FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSingle Parents UNITE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
Author
KirstyO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2012 at 10:30pm

Hi Razzmatazz:)

I'm just new here myself - welcome!  It's so awesome to have a place like this where single parents can join together and share stuff:)

Hope to get to know you better.

I'm also in my early thirties, with 2 kiddies, 3 years & 5 months.  Been single for almost a year now.  Im in the sunny BOP.

Sponsored Links

Free2BeMe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Free2BeMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 9:31am
Hi I'm Ang, single mum to 3 boys, who are 8, 6 and 3.

I've been single about 2.5 years now, the boys dad still lives in Aust, (I'm a kiwi and brought the boys home after the split) so they see him only every few months...

I'm in Whangarei.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 7:10pm
Hi Rachmatazz, KirstyO and Free2BeMe. I look forward to hearing more from you

I've been hanging around here for a while I'm 29 and my DD is 3. I split with her dad when she was 11 months old.
KirstyO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 9:04pm

Thanks Shelt:)

Hi Free2BeMe - wow, 3 boys huh?  That must be a real handful for you!  I can barely cope with 2!  How do you do it?

mummymax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 9:45pm
Hi All!
Hope you don't mind if I jump in too!
I'm 31 with 2 daughters, 6yrs and 14 months....My husband and I split 16 months ago, and I am counting the days until I can file for divorce! I am in Christchurch.
Hannahemily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannahemily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 6:46pm
Hi EVERYONE !!!!!

I havnt been on here for so long ! been so busy with my wee boy who is 13 weeks now ! :-) is anyone in auckland and know of any single parents groups?? I have been to a few "coffee groups" and I cant help but feel very left out ! everyone is married and heres little old me,a single mother at 25.... it would be great to connect with some like minded people who have similar issues face to face! this form is a great place to chat though
razzmatazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 11:17pm
argh just realised how slack I am . Hello again , yay there is lots of us, sometimes it feels like everyone else is happily coupled haha
I've just got back from visiting family in chch for 2 weeks. Gotta say I'm glad to be home    how is everyone else ??
razzmatazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 11:21pm
oh and Im angelique
NewPhoenix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewPhoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 12:11pm
where a bouts in auckland are you hannahemily?
Hannahemily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannahemily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 3:08pm
in Point Chev ! I had a complete melt down lastnight! had kept it together thus far, but my baby's daddy is being such a bas*ard to me... :-( I so dotn deserve this..I know that our relastionship will never work, and I have now come to the relisation that being a family wont work.. because hes too much off a controlling,jelous Arse.
I guess its hard tho , like razzmatazz said everyone everywhere I go is like a happy couple,all the groups that I go to thw mothers are married and seem to have these successful carrers behind them, and Im 25 a single mother .. living at home with my parents and still trying to figure out what I want to do..I just feel so useless and guess I want that so much for my son to have a loving mother and father unit,as thats what I didnt have in my life.... I dont regret having ryder one little bit, but I want the best for him and Im so scared that Im letting him down by not having that family unit
cheekymouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 7:34pm
Hannahemily, families come in all shapes and sizes. My ex left us when DS was 3 months old. I wanted the family unit and everything, but the best thing for us was to be separate, myself and my son who is now about 20months are so much happier. DS still sees his father every 2nd weekend overnight.

I am now 27, went back to work when DS was 5 months old so I could do my best to provide the best life I could for DS. He doesn't know any different, and yup I still have weeks that are utter crap where I think about what could have been, but now over a year on and with a partner ( we dont live together) who treats me and DS with love, respect and understanding I can wholeheartedly say that not being part of the family unit that I had dreamed of was the best for DS and me!

Yup, my life has changed and it may not have gone on the path that I wanted, but we are still chugging along and making a new path and new plans. You are still young and have plenty to look forward to. It's always hard to start with but in the end things will fall into place.

Sorry for the ramble, just thought I would share my story with u and let you know that it will get better.
Kiwilaw Cheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwilaw Cheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 10:07pm
Hannahemily, have you thought about using the free counselling available through the Family Court? - especially if your baby's daddy could be persuaded to go too - maybe you could help him understand that your baby needs him to be daddy.... The Family Court pays for up to 6 sessions. The actual counselling is done by private providers who send their bill to the Court. No other information goes to the Court, other than who attended counselling on what dates, and whether agreement was reached. The other thing that may possibly help is the "Parenting Through Separation" courses and literature available through the Family Court - there's some good stuff that tries to explain to separated parents how to treat each other so that their child is okay even though they are not living together.
mummyslittlewhirlwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyslittlewhirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 11:48pm
Hey everyone

I just wanted to share my Blog as a single mum recovering from separation following a marriage and my journey as it unfolds. If you're interested, it's here:
Blog

It's a follow on from my first Blog called 54firstdates.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyslittlewhirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 11:49pm
Oh and I've been a single mum for 2yrs now and yes there are Single Groups around:

On Facebook: Single Latte and "NZ Single Parents"
Auckland: Auckland Single Parents Trust
Nationwide: Birthright NZ

Hope that helps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyslittlewhirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 9:21pm
By the way - I'm not sure if it would be in the budget for most?? But there is a Singles Charity Ball coming up that I'm going along to supporting a charity as the name suggests called "Mothers Helpers". If you are interested, you'd have to be in quick - only a few more days to buy tickets. It's on Saturday 21st July in Ponsonby and 200 singles going!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233