FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecommend your Midwife!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
cole88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 7:54pm
HAWKES BAY- teresa cornes best i coould have asked for wonderful!

Sponsored Links

pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 9:12pm
Rhondda Kerrins in Auckland, based in Grey Lynn. She delivered both my kids and i wouldnt of done it without her, she is AMAZING.

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 2:00pm
TAURANGA - Leigh O'neill from Bay Births in Bethlehem.
I've had her for both my pregnancies and she's fantastic. Really laid back, but incredibly switched on at the same time.
She's always made me feel comfortable and at ease with any "bumps" along the way.
Leigh was away when I delivered Hannah, so I had Pat Shanks, who I would rate incredibly highly, too.
In fact, ANY of the ladies at Bay Births. They're all like-minded and work really well together as a supportive team.

Edited by MamaPickle

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2010 at 7:36pm
Keep the recommendations coming. this is great!

mummymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2010 at 7:39pm
Thanks for starting this kabe.
I so would NOT recommend my MW. FX I'll need this info soon
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 7:26pm
Bump!

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 9:13pm
NELSON

Lynn Hilden, an independant midwife who works out of the motueka birthing unit. Fantastic lady, orginally from England. She only takes on 2 or 3 ladies a month so has lots of time to see you. Very cruisey- into natural birthing but will take on anyone. I will be ringing her when we decide to have another one.

http://www.nelsonmidwives.co.nz/midwife.php?id=14

Lizze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 9:40pm
CHRISTCHURCH - Jacqui Newell from Birth Choice

Anonymous55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 10:49am
****INVERCARGILL / SOUTHLAND****

Liz Whyte & Terryl McDowall (they work together)

They have maximum experience and both are just so lovely & trustworthy!!!
Great for homebirth, too!!

DaisyBoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 1:10pm
This is really helpful, thank you all, if there are any other recommendations for the Wellington/Tawa area then please post :)
DaisyBoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 1:24pm
Does anyone know Christine Griffiths cell no or pager? Or Rachel Mctavish's?
Nellsmc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellsmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 8:33am
Jen Hubbard from Aroha Midwifery - cover Morrinsville/Te Aroha/Paeroa (not sure of exact areas)

She is just fantastic!
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 7:23am
Originally posted by DaisyBoo2 DaisyBoo2 wrote:

Does anyone know Christine Griffiths cell no or pager? Or Rachel Mctavish's?

Christine is 0-21-037 8656
DaisyBoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 8:05am
Thank you
rachaels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 9:23am
WEST AUCKLAND - Gail Kiss from Henderson (can't remember the name of the practice). She delivers at Waitakere Hospital and home births.

She's got something like 12 years of obstetric emergency experience and she's very onto it from the medical perspective. I feel very safe in her hands. She's also caring, loves to exclaim over beautiful bumps and has a wicked sense of humour!

If anyone has a need to contact her give me a PM.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 11:52am
BUMP.. keep them coming!

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 5:27pm

I thought I would start a list so you can see who is in each area a bit easier... I hope thats ok Kabe??  Ive tried to put them in order of top to bottom (of NZ), I might not have got them in the right places though..

AUCKLAND

North Shore: Debbie Greenwood from Maternity Associates. She was wonderful, particularly with her post-natal care.

Papakura/Pukekohe: Danielle North, Can't recommend her highly enough, she was brilliant!

Waiuku/Pukekohe: Cathi Wintle, She is fantastic!! She saw me through both pregnancies and will see my through my next :)

Helena Humphries from Hibiscus coast Midwives - shes awesome - no bulls**t - had three babes of her own and is just a really nice chic
Is licensed for NSH and Waitak too

West Auckland: Angela Scott, Baby on the Way Midwives is AWESOME. Very thorough and just amazing while you are labouring. She does homebirth/home waterbirth as well aad her back-up Rochelle is just as amazing and lovely.

West Auckland: Midwives Independent - heidi copland 027 226 6655 / (09) 420 7931. Covers helensville birthing centre, waitakere hospital, northshore hospital. highly recommend her,shes been my midwife for both my last pregnancy and current,lovely lady couldnt ask for a better person to be in the care of during pregnancy and all:)

West Auckland: Bunny Cummings, I haven't had my baby yet but she's just been awesome the whole way through my pregnancy! Plus i've heard other mums talk about her and never anything bad!

West Auckland: Gail Kiss from Henderson (can't remember the name of the practice). She delivers at Waitakere Hospital and home births. She's got something like 12 years of obstetric emergency experience and she's very onto it from the medical perspective. I feel very safe in her hands. She's also caring, loves to exclaim over beautiful bumps and has a wicked sense of humour!

Grey Lynn: Rhondda Kerrins. She delivered both my kids and i wouldnt of done it without her, she is AMAZING.

TAURANGA

Bethlehem: Leigh O'neill from Bay Births. I've had her for both my pregnancies and she's fantastic. Really laid back, but incredibly switched on at the same time.
She's always made me feel comfortable and at ease with any "bumps" along the way. Leigh was away when I delivered Hannah, so I had Pat Shanks, who I would rate incredibly highly, too. In fact, ANY of the ladies at Bay Births. They're all like-minded and work really well together as a supportive team.

Tauranga/Mount/Papamoa/Te Puke: Andrea Smith, brilliant supportive MW, long appointments, fully engaged in your care the whole time.
And Linda Steadman who delivered DS2, so brilliant, she does home antenatal visits and have had friends who highly recommend her.

TE AROHA

Jen Hubbard from Aroha Midwifery - cover Morrinsville/Te Aroha/Paeroa (not sure of exact areas). She is just fantastic!

HAWKES BAY

teresa cornes best i coould have asked for wonderful!

MANAWATU

Otaki: Kim Porthouse from Otaki Midwifery, does any birth from home to palmy hospital and covers most of manawatu

Palmerston North: Megan Holloway from Heretaunga Midwifery. I couldn't have wished for a better midwife, and bonus, she trained as a nurse before changing to midwifery so has a lot of great knowledge and experience.

WELLINGTON

Northern Suburbs: Michelle Vincent from Ngaio medical centre. She is just fantastic! The whole time.

Michelle Vincent - based at Ngaio Medical centre, does Northern suburbs. She came highly recommended to us and so far (I'm 30 weeks and high risk) she has been FANTASTIC!

Northern Suburbs: Margaret Hadley, from Capital City Midwives. She is very onto it (very experienced, was a nurse before a MW) she can be quite blunt, but you know where you stand with her and she is more than capable.

Northern Suburbs (Johnsonville to Pukerua Bay): My midwife was through Birth Options and her name is: Victoria Panteleeva. Awesome midwife!!! Can't recommend her enough!

Hutt Valley/Whitbyish area: Christine Griffiths. I can't rave about her enough she was just awesome. Has been a MW / nurse for over 20 yrs knows what she is doing and doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do.

Lower Hutt:  Julie Thompson - she was just fabulous in every possible way.

NELSON

Lynn Hilden, an independant midwife who works out of the motueka birthing unit. Fantastic lady, orginally from England. She only takes on 2 or 3 ladies a month so has lots of time to see you. Very cruisey- into natural birthing but will take on anyone. I will be ringing her when we decide to have another one. http://www.nelsonmidwives.co.nz/midwife.php?id=14

CHRISTCHURCH

Halswell Village Midwives - Vicki De Grut. She was just awesome! Was recommended to me by a friend who also loved her! I still miss her. She was just so easy to get along with. I could txt her whenever I had a question and she was always quick to txt/ring me back. Will definitely be using her for #2!

Jacqui Newell from Birth Choice

DUNEDIN

Jennie Crawshaw,  She is fantastic (or atleast i think so).  And if you want a student id reccomed Jane (littlebug from here) She is great too!

Heather LaDell and Adrienne Mulqueen. can't speak highly enough of them.
And i 2nd Jane (littlebug) as a student midwife. she is so lovely

INVERCARGILL / SOUTHLAND

Liz Whyte & Terryl McDowall (they work together) They have maximum experience and both are just so lovely & trustworthy!!!  Great for homebirth, too!!

+1 May 09 Angel
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 7:13pm
TIMARU

Dianne Cox (independant)

This is my first and she's always fielding anxious phone calls from me, and last week i burst into her office to ask tearfully if she can use her heartbeat magic stick because im convinced somethings wrong and she did straight away without fuss and even ordered blood tests that im sure i didnt need but reassured me.

Shes lovely and friendly and spends lots of time on you and i think she's been practicing for over 20 years.
ChrisW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2010 at 12:33am
Tauranga

Another one for Leigh O'Neill at Bay Births - absolutely lovely, and you can see that she is well respected by the staff at Tauranga Hospital.
KatzWtgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatzWtgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2010 at 1:41pm
AUCKLAND:

The Tui Team (Megan / Cherry) at Birthcare Parnell. They were both absolutely fantastic, reassuring, great follow up, available for me at any time, funny, really good at relaxing me, but also taking questions/concerns seriously and not making me feel stupid.

[IMG]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/rGG7p13.png]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>