FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 248>
Author
kandk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 2:42pm
Don't worry Rainbow - nor do I! But I am sure everything is fine. Can't be too long now before I feel some movement though?

Sponsored Links

greenstone27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 7:21pm
when did u ladies feel movement in your first pregnancy?????

Hope everyone has a good weekend.... mines a bit full on. 2 partys and my wedding anniversary ;) least i wont be hungover yay!!

Also what would u recommend to put on belly to prevent stretch marks??? At the mo im using Bio Oil.

I also was given EGGMarternity Anti-Stretch Mark Creme.

Edited by greenstone27

Hes finally here :-)
MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 7:46pm
Well, I've been having trouble keeping up with the posts again... if we're winning with the most posts, that explains it!

Congrats on all the good scans too

Definitely can't be too long for you to feel movement Caroline. I had some weird feelings in there last night - it was like when baby was big last time and kicking my insides but I'm sure my wee huhu can't be that big to do that at the moment!

DD has been sick with a viral infection, broke out in a rash which had me worried but it's all good. Just means I've had a super clingy grizzly baby for the whole week    

Righto, I'm off to do some sewing, hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Come on Huhu#3 ...~Chem Apr 13~
ChildsPlay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChildsPlay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 9:53pm
Ohhh - how exciting for you first time mummies.. I remember laying on the couch at about 14weeks and I felt my first kick - it was soo very very exciting...!! I hope you start to notice it real soon..!

For me, I can feel the baby moving but just bubbles - still no real kicks.. In the scan though you could see Curly really kicking me so I think this one is going to be brutal like DS was..! Uh oh..

I sorry Jade, I didn't have any success with stretch mark lotions/oils cause they made me itch.. I fortunately didn't get any stretchies with either of my 1st two kids.. I did try the bio oil and liked this better than the palmers stuff but bio is expensive.. Hope someone else can answer this for you better.. Good luck..

I'm on TM buying up a storm.. We must all be bidding on the same maternity wear..! LOL.

Had MW appointment today - all is well but I've lost 2kg.. I'd say due to all the stress I've been under and also running around after my 2 toddlers.. MW asked me to eat a little more to make up for it.. I don't think I can fit any more in..!!

Can't wait for tomorrow.. I'm gonna take the kids to the beach while DP at work.. Hope the rest of you have a fabulous weekend too... xxx
MrsRP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 8:37am
Morning everyone - hope you are all having a nice weekend.

Weather is fabulous in Wellington again today - woohoo!! DH is out playing golf, so I'm heading out for brunch with my best friend shortly.

Nausea is finally disappearing which is excellent - am starting to feel 'normal' again in the mornings - yay!!

Have appointment with the OB tomorrow morning which is good - first time we meet her as we've been meeting with MW up till now.

Righto - better jump in the shower and get organised - have a great day
greenstone27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 8:10pm
Hi All, Just a quick pop in.

Im sooooooooooooooooo tired, think im gnna have an early one. Had a busy night last night was a friends 27th Bday so they had drinks and that, was very entertaining, kind of makes u feel a little drunk when you are around drunk people lol......even on the orange juice. But actually enjoyed myself.

This morning I was very tired prob from staying up late.

Noticed my tummy getting more rounded now and in the morning its firm, and if I roll on my side for a bit then roll back its gone or moved...cute! Havent felt anything yet though.

MW appt on the 19th and then Ill book my 20week scan... exciting.

Going to put some baby gears on laybuy this weekend coming I think. We were given a bassinet and a capsule, but I think I might get a new capsule. And hubbys mum is going to buy us a cot, so thats good.

Anyways hope everyone had a good weekend. they go so fast.... back to work tomorrow...

Hes finally here :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChildsPlay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 9:57pm
OMG what a stunning weekend...!

My DS Ryder is turning one next week so we spent the weekend tidying up the garden for the party. Pray the weather stays fine till then..

It's great when others offer to help buy the big purchases aye Jade.. DP's parents bought us our pram and my parents got us the cot. Helped us heaps.. But this time we have to buy our own bassinett and a car capsule which sux.. (we borrowed it all last time)...

I think my MS is starting to ease.. I can go longer in the day without feeling so blurghh.. Need to keep on top of sleep though so on that note am off to bed..

Hope everyone else had a magical weekend too..
Donna and Curly...x
kandk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 10:43pm
We just hire a capsule from Plunket (bought the car seat though). Maybe not as flash as if we bought one, but he didn't stay in it long anyway.

Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 1:27pm
12 weeks tomorrow and booked in for my scan at 9am, cannot wait!! been waiting for this for what seems an eternity

please please please let everything be okay give me a big strong heartbeat and only one head.

nicci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 2:14pm
The scan went well. Hubby and I really enjoyed watching the little bean jumping around on the screen. On my way back to work I stopped in and had my bloods and urine tests done to get it over and done with.

The midwive rang today to confirm very low risk of downs etc ... but I have sugar in my urine at a higher level than what she would consider normal. It doesn't rain it pours sometimes! I'm very scared now. I have to go into Lab tests and have a glucose test done to confirm whether I have gestational diabetes. WTF !!

Does anyone know a good website or support group than can provide me with some answers?
Jacindarella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 2:16pm
Hi All

I had a quiet weekend.. just looked after my nana on Saturday and had a Lazy Sunday.. I'm still not feeling well and now I'm getting a cold to top it off

Nothing new to report here.

Good luck with the scan tomorrow Jas! How exciting!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 2:19pm
Good news about the scan Nicci!

Sorry to hear about your other worries though.. sorry I don't know anything about gestational diabetes or any support groups though. I hope someone else can help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacindarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 2:26pm
I found this nicci.. theres more support links at the bottom.

http://www.everybody.co.nz/page-684b4103-0df7-44f2-8e82-7d001ee981a1.aspx
pinkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 2:30pm
Hey ladies,

Been a while since i have posted, have had a horrible cold for nearly 2 weeks so havent been up to much. MS is gone and im feeling pretty good.

Scan booked for next monday so am excitited and looking forward to it. Saw midwife on sat and heard the heartbeat, she is doing home visits at the moment.

In regards to equipment we dont need much. DS walks pretty much everywhere so will use pram with baby #2 and still have the capsule from DS. By the time the baby is ready to move to a car seat we will move DS to the next car seat up. My mum has found a really cool car shaped bed she wants to buy DS so baby will have the cot and we still have the bassinet. Other than that i am wanting to buy a sling and dont need too much else luckily.

Anyway off to play with DS, he had his 15 month immunisations today so a lil grumpy.

Take care
xxx
Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 3:09pm
Hi Nicci,

This is all I could find in from nz webistes;

http://www.diabetes.org.nz/about_diabetes/gestational_diabetes

looked like there were a few american based forums aswell?
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 7:38pm
I am so hormonal!! I am really grumpy and struggling with my relationship with DH, we usually have a great relationship but lately every single thing he does annoys me! Today he has been sick with the manflu, all day I have felt crap with the same bug, but I managed to entertain the kids, do three loads of washing, cook tea, clean and do some gardening, all the while he sat around feeling sorry for himself! I also find I really dont want to be intimate and prefer if he sleeps else where. I dont know if its just exhaustion with working and looking after three kids and being pregnant. Is anyone else struggling with similar things??

Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 9:07pm
Tj I get really anti DH when he gets home from work esp if hes working late coz by that time ive had enough of Leah but if hes late by god watch out (I do love sending time with Leah but eerr lately ) Its just all the hormones ranning around our bodies and they just dont understand why we may want 5mins to ourselves!!!

Man im so tired tonight must be all that sun we are having, I even got a bit sunburt on my face oops

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChildsPlay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 9:29pm
Nicci - Dave's cousin had gestational diabetes and nothing was much concern apart from the fact she couldn't eat sugar.. Think you'll find that you can put on a bit of weight with gestational diabetes and so can the baby.. But I can't really offer any advice - have you posted on the pregnancy forum to see if anyone else can help/support you.. Glad scan went well too...

Poohbear... Are you kidding me...?? I'm so the same..!   I absolutely can't stand DP at the moment.. He came home from work complaining of a headache so took panadol and said I need to rest for a while.. WTF..??? I take panadol and just carry on - no time for me to rest.. Anyway, after I bathed the kids, fed them tea, cooked our tea and whilst I was doing the dishes he came up to me and said "Thanks honey for everything tonight".. I felt like crying.. I'm absolutely exhausted and I'm feeling crampy so am on the couch feet up and trying to relax.
I feel like sometimes I'm gonna burn out.. You're not alone hun...

On top of that - thought I'd be having a 4 day weekend all to myself but DP announced tonight that he and the kids will be coming to my brothers wedding afterall.. Glad he's coming but stink..   

Look out Invercargill, here we come..

Right, off to purchase kids some togs then bed to rest my very worn out body.. Summer is definately coming..!! Sweeeeeeeet....

Edited by ChildsPlay
MerlinFluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 9:43am
Oh Poohbeah... totally with you there!! I usually get on great with DH but last night he drove me round the bend, I ended up in bed at 7pm crying but this morning I can't actually remember what it was he said or did that was so bad??!! silly hormones!

I've put on a ton of weight so far and I'm feeling really bad body image wise. I wan't to look pregnant not like a blubbery whale. Heading to Tonga (yeee haaaa!!) 23rd Oct for our honeymoon and I don't fit into ANY of my summer clothes, but it's too early for maternity ones. Bleh. A hippo on a beach!

/moan over
***Elly***

Charlieface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlieface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 6:32pm
Back in! Must be the sun coming out that has brightened my mood   How awesome is this weather!

With you all on the exhaution. My ms stopped around 13 weeks but the tiredness is still going strong. When will I get my energy back? Poor DH is trying to study and he is having to look after DD heaps as I can't get off the couch. Am going to try a very healthy diet tomorrow to see if I can't kick start my body into action.

Nicci -one of the ladies in my other due in forum had gestational diabetes, minik8e. You might like to pm her.

We celebrated DD's first birthday yesterday   What a milestone for us as parents -a whole year. Would not have thought this time last year I would be 14 weeks pregnant when we celebrated DD's first birthday!

My tummy has really popped out over the last few days but I have been struggling to decide what to eat. Less food = bigger baby bump?!?! Just check into the maternity clothes mfluff, no one need know exactly how far along you are, you could be full term for all they know (at least that's what I tell myself as I have not lost the mum-tum from DD and am only adding to it!).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 248>