FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2011 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 575>
Author
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 6:40pm
yup, amme summed up the bleeding nicely and then you think it's all over, and do something slightly more exercisey, and it starts again! one trick at the start is to use 2 maternity pads at once, which stops you having to change every hour! no tampons allowed either, because if there's any retained tissue it needs to come out. plus. the maternity pads are way better to sit on... the more padding the better!

i didn't get my period back till 15 months properly, so that's one upside!

amme - it sounds like maybe you're getting braxton hicks contractions? they're like a tightening of the uterus and are a bit uncomfortable. I'm now getting 5+ BH every day, which is apparently normal but annoying
Sponsored Links

islandgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 6:43pm
I've always wondered about the bleeding myself.... thanks for the info! I must say, am definitely not missing my periods.. it will be tough getting them back (and a bit of a shock to the system!!).

Has anyone told you that you won't be able to swim for about 6 weeks after the birth?!?! A friend who gave birth last year (in Jan) let me know... OMG serious flaw in my master plan!! But perhaps we won't feel like swimming???

Amme - I'm secondary and can only teach secondary without retraining, primary can go up as long as they either have a degree in a subject (so can teach seniors), or must stick with simpler junior subjects. In our area we are sooo short of relievers that they will pretty much take anyone (if you are a registered teacher in ANYTHING then they will let you teach whatever level as a reliever!). Good luck with it all!!!
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 7:05pm
Blondy - i may be totally stupid, but i've heard people say about wearing two at once before and i don't get it....side by side i'm guessing (??!) but how do you get them to fit!!!

And i've always had a 3 day light flow period, and i've only used pads once or twice - i am dreading this whole thing!!

Amme thanks for the info - im pleased its just dischargey stuff for the last bit, in my head it was 6 weeks of full on heavy bleeding.
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 7:28pm
For me it was on top of each other, with them slightly overlapping forward and back. They're too wide in themselves! And I didn't have a clue either beforehand, so def not a stupid question!
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 7:35pm
I must say I don't think you'll want to use tampons afterwards Totally agree on the more padding the better especially if it was a natural birth!!

I'm not missing my period either and not looking forward to getting it back. Apparently having your tubes tied can effect it so I don't know what to expect.

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 7:41pm
Thats a good point - surely if your tubes are tied and your eggles arent going anywhere then your body should figure that out and forgoe making a uterine lining...?

Blondy, thanks i guess that makes sense....i need to buy some underwear that isnt skanky and lacy that actually has a crotch thing to stick pads too. TMI??

I got sunburnt in my lunch break AGAIN today - but at around 5 it started snowing HARD and now there is near 3 inches on the ground! Of course now i'm paranoid that i'm going to go into extremely early labour and be trapped here
fletch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 8:17pm
Bleeding... I didn't know so much about it... mmmm.... Thanks for the info- I shall prepare !!! Esp the placing!!

I am over feeling sick and tired!! Anyone totally the same? Wehn I told MW she said 'what a shame'!!!

No swimming?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well I am looking forward to seeing my class tomorrow -first day back at school!!
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 8:19pm
Honestly the best thing to do when it comes to undies is buy cheap ones like in a pack and dark colours as well so then you can just throw them out once you are all finished

Naughty you getting sunburnt and snow and sunburn on the same day, that's pretty random

Apparently your periods can get heavier after having your tubes tied

minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by bowie bowie wrote:

Thats a good point - surely if your tubes are tied and your eggles arent going anywhere then your body should figure that out and forgoe making a uterine lining...?

No - because you still have your ovaries releasing hormones. So your uterine limning thickens every month in anticipation of te egg it is expecting.

If you have no ovaries however...THEN you get no periods.
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 8:35pm
I didn't worry about swimming last time with it being the middle of winter..... and to be fair, if I end up with the same 6-month sized jelly belly I ended up with last time for a month or two, it won't make me want to jump into togs anytime soon this time! That was the worst thing for me, going from this large but firm belly to having all that saggy skin and tummy that still makes you look pregnant!
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:09pm
Blondy I hear you on the saggy belly that is the worst part I reackon Unfortunatly for me I've had a pouch since my 1st baby and no matter how many sit ups I've done it's never gone away As for swimming I haven't been in togs for years either but I would love to go swimming with the kids so once I've had this one I'm on a mission to loose the weight!!

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:36pm
Limochick - a couple of preg and recently preg friends and I were just saying today that we still have/had that jelly layer on top of the bump this time around! Not fair that even the baby pushing everything out and about still can't push that jelly layer somewhere it's not obvious! I don't think that lower tummy flab ever goes away
mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 10:24pm
I have just purchased a smiley belt online for back and abdomen support and it is fantastic. I am finding by the afternoon my lower baby bump is burning sore so the smiley belt is awesome, it is made of wetsuit material so really supportive and doesn't roll up over the bump like lycra does
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 6:45am
Blondy - I don't know whether it's that I am hiding it or am more FAT this time cos alot of people haven't even noticed that I'm pregnant dh thinks it's cos people think I'm still big from having Quin so they don't say anything.

Appy - smiley belts are awesome, you can also get them through your midwife or your local hospital I hope it helps you lots!!

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 7:55am
Limochick - 100 days to go!!! Final countdown is on how freaking exciting. And really? Aww....that also makes sense, biologically speaking. I don't know much about reproductive tracts. And *if* people think you're just big from Quinn at least they have the tact not to say anything. But i've seen a pic of you (at least i think i have...?) and i'd know you were prego - and i dont think you're fat!

Just so i can sound the most shallow person out there - i am really dreading not bouncing back. I've never been super fit or super trim but i had a decent body and actually ran a triathalon the week i got pregnant so i was fit enough. NOT that baby will be in anyway not worth it, but my shallow side is going don't get bigger its not going away.

Of course, reading an (OLD) magazine article about Heidi Klum being on the victorias secret catwalk 6 weeks after her daughters birth doesnt help.

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 8:24am
Honestly Bowie I think the celebs and people in the press put a real unrealistic spin on it. I watch Kendra and she had real problems loosing weight. I reackon alot of those stars get tummy tucks at the same time as having the baby but I'm not sure. If you were fit before you will get back there again

thanks for saying I look preggo as well

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 9:21am
I do remember one of those CELEB SCANDELS! That suggested people such as posh, angie, etc got elective C sections at around 36 weeks (to avoid last minute growth and stretching) and had a tummy tuck at the same time. I know that sounds so ridiculously shallow and vein but i'm also pretty confident when i actually have the wee guy i won't give a .. about how i look

Urrrgh just went up to staff dining for breakfast and ended up sitting with a woman i don't know other then just from a distance - shes in her late 50's and her every sentence was "I've never been pregnant BUT...." or "Now, i've never had a baby, BUT..." followed by really weird advice. Then asking if i had a midwife, because she's delivered three babies before and would like to have a go at a fourth! I was trying to be gentle since her demeanor sort of suggested she would very much have liked to have kids but either couldnt or just hadnt but god it was irritating.
Kris5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 10:14am
Morning ladies:)

Hope everyone had a good weekend...

Is anyone able to recommend good books re the whole expecting/first time mum experience? I am looking for one that covers guidance after the baby is born as well, not just the pregnancy/birthing experience.

Your recommendations would be most appreciated Hope Monday treats you well!!
ChikkyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikkyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 10:49am
Hey Kris

I'm reading Baby Secrets by Jo Tantum, I'm a first timer and am finding it really interesting. It came highly recommended by the lovely lady who gave it to me.. she read a ton of books when she was pregnant with her first and said that this was the only one that really stood out. She used the routines on both of her two kiddes and they are fantastic sleepers

link here

ALSO - Went to buy an electric breast pump in the weekend. I was horrified when i saw the prices - $250+!! Anyone have any recommendations on these such as best brand to buy etc?
Kris5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 11:31am
Thanks ChikkyD!!

Looks like a fantastic read, gotta get this one

Sorry, I can't help you with the breastpump question but wow, that is expensive!! I am also keen to get one so looking forward to other's feedback. Enjoy Monday!! X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 575>