FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 376>
Author
Brilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 11:25am
Hehe ariel i do that too!!! it drives hubby nuts i dont mind hanging it out and bringing it in its the folding part tht i just dont do! We have a spare room and the washing go on the bed Hes such a good man he will go in and fold it for me God i love my husband!!

Sponsored Links

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 11:34am
Lol I'm the odd one out, I love folding it.

I hope I put the tubing for the washing machine in the right place. Normally it just sits in the tub but since I'm soaking most of our teatowels in the tub I had to put it in the tube slot thing it's supposed to go into except the last time I put it there I flooded the garage Lol. Hope this isnt going to be a repeat. I'm watching it like a hawk lol.
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:19pm
lil_lease, you don't by chance also like ironing?

brilee, we used to put ours in the spare room but it just got unmaneagable and we never ended up using the wardrobe or drawers! lol
Now it sits in our bedroom and is usually there for three or four days before we get sick of it.

FX lil_lease it doesn't flood. I'm always scared of doing something like that. DH is so handy that I usually get him to check all those things.

And I can't believe it, but I'm hungry again, argh! Might eat a little piece of chocolate and have a drink and see if that will last me to actual food time (in about half an hour).
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:21pm
haha careful brilee in summertime you will be not enjoying the stifling heat while carrying a large lump on your front!!

hehe.. i love the warmth of summer and i'm looking forward to hopefully being brave enough to get out at the beach, though my now dimply and pale thighs wont look so wonderful exposed to the outside world, luckily i do have a nice sun dress thing that goes over a bikini that i'm sure i will be living in when summer finally rolls along..

anyone know if spray tans are safe during pregnancy? i'm tempted to go and get one as everyone is commenting on how pale i'm looking and my self esteem has taken a little bit of a dive lately!

argh my stomach is tied in knots cause i'm excited about scan.. only two more hours at work then i'm leaving hurrah..

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:24pm
Urgh, HATE ironing lol. Always seem to screw it up somehow. Last time I ironed anything was for my pops funeral almost a year ago.

I managed to do the tubing ok, thank goodness. Was paranoid and kept checking it lol. DF was out taking a walk lol so I was kinda stuck doing it myself.
Not so happy that there's mould growing under the laundry tub though going to attack that with some vinegar.

Mmm, speaking of food *tummy grumbles* I'm ready for lunch

Marengo, good luck with the scan
I have no idea whether fake tans are ok or not.

Edited by lil_lease

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:39pm
ooh eer stay away from that mould with your cough you have, i hate mould its horrible stuff, i can smell it a mile off.. make sure you put a surgical mask on :)

went to open home on sunday and the mould smell was instantly enough to put us off!

hehe i dont even own an iron.. is that bad?? lol..

anyhoo i shall be back later with pictures to post :)

Brilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:43pm
Good Luck Marengo!!!!! Cant wait to hear how your scan goes!
Fark i hate ironing when i first got together with hubby i told him i dont iron! He asked me once to do a shirt i closed my eyes and did it he has never asked again he also irons my things aswell My mother in law cant believe i dont iron she wants to teach me so i can be a good wife cracks me up i love her to bits i will never be an ironer

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 12:57pm
Marengo, I was just going to give the mould a spray with some vinegar no rubbing, scrubbing or touching required, though I may get DF to do it anyway lol.

I own 2 irons and havent used either of them lol. One of them is an absolutely ancient one, I think it's from the 60's or something and the other one is pretty modern, I just dont really bother ironing lol, we dont really have anything that needs ironing anyway

Yay, cant wait for pictures.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:16pm
Unfortunately I had one of those jobs which required corporate attire, so I have lots of shirts which need ironing. Half the time I just cheat and only iron the collar and sleeves and wear a knit vest! lol

That's funny about your MIL Brilee.

Good luck for your scan Marengo.

I'd also be interested to know about fake tans too Marengo. We're going to Taupo in the new year and would be quite nice to be tanned up for the beach so I don't feel like I'm going to blind the people around me.

I imagine it's one of those contentious issues given the chemicals, but then most people, like myself, probably haven't stopped using moisturiser, makeup and cleansers and they've got chemicals in too. I might have a chat to my midwife next time I see her and find out her opinion.
DD1 Mar 11
DD2 Oct 13
Brilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:27pm
You can get a natural plant formula spry tan ;-) i had it when i gt my last spry tan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:42pm
Who did you get that through Brilee? Might have to see if there's someone down this way who does one.

I prepaid for three spray tan sessions a while ago and I still have one left, so might check out if theirs is a natural product or if they think it's safe for pregnant women.
DD1 Mar 11
DD2 Oct 13
MrsFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:46pm
Oh my, you girls have been chatty today!
Brilee you look great in that dress.
Yay for feeling better LL, go the antibiotics.

AFM I am certainly glad I went to the Dr and got my antibiotics. I am still not well but slept much better last night and able to do a couple of hours work so far today.

I have purchased a few bits and pieces for baby. Just clothes so far but when I am better DH and I are going to go and see snazzipants and see what cloth nappies we are going to go with.

Our new kitchen arrives this week so we are full on trying to get our old kitchen ripped out and finalising the quotes to get the floors sanded ready to install our beautiful new kitchen!

Bexta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:47pm
Apparently Palmers (who do that cocoa butter stuff to stop stretchmarks) does one of those tanning moisturisers.   The ladies in the Due in Jan thread were discussing it!!

Haha I don't iron either. (don't even buy clothes that need ironing) Although I probably should iron some things, just can't be a$$ed!! Acutally I don't do much of anything these days - even standing long enough to cook dinner can be a struggle. Lovely DP does a lot of the housework (and reminds me of it). Makes me feel quite useless sometimes but then he reminds me of the important job I have growing this wee bean.

Yay for a scan marengo!! I've got my midwife appt on Thursday so should get the next referral for my anatomy scan. Yay can't wait to find out the flavour.

Oh well - back to work I guess.

Angel Baby June 2010
mum2QTs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2QTs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:52pm
Hay Everyone,
Hope everyone is feeling better and the horid cough is gone, mine seems to be on the med, i ended up taking and inhaler and seems to be working, is till there, but i'm keeping food down now, oh just have to share, i was over the toilet the othger day and my 3yr old came in, rubed my back saying, ït's ok Mummy i'm here, it's all okay don't worry", oh soooo cute, makes all this so worth it

Well had MW today, and heard bubs heart beat for the first time yay
Next app is on the 17th Oct, and scan will be around the 23rd of Oct

Hope everyone stays nice and healty

Chat soon

GL Marengo for your scan today

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:58pm
Yay for feeling a bit better MrsFord
I still havent bought anything for baby though DF and I had a good look around BabyCity and BabyFactory the other day. At the moment we just dont have the spare money.

Hope your floors come up nice and your new kitchen turns out great

I dont know anything about those self tanning sprays or moisturisers, I end up having a reaction to them so I dont bother anymore lol. A few minutes in the sun every day during summer and I come up a nice light tan I'm so glad I tan easily.

Mum2QTs, how cute of your 3 yr old, coming in and making sure you're ok.
Yay for hearing the heartbeat. It's so awesome

Edited by lil_lease

Bexta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 2:19pm
Oh Mum2QTs - that's so sweet of your 3yr old! Nearly made me cry!

We haven't bought anything for bubs yet either. I've been in a few shops looking at stuff. Mum said that she'd buy the cot for us and after a few deliberations we've decided to get a bassinet too - although not have baby in the same room as us. It will just be a bit easier and we already have a port-a-cot for DP's daughter so we want to keep her in that for as long as possible and we don't have the space for two cots!! My plan is to put her into the spare bed once our bubs is in a cot. That's the plan anyway -no doubt the wheels will fall off that at some stage.

Angel Baby June 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 2:46pm
Thats great about the kitchen Mrs Ford. We are currently in the process of finishing off our renovations and carpet in the hallway and bedrooms is one of the two big things left and hopefully we'll get that done in the next month or so.

Thanks Bexta, will have a look at the Palmers self tan stuff next time I'm in Farmers or a pharmacy (I think I've seen it at Farmers).

Mum2qts, that is soooo cute about your 3yr old. And that's awesome that you got to hear the heartbeat.

Oh lil_lease I envy you. I'm a redhead and white and freckly - I don't go brown in the sun, my freckles just go darker. DH tans really easily so I'm hoping our kids take after him in that regard (although I would love to have gorgeous little redheaded children).

DH doesn't want to buy anything for the baby yet. I was terrified something would happen to the baby before twelve weeks, but now we've past it, and heard the hearbeat last week, I'm excited about buying stuff, but DH is being his practical self and thinks we should wait until around 30 weeks before we buy anything. There will be all the Christmas/New Years sales at that point so we'd probably get some great deals but I don't know if I can wait that long! lol
DD1 Mar 11
DD2 Oct 13
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 2:58pm
hi all, just popping in while DS is in bed snoozing off the dregs of his anaesthetic. he's in a fair bit of pain, but the hospital were nice enough to let him wear the baggy pj pants home as it was much looser than his own pants and undies, poor thing was so terrified of anything touching it that he cried before his undies and pants reached his knees

And to top it all off, jae still sick, so shes coming with me to my GP/LMC appt tomorrow and they agreed to slip her appt in with mine, esp since im still early on so not much to do other than quick scan and whatever else he decides to do. Poor wee thing threw up her entire botle this morning, but DP was the only one home and it fell to him to clean up, not much I could do from over at the hospital

Not much news on the baby front... and I'm reallly tired, so i have forgotten anything I wanted to comment on after catching up on the days posts

Hope everyone is keeping well!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 5:59pm

26th Feb
Blake&Ellasmum+1 - #3 not sure finding out

1st March
FionaO #2 thinking boy! finding out

3rd
MrsFord - #1 thinking girl! finding out

7th
Sarahsparkle #1 finding out

9th
Clarebear400 #1

10th
NEN10 - #2 finding out
SArmy #2
Travelchick #2

12th
Babykatnz - #3 thinking boy! finding out but keeping it a surprise cabbage test girl
Marengo - #1 Finding out thinking boy! cabbage test boy Its a GIRL!!
Brilee #1thinking boy! finding out

13th
bachi - #2 thinking boy! Undecided
JollyMaguire #2
zatonz - #3

15th
Babybean #1
bumblebee #1 - thinking boy! finding out
Jaymum2be #1 thinking girl! finding out cabbage test boy

16th
Bella24- #1 not sure will be a surprise!

18th
Bexta #1 thinking girl finding out

19th
Searz - #1 Finding out

20th
Nubba #1 thinking girl! finding out
Eve2010 #1
mirsty #1

21st
karenb_chch #1

22nd
Rubybaby #1 Not Sure will be a surprise!
nakimummy #3

24th
Mum2QTs - #3
Arielangel #1 Not sure finding out
Candybear #1finding out
Hoffnung09 #2
Kabe #2 Hoping boy! finding out

28th
Lil_Lease # 1 again Thinking Girl! Finding out

29th
Anja #1 Hoping girl! finding out

Unknown
Sarahd #1

Scan Dates:
Mum2QTs - 24th - NT scan
MrsFord - 14th Oct - anatomy scan

Appointment dates:
Candybear - 16th
mum2QTs - 21st
Marengo - 26 Oct
Babykatnz - 22nd
Bexta - 23rd
B&E'smum - 27th
lil_lease - 28th - OB
Anja - 29th
MrsFord - 4th Oct
lil_lease - 5th

March 2011 Angels

Lisa85
Aprilfools
Monkeys
Cherub
LuRo
Spanky77

Okay.. so the cabbage test was wrong and so were all of my motherly instincts!!!! lol..

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 6:10pm
oh yay, congrats on the girl!! Awesome that they were able to tell so soon too!! lol my 'instincts' told me Jae was going to be a boy, glad I had found out at the anatomy scan otherwise, cos I'd have had NO girly stuff whatsoever in the house otherwise!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 376>