FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 376>
Author
RubyBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RubyBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 4:55pm
Oh so much to catch up on! I started to write something last night, but then remembered that I had to make carrot cake, so did that instead. And the carrot cake went down a treat!
Seems like the internet is the place to meet those boys huh? DH and I met on Find Someone. I was sick of all my friends being married, and hoped to meet some new people, rather than actually finding 'the' man! DH and I emailed off and on for 6 months before we met, and he says when this gorgeous blonde in a red coat walked into the cafe we were meeting at, he said Lord I hope thats her. 6 months later we were engaged, and married 11 months after that!! I think internet dating is great, you can actually spend time getting to know someone, without having to worry about the pressures of physical attraction. I know with other guys that I met after a few days or weeks, didn't see them again.
Lol and now we say its amazing what you can get on trade me (findsomeone is a trademe website).
Hope you get those bugs sorted Anja. We have problems with fleas at work, so they always bomb the place at Christmas time. At the moment we are having massive problems with little fruit flies. Its funny when you here someone clapping, and then realise they are just trying to kill something that is flying in front of their face!
I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a baby. My mum had 2 miscarriages both at 11.5 weeks, so around that time I was a little worried. I mean even at that early stage, its not just like a heavy period, Mum said she actually had to go to hospital and 'give birth'.
My sister had problems with BFing her first. He just wasn't interested. She'd try to force him cos everyone was saying 'breast is best', but he would just scream and wouldn't latch on, so she gave up after a few weeks of trying to express and bottle feed. Her second latched on straight away and she is still going strong 6 months later. I really hope that I am able to breastfeed... i guess only time will tell.
LL I hope you are feeling better soon, and your cough goes away. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions, other than getting some boiled lollies and sucking those (I'm not quite sure what the deal is with strepsils etc when you are pregnant), but I'm sure its more about creating more saliva when you are sucking on the lozenge.
Ok I am keen to join the facebook page too - just didn't want to until we had gone public - you never know who might find out cos they are on there. I am too common to find - Jennifer Stone features on disney challenge, so google etc are all about her. Can someone who is on the OB page give me their name and I can go that way?? Ta
Ok so the cravings have started... I want tomato, with everything. I've started having cream cheese and tomato on toast for lunch - mmm thats good.
I'm with you on the ravenously hungry Karen. I start cooking dinner, and I am fine, but when I am almost done, all of sudden it hits me and I want dinner NOW! I think its cos I am not grazing so much as what I was to begin with. And yes those names are crazy. Our cat is called Daisy, thats what I think of that name. Buddy is a common american name, but seriously Bear??? I do wonder how much he'll get teased for that one!
Well as this is now a massive post, I will stop...
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/c6rDp13.png][/URL]

[URL=http://lilyslim.com][IMG]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/xr3Sp12.png][/URL]
Sponsored Links

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 5:04pm
Lol, I suggested Desdemona as a name for a girl to DF and he didnt look too impressed

I should probably stop looking up new names and just start whittling down the lists I currently have. I have like 54 girls names and 20 something boys names
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 7:05pm
hey all, haven't had chance to read back yet.

Hope everyone is doing ok

as for names, I am keen for suggestions, for a girl i'm sorted for a boy i am more than stuck.

not much happening here, finally starting to feel well again which is such a relief, trying to decide what to eat for dinner, my appetite still not right, I can never decide what i want to eat these days.

][/URL]

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 9:20pm
I go and get something to eat thinking I am starving... but my stomach is much smaller than my eyes and I barely eat half of what I make (mind you, Jae scoffs it before I get a chance to eat it all anyways!)

I was on NZDating lol

Ruby, my email for FB is my username here at yahoo.co.nz if you put that in the email search it should come up with me, my profile is a pic of 2 cats in 'jail' hehe. I'm a huge lolcats fan

We have 2 first names and a middle name sorted for a girl (will probably pick between the 2 names once its confirmed girl or not) and a full name sorted for a boy, but since we arent teling family, and most friends, I wont be announcing on here til bubs is born, but our FB group is set to private (noone except members can see anything on it, they cant even see you are a member, you can only find the group by invitation) so I will be able to reveal gender there

Just went out for dinner for my mates birthday and had the yummiest mushroom fettucine... I think I have figured out what this kid likes!! Mushrooms lol! And yeah... surely it will change to another fruit tomorrow!?! Will have to come on here first thing in the AM to see if its changed, and what to!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 7:09am
Hehe once again you ladies have been having a good ol natter And I miss out coz I'm in bed snoring by 8:30pm!! So tired still...

But feeling slightly less hung over these days and yep I reckon the hunger pangs are coming back, yay! And no more new bites for either of us after I washed all the sheets on our spare bed and ironed it and my PJs (yes, I ironed the mattress, the steam is supposed to kill the little buggers) so hopefully we've got rid of them. Definitely not fleas but the bites are just as bad!

Some lovely "how did you meet DH" stories! DH and me are from the same small town (friendly Feilding!) and went to intermediate and high school together. We "went around together" for three days at the science fair in Form 2 (kissing dares with a group of us under the tables!) then met up again in my first year of uni and have been together ever since. 18 years (3 married) in December this year! He's like my right arm, he's part of me and I couldn't imagine being without him. We still miss each other when we have to be apart for more than a day

So right now I'm waiting impatiently for my bump to get bigger - still nothing that anyone can see! Prob won't pop out for at least another month

Hope you all have a great weekend and take care out there - the storm hasn't finished with us yet!
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 9:59am
Hmm... baby is still a plum??? Didnt think plums grew that big lol!

Oh and I remembered another trick last night, for those that think they might be feeling BH contractions, when you get that feeling, go lie down on your back and press on your tummy, if you can feel a very hard round almost like a ball shape in there, then its probably a BH, if its firm, but not hard hard, then prob just things stretching and moving about
Brandon - 05/12/2003

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 10:55am
I had my first craving last night same craving as last pregnancy lol and it's hit about the same time too. Battered fish from the fish and chip shop mmmm, tasted so gooood.

I hate fish BTW lol, must mean I'm lacking something in my diet that the fish can make up for

Lol, BK, that is one mighty big plum.

Well I went to bed rather early last night and got 5 hours straight of sleep. Pity that meant I woke at 3 though lol. I was awake for about 3 hours then went back to sleep again.

I'm adddicted to the shower at the moment. It's the only place I can breathe and if I do start coughing then it's usually more productive than if I'm not in the shower. I think I'm going to have super abs by the time this cough goes away lol.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 11:55am
Well.. according to another baby development site, baby is about the length of a kit kat finger (the ones you break into 4 bars, not those big chunky ones!!) That makes for a huge plum!!

If anyone wants to have a nosy...

3D baby development

We all had an awesome sleep last night... there was a power cut while we were out and it buggered the sky decoder in the bedroom, so I ended up going to bed instead of watching Smallville... yay for tvnz on demand or I'd have been packing some serious tantys!! Jae let us sleep in til 8.30am! so I'm feeling pretty good today
Brandon - 05/12/2003

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 1:57pm
Awesome about the good sleep BK, not so awesome about the power cut. Lol, TVNZOnDemand to the rescue!!!

That IS one hell of a plum lol. Wonder when it's going to change to something else.

Ick, DFs nose just started bleeding. Hate it when that happens, which is all too often. Waiting patiently for the ENT dept at the hospital to fit him in for an appointment to see what the hell is up with it. He's as healthy as a horse.

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 6:58pm
dammit bk i was sure it would not be a plum when i came on today!!

gosh talk to me about pasta i had this great fettucini today with parmesan, mushrooms and spinach in it.. was divine! could only have a few forkfulls then was full up but man it wa sgood.. a shame i can never recreate the flavours when i attempt at home!

and i'm ravenous all the time, but cant eat the meal sizes i usually could, been snacking on fruit and yoghurt, and bits and pieces, i get hungry after about 45 mins so have to eat all the time.. bit annoying actually!!

lil lease i'm all about showering at the moment .. its the only place i stop feeling uncomfortable and it really helps my ack which is quite achy now (i'm sure we need a new mattress!)

i had a tiny bit of brown discharge on my undies yesterday and freaked out a bit.. its not there today but i scrutinise everytime i go to the bathroom! mw said to get a scan and i think i will (i'll be able to tell sex hurrah!) just incase..

have midwife appt on tuesday so will get her to check my cervix and things also.. have had a little bit of light cramping and just feeling tender and really uncomfortable so will just see what happens..

rubybaby i looove carrot cake!! yummo.. i have never found a way to make it right.. i'm a bit hopeless in general though with baking!

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 7:32pm
Lol, I find it interesting that all you gals are hungry all the time and can barely eat anything where I'm barely ever hungry and can pretty much eat my normal amounts. I'm making lasagne tonight for DF and his friend. We may be having bacon and eggs for breakfast if the friend actually does come over, he's been working himself ragged and is on his way back from Auckland.

Marengo, brown discharge isnt too much to worry about even though seeing it can make your heart pound and make you freak out. Bright red is more worrying. Good on you for talking to your MW about it.

I love carrot cake too though I've never tried making it myself. Mmmm... Gotta love the cream cheese icing.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 9:46pm
I prefer banana myself, but I have yet to find a cafe or bakery that makes them as nice as mine... I've had LOTS of practise with mine though as its the only form of baking DP will eat... meanwhile all the other stuff I learnt along the way is slowly making its way back into the recesses of the baby brain lol!

Marengo, bit of a personal question, but have you and hubby/DP (sorry, I forget whose married and who isnt on here lol!!) had sex lately? That often causes a bit of spotting, and brown blood is nothing to worry about as its just old stuff making its way out long after the bleeding happened. When do you think you'll go for the scan?

Went to my friends hens party, and there was soo much yummy food, but only maybe half that I could safely eat... how rude of them to make all that yummy looking sushi!! Shes getting married in 2 weeks, and I still dont know what I am wearing!! I'm not usually such a girl about things like this lol, but when you have a bit of a tummy, means you cant wear your usual without looking like you ate all the pies, and the pretty maternity stuff looks way too baggy plus our budgets tight enough as it is, cant really afford to go blow extra on something I'll probably never wear again!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 9:59pm
I love banana cake too. I also figured out a nummy recipe for a jaffa cake. DF loves it lol.

I had a bit of spotting at 16 weeks last pregnancy. My MW gave me a thorough check over and just said no sex until a few days after the spotting stopped. We had been a little...vigorous lol.

Oh how mean of them making all that yummy food Hope you find something nice and flattering to wear

DF and I are off to the movies tomorrow morning. Going to see The Sorcerers Apprentice. Looks like it should be a good movie. Hope my cough behaves itself for long enough so I dont disturb the rest of the movie theatre lol.

Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 7:14am
Morning girls (he he you're probably all still in bed)

DH and I are hanging out to get back to our big king sized firm bed tonight after being quarantined in our spare bed (a bouncy little double) for 3 nights while everything else dries out after the cleaning. Tussling with sheets, duvet falling off in the night and me nearly falling off the bed... doesn't make for very restful sleep! Think the bugs are gone but now suspect they came from some old beds at my nan's so that means her whole place will need to be steam cleaned too.

Just had porridge but nom nom cake.... I have scrummy recipes for banana and carrot. Since being UTD have developed a taste for lemon yoghurt, which is the easiest recipe in the world (good ol Alison Holst) but soooo good.

Crikey BK that's the biggest plum I've ever seen - it's more like a pear now! Hope that's what it changes into next

Hope you get to have a scan Marengo, just to put your mind at ease. A few weeks ago I had quite a bit of brown tinged "snotty" CM (sorry TMI) but nothing since. Wonder if it was the MP reforming or something?

Hope none of you have had any storm damage. The rain and wind were so loud last night it woke us both up! Hope today is a calmer day and you all have a good one

Edited by Anja22
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 9:07am
*Drools* Kiiing Siiize Beeeed lol. We sleep in a double and I totally get what you mean by fighting over the blankets and almost falling off lol. I have actually fallen out of this bed once Woke up just before I hit the floor lol.

Well I've decided not to go to the movie this morning. Woke up and feel like I've been twisted into a pretzel lol. Must have slept on a really bad angle last night. Then I decide to (TMI, sorry) blow my nose and end up really really dizzy until the pressure in my ears equalised again. Not Fun! I'm also coughing like a seal again so I think It's safe to say giving the movie a miss is the best option.

No storm damage here. No storm either actually, just a brisk breeze and a little rain lol.

I'm on TradeMe at the moment (Dangerous territory lol) just wandering around the baby gear area. So much to look at! I keep looking at different types of strollers/buggies/prams. For those of you who have been here before, what type did you prefer?

Edited by lil_lease

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 11:44am
I have a steelcraft 4-wheeler, and I it! It has reversible handlebars, one-hand + one foot collapsing, and one-hand pull-up, light and compact enough to fit in our sedan boot with plenty of room to spare, decet sized parcel tray, and is able to fit most brand capsules in, a lifesaver with having a c-section in June, last thing I wanted was to pull Jae out of her cosy little nest into a cold pram, and I couldnt exactly carry her carseat and all! has a built in sunshade too which is fantastic. Seen them retail pretty cheap on TM too. I went through several prams with B so I knew exactly what qualities I was looking for in a pram, and apart from getting a cheap 3-wheeler for speedway (which I dont like but its easy to use on gravel, and was cheap, so cant complain!) its the pram I have used all the time, havent even needed to think of replacing... til now anyways!

Jae was sick at 7am this morning... so much for a sunday lie-in! Got DP to help strip the cot and gave her a bottle, then the wee monkey slept til 11.30 early night tonight I think!

lil_lease, maybe its time to visit the chemist and see if there is anything safe to take in pregnancy? We have one from the Durotuss range that is suitable for kids, pregnant and lactating mothers, cant remember what it is though
Brandon - 05/12/2003

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 12:19pm
That Steelcraft one sounds pretty good. I've been looking through the Product Review section over the last 6 months but havent really been finding anything to my liking. I had a look at BoTM and another website and all the prices for new are

For some reason the 3 wheelers have never appealed to me. They just dont look stable enough. I'm most likely going to be doing more footpath/shopping centre walking than offroading so I wouldnt need a 3 wheeler for that either.

I really like the thought of a reversable handle and easy to collapse and unfold, I dont exactly have mucho muscles lol so the easier the better.

Looking on TradeMe for one of those 4 wheelers now and I'm having to hunt lol. I can find plenty of 3 wheeler Enigmas (which dont look too bad apart from them being a 3 wheeler) and from the dimensions I've seen are pretty compact. I've even found one (Enigma) for the insane price of $2! Watchlisted that one! Lol.

I think I may actually be on the tail end of my cough now to be honest. Today I've been feeling better and my cough isn't quite so mental. Was pretty bad overnight and woke me up a couple of times though. I've been thinking about trying some cough syrup and if this damn cough sticks around much longer I will be.

Eek, what a lovely wake up for mummy and daddy huh lol. Hope there's no more sickies.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 12:24pm
The 4-wheeler enigma is the one I have. We (or rather MIL did) bought ours brand new for $280, but at the time RRP was closer to $400

yeah, I never like 3-wheelers for that reason either, i like to put nappy bag on handlebars for easy access, but it leaves it a little unbalanced, and tips back too easily
Brandon - 05/12/2003

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 12:49pm
Definately interesting in the 4 wheeler Enigma then. Looking at one right now. Looks good, nice colour too :)

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 1:16pm
Shocking, I must be feeling better. I'm contemplating going for a walk to town and seeing whats open lol. I really want to go and have a look in Farmers, Baby Factory and Baby City to see if there's a stroller I like the feel of. I have no idea if any of those are open on a Sunday though lol. EDIT: Squee, lol, they all close at 4. Now, to actually GET there lol.

I want to give an Enigma 3 wheeler a spin because if I like it I am SO snapping up the one sitting at $3. Lol, postage would be what costs me though, it's in Hamilton

Edited by lil_lease

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 376>