FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecommend your Midwife!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 3:36pm
HAMILTON

Colleen van der Laan was my mw for number 1 & 2 and I her! She delivered Ollie, however I had her back up mw (Shelley Sjaarda) for Lilia's birth. Colleen is great because I felt I could ask her anything and she never made me feel silly, or like I was wasting her time. She was relaxed and friendly but also acted promptly and confidently when required (I had a PPH due to fully retained placenta with Ollie).

I used Shelley Sjaarda with number 3 as Colleen was out of the country. Again an excellent midwife who I have no hesitation in recommending. As with Colleen she is friendly and approachable, happy to 'see how we go on the day' but as she is also a RN I felt confident that had anything happened she could make the right decisions for me & my baby (nothing did happen though!).

I'm glad that we probably won't be having anymore kids, because I'd hate to have to choose between them!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Sponsored Links

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 9:40pm
HAMILTON

Dawn McHugh - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

I don't live in Hamilton, but knew we were going to birth in Hamilton. We had so many issues with our local mw and so many complications. She would call me on my cell regularly to check up on me even though I wasn't under her car then and would go above and beyond.
After the birth she drove all over Hamilton on a public holiday to buy me nipple shields and a cream to save us the trouble of doing it after a long drive home.

She is completely focused on you and your needs. Will do what ever makes you feel comfortable and never make you feel bad for any decision you make.[

Edited by Kazper

Jamesma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 6:42pm
WAIKATO - Therese James. She literally saved my babies life too!! Argued black and blue with the Register at the hospital for me to have an emergancy C-Section after Meconium and 32 hrs labour....finally got her way. If baby hadnt come then, we would have been dealing with an oxygen deprived bubba. She will forever be our angel.
If you can get her (shes in high demand), you'd NEVER look back!! XX
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 7:28pm
Updated

AUCKLAND
North Shore: Debbie Greenwood from Maternity Associates. She was wonderful, particularly with her post-natal care.
NS: Delwyn Evans from mat assoc. Hasn’t delivered my baby yet, but came highly recommended. Nothing’s too much of a bother for her. Very friendly & relaxed.
Central:The Tui Team (Megan / Cherry) at Birthcare Parnell. They were both absolutely fantastic, reassuring, great follow up, available for me at any time, funny, really good at relaxing me, but also taking questions/concerns seriously and not making me feel stupid.
Papakura/Pukekohe: Danielle North, Can't recommend her highly enough, she was brilliant!
Waiuku/Pukekohe: Cathi Wintle, She is fantastic!! She saw me through both pregnancies and will see my through my next :)
Pukekohe: RUTH DAVISON. She encouraged me with my VBA2C and we had a planned HB and are now having another HB for this bubs. Partly named my son after her as a tribute to what she helped me to achieve
Helena Humphries from Hibiscus coast Midwives - shes awesome - no bulls**t - had three babes of her own and is just a really nice chic. Is licensed for NSH and Waitak too
West Auckland: Angela Scott, Baby on the Way Midwives is AWESOME. Very thorough and just amazing while you are labouring. She does homebirth/home waterbirth as well aad her back-up Rochelle is just as amazing and lovely.
West Auckland: Midwives Independent - heidi copland 027 226 6655 (09) 420 7931 Covers helensville birthing centre, waitakere hospital, northshore hospital. highly recommend her,shes been my midwife for both my last pregnancy and current,lovely lady couldnt ask for a better person to be in the care of during pregnancy and all:)
West Auckland: Bunny Cummings, I haven't had my baby yet but she's just been awesome the whole way through my pregnancy! Plus i've heard other mums talk about her and never anything bad!
West Auckland: Gail Kiss from Henderson (can't remember the name of the practice). She delivers at Waitakere Hospital and home births. She's got something like 12 years of obstetric emergency experience and she's very onto it from the medical perspective. I feel very safe in her hands. She's also caring, loves to exclaim over beautiful bumps and has a wicked sense of humour!
Grey Lynn: Rhondda Kerrins. She delivered both my kids and i wouldnt of done it without her, she is AMAZING.
Howick: Catherine Overfield. I had her all the way through my last pregnancy , and she was good, I found her very nice, unfortunatly she wasn't at my son's birth (she was off for the weekend ) but a lady in my coffee group ended up with her during labour and she says she was very good ,calm , and reassuring etc

WAIKATO
Hamilton: Colleen van der Laan, works out of Waterford. She is fantastic!! A lactation consultant as well, and an experienced NICU nurse as well. She was my sister's MW as well, I couldn't recommend her highly enough!
Hamilton: Colleen van der Laan was my mw for number 1 & 2 and I her! She delivered Ollie, however I had her back up mw (Shelley Sjaarda) for Lilia's birth. Colleen is great because I felt I could ask her anything and she never made me feel silly, or like I was wasting her time. She was relaxed and friendly but also acted promptly and confidently when required (I had a PPH due to fully retained placenta with Ollie).

I used Shelley Sjaarda with number 3 as Colleen was out of the country. Again an excellent midwife who I have no hesitation in recommending. As with Colleen she is friendly and approachable, happy to 'see how we go on the day' but as she is also a RN I felt confident that had anything happened she could make the right decisions for me & my baby (nothing did happen though!).
Dawn McHugh - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! I don't live in Hamilton, but knew we were going to birth in Hamilton. We had so many issues with our local mw and so many complications. She would call me on my cell regularly to check up on me even though I wasn't under her car then and would go above and beyond. After the birth she drove all over Hamilton on a public holiday to buy me nipple shields and a cream to save us the trouble of doing it after a long drive home. She is completely focused on you and your needs. Will do whatever makes you feel comfortable and never make you feel bad for any decision you make.
Therese James: She literally saved my babies life too!! Argued black and blue with the Register at the hospital for me to have an emergancy C-Section after Meconium and 32 hrs labour....finally got her way. If baby hadnt come then, we would have been dealing with an oxygen deprived bubba. She will forever be our angel. If you can get her (shes in high demand), you'd NEVER look back!! XX

TAURANGA
Bethlehem: Leigh O'neill from Bay Births. I've had her for both my pregnancies and she's fantastic. Really laid back, but incredibly switched on at the same time. She's always made me feel comfortable and at ease with any "bumps" along the way. Leigh was away when I delivered Hannah, so I had Pat Shanks, who I would rate incredibly highly, too. In fact, ANY of the ladies at Bay Births. They're all like-minded and work really well together as a supportive team.
Tauranga/Mount/Papamoa/Te Puke: Andrea Smith, brilliant supportive MW, long appointments, fully engaged in your care the whole time.
And Linda Steadman who delivered DS2, so brilliant, she does home antenatal visits and have had friends who highly recommend her.
Waihi / Katikati : Belinda Beetham and Margaret Searancke are totally awesome.
Margaret was my MW and the Birth was a lot easier with her.

TE AROHA : Jen Hubbard from Aroha Midwifery - cover Morrinsville/Te Aroha/Paeroa (not sure of exact areas). She is just fantastic!

TAUPO
Sonia Ransom is an amazing midwife. Perfect for me as a first time mum. Fabulous at the birth - the minute she walked into the room I knew everything was okay.

HAWKES BAY
Teresa Cornes best i could have asked for wonderful!

MANAWATU
Otaki: Kim Porthouse from Otaki Midwifery, does any birth from home to palmy hospital and covers most of manawatu
Palmerston North: Megan Holloway from Heretaunga Midwifery. I couldn't have wished for a better midwife, and bonus, she trained as a nurse before changing to midwifery so has a lot of great knowledge and experience.
Palmerston North: Kendra Mackey: I’d like to recommend my wonderful midwife kendra..shes wonderful and I totally recommend her

WELLINGTON
Northern Suburbs: Michelle Vincent from Ngaio medical centre. She is just fantastic! The whole time.
Michelle Vincent - based at Ngaio Medical centre, does Northern suburbs. She came highly recommended to us and so far (I'm 30 weeks and high risk) she has been FANTASTIC!
-another Michelle Vincent fan. Kind, supportive and extremely open to all sorts of ways of birthing. already 1 million times better than my first mw
Northern Suburbs: Margaret Hadley, from Capital City Midwives. She is very onto it (very experienced, was a nurse before a MW) she can be quite blunt, but you know where you stand with her and she is more than capable.
Northern Suburbs (Johnsonville to Pukerua Bay): My midwife was through Birth Options and her name is: Victoria Panteleeva. Awesome midwife!!! Can't recommend her enough!
-I second this! Victoria delivered DD for me and is my midwife again for this baby
Hutt Valley/Whitbyish area: Christine Griffiths. I can't rave about her enough she was just awesome. Has been a MW / nurse for over 20 yrs knows what she is doing and doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do.
Lower Hutt: Julie Thompson - she was just fabulous in every possible way.

NELSON
Lynn Hilden, an independant midwife who works out of the motueka birthing unit. Fantastic lady, orginally from England. She only takes on 2 or 3 ladies a month so has lots of time to see you. Very cruisey- into natural birthing but will take on anyone. I will be ringing her when we decide to have another one. http://www.nelsonmidwives.co.nz/midwife.php?id=14

CHRISTCHURCH
Halswell Village Midwives - Vicki De Grut. She was just awesome! Was recommended to me by a friend who also loved her! I still miss her. She was just so easy to get along with. I could txt her whenever I had a question and she was always quick to txt/ring me back. Will definitely be using her for #2!
Jacqui Newell from Birth Choice
Wendy Walton of Midwifery Associates . I can highly recommend Wendy. Bubs isn't born yet, but the level of care I've received to date is fantastic - I can't rave about her enough.

TIMARU
Dianne Cox (independant) .This is my first and she's always fielding anxious phone calls from me, and last week i burst into her office to ask tearfully if she can use her heartbeat magic stick because im convinced somethings wrong and she did straight away without fuss and even ordered blood tests that im sure i didnt need but reassured me.
Shes lovely and friendly and spends lots of time on you and i think she's been practicing for over 20 years

DUNEDIN
Jennie Crawshaw, She is fantastic (or at least i think so). And if you want a student id recommend Jane (littlebug from here) She is great too!
Heather LaDell and Adrienne Mulqueen. can't speak highly enough of them.
And i 2nd Jane (littlebug) as a student midwife. she is so lovely

INVERCARGILL / SOUTHLAND
Liz Whyte & Terryl McDowall (they work together) They have maximum experience and both are just so lovely & trustworthy!!! Great for homebirth, too!!
Louise Hammond. I had Louise Hammond for 2nd pregnancy (isabella) She was a awesome midwife.

Edited by kabe

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 10:35am
From now on, if you are recommending your midwife, please copy and paste the list below and add your midwife recommendation to the appropriate area. Thanks.

AUCKLAND
North Shore: Debbie Greenwood from Maternity Associates. She was wonderful, particularly with her post-natal care.
NS: Delwyn Evans from mat assoc. Hasn’t delivered my baby yet, but came highly recommended. Nothing’s too much of a bother for her. Very friendly & relaxed.
Central:The Tui Team (Megan / Cherry) at Birthcare Parnell. They were both absolutely fantastic, reassuring, great follow up, available for me at any time, funny, really good at relaxing me, but also taking questions/concerns seriously and not making me feel stupid.
Papakura/Pukekohe: Danielle North, Can't recommend her highly enough, she was brilliant!
Waiuku/Pukekohe: Cathi Wintle, She is fantastic!! She saw me through both pregnancies and will see my through my next :)
Pukekohe: RUTH DAVISON. She encouraged me with my VBA2C and we had a planned HB and are now having another HB for this bubs. Partly named my son after her as a tribute to what she helped me to achieve
Helena Humphries from Hibiscus coast Midwives - shes awesome - no bulls**t - had three babes of her own and is just a really nice chic. Is licensed for NSH and Waitak too
West Auckland: Angela Scott, Baby on the Way Midwives is AWESOME. Very thorough and just amazing while you are labouring. She does homebirth/home waterbirth as well aad her back-up Rochelle is just as amazing and lovely.
West Auckland: Midwives Independent - heidi copland 027 226 6655 (09) 420 7931 Covers helensville birthing centre, waitakere hospital, northshore hospital. highly recommend her,shes been my midwife for both my last pregnancy and current,lovely lady couldnt ask for a better person to be in the care of during pregnancy and all:)
West Auckland: Bunny Cummings, I haven't had my baby yet but she's just been awesome the whole way through my pregnancy! Plus i've heard other mums talk about her and never anything bad!
West Auckland: Gail Kiss from Henderson (can't remember the name of the practice). She delivers at Waitakere Hospital and home births. She's got something like 12 years of obstetric emergency experience and she's very onto it from the medical perspective. I feel very safe in her hands. She's also caring, loves to exclaim over beautiful bumps and has a wicked sense of humour!
Grey Lynn: Rhondda Kerrins. She delivered both my kids and i wouldnt of done it without her, she is AMAZING.
Howick: Catherine Overfield. I had her all the way through my last pregnancy , and she was good, I found her very nice, unfortunatly she wasn't at my son's birth (she was off for the weekend ) but a lady in my coffee group ended up with her during labour and she says she was very good ,calm , and reassuring etc

WAIKATO
Hamilton: Colleen van der Laan, works out of Waterford. She is fantastic!! A lactation consultant as well, and an experienced NICU nurse as well. She was my sister's MW as well, I couldn't recommend her highly enough!
Hamilton: Colleen van der Laan was my mw for number 1 & 2 and I her! She delivered Ollie, however I had her back up mw (Shelley Sjaarda) for Lilia's birth. Colleen is great because I felt I could ask her anything and she never made me feel silly, or like I was wasting her time. She was relaxed and friendly but also acted promptly and confidently when required (I had a PPH due to fully retained placenta with Ollie).

Dawn McHugh - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! I don't live in Hamilton, but knew we were going to birth in Hamilton. We had so many issues with our local mw and so many complications. She would call me on my cell regularly to check up on me even though I wasn't under her car then and would go above and beyond. After the birth she drove all over Hamilton on a public holiday to buy me nipple shields and a cream to save us the trouble of doing it after a long drive home. She is completely focused on you and your needs. Will do whatever makes you feel comfortable and never make you feel bad for any decision you make.
Therese James: She literally saved my babies life too!! Argued black and blue with the Register at the hospital for me to have an emergancy C-Section after Meconium and 32 hrs labour....finally got her way. If baby hadnt come then, we would have been dealing with an oxygen deprived bubba. She will forever be our angel. If you can get her (shes in high demand), you'd NEVER look back!! XX

TAURANGA
Bethlehem: Leigh O'neill from Bay Births. I've had her for both my pregnancies and she's fantastic. Really laid back, but incredibly switched on at the same time. She's always made me feel comfortable and at ease with any "bumps" along the way. Leigh was away when I delivered Hannah, so I had Pat Shanks, who I would rate incredibly highly, too. In fact, ANY of the ladies at Bay Births. They're all like-minded and work really well together as a supportive team.
Tauranga/Mount/Papamoa/Te Puke: Andrea Smith, brilliant supportive MW, long appointments, fully engaged in your care the whole time.
And Linda Steadman who delivered DS2, so brilliant, she does home antenatal visits and have had friends who highly recommend her.

TE AROHA : Jen Hubbard from Aroha Midwifery - cover Morrinsville/Te Aroha/Paeroa (not sure of exact areas). She is just fantastic!

TAUPO
Sonia Ransom is an amazing midwife. Perfect for me as a first time mum. Fabulous at the birth - the minute she walked into the room I knew everything was okay.

HAWKES BAY

MANAWATU
Otaki: Kim Porthouse from Otaki Midwifery, does any birth from home to palmy hospital and covers most of manawatu
Palmerston North: Megan Holloway from Heretaunga Midwifery. I couldn't have wished for a better midwife, and bonus, she trained as a nurse before changing to midwifery so has a lot of great knowledge and experience.
Palmerston North: Kendra Mackey: I’d like to recommend my wonderful midwife kendra..shes wonderful and I totally recommend her

WELLINGTON
Northern Suburbs: Michelle Vincent from Ngaio medical centre. She is just fantastic! The whole time.
Michelle Vincent - based at Ngaio Medical centre, does Northern suburbs. She came highly recommended to us and so far (I'm 30 weeks and high risk) she has been FANTASTIC!
-another Michelle Vincent fan. Kind, supportive and extremely open to all sorts of ways of birthing. already 1 million times better than my first mw
Northern Suburbs: Margaret Hadley, from Capital City Midwives. She is very onto it (very experienced, was a nurse before a MW) she can be quite blunt, but you know where you stand with her and she is more than capable.
Northern Suburbs (Johnsonville to Pukerua Bay): My midwife was through Birth Options and her name is: Victoria Panteleeva. Awesome midwife!!! Can't recommend her enough!
-I second this! Victoria delivered DD for me and is my midwife again for this baby
Hutt Valley/Whitbyish area: Christine Griffiths. I can't rave about her enough she was just awesome. Has been a MW / nurse for over 20 yrs knows what she is doing and doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do.

NELSON
Lynn Hilden, an independant midwife who works out of the motueka birthing unit. Fantastic lady, orginally from England. She only takes on 2 or 3 ladies a month so has lots of time to see you. Very cruisey- into natural birthing but will take on anyone. I will be ringing her when we decide to have another one. http://www.nelsonmidwives.co.nz/midwife.php?id=14

NORTH CANTERBURY
Valerie Melling - Great midwife, does home births and hospital births. Highly recommend. She went out of her way to make my pregnancy and birth the best it could be.

CHRISTCHURCH
Halswell Village Midwives - Vicki De Grut. She was just awesome! Was recommended to me by a friend who also loved her! I still miss her. She was just so easy to get along with. I could txt her whenever I had a question and she was always quick to txt/ring me back. Will definitely be using her for #2!
Wendy Walton of Midwifery Associates . I can highly recommend Wendy. Bubs isn't born yet, but the level of care I've received to date is fantastic - I can't rave about her enough.

TIMARU
Dianne Cox (independant) .This is my first and she's always fielding anxious phone calls from me, and last week i burst into her office to ask tearfully if she can use her heartbeat magic stick because im convinced somethings wrong and she did straight away without fuss and even ordered blood tests that im sure i didnt need but reassured me.
Shes lovely and friendly and spends lots of time on you and i think she's been practicing for over 20 years

DUNEDIN
Jennie Crawshaw, She is fantastic (or at least i think so). And if you want a student id recommend Jane (littlebug from here) She is great too!

INVERCARGILL / SOUTHLAND
Liz Whyte & Terryl McDowall (they work together) They have maximum experience and both are just so lovely & trustworthy!!! Great for homebirth, too!!
Louise Hammond. I had Louise Hammond for 2nd pregnancy (isabella) She was a awesome midwife.
[/QUOTE]
MelBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:17pm
Great topic!
Any Auckland central recommendations?

jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:35pm
MelBee I used Brigid Beehan based in Pt Chev with my DD. I had amazing post natal care from her and one of my friends is using her for her 2nd (on my recommendation) and is really happy with her care. She was great, she only works part time so takes less mums to be on so if you are keen get on to her quickly.
MelBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 9:25pm
Thanks for that Jano1...she would be really handy for me.

kji2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kji2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:34pm
Hi there,

Does anyone have contact details for Michelle Vincent (Wellington) and/or know what the best way is to get in touch with her?

I've tried via the Ngaio Medical Centre's online contact form but haven't heard anything back and am just worried that she's so popular that if I wait she may be all booked up!

Thanks
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:39pm
Give them a call (939 9393) and get her number from them.
GL!

+1 May 09 Angel
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:52pm

NORTH SHORE:

Cherie Davis from Close to Nature was my mw for my 1st pregnancy.  Unfortunately it was her rostered wkend off when I went into labour but she made it to theater 1 min after my Son was born.  Great mw, always there for you whenever needed and no answer is silly.  She's booked me in for this pregnancy

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
Inkedpixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkedpixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by girlygirl girlygirl wrote:

HAMILTON

Colleen van der Laan, works out of Waterford. She is fantastic!! A lactation consultant as well, and an experienced NICU nurse as well. She was my sister's MW as well, I couldn't recommend her highly enough!

Phew! a Hamilton recommendation hehe. Thanks :)
Oops! Shoulda checked the next page before writing this, there's a few Hamilton ones now! :D

Edited by Shay82
motherof4soon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motherof4soon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:19am
Margaret Hadley is a terrible midwife! I had her - worse birthing experience ever.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:46pm
If you are recommending your midwife, please copy and paste the list below and add your midwife recommendation to the appropriate area. Thanks.

AUCKLAND
NS: Delwyn Evans from Mat associates. Hasn’t delivered my baby yet, but came highly recommended. Nothing’s too much of a bother for her. Very friendly & relaxed.
NS:Cherie Davis from Close to Nature. Great mw, always there for you whenever needed and no question is silly. She's booked me in for this pregnancy.

Brigid Beehan based in Pt Chev. I had amazing post natal care from her and one of my friends is using her for her 2nd (on my recommendation) and is really happy with her care. She was great, she only works part time so takes less mums to be on so if you are keen get on to her quickly.

West Auckland: Angela Scott, Baby on the Way Midwives is AWESOME. Very thorough and just amazing while you are labouring. She does homebirth/home waterbirth as well and her back-up Rochelle is just as amazing and lovely.
West Auckland: Midwives Independent - Heidi Copland 027 226 6655 (09) 420 7931 Covers helensville birthing centre, waitakere hospital, northshore hospital. Highly recommend her,shes been my midwife for both my last pregnancy and current,lovely lady couldnt ask for a better person to be in the care of during pregnancy and all:)

East Auckland

WAIKATO

TAURANGA

TAUPO

HAWKES BAY

MANAWATU

WELLINGTON

NELSON

NORTH CANTERBURY
Valerie Melling - Great midwife, does home births and hospital births. Highly recommend. She went out of her way to make my pregnancy and birth the best it could be.

CHRISTCHURCH

TIMARU

DUNEDIN

INVERCARGILL / SOUTHLAND

motherof4soon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motherof4soon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:34am
Margaret Hadley is not a good midwife.   I had her with my 3rd child and ended up having an emergency c-section due to substandard labour management from her.
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:02pm
If you are recommending your midwife, please copy and paste the list below and add your midwife recommendation to the appropriate area. Thanks.

AUCKLAND
NS: Delwyn Evans from Mat associates. Hasn’t delivered my baby yet, but came highly recommended. Nothing’s too much of a bother for her. Very friendly & relaxed.
NS:Cherie Davis from Close to Nature. Great mw, always there for you whenever needed and no question is silly. She's booked me in for this pregnancy.

Brigid Beehan based in Pt Chev. I had amazing post natal care from her and one of my friends is using her for her 2nd (on my recommendation) and is really happy with her care. She was great, she only works part time so takes less mums to be on so if you are keen get on to her quickly.

West Auckland: Angela Scott, Baby on the Way Midwives is AWESOME. Very thorough and just amazing while you are labouring. She does homebirth/home waterbirth as well and her back-up Rochelle is just as amazing and lovely.
West Auckland: Midwives Independent - Heidi Copland 027 226 6655 (09) 420 7931 Covers helensville birthing centre, waitakere hospital, northshore hospital. Highly recommend her,shes been my midwife for both my last pregnancy and current,lovely lady couldnt ask for a better person to be in the care of during pregnancy and all:)

East Auckland

WAIKATO

TAURANGA

TAUPO

HAWKES BAY

MANAWATU
Palmerston North: Fiona McCrae: A fantastic midwife, I had a fantastic home birth through her I couldnt have had a better midwife.
Palmerston North: Za Vivan: The second midwife at my homebirth. She was wonderful.

WELLINGTON

NELSON

NORTH CANTERBURY

CHRISTCHURCH

TIMARU

DUNEDIN

INVERCARGILL / SOUTHLAND
jane1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jane1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:20pm
HI

Has anyone in Auckland used Paddy Hughes before??? Any comments? Trying to decide between midwife and Obstetrician.
jane1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jane1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:22pm
HI

Has anyone in Auckland used Paddy Hughes before??? Any comments? Trying to decide between midwife and Obstetrician.
jane1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jane1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:24pm
HI

jenjen92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:27pm
Hi!
Can anyone tell me what the address for Lesley Gummer's office in Lower Hutt?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>