FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecommend your Midwife!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommend your Midwife!!
    Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:05pm
I've seen this on another forum and thought it would be a good thread on OB. State the region you're in and the name of your MW, if you'd recommend them. It might help others choose a MW. Please DON'T mention the names of those you wouldn't recommend.

I'll start. I'm on Auckland's NS and I had Debbie Greenwood from Maternity Associates. She was wonderful, particularly with her post-natal care.

Sponsored Links

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:56pm
Mine is Helena Humphries from Hibiscus coast Midwives - shes awesome - no bulls**t - had three babes of her own and is just a really nice chic
Is licensed for NSH and Waitak too
http://lilypie.com]
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 10:28pm
Michelle Vincent from Ngaio medical centre in Wellington (does Northern Suburbs). She is just fantastic! The whole time

TBH she was my 10th choice as I had NO idea about picking a midwife! But I am so glad I got her!!

Lots of experience and a hospital mw and an independent. Has 2 kids of her own...

My back up was Rachel McTavish, she was great to and her husband is a diabetes nurse. She was also my MIL midwife for her last baby (who is now 11) so lots of experience too!
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 10:59pm
Kim Porthouse from Otaki Midwifery, does any birth from home to palmy hospital and covers most of manawatu i believe...

only snag is she seems to always be running a lil late but then she will always spend extra time with you if she needs to/you need her to, our appointments are always over an hour
Me and two local cousins all love her tho

CHEM 6/12+
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 9:38am

PALMERSTON NORTH - Megan Holloway from Heretaunga Midwifery. I couldn't have wished for a better midwife, and bonus, she trained as a nurse before changing to midwifery so has a lot of great knowledge and experience.

I honestly believe that if it weren't for her my birth would have turned out a whole lot different

popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 3:48pm
PAPAKURA/PUKEKOHE: Danielle North

Can't recommend her highly enough, she was brilliant!
troutpout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutpout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 3:50pm
LOWER HUTT

Julie Thompson - she was just fabulous in every possible way. She'll discharge me next week and I'll miss her
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 4:43pm
WELLINGTON (northern - Jville to Karoriish areas)

Margaret Hadley, from Capital City Midwives. She is very onto it (very experienced, was a nurse before a MW) she can be quite blunt, but you know where you stand with her and she is more than capable. If I have my next baby here I will be looking at having her again.

+1 May 09 Angel
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 4:45pm
Wellington(Johnsonville to Pukerua Bay)

My midwife was through Birth Options and her name is: Victoria Panteleeva.

Awesome midwife!!! Can't recommend her enough!

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 5:44pm
Emma Margret was my first choice but told me she wasn't taking first timers
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 8:38pm
Hutt Valley / Whitbyish area - Christine Griffiths. I can't rave about her enough she was just awesome. Has been a MW / nurse for over 20 yrs knows what she is doing and doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do.
magoogoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magoogoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:29am
WELLINGTON: Michelle Vincent - based at Ngaio Medical centre, does Northern suburbs. She came highly recommended to us and so far (I'm 30 weeks and high risk) she has been FANTASTIC!

JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 3:47pm
Tauranga/Mount/Papamoa/Te Puke
Andrea Smith, brilliant supportive MW, long appointments, fully engaged in your care the whole time.
And Linda Steadman who delivered DS2, so brilliant, she does home antenatal visits and have had friends who highly recommend her.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 5:18pm
West Auckland

Angela Scott, Baby on the Way Midwives is AWESOME. Very thorough and just amazing while you are labouring. She does homebirth/home waterbirth as well aad her back-up Rochelle is just as amazing and lovely.

kymme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 8:56pm
Midwives Independent:
heidi copland
027 226 6655 / (09) 420 7931.

im in west auckland im not to sure how far she covers but do know she will be there if your delivering anywhere below :)

helensville birthing centre
waitakere hospital
northshore hospital

highly recommend her,shes been my midwife for both my last pregnancy and current,lovely lady couldnt ask for a better person to be in the care of during pregnancy and all:)

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:10pm
Ooooo

AUCKLAND - Waiuku/Pukekohe
Cathi Wintle

She is fantastic!! She saw me through both pregnancies and will see my through my next :)

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 9:08am
Christchurch - Halswell Village Midwives - Vicki De Grut.
She was just awesome! Was recommended to me by a friend who also loved her! I still miss her She was just so easy to get along with. I could txt her whenever I had a question and she was always quick to txt/ring me back. Will definitely be using her for #2!
Shally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 6:41pm
I have to recommend Bunny Cummings in West Auckland! =) I haven't had my baby yet but she's just been awesome the whole way through my pregnancy! Plus i've heard other mums talk about her and never anything bad!

Edited by Kelz

mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 10:16pm
Dunedin ladies - I would reccomend Jennie Crawshaw She is fantastic (or atleast i think so)

And if you want a student id reccomed Jane (littlebug from here) She is great too!
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 11:44pm
DUNEDIN - Heather LaDell and Adrienne Mulqueen. can't speak highly enough of them.

and i 2nd Jane (littlebug) as a student midwife. she is so lovely
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>