FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecommend your Midwife!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Brilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 11:44am
Has anyone used Catherine Overfield? Shes a howick midwife?

Sponsored Links

Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 5:04pm
TAUPO

Sonia Ransom is an amazing midwife. Perfect for me as a first time mum. Fabulous at the birth - the minute she walked into the room I knew everything was okay.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 7:27pm
Great idea putting them in order Emmi_! Here's the updated list:

AUCKLAND
North Shore: Debbie Greenwood from Maternity Associates. She was wonderful, particularly with her post-natal care.
Central:The Tui Team (Megan / Cherry) at Birthcare Parnell. They were both absolutely fantastic, reassuring, great follow up, available for me at any time, funny, really good at relaxing me, but also taking questions/concerns seriously and not making me feel stupid.
Papakura/Pukekohe: Danielle North, Can't recommend her highly enough, she was brilliant!
Waiuku/Pukekohe: Cathi Wintle, She is fantastic!! She saw me through both pregnancies and will see my through my next :)
Helena Humphries from Hibiscus coast Midwives - shes awesome - no bulls**t - had three babes of her own and is just a really nice chic. Is licensed for NSH and Waitak too
West Auckland: Angela Scott, Baby on the Way Midwives is AWESOME. Very thorough and just amazing while you are labouring. She does homebirth/home waterbirth as well aad her back-up Rochelle is just as amazing and lovely.
West Auckland: Midwives Independent - heidi copland 027 226 6655 (09) 420 7931 Covers helensville birthing centre, waitakere hospital, northshore hospital. highly recommend her,shes been my midwife for both my last pregnancy and current,lovely lady couldnt ask for a better person to be in the care of during pregnancy and all:)
West Auckland: Bunny Cummings, I haven't had my baby yet but she's just been awesome the whole way through my pregnancy! Plus i've heard other mums talk about her and never anything bad!
West Auckland: Bunny Cummings, I haven't had my baby yet but she's just been awesome the whole way through my pregnancy! Plus i've heard other mums talk about her and never anything bad!
West Auckland: Gail Kiss from Henderson (can't remember the name of the practice). She delivers at Waitakere Hospital and home births. She's got something like 12 years of obstetric emergency experience and she's very onto it from the medical perspective. I feel very safe in her hands. She's also caring, loves to exclaim over beautiful bumps and has a wicked sense of humour!
Grey Lynn: Rhondda Kerrins. She delivered both my kids and i wouldnt of done it without her, she is AMAZING.

TAURANGA
Bethlehem: Leigh O'neill from Bay Births. I've had her for both my pregnancies and she's fantastic. Really laid back, but incredibly switched on at the same time. She's always made me feel comfortable and at ease with any "bumps" along the way. Leigh was away when I delivered Hannah, so I had Pat Shanks, who I would rate incredibly highly, too. In fact, ANY of the ladies at Bay Births. They're all like-minded and work really well together as a supportive team.
Tauranga/Mount/Papamoa/Te Puke: Andrea Smith, brilliant supportive MW, long appointments, fully engaged in your care the whole time.
And Linda Steadman who delivered DS2, so brilliant, she does home antenatal visits and have had friends who highly recommend her.

TE AROHA : Jen Hubbard from Aroha Midwifery - cover Morrinsville/Te Aroha/Paeroa (not sure of exact areas). She is just fantastic!

TAUPO
Sonia Ransom is an amazing midwife. Perfect for me as a first time mum. Fabulous at the birth - the minute she walked into the room I knew everything was okay.

HAWKES BAY
teresa cornes best i could have asked for wonderful!

MANAWATU
Otaki: Kim Porthouse from Otaki Midwifery, does any birth from home to palmy hospital and covers most of manawatu
Palmerston North: Megan Holloway from Heretaunga Midwifery. I couldn't have wished for a better midwife, and bonus, she trained as a nurse before changing to midwifery so has a lot of great knowledge and experience.

WELLINGTON
Northern Suburbs: Michelle Vincent from Ngaio medical centre. She is just fantastic! The whole time.
Michelle Vincent - based at Ngaio Medical centre, does Northern suburbs. She came highly recommended to us and so far (I'm 30 weeks and high risk) she has been FANTASTIC!
Northern Suburbs: Margaret Hadley, from Capital City Midwives. She is very onto it (very experienced, was a nurse before a MW) she can be quite blunt, but you know where you stand with her and she is more than capable.
Northern Suburbs (Johnsonville to Pukerua Bay): My midwife was through Birth Options and her name is: Victoria Panteleeva. Awesome midwife!!! Can't recommend her enough!
Hutt Valley/Whitbyish area: Christine Griffiths. I can't rave about her enough she was just awesome. Has been a MW / nurse for over 20 yrs knows what she is doing and doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do.
Lower Hutt: Julie Thompson - she was just fabulous in every possible way.

NELSON
Lynn Hilden, an independant midwife who works out of the motueka birthing unit. Fantastic lady, orginally from England. She only takes on 2 or 3 ladies a month so has lots of time to see you. Very cruisey- into natural birthing but will take on anyone. I will be ringing her when we decide to have another one. http://www.nelsonmidwives.co.nz/midwife.php?id=14

CHRISTCHURCH
Halswell Village Midwives - Vicki De Grut. She was just awesome! Was recommended to me by a friend who also loved her! I still miss her. She was just so easy to get along with. I could txt her whenever I had a question and she was always quick to txt/ring me back. Will definitely be using her for #2!
Jacqui Newell from Birth Choice

TIMARU
Dianne Cox (independant) .This is my first and she's always fielding anxious phone calls from me, and last week i burst into her office to ask tearfully if she can use her heartbeat magic stick because im convinced somethings wrong and she did straight away without fuss and even ordered blood tests that im sure i didnt need but reassured me.
Shes lovely and friendly and spends lots of time on you and i think she's been practicing for over 20 years

DUNEDIN
Jennie Crawshaw, She is fantastic (or atleast i think so). And if you want a student id reccomed Jane (littlebug from here) She is great too!
Heather LaDell and Adrienne Mulqueen. can't speak highly enough of them.
And i 2nd Jane (littlebug) as a student midwife. she is so lovely

INVERCARGILL / SOUTHLAND
Liz Whyte & Terryl McDowall (they work together) They have maximum experience and both are just so lovely & trustworthy!!! Great for homebirth, too!!

Edited by kabe

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2010 at 4:59pm
J'VILLE/TAWA- another Michelle Vincent fan. Kind, supportive and extremely open to all sorts of ways of birthing. already 1 million times better than my first mw!  

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2010 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Brilee Brilee wrote:

Has anyone used Catherine Overfield? Shes a howick midwife?

hey , I used her :-) and shes on my midwife team this time too (they have a team of 4, Debbie Ritz, Helen Calpan , Catherine Overfield and Irene Moody )

I had her all the way through my last pregnancy , and she was good, I found her very nice, unfortunatly she wasn't at my son's birth (she was off for the weekend ) but a lady in my coffee group ended up with her during labour and she says she was very good ,calm , and reassuring etc

I have Debbie this time, mainly cos thats who I had wanted when I was pregnant with Ty , and Catherine is booked up :-)

Hope that helps !

jacobsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2010 at 7:39pm
INVERCARGILL

I had Louise Hammond for 2nd pregnancy (isabella)
She was a awesome midwife.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 7:23pm
Bump!

4thtymlucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4thtymlucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 7:53pm
Pukekohe based but can do other areas depending on distance: One of the best homebirth midwives out there: RUTH DAVISON. She encouraged me with my VBA2C and we had a planned HB and are now having another HB for this bubs. Partly named my son after her as a tribute to what she helped me to achieve
Bambino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 8:58pm
Hi everyone,

I have just decided to jump ship from my OB to use a midwife as my LMC ... BUT I am six months in and due in Jan! So, does can anyone recommend a midwife in east/central auckland?

Cheers all
Bx
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by escadachic escadachic wrote:

Wellington(Johnsonville to Pukerua Bay)

My midwife was through Birth Options and her name is: Victoria Panteleeva.

Awesome midwife!!! Can't recommend her enough!

I second this! Victoria delivered DD for me and is my midwife again for this baby

missynz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missynz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 4:43pm
id like to recommend my wonderful midwife,im in palmerston north and have kendra mackey as my midwife..shes wonderful and totally recommend her
ShanzD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShanzD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 6:01pm

GREAT LIST

Anymore for PAPAKURA/SOUTH AUCKLAND?

wouldn't recommend my last MW group either :(

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 1:08pm
**Bump** and updated list

AUCKLAND
North Shore: Debbie Greenwood from Maternity Associates. She was wonderful, particularly with her post-natal care.
Central:The Tui Team (Megan / Cherry) at Birthcare Parnell. They were both absolutely fantastic, reassuring, great follow up, available for me at any time, funny, really good at relaxing me, but also taking questions/concerns seriously and not making me feel stupid.
Papakura/Pukekohe: Danielle North, Can't recommend her highly enough, she was brilliant!
Waiuku/Pukekohe: Cathi Wintle, She is fantastic!! She saw me through both pregnancies and will see my through my next :)
Pukekohe: RUTH DAVISON. She encouraged me with my VBA2C and we had a planned HB and are now having another HB for this bubs. Partly named my son after her as a tribute to what she helped me to achieve
Helena Humphries from Hibiscus coast Midwives - shes awesome - no bulls**t - had three babes of her own and is just a really nice chic. Is licensed for NSH and Waitak too
West Auckland: Angela Scott, Baby on the Way Midwives is AWESOME. Very thorough and just amazing while you are labouring. She does homebirth/home waterbirth as well aad her back-up Rochelle is just as amazing and lovely.
West Auckland: Midwives Independent - heidi copland 027 226 6655 (09) 420 7931 Covers helensville birthing centre, waitakere hospital, northshore hospital. highly recommend her,shes been my midwife for both my last pregnancy and current,lovely lady couldnt ask for a better person to be in the care of during pregnancy and all:)
West Auckland: Gail Kiss from Henderson (can't remember the name of the practice). She delivers at Waitakere Hospital and home births. She's got something like 12 years of obstetric emergency experience and she's very onto it from the medical perspective. I feel very safe in her hands. She's also caring, loves to exclaim over beautiful bumps and has a wicked sense of humour!
Grey Lynn: Rhondda Kerrins. She delivered both my kids and i wouldnt of done it without her, she is AMAZING.
Howick: Catherine Overfield. I had her all the way through my last pregnancy , and she was good, I found her very nice, unfortunatly she wasn't at my son's birth (she was off for the weekend ) but a lady in my coffee group ended up with her during labour and she says she was very good ,calm , and reassuring etc

TAURANGA
Bethlehem: Leigh O'neill from Bay Births. I've had her for both my pregnancies and she's fantastic. Really laid back, but incredibly switched on at the same time. She's always made me feel comfortable and at ease with any "bumps" along the way. Leigh was away when I delivered Hannah, so I had Pat Shanks, who I would rate incredibly highly, too. In fact, ANY of the ladies at Bay Births. They're all like-minded and work really well together as a supportive team.
Tauranga/Mount/Papamoa/Te Puke: Andrea Smith, brilliant supportive MW, long appointments, fully engaged in your care the whole time.
And Linda Steadman who delivered DS2, so brilliant, she does home antenatal visits and have had friends who highly recommend her.

TE AROHA : Jen Hubbard from Aroha Midwifery - cover Morrinsville/Te Aroha/Paeroa (not sure of exact areas). She is just fantastic!

TAUPO

HAWKES BAY
teresa cornes best i could have asked for wonderful!

MANAWATU
Otaki: Kim Porthouse from Otaki Midwifery, does any birth from home to palmy hospital and covers most of manawatu
Palmerston North: Megan Holloway from Heretaunga Midwifery. I couldn't have wished for a better midwife, and bonus, she trained as a nurse before changing to midwifery so has a lot of great knowledge and experience.
Palmerston North: id like to recommend my wonderful midwife,im in palmerston north and have kendra mackey as my midwife..shes wonderful and totally recommend her
WELLINGTON
Northern Suburbs: Michelle Vincent from Ngaio medical centre. She is just fantastic! The whole time.
Michelle Vincent - based at Ngaio Medical centre, does Northern suburbs. She came highly recommended to us and so far (I'm 30 weeks and high risk) she has been FANTASTIC!
-another Michelle Vincent fan. Kind, supportive and extremely open to all sorts of ways of birthing. already 1 million times better than my first mw
Northern Suburbs: Margaret Hadley, from Capital City Midwives. She is very onto it (very experienced, was a nurse before a MW) she can be quite blunt, but you know where you stand with her and she is more than capable.
Northern Suburbs (Johnsonville to Pukerua Bay): My midwife was through Birth Options and her name is: Victoria Panteleeva. Awesome midwife!!! Can't recommend her enough!
-I second this! Victoria delivered DD for me and is my midwife again for this baby
Hutt Valley/Whitbyish area: Christine Griffiths. I can't rave about her enough she was just awesome. Has been a MW / nurse for over 20 yrs knows what she is doing and doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do.
Lower Hutt: Julie Thompson - she was just fabulous in every possible way.

NELSON
Lynn Hilden, an independant midwife who works out of the motueka birthing unit. Fantastic lady, orginally from England. She only takes on 2 or 3 ladies a month so has lots of time to see you. Very cruisey- into natural birthing but will take on anyone. I will be ringing her when we decide to have another one. http://www.nelsonmidwives.co.nz/midwife.php?id=14

CHRISTCHURCH
Halswell Village Midwives - Vicki De Grut. She was just awesome! Was recommended to me by a friend who also loved her! I still miss her. She was just so easy to get along with. I could txt her whenever I had a question and she was always quick to txt/ring me back. Will definitely be using her for #2!
Jacqui Newell from Birth Choice

TIMARU
Dianne Cox (independant) .This is my first and she's always fielding anxious phone calls from me, and last week i burst into her office to ask tearfully if she can use her heartbeat magic stick because im convinced somethings wrong and she did straight away without fuss and even ordered blood tests that im sure i didnt need but reassured me.
Shes lovely and friendly and spends lots of time on you and i think she's been practicing for over 20 years

DUNEDIN
Jennie Crawshaw, She is fantastic (or atleast i think so). And if you want a student id reccomed Jane (littlebug from here) She is great too!
Heather LaDell and Adrienne Mulqueen. can't speak highly enough of them.
And i 2nd Jane (littlebug) as a student midwife. she is so lovely

INVERCARGILL / SOUTHLAND
Liz Whyte & Terryl McDowall (they work together) They have maximum experience and both are just so lovely & trustworthy!!! Great for homebirth, too!!
Louise Hammond. I had Louise Hammond for 2nd pregnancy (isabella) She was a awesome midwife.
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 8:07pm
HAMILTON

Colleen van der Laan, works out of Waterford. She is fantastic!! A lactation consultant as well, and an experienced NICU nurse as well. She was my sister's MW as well, I couldn't recommend her highly enough!
littlepickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlepickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 2:05pm
Can anyone recommend a midwife in Wellington doing the Southern suburbs? My partner and I have just found out we were pregnant a few weeks ago and moved to Island Bay last week - I'm feeling a bit lost as to where to start looking!
karenb_chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenb_chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 3:38pm
I can highly recommend Wendy Walton of Midwifery Associates in Chch. Bubs isn't born yet, but the level of care I've received to date is fantastic - I can't rave about her enough.
Outdoorjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outdoorjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 9:19pm
Hi

New to the site and new to this preggie thing. This is a whole different world. My body is totally changed and I am only 7 weeks. Has anyone got any feeback on Mary Campbell as a midwife?
Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 9:10am
bump for Jayztar, i have got Margaret Hadley and going to see her today. First impressions on the phone is that she is very nice.
Bee2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bee2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 3:03pm
Waihi / Katikati

Belinda Beetham and Margaret Searancke are totally awesome.
Margaret was my MW and the Birth was a lot easier with her.

Angel Babe in our - 07/08
Luckymama23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckymama23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 4:31pm
Does anyone have any more recommendations on the North Shore please??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>