FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 376>
Author
Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 8:14am
Morning girls

DH took a day off yesterday (had an argument with his boss!) and got to work disinfecting everything in sight (including bed linen, clothes and furniture!) and we've got the pest control guys coming this morning to steam clean the bed and carpets etc. No chemicals required - yay!! We had to sleep in our spare room (soon to be nursery) last night and DH said this morning our baby just spent its first night in its new room lol

Feeling a bit less hung over the last few days but now I've started leaking down there, it's like normal CM but watery (sorry TMI) and tends to come out when I least expect it, which is a fun new preggy symptom No colostrum for me but I'll keep an eye out for that in the next couple of weeks! Didn't realise it started so early - or is that only for ladies who've already had children?

Hope all of you who are battling lurgies feel better soon. I had a cough that just wouldn't go away and ended up having to get some cough medicine from the chemist. I suspected I was pregnant (which I was!) so made sure it was safe to take, and it worked almost overnight.

Have a great Thursday everyone
Sponsored Links

ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 8:45am
I agree nubba, time seems to be going faster now that I'm past twelve weeks. It seemed to take ages to get there, but the past week has just gone by so fast. I haven't even got around to telling all my close friends yet - but should have the last of them told by the end of this week and then I'm going to post a scan pic up on facebook (and post one on here perhaps finally).

That's great that you don't have to use chemicals Anja, and that they can come around so quickly. I haven't had any colustrum yet - figure it's one of those things to look forward to! lol

Oh, if people want to add me on facebook I'm Shannon Lynds (I don't think there are too many of us - the photo of me is with my hair being blown of my face, squinting into the sun wearing a blue top). Just make sure you make of note of your username on here. Would love an invite to this group everyone was talking about a few weeks back.

The last two nights I have managed to sleep right through until my alarm without waking up once! I'm hoping that this trend continues because I was waking up two or three times a night before that and it was driving me batty!

There was some discussion a few days ago about maternity bras - is there a danger in wearing underwire bras or is it just more for comfort? I've just been wearing my regular bras and as I'm pretty big chested they all have underwires.

Anyway, better get back to it. Hope those who have been feeling sick start feeling better, and everyone has a great day!
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 9:24am
Underwire bras put too much pressure around where the milk ducts are forming which can make BFing a little difficult. And colostrum leaking... I remember it happening around mid-20 weeks with Jae, but nothing yet.. I did think it would start sooner given theres much less of a gap between drying up and getting preg again (5.5 years between B and Jae as I only lasted a month with him, and 17 months between stopping with jae, and when this ones due) but I'm not too worried. I learnt all the tricks to boost milk supply (albeit a little too late) while attempting to BF Jae, so will be pulling them all out again as soon as this one is out, I'm not taking any chances! I came across a few do-gooders who reckoned there was no reason at all why a mother couldnt BF, it was simply a case of I didnt try hard enough (everyone in my June thread knows THATS a load of BS!) or find ways to work around it... it took the GP and plunket threatening to call CYFS on me if I didnt give her formula for me to finally admit defeat, she was only 3 months old, I managed to pump what I could for the following month, but after pumping all day and getting enough for one bottle over all those sessions... I just stopped. Was gutting because I tried with B as well, but we had to go half and half with formula by the time he was 3 weeks old, and I had no milk left by the time he was 6 weeks old, and I swore black and blue I was going to get it 'right' with Jae... so to have someone tell me I was wrong for saying I 'couldnt' BF... that really got up my nose!

arghhh sorry for the ramble! Once I get started on BFing its hard to stop lol!! For what its worth though, I would never look down on someone giving their baby a bottle, especially after all that I went through... you never know WHY that baby is being given a bottle, both of mine would have starved without it. In my books if you've tried, you've done your best by your baby... thats not to say I'll give it my all this time around lol... but I wont be quite as pig-headed about it either...

Ewww the weather up here is disgusting... and I have to go out at lunchtime to do a lunch job and get a friends birthday pressy... yucky!!! Its raning and blowing so hard our front porch and door are soaking wet, normally its sheltered by the garage wall, but not with the gale force winds today!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:20am
aww i feel sorry for you girls with coughs.. wonder when its my turn!

anyone else been having braxton hicks? i wanst sure that it was what i was having, this wierd tightening in my upper abdo just around the top of the bump usually when im active ish, but midwife says that seems like it was. Eek its a bit scary.. i hope its not that just yet, i want to say its my bowel but its a wierd feeling ive never had before!

i had this awful dream last ngiht that i could feel my babies hand and arm thorugh the skin on my tummy, and then all this movement started and it looked like snakes writing around under my skin!! i woke up and freaked out a bit..

so BK should i stop wearing underwires now? i only have one bra that fits and its a padded underwire, but i wondered if that was the reason why i was getting pain in my breasts over the last couple weeks..

and ive had another throw up free mornign hurah.. i still gag but its such a relief not to have to spend twenty min with my head in the loo every day!!

Just have to still contantly eat to not feel too sick :) speaking of food.. i should go eat something..

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:29am

26th Feb
Blake&Ellasmum+1 - #3 not sure finding out

1st March
FionaO #2 thinking boy! finding out

3rd
MrsFord - #1 thinking girl! finding out

7th
Sarahsparkle #1 finding out

9th
Clarebear400 #1

10th
NEN10 - #2 finding out
SArmy #2
Travelchick #2

12th
Babykatnz - #3 thinking boy! finding out but keeping it a surprise cabbage test girl
Marengo - #1 Finding out thinking boy! cabbage test boy
Brilee #1thinking boy! finding out

13th
bachi - #2 thinking boy! Undecided
JollyMaguire #2
zatonz - #3

15th
Babybean #1
bumblebee #1 - thinking boy! finding out
Jaymum2be #1 thinking girl! finding out cabbage test boy

16th
Bella24- #1 not sure will be a surprise!

18th
Bexta #1 thinking girl finding out

19th
Searz - #1 Finding out

20th
Nubba #1 thinking girl! finding out
Eve2010 #1
mirsty #1

21st
karenb_chch #1

22nd
Rubybaby #1 Not Sure will be a surprise!
nakimummy #3

24th
Mum2QTs - #3
Arielangel #1 Not sure finding out
Candybear #1finding out
Hoffnung09 #2
Kabe #2 Hoping boy! finding out

28th
Lil_Lease # 1 again Thinking Girl! Finding out

29th
Anja #1 Hoping girl! finding out

Unknown
Sarahd #1

Scan Dates:
Mum2QTs - 24th - NT scan
marengo - 27th NT scan
MrsFord - 14th Oct - anatomy scan

Appointment dates:
Candybear - 16th
mum2QTs - 21st
Marengo - 21st
Babykatnz - 22nd
Bexta - 23rd
B&E'smum - 27th
lil_lease - 28th - OB
Anja - 29th
MrsFord - 4th Oct
lil_lease - 5th

March 2011 Angels

Lisa85
Aprilfools
Monkeys
Cherub
LuRo
Spanky77

phew... that was 12 pages of catching up for our list!! Think I got all the appt and scan dates sorted though! I even added in our cabbage test results just so we can compare them to scan results if/when we find out
Brandon - 05/12/2003

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:30am
I think I started leaking colostrum somewhere around 18 weeks or so with my son but it's only been 5 and a half months since I gave birth to him so I've had a bit of leaking early on because my boobs were already partially primed. It's starting to settle down now and now it just comes and goes.

Anja, yay for not needing chemicals!

I'm thinking about finding some sort of cough syrup but last night I was half asleep lol and made up a honey and lemon syrup and it worked! For a little while anyway lol. Honey by itself worked too lol so I guess it was soothing my throat more than anything, because my throat is getting SO itchy and tickly.

ArielAngel, I couldnt find you on FB lol. Oh well.

I agree with the time seeming to fly. Last time it felt like time was crawling by, now it's going quite fast. I cant believe I'm pretty much 12 and a half weeks! I can still vividly remember 8 weeks ago taking that test and going OMG!!

I'm having a bed-day myself. I'm going to try kick this stinky cold to the kurb. I was up and down all night coughing so much it now feels like I was doing sit-ups all night Nothing really seemed to help. Taking my inhaler would only irritate my throat and make me cough, lemon honey syrup would stop working after about a minute or two, taking a drink of water didnt help either. Here's hoping that a day in bed is enough to make it go bye bye, otherwise I dont know if I'll be getting my surgery tomorrow

Lol, you guys are probably sick of me going on about my cough and my surgery now, I seem to do it every day whoops.

Shutting up now

*Zips Lips*
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Brilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:30am
Aerial I tried looking for you on facebook but couldnt find you, if you add me i will then invite you to the group ;-) Brianne Bignell

Hubby was away for work last night so I got Hells Pizza with anchovies got comfy on the couch and had a great night I watched all my programs and had the most amazing sleep I got a litle bit lonley when i was trying to fal asleep but that passed He can go away more often lol

I had bad growing pains yesterday down one side it was really uncomfortable its gone today but i seemed to have growen a little bit more

I hope everyone has a good day I am not impressed with the rain either BK!!!!!

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 11:20am
lillease every time i see your wee angel picture i feel so sad for you :( i think about it almost every day and you must be such a strong person!

and thats what this forum is about! to tell each other how we are feeling so rant away about feeling sick.. lord knows i have about my horrid ms!!

i kind if wish my boobs were leaking stuff so i knew they worked! is that wierd lol..

brilee i noticed that too when my partner was not at home.. had great sleeps! didnt have to contend with strange conversations and sleep aponea hehe..

BK the list will be showing "its a boy and its a girl" things soon! I was hoping that at least one of the march ladies would be having twins or something which would have been neat to follow!

LCMC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 11:44am
Morning Ladies

Are any of you girls on the North Shore interested in coming to aquanatal classes at the millenium institute? There on a tuesday morning at 9.30 and its $15 per class which includes a hot drink at a cafe down the road afterwards.
I was thinking of starting in the next month or so.
Heres the link to the information http://www.antenatalaqua.co.nz/

Let me know if any of you are keen. Also all you other girls in Auckland if you want to drive over to NS.

Marengo, Braxton hicks already! Thats early.
Hope your day in bed helps Lil_lease and that you are feeling better for your surgery tomorrow. Good Luck.

I hope everyone else has a nice day. I am off to work for an afternoon shift.
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 12:13pm
Lol wow, after I posted my last message I didnt check very well, I missed the 2 above it! Just read them now.

Marengo, I cant say I'm having BH yet but after DF and I BD lol I find it quite fascinating to keep a couple of fingers on my uterus to feel when it finally relaxes. Having BH once your fundus (top of the uterus) gets above your belly button is fun. Feels like a funny flexing sensation like when you tense a muscle, except it's not concious! Feels so weird lol.

Thanks for updating the list BK, I was just thinking about it a couple of minutes before I saw you had done it lol. Nice timing

Brilee, it's been so long since I had Hells pizza and now 2 people I know had it last night. Lucky sods lol.

Marengo, again lol. Just because you havent leaked colostrum yet, or even if you dont at all, it doesnt mean that your boobs will work or not. Some people (I lurk around here a lot lol) havent leaked any colostrum at all but they have had no problems BF their babies, so it's not a sure way.
I think my boobs are fine though lol, even though they're tiny. After I had my boy I was leaking milk for 3 weeks! I can remember one rather amusing time where I was sitting on a chair leaning forwards and felt something warm dripping on my leg, looked down and I was dripping milk right through my bra, and my shirt lol. Good thing I was at home at the time, would have been so embarrassing if I was out somewhere. I didnt even think to buy breast pads or anything like that so I would just cut up a regular pad and stick it to the inside of my bra lol. It worked, most of the time.

I think I learned how NOT to cope from my mum, who has trouble coping with anything. Sure, I have my bad days where I just want to crawl into a hole but I know that for every bad experience there's a good one lurking around the corner, that's why I have no regrets. Lol, I probably sound like one of those freakily optimistic people now. I'm mellow more than anything lol.

What I think I'm trying to say (I cant quite phrase is properly lol) is yes, it's been a tough few months but I've lived through it and I've learned from it. I worried people, like my family, when it seemed like I had put it all behind me (they kept saying to me "You know where the mental health services are if you need them" Thing was, I didnt feel like I needed them and them saying that to me just about sent me nutty lol) but I simply worked through it faster than they thought I should have. I still have my moments of sadness thinking about what might have been and what I lost, but I try not to dwell on the sad memories too much. I remember, I have a few moments of sadness, but then I remember something happy and awesome like how cool it was to feel a kick, or the time when I first heard his galloping horse of a heartbeat.
To me, the past is past, I remember it but I dont dwell on it and I dont wallow in it

Hope that doesnt sound like I'm picking at anyone

Whoa, long post. Better let my fingers rest a while lol.

ETA: Thanks JayMum, I hope my day in bed helps too. I think it may be, a little. I havent been coughing quite as much, though that could also be from the prednisone I took with my breakfast lol.

OH! I forgot to say DF brought me breakfast in bed this morning! First time he's done that in soooo long, though he woke me up to give it to me lol and I had only had about 5 hours of very broken sleep.

Ick, I think I have fluid in my right eardrum. It keeps crackling and hissing. Feels very very weird.

Edited by lil_lease

Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 2:08pm
Woah there's been some serious "talking" going on here this morning! Your fingers must be tired LL

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or tried CalmBirth or Hypnobirth? I like the sound of them but looks like they only have classes in Wgtn or Auckland but I assume you could buy a book or CD and learn the techniques yourself?

I would ask my MW but she might think I'm a bit out there, considering I haven't even met her yet
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 2:47pm
Lol Anja, my fingers are well exercised. About the only part of me that is

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 3:24pm
from what you said lillease i wonder if its not bh.. it feels funny.. and like a tight feeling.. and it goes away if i sit or lie down.. and i thought i would feel it in my uterus but it feels like the top of my bump sort of under my ribs.. i plead ignorance lol.. bodies are strange!

i remember when i miscarried i was really shut down and things for days.. what i went through is nothing compared to you, but the loss feeling is still with me.. the what ifs and those sorts of thoughts that creep in now and then.. but i learnt a lot about myself and my partner during that time and it was the (second) happiest weeks of my life so i guess you cant really think about the bad stuff the whole time.. it was such a fun time even though it didnt have the ending i had hoped..

but onward and upward to be positive for these babies that will be with us all soon.. hurrah!

i think since i had that dream that i couldnt feed my baby its been on my mind about bfding.. will have to wait and see.. and just hope for the best!!

ive been really keen to learn about hypnobirth.. probably wont go to classes but will definately try to buy some dvd's or soemthing if i can find some.. hehe dont worry about wht your mw thinks.. she should know al tht stuff and be able to point you in the right direction

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 5:04pm
I dont know, maybe sounds like things are being rearranged and that could be the sensation you're feeling, everything being pushed upwards a little.

Marengo, your loss IS comparable to mine because you too lost a child May not have been at the same age, stage or circumstances but it IS still comparable hun.

I take the good with the bad because how can you really know the difference if one is missing.

After I lost my boy I was quite numb. It was quite a shock, found out it could happen on the Monday, was in hospital on Thursday and on the Friday we lost him.
I think that Sunday (maybe, memory a little sketchy) I went to dinner at my dads house. Had roast duck for the first time. Tasted like cardboard.
I think for about a week I spent so much time lying in bed crying and hugging my cat or my teddy bear. Nearly every night I would sob to DF "I want my baby back"

After about a week or so of that I started coming back to myself. I wasnt sad quite as often or crying quite as often. I worked through my feelings and moved on, but I didnt bury my emotions or deny myself the right to greive, I just did it quicker than everyone expected

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 5:21pm
Oh and after a week I wasnt all happy and smiles and completely back to myself. I think it took me a month to get to the point where I could actually sit down and remember everything without turning into a blubbering mess.

Now I can read over my story and feel the tears welling, but it doesnt hurt so much.

I have a photo album that has pictures of him in it (I also have them on the computer and my FB lol) so sometimes I will just sit and remember. He was so tiny. (If anyone wants to see pictures just ask )

MrsFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 5:32pm
I have had a look on facebook LL and he was beautiful. I saw him and didn't really know what to expect given how prem he was but he just looks like a beautiful little boy and totally surrounded with love in your photos. DH wouldn't look, too hard for him but I actually found it really beautiful. I admire you for talking so openly about your son and sharing pictures of him. What a special wee soul.

I hope you are feeling better this evening and they can go ahead with your op tomorrow. Will be thinking of you x

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 5:45pm
MrsFord I'd rather be open about it and share the pictures than have people wondering for whatever reason. I dont throw the pictures out there for everyone to see because not everyone would want to but if people want to see them then I am happy to share.
I cant forget that it happened, that he happened, and brush it all under the carpet because it was and is such a huge thing for me.

I am feeling much better this evening, my cough is drying up more and more so there's a lot less likelihood of a chest infection now which hopefully means they're fine with doing the surgery. Lol, DF's not going to be enjoying the "dry spell" afterwards since BDing will be off the menu for a while. Poor poor him *snigger*

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 6:23pm
Lurker

BK, I was browsing through the June forum and I found your 12 week scan of Jae, so I copied it , look at it! total girl nub !

link

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 6:24pm
damn, link didn't work, but its on page 67 in the June thread I think ....

MrsFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 6:58pm
Jaymum2b I would be keen to come with you. Sounds like good fun!

Stupid cold, I feel like sh*t and have my MIL telling me that Im not looking after DH well enough... Grr maybe Im a bit grumpy too lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 376>