorry! I dont knwo what to say - that is such a curve ball hun. When did she originally intend to come back?

Island girl you sweetie - the pics show my bloaty bloaty. And in any case the majority of the weight has gone on BEHIND me - like I have a giant counter weight of an arse, getting ready for the huge bump I am going to grow. I think my body has a good pregnancy memory...even from 20yrs ago. It remembers what a Gigantor of a baby I had last time and is preparing itself so i dont fall over frontwards when I get to 9 months. Clever fatty boom-ba-la-da body! ;)

Anyone considering taking a breastfeeding class? I wan't going to but figure it might not be a bad idea if I really want to have the best shot at it this time around.
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:51pm
Oh Amme I'm so sorry to hear that hun, I hope something comes up

I do think cord banking is a good idea but really with soon to be 4kids (though it wasn't around for the other 2) we just can't afford it.

Well I have been in total agony. The baby is changing her position and is pressing on the nerves in my back, lets just say I can't sit properly and haven't had alot of sleep But on a brighter note we get to start her room tomorrow

Wannabe you have to start somewhere hun and clearing out the room is a good start

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 3:20pm
Oh F**K, Amme, that is major suck!! When was she supposed to come back...?

MAJOR RANT - Skip if you wish, i just have to get it out..

So, a few months ago i left about four baked potatos in the blast chiller (a machine that can freeze things in 10min, like a freezer on turbo) to cool down and totally forgot them - they sat there overnight. It was like world war three from the bosses. I'm stupid, i'm careless, i wasted the produce, i should f*ck off because i'm a pathetic waste of space etc etc. Today i started work, and someone had left 6 trays of chicken liver pate in the oven, at 200 degrees overnight. It was ON FIRE!!! Literally, FLAMES! ON FIRE!!! I put it out, because i'm super woman, but obviously had to mention it to the boss. His comment to the chef responsible? Oh well, we make mistakes, be more careful next time. Hmmm, frozen harmless potatoes, deadly inferno of chicken liver...yeah i can see those reactions were totally in line with the offence. I am sick of being treated like the scum of the kitchen. Being a female in a professional kitchen is hard enough, let alone being a PREGNANT female. Being both of those things as well as being hated on by both bosses is the worst experience of my life.

Argh! RANT OVER!!!!

I'm very tired, and i'd quite like to just go to sleep and wake up when the baby is here.
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 3:32pm
Perhaps your boss is Irish? We take our potatoes pretty seriously you know!!! ;)
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 3:37pm
hugs bowie, that is terrible.

DH is a teacher so she was not meant to be coming back until next year. now dh will have to find a temporary job for a couple of months to cover us before he can start a teaching job (assuming he gets one).

We looked into cord banking but as much as I hate it to be cost is definitely the deciding factor which means no.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 3:41pm
I'm the same same on cord banking as well by the way - brilliant idea, can't afford.

Amme - i'm sure he will get a teaching job. Remember that male teachers are pretty sought after - it will be fine

Minxy, he IS irish, how did you know!? But he also hates me because i don't take his crap. The chef before him was a real terror - a german who literally would throw hot pans and plates at your head (i still have a scar from a knife he threw once) but i loved him to bits, would have walked over fire for him. He commanded that kind of respect from his team, despite the dramatics. This new guy is a wank. I can't stand him - no one can - and i think he knows it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 4:09pm
Amme that sucks! Strange she would want to come back in 4 weeks.... then she will only be teaching for 5-6 weeks! The contract for pregnant teachers works REALLY well for teachers wanting to take maternity leave, but it is quite tough for the people who take a maternity leave position!!

Bowie - doesn't that just rip your undies!! Ohhhh the things you could say to him if you didn't need the job/references!!!

Minxy - we don't have any breastfeeding classes in my area - had heard about them, bet they have some good advice.. if you go... perhaps we could sneek in a video and you could post it on youtube for us with all the info?!

Limochick YAY for starting baby girl's room tomorrow..... suck for the painfulness

Wow I'm shagged - all the baking... not sure how work is going to feel next week... bring on 9 weeks from today!!
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 4:20pm
I read that first as 9 weeks until baby arrives and was all horrified at how soon that is. I finish work in just under 8 weeks. SO happy about that
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by islandgirl islandgirl wrote:

Minxy - we don't have any breastfeeding classes in my area - had heard about them, bet they have some good advice.. if you go... perhaps we could sneek in a video and you could post it on youtube for us with all the info?!

Absolutely!!
Ha – just had a thought. I’ve never been to one before and I certainly don’t recall having ‘lactation consultants’ when Callum was a baby……so what if things have come so far that we’re all expected to get our mammaries out for a show at the first class. You know – as an introduction. “Hi, I’m Minxy and these are my girls” God. Should I prepare by naming them? Get an “Introducing….” Sticker for each breast? I should at least put some glitter or something on them. I mean what an embarrassment of everyone has their boobs all glammed up and I am the underdressed one? Shame!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 4:26pm
Hahaha OMG can you imagine that?!?! 9 weeks? So not organised for that scenario!!

I finish in 9.... ohhhh I think it will be chat central from then?
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 4:38pm
Minxy, i doubt they will ask you to get your nips out but you should totally get name tags for each one, just to start conversations

BTW - My maternity booklet thing they gave me at the first doc appointment suggests that my midwife may have wanted to examine my nipples to check they are sutiable for b/f. I was scared as sh*t approaching my first appointment - but she hasnt asked yet and hopefully never will

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 5:00pm
Well I think at the VERY least Minxy you will need to put them in a stunning bra... at least that way if you had to get them out, they would be wrapped beautifully!!

Lactation consultants... imagine if it was a man... could never take him seriously after that!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 575>