FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 376>
Author
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 12:33pm
BK, aint that always the way though, paperwork getting lost/messed up. LOL at not finding the HB but bubs moving round, I guess it has to be there then

Hope Jae can keep down that bottle and is feeling better soon, and that you dont get it!

Yay for the scan referral form

Hope your DS heals up nice and quick too.

Oh, I can remember when I used to want to change my name. I hated my birth name with a passion (Lisa-Marie) and always wanted to change it to something "cool" rofl. Well now I'm old enough to change it and I havent bothered, though I dont go by my full name anymore for most things anyway.

Lol Marengo, I'll do my best to get a scan It would be awesome getting BK to do her gender prediction trick

Edited by lil_lease
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Sponsored Links

B,E&Rsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B,E&Rsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 1:10pm
I used to hate my name as well, doesn't bother me now.

I have always told Blake that if he wants to change his name when he is legal age he can. ( just because he has my maiden name as his surname, his fathers surname as a middle name and also now that I am married, our household except for him has the same surname. sometimes I think he feels a bit left out ).
I have also told him now that his sister has come along and we all have diff surname to him, he can always be "known" as and have the same surname as us for school ( for eg,) if he wants.

wow, hope I explained that so y'all could understand what I am trying to say. lol

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 1:11pm
I get what you mean B&EsMum

clarebear400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarebear400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 2:42pm
Oh marengo what a gorgeous little girl her face profile is so cute. Can't wait to find out in 3-4 weeks what we are having.

A brought a pair of the black skinny jeanswest jeans so comfy and stoked to hear they are coming out with blue ones later as I didn't like either of their other styles on me. Also got some preggers shorts from pumpkin patch on sale, but with the current crap weather wont be wearing them for awhile.
Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 3:21pm
i get you to b&esmum.. when baby is born i'll be the odd one out in the house lol.. she will have partners surname, my familys a bit of a wreck so would prefer her to have the name of her grandmother that will spoil her rotten :)

thansk clarebear! i have to admit i'm a proud mummy, i just think she is beautiful even though cant really see much yet i'm so smitten.. ooh i cant wait to find out what your having either! will be an exciting next few weeks here thats for sure with all the upcoming scans and finding out ness..

i have the black skinny jeans to but ended up getting a size to big, i thought i would grow into the 10 but they are a bit baggy on me so dont look very smart.. still comfey though so i still wear them!

i might go back to kmart at some stage and have another browse of the maternity clothes, getting a bit pressing as i'm not really fitting many of my clothes now at all.

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 3:34pm
I'm still wearing my pre-preg jeans lol, just doing the hairtie trick. I can fit them standing up no problem when they're fully done up, I just cant sit down without feeling like I'm cutting myself in half lol, so hairtie trick it is They're really quite low cut so I think I'll be able to get away with the hairtie trick for a lot longer, I just hope my hips and ass dont expand too much otherwise they wont fit me that way!

I'll be the odd one out in this house too I gave my son DFs last name and this one will have DFs last name too, purely because it's a hell of a lot easier to spell lol.

Just came home from doing the shopping. Had a bit of a dizzy spell because I think I'd been too long without food . Came home and had some yogurt and thinking about having something else but cant think what. Have changed my mind on what to have for dinner and now we are having bacon and mushroom carbonara (Thanks BK for the idea) I just hope I can improvise well enough to make it taste good lol. OR we could have the carbonara for lunch and roast chook for dinner... choices choices...

ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 6:14pm
We will all have the last name. My mum changed her last name after her and my father split and I hated it growing up when people called her, or us, by the wrong last surname. Even today it annoys me when people assume she has the same last name as me, it's particularly annoying now that I'm married and took my husbands name and some people still make that mistake!

Anyway, I'm stuck at work with the boss's 16 year old son who is doing a homework assignment. I feel like I'm stuck here until he's finished - eek! (everyone else has left). I mean, I can't expect a [just turned] 16 year old to lock up an office (including turning off all lights, setting alarm etc), can I?
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 6:51pm
I wouldnt be that trusting lol. I remember what I was like at 16 and I wouldnt be that trusting.

Mmmm... dinner is soooo good. My rip off of a bacon and mushroom carbonara turned out really yum

MrsFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 8:12am
My mum gave me her surname and didn't name my biological father on my birth cert because he is a deadbeat. I have since taken my husbands surname but will call this baby Mitchell if it's a boy which is my maiden name. One of the reasons we waited on ttc until after we were married was so that we could all have the same surname, I didn't want to be left out lol

I have forgotten everything else I was going to say, sorry girls. Bloody baby brain!

I have my post surgery check up with my lovely gynae today. I love her, she's just wonderful! Hopefully this will ease my mind that baby is actually growing well. I am hoping for a quick scan to check bubs out so Im really excited since I decided to wait until 20 weeks for my anatomy scan.

Edited by MrsFord

Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 8:19am
It's that time again... to say good morning to the March mums to be

Your dinner sounded yum LL! We had homemade beef burgers last night, just what wee bean ordered, with cheese and tomato and BBQ sauce and fresh bread rolls... *drool* So funny how my cravings are for protein and fat Must be a hangover from my Weight Watchers days, when I had a pretty low fat diet for about 18 months to get to goal and stay there. Hate to think what I weigh now but pah who cares!

Took another bump pic yesterday (as I have been every week for last 3 weeks) and still hardly any difference between the 3. At some point I'm sure I'll "pop" but it's not happened yet! Is this normal for your first?!

Hope you all have a great day
MrsFord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 9:09am
I have gotten flubby, is that normal? I expected a firm bump but just have a flub roll, not at all attractive lol. Im sure us late bloomers will get a beautiful bump eventually.

Good friends of ours are getting married in Australia in mid April, 6 weeks after baby is due. We really want to go, do you think I am being stupid to think I can manage the trip with a newborn?
We are going to combine it with visiting my Aussie family and my Nana as this is her first great-great grandchild and I really want to do that as early as possible since her health is deteriorating. My mum and possibly grandma would come with us, so will have heaps of help. They say it's easiest while they're young right?

I am off to have a shower and try to look presentable for my check up. Ooh a courier just cme with some more cute baby clothes I got off trade me... I really need to control that obsession!

karenb_chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenb_chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 9:18am
Hey Mrs Ford, I'm in the same boat - friends of mine are getting married in Auckland at Easter, about a month after my due date. They have said that I can wait until the absolute last minute to RSVP, so will just wait and see.

I also waited until getting married (Easter this year) before ttc. And I changed my name so that we would all have the same name - pretty unusual at my work as most academics keep their maiden names, at least professionally. I just couldn't be bothered. If we have a boy, he will have my maiden name (or a derivative) as his middle name tho.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 9:39am
Hehe lil_lease - in the end I did leave him here as I didn't want to get home too late - as it was, it was 7.30pm when I got home

MrsFord, I hope your checkup goes well today and fx you get an early scan. And I think you'll be fine travelling while bubs is still small. I'm planning on doing a roadtrip somewhere around 8 weeks old to visit the last surviving grandparent (great-grandparent for our bubs) up in Raglan.

We also have a wedding not long after the baby is due (in May), but thankfully that is here in Wellington so no travel required. It is one of my close friends, so have done deal with DH and if bubs is not happy he'll take him/her home, but otherwise I'm lucky my friend has bent her no children/babies rule for me. I'm just hoping 5-6 weeks of breastfeeding is enough to be able to fit one of the dresses I already have otherwise I'm going to have to buy a new one!
DD1 Mar 11
DD2 Oct 13
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 10:11am
Flying at 6 weeks would be a lot easier than an older baby, as they will sleep for most of it, and you can BF during takeoff and landing to stop them from getting any pain in their ears from the pressure equalizing. Not sure on what limits the airline have set on baby paraphernalia (portacot, pram, carseat etc) so once you have checked that, it might pay to ask your friends if they could organise something at their end to save you hauling all that stuff to the airport?

The only wedding I have to go to is in less than 2 weeks, and I STILL havent sorted out what I'm wearing

When DS was born he had his fathers last name, and we got married 2 months later (we'd been engaged since well before I got preg, B was just the kick up the bum to make it official) but for some reason I never used my married name for anything... must have known something wasnt right as we split up a year later. Jae has her dads last name and we dont plan on getting married at all, so we now have 3 diff last names which must confuse the school a bit lol!

My sausages last night were disgusting... never buying pork ones again I'll prob grab something like Wendys or McD's tonight since I'm going out for my game for a few hours lol
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 10:15am
good luck for your checkup mrsford! we also looked on tm last night and found some clothes we liked, not sure if we won it ended this morning and of course we cant get on tm at work!

ooh anja yummo now i'l cravign for a burger! they ahve these yummy southern chicken patties at the supermarket i love those on fresh rolsl with lots of salad cheese and sauce.. hmm i will have to put that on the list for next weeks dinner!

now i'm starving lol...

re bumps, ive noticed mine has really popped out in the last week, baby grows heaps between 14 and 20 weeks so in that time i'm sure we will all have big lovely bumps to show, i'm so short i think thats why mine has gone out so quick, baby has nowhere to go but outwards! heh..

she gave me what felt like a real proper kick today, it was cool.. like a double barrel kick heh.. she is getting bigger and stronger everyday!

hmm must find some food.. hope everyone is havign a great day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 10:41am
From knowledge I've gained from friends of mine who have flown with infants, they get their own luggage allowance so if you can arrange your clothes etc efficiently you should at least be able to take a carseat.

Funny you should say that BK, after all the talk of sausages last night I got some at the supermarket and was tossing up between pork and bratwurst but in the end decided I had to have a beef (or at least part beef) sausage - the pork ones just looked too white.

Gosh BK that must be confusing with all those last names.

Wow Marengo that you are feeling kicks. I still haven't felt anything, but I think thats normal for a first pregnancy (someone might be able to enlighten me more).

DD1 Mar 11
DD2 Oct 13
B,E&Rsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B,E&Rsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 11:03am
Man this weather is weird. We just had horizontal rain ( along with strong winds ), which started to seep in under our front door. Now about 1/2 hr later it is sunny but still really windy!!

Mrs Ford - I have a flub roll as well. I know it is baby cos I cant suck it in at all anymore, but it is not hard like it would be in later pregnancy. I have also noticed I have put some weight across my back of all places!

My son is very happy today, his class raised the most money for their spellathon so they get to have fish in chips for lunch.

We had teriyaki steak for dinner last night and it really wasn't very nice at all. Wont be having that again anytime soon.

I have started to feel lots of kicks this week, which is very reassuring esp seeing as MW couldn't find HB at last appt.
ArielAngel - I think most first time mums it is not unusual to not feel anything till about 18-20 weeks?
( feel free to correct me if I'm wrong )

Edited by BandEsmum

B,E&Rsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B,E&Rsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 11:18am
Will be interesting to see the march gender ratios. The feb forum has 10 girls to 2 boys so far.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 11:44am
I've been lurking in there too BandEsmum - wonder if we'll make up with boys!
DD1 Mar 11
DD2 Oct 13
Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 12:16pm
wowee thats a lot of girls to boys.. no wonder there is a man drought lol...

mrs ford your baby pic changed this arvo! looks neat!

ariel a friend of a friend is 19 weeks and still hasnt felt anything, i think my whole insides are just really sensitive lol..

i think some people can maybe confuse it for gas too, i can tell when a feeling is gas compated to a kick as ive had trouble with my bowel so sort of know where everything is in there in terms of feelings, so you might be feeling your baby but just thinking it is something else?? its normal anyway if you cant feel anythign untill even after 20 weeks!

Another thing is you just might have a lovely quiet baby :) mine will be a terror lol!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 376>