FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 376>
Author
LCMC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 8:57pm
Lil_lease, you are very brave. Life throws us all some hard knocks sometimes doesn't it. But I think that all these horrible experiences only make us stronger. I miscarried at 11 weeks last Nov and like you LL and Marengo, I completey shut down for a few weeks, but gradually started to see the light through the trees again.

At work today, we had a woman in who was having a medical TOP for twins with Down syndrome. She already has a 2 year old with Downs and so her and her husband made a decision to terminate these little souls. They were 18 weeks. I completely respect this families decision, but its sad all the same. I did find it harder today knowing that my little baby is not much smaller than those two little precious babies were.
Although pregnancy is for the most part an enjoyable and exciting time, its also one of great uncertainty and occasionally, sadly a time of great sadness. My heart goes out to anyone that has experienced any form of loss.

Mrs Ford, thats great that you will join me. When would you like to go? Add me on Facebook so that we can organise. Jaime Ingles. You did once give me your name to add you but its a few pages back now, id be searching forever.

Lil_lease, all the best for your cerclage tomorrow. Ill be thinking of you.
Sponsored Links

MrsFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 9:11pm
Oh that is so sad, that poor family. Don't blame them in the slightest, they made the best decision for them, their twins and their 2 year old but what an awful thing to go through.

Just added you as a friend.

Im going to hit the sack, so tired. Hopefully will wake up tomorrow feeling back to normal. I am so hanging out to walk the dog. Poor pooch hasn't been for a walk with me since I found out I was pregnant and I am missing our 'us' time as well as seriously needing the exercise!

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 10:20pm
Oh I feel for that family. I definately dont blame them, as long as they made the best decision for them.

Thanks Jaymum2be, I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get home. OB said she doesnt think I'll be staying overnight and I live 2 min from the hospital anyway.

Well I'm going to finish my lemon honey drink and head to bed, have to be up at 6:30 in the morning so I can have a shower and everything and be at the hospital before 7:30

Not liking my chances of having the procedure done tomorrow. I've started getting a sore throat though I dont know if it's caused by all the coughing I've been doing this afternoon or something else. Hoping it's just the coughing and that it feels better by mroning, or the docs can find some other way to make me numb down there. Hell, I have a pretty damn high pain tolerance lol, they could quite possibly do it without numbing it. Cant be worse than a tattoo can it?
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 11:37pm
LOL Kelly!! I did the same thing, looked back on Jaes 12 week pics, and now I'm even more brassed off for delaying a week to get 'better' pics... I got good enough pics to get the nub shot then, but not now... typical! I wont be making that mistake again this time lol, I plan on going around 18.5 weeks... it worked with Jae, I'm sure it will work again this time!

Wow, thats got to be one of the hardest decisions a mother ever has to make... but they know what its like to have a Downs baby, and I imagine they know how much harder it would be with 3. I know a few people who had to make that same heartbreaking decision (terminate a baby later on for medical reasons) and it never gets easier to see/read of...

k... eyes are on stalks.. must. sleep.

good luck tomorrow lil_lease!!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 7:20am
Ick, throat is even worse now! Was awake most of the night coughing so feeling pretty damn knackered as well as sore throat and lovely well exercised abs Here's hoping that they can actually DO the procedure and not just send me home and say come back when you're not coughing anymore.

I'll let ya know

Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 8:02am
GL LL let us know how you get on

for those who have angel babies, having wanted our wee bean for so long I couldn't imagine losing it or having to terminate it. Just reminds me how many people are walking around out there with broken hearts but putting a brave face on it.

I'm putting a brave face on myself, totally stressed as DH has found more bites today even after we've had the house cleaned. Going to ring the public health bods to see what we do from here, as we have no idea where we got the bugs from - if it is my work then that has huge implications for the refugee families we donate furniture to!! Got so much on even tho it's my day off, I just don't need all the stress right now.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my whingeing! Going to take a deep breath and just get through the day. Hope everyone has a good one
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 8:31am
Well I'm home again. Ho hum.

Good news is bubs has a lovely heartbeat. Sounds just like a little galloping horse

Other news is I have until next Friday to get better again, although they could quite possibly put it off for a few more weeks if they had to. I certainly dont want them to. I want it done NOW! *Stamps foot*

Ok, tanty over

Anyway, I'm off to make some breakfast.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 8:56am
glad bubs is still happily tucked away in there lil_lease, and boo but yay for giving you a weeks reprieve on the cerclage, FX'd you get rid of this nasty cough so you dont have to worry about any after-effects from it!

Its my bestest buddies birthday today (the big 3-0!) and my anniversary with DP, been together 5 years, and have 1 wee girl, and another baby on the way... hows that for an internet dating success story Going out for dinner tonight, luckily it doesnt take much to fill me, so a starter and a drink should be plenty.... just as well cos my budget doesnt really allow for a full dinner for both of us, and the only thing P eats there is the schnitxel which is over $20
Brandon - 05/12/2003

ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 9:03am
Oh LL , your story made me teary. A friend of mine lost her son at around 32 weeks and whenever I think of her son it makes me sad, and so scared because life is just so tenuous.

Jaymum2be - I just feel for that family, what a hard decision to have to make.

Bummer LL that you can't have your surgery today, but just rest up and have lots of fluids and hopefully you'll be heaps better next week!
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 9:42am
I am quite glad bubs is nice and safe and sound Was a little worried there for a minute when the lady with the doppler was moving it around a little and we couldnt hear much then Bam! Galloping horse lol.

I'd hate to have one of my coughing fits and pop a stitch THAT wouldnt be any good! So a week to get myself all happy and healthy again, and I'm going to drink drink drink and eat everything I can think of to help me get better. First thing I did (after updating you lovely ladies ) was make myself a lemon and honey drink and some toast lol.

Well BK, I think yo and your man are a pretty damn good Internet Dating success story

DF and I have a little Italian restaurant we go to sometimes thats a bit more than an hour north of here. It's such a lovely little place and a couple of starters can feed us quite well. Havent been there in such a long time though, never have the money lol.

*Yawn* Well I'm going to dose myself up to the eyeballs on some panadol and lots of water and then fall back into bed. 3 hours of sleep, rather broken sleep at that, is not good for someone like me I shall probably emerge this afternoon

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 10:18am
i remember saying the same t hing to my partner after i miscarried.. funny how grief about these things can affect you.. was a completely different sort of grief to anything i had ever experienced before..

last night i caught a bit of the show on 2020 where the lady had a large family but had had five miscarriages.. all her losses were around 16-18 ish weeks.. it invoked some panic into me and so i had further bad dreams!! but today i feel baby squiggle a little and it puts me at ease a bit.. still is an anxious time, cant really completely relax.

that poor couple with the downs twins.. what heartbreak and an awful decision to have to make..

thats a shame you cant have your procedure lillease, but at least you got another hear of baby!! hopefully next friday you will be feeling fresh as a daisy after all your lemon drinks and get the green light.

BK wohoo for internet dating! me and partner met off there too.. trade me of all places though not one of the dating type sites.. funny how things happen..

mm i LOOOVE italian food.. making me hungry ..

Anja could it be fleas that are somehow in your house? i have found the last year terrible for fleas and we dose our pets properly, its just they come in from outside and from anywhere the little buggers.. i get bites at work and then must take them home with me also.. grr!

Mrsford my dog also is misisng her playtime with me.. i used to take her wtih me to see my horses and potter about the farm.. hasnt happened for a while cause i just cant hold her anymore!

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
MrsFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 12:58pm
I met Mr Ford on find someone. We have been together 4 years and obviously married with a baby on the way. I had just gotten out of a 5 year relationship and he had never really had a serious relationship before. We moved in together after 6 months and got a dog (our first baby together) after a year, it's all gone from there. I love him to bits, he's my best friend and an amazing husband. Just goes to show it doesn't matter how you meet if it's right, it's right.

Anja sorry to hear you're still getting bites, I would be really upset too. Could be so many reasons for it though.

Decided to go out on the road with DH today and between jobs we have taken our pup to the beach so he is happy as can be. You should have heard the performance as soon as he saw the water! He loves the beach, it's hillarious!

mum2QTs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2QTs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 1:14pm
Hay Guys,
lil lease Sorry you weren't able to get your procedure done today, but yay for bubas strong heart beat
I have been taken honey, 2-3 teaspoons a day and it has really healped my cough, that and eatting lemons, some are a bit sour, but rather that than have this cough, at least now i can cough with out vomiting, yay Weight myself today and i've lost just over 1kg in the last week.

And stink about the bites still Anja, hope it all gets sorted soon

Oh i feel so sorry for the families with the twins, would of been such a tough and heart wrenching decision, but like the others say, they knew what they would be in for, with a 2yr DS,

And i'm with you BK on the whole Bfeeding and Bottle, i couldn't feed our 1st and tried everything, including a lactation consultation and my plunket nurse was horrid, and so un helpful re formula, i tried everything to feed i had the flow and supply, but it was to do with the shape of my daughters mouth, so i expressed for 3months, and then went to full formula, but have been lucky with our 2nd, i'm still feeding, which is why my boobs haven't changed much since being pregnant

Hop e everyone is well and those with coughs and colds are getting better soon

Yay MW next Tue, should get to hear heart beat
Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 3:18pm
aww i love romantic happy love stories! mine is similar but obviously no marriage on the cards for me!

for the last few mins ive felt baby moving, so cool.. i love the feeling its just how i imagined except better, i like how as time goes by its more definate.

makes me feel all gooey inside..

my dad called me a walking parasite host the other day lol.. in jest of course..

BK surely your plum will turn to some other form of fruit tomorrow!! it must be tomorrow!

mum2qts i hope your not going to lose too much weight :( glad to hear your getting a wee bit better.. hard to deal with sicknesses when pregnant.. normally i take garlic pills if i feel anything coming on so never get sick.. dont know what i will do if i get sick now!! have been having lemon and honey just incase lol.. my mw is next tues also.. i'm really excited to hear baby too!

the pet expo is tomorrow hooray!! anyone else going??

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 3:20pm
That's such a lovely story MrsFord.

I really hope I don't have trouble breastfeeding - but I guess there is only so much you can do and we are lucky that we do have alternatives.

Had my second midwife appointment today - even got to listen to the baby's heartbeat which was so reassuring. I'm hoping the next four weeks go by quickly so I can get to hear it again.

I also asked midwife about underwire bras and she said that it was important not to be wearing them when your milk comes in, but right up to going into labour she said it was absolutely fine. Later on I might not want to wear them for comfort reasons anyway, but nice to know I'm not doing some sort of terrible damage by wearing them now.
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 3:50pm
Marengo, my nana has 8 siblings and she wanted a family just as big. She got pregnant 9 times but only had 2 children. She lost all of the others at about 13 weeks. Made me wonder a little if there could be a genetic component to the Incompetent Cervix, or whether my nana was just really unlucky with the baby making stakes.

I love Italian food too. I make spag bol, lasagne and spag and meatballs on a regular basis. DF loves it too It's just so much nicer when someone else cooks and does the washing up afterwards.

Mum2QTs, I've been licking honey off a spoon and I made up a lemon and honey syrup the other day. Both of those work for a very short amount of time but I really do get sick of the taste of lemon and honey after a while lol.

Anja, hope you get whatever is causing the bites sorted out. We end up with fleas hanging around on a regular basis, even though I do keep my cat treated. We seem to live in a pretty heavily populated part of town for fleas and once they get inside and into the carpet they're a right sod to get rid of. Hoping to get a couple of flea bombs and bomb the whole house next week, I get rather sick of my ankles being attacked, and it's even worse when they make it into the bed!!

I'd much rather breast feed if it's possible for me but I know that sometimes it just doesn't work that way. I'm going to give it my best shot and hope like hell, but at least I know there's an alternative if Bfeeding doesnt work out My mum managed to Bfeed me for 13 months even though she had rather inverted nipples

The story of how DF and I got together isnt exactly a romantic one lol. 3 years and 3 months together and still going strong

Lol, DF sometimes makes jokes about me giving birth like in the movie Alien.

I'm actually rather pleased with myself, I havent been trying to lose weight (even though I have plenty of it) but over the last month and a half I've gone down by 2kg. I'm happy I'm not gaining yet because I'd rather not gain a huge amount and I'm hoping to only gain baby and maybe a little boob

I'm hoping that next week they will check on baby's heartbead again so I can get all mushy over it again lol. I get such a soppy grin on my face every time I hear it

karenb_chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenb_chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 4:04pm
Mmmm, italian food and internet dating....

I also met DH on the internet (find someone), three and a half years ago, married at Easter this year and now (of course) expecting our first. I also have heaps of friends who met their significant others that way.

And I also LOVE italian food. I make the best lasagne ever, and make my own pasta, and... boy do I love food (this is why I could stand to lose some weight )

Is it only me, or are other people starting to feel ravenously hungry. I was ok until a couple of weeks ago, and now I find that I am hungry pretty much from 11am on. After I have some food the hunger pangs go away for an hour or so, and then I'm hungry again! At this rate, I'm going to look like a ginormous beach ball by the time I give birth!
karenb_chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenb_chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 4:09pm
By the way, did anyone else catch the news about Jamie Oliver's kids? Or rather the names they have chosen...? Now, I'm not one to critise unduly, but really:

Poppy Honey Rosie (ok, not too bad)
Daisy Boo Pamela (she's going to be happy at 21!)
Petal Blossom Rainbow (come on now, really?)
Buddy Bear

I would sure hate to be those kids - can you imagine being 16 with a name like Petal Blossom Rainbow?
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 4:13pm
Lol Karen, last time I actually MADE pasta was at highschool. I've been wanting to since then but just never get around to it

I love food too, especially well bade yummy home cooked food mmmmmm.

I dont get hugely hungry during the day. I snack and nibble more than anything. Sometimes I find it hard just to eat my dinner because I'm just not hungry for it. I try to eat a decent amount of fruit and veges though. I love carrots nom nom nom.

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 4:15pm
Oh how I so feel sorry for those children. I think I'd change my name if I was named any of those. Primary and intermediate school teasing can be bad enough without giving the bullies ammunition like THAT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 376>