FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2011 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 262>
Author
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:02pm
SMS - how did your appointment go? I have a referral on the 23rd to discuss the birth after my 3rd degree tear. They said to allow 2 hours for the appointment!

LBP - not enough bars open??!! WTF?! Priorities! hehe.

I am so exhausted, spent most of the day at a sale standing on my feet and had to walk up a really steep hill to get to the toilet from the cow shed Think I had some braxton hicks after that. Not sure I've felt them before, but certainly felt something after that!
DD is teething AGAIN. It's starting to do my head in (and hers I'm sure). So am probably in for a rough night. Man I hope she gets these damn teeth out before July!

Sponsored Links

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:15pm
Sorry to hear about your troubles LBP. Hope it gets better soon.

My appointment was pretty crap TBH. Waited for ages, they were grumpy old woman I left feeling like crap and annoyed i even went. I just got tested for a UTI

Ive been such a grump today, DD has been a handful and painted her room with POO. So ive had a cry & laugh now i just want to sleep lol

Jax is your referral to talk about C sec. Do you know if they will give you one? or can they decline?
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:35pm
The referral is just to discuss birthing options. I'm pretty sure I can elect to have one, but they will probably recommend natural. Who knows. I think it also depends on how my BP goes and size of the baby etc as all that can contribute to the decision. I have a feeling this baby is going to be large and to be quite frank, I don't think my body can cope with a larger baby than 8lb!

Meegiemoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meegiemoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:34am
Hey ladies, bubs is still really low and not moving much at all. Got stuck on the loo at work, everytime I got up I felt a strong urge to pee again. Was in there for half an hour! Then spent the rest of the arvo trying not to wet myself. Charming.

Sorry to everyone whos having a down week. Lots going on!

Bec, I highly recommend a massage. Make sure they have a preggie chair or bed though before you book, lying on your side just dosent cut it! The lady I see is only $35 for a half hour. And its totally worth it (unless we gossip through the whole session then I feel like I havent had one at all)

At my last MW appointment, she asked if we wanted to choose the date and be enduced. She was all pro being enduced anytime after 37 weeks. DF was all on for it to as he is away most of the week days but still... Hello!! Im here and Im the one giving birth and I dont want it to be full on intence from the start! Thought this was a bit odd...

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:37am
I have MW today. Hope she can tell me where baby is positioned. He moves so much she hasnt been able to so far.

Does anyone else have alot of pressure down below. It hurts to walk most days now. Im thinking baby could be head down. Or perhaps its just because its my 2nd i feel like this so early
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:17am
I have mw today too. My baby was head down at the scan on Wednesday, they said she could still move but it's normally a good sign. My mw examined me before I went to the hospital and she couldn't tell which way baby was and OB that examined me couldn't either, guess at this stage they are still relatively small so must be hard to tell.
I've got pain kind of under my bump, which is worse when I'm on my feet for a while, is it that sort of pain sms? or is it more the bowling ball between the legs sort?

Meggiomoo I personally wouldn't be getting induced unless it's totally necessary, often induction leads to other forms of intervention so why risk that if it's not 100% needed?

So tired, up 3 times to pee, once for an aftershock (which woke the kids up too) and then again at 5 to resettle little one. All that on top of not being able to get to sleep cos I was so uncomfy. On my second coffee already

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:23am
There is no way i want an induction either. Bet since ive said that this baby will still be happily in my belly at 42 weeks As long as he comes in July ill be happy

Woops im on my 2nd coffee already too Im so sick of broken sleeps

For those with children did anyone of you successfully use rescue remedy for early labour at home? im wondering if it will help at all. Labour with dd was long so need anyhelp to keep me at home longer.

Thats so weird Meegiemoo. Ive never heard of a MW being so pro induction. Maybe she has a holiday planned

2boysnbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2boysnbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:28am

i am with everyone on the rough night. DS2 getting rest of molars, DH grumpy cause he had to resettle DS2 a few times (so did i and not to mention that i will be the one up heaps ina couple of months time)... then it was the hosp visit yesterday that dragged on... i knew i wasnt in labour and baby is breech so there was no effacement or engagement yet but they had to be sure. ended up being put down as my IBS and UTI history all playing silly buggers with my uterus. Oh so much farkin fun! not fair and am so over this pregnancy already. the other two pregnancies i had so much excitement and this one is so different. maybe i need to refocus and start thinking that i am enjoying it and trick my mind....

ok vent over. DS's went to a friends house at 7am so that she could drop them off to daycare today as am too sore to drive anywhere. its nice having friends like that :)

off back for a morning nap. traffic really busy outside so dont know how much will be slept thru... need an energiser i think? If only there was V drink for preggers lol

DS1 (20.11.06) 5 years
DS2 (15.09.09) 2 years
DinoMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DinoMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:49am
2bnb hope your nap goes well! ...and keep your legs crossed you are supposed to have your baby around the same time as as other palmy girls! ...prob 1st tho!

baby has moved I think... geeeeeeez the down below punches are gobsmacking! Not a pleasant feeling AT ALL! Pretty sure the head is down... will find out next week at my scan!

We live down a long drive way and I had my car parked outside the front door (unlocked cos I'm a dick) and someone came in and took my wallet out of my glovebox oh the inconvenience! The passenger door was left open and glovebox left open, DP thought I was just having a preggy moment..

No cash was in there and promptly transferred all my cash from debit card into joint account via internet banking... still - now I need to get all my cards back!!!! STOOOPID Robber...

Fingers crossed I'm not going nuts and I find it later on today ahaha (but then it would be super cool if I did!)

Edited by lexiloo
Nicole1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:48am
That's kinda random Meegiemoo. I mean, I guess in a sense it's the same as picking the date and going for an elective c-section but it's also really quite not. Somebody mentioned earlier that being induced increases the chances of needing some other intervention. I have heard that too, and that each intervention you need increases the chances that you'll need the next one. Did she go through the pros and cons with you and your partner? Or did she just put it out there as an option that she was keen on? I wonder if SMS is onto something, maybe she wants it out before her holiday!

2bnb, sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable. Given that, I can totally understand why you might be ready for this to be all over. Let us know if you manage to talk yourself into enjoying it, we may need strategies if we go 2 weeks overdue going stir-crazy at home and just can't wait to meet baby.

Lexi, that totally sux about your wallet. Lucky there was no money in it but TOTALLY frustrating to have to cancel all your cards and stuff. Don't forget to do things like library cards and video cards. That can get expensive. Thieves can be so daring can't they, you think you'd be okay right up a long driveway. You hear stories about people being burgled while they're in the house (upstairs in bed usually) and the burglers aren't usually even in any great hurry, leisurely loading stuff into the car and helping themselves to food and drink etc. Totally freaky!

I working from home today. Network playing silly buggers with me so not achieving as much as I'd like. That and I'm sitting here looking around at the clothes rack with hubby's shirts on it and the clothes basket full of clothes that need ironing and the pile of clothes on the couch that needs folding and the pile of dishes on the bench that need washing... I've been really struggling to care about work since the day I found out I was pregnant. My care cup is getting emptier and emptier and I still have 4.5 weeks to go. Still, I guess if that's my biggest complaint I'm pretty lucky.
2boysnbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2boysnbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 11:23am

oh no Lexi! unfair! W4nkers arent they? yaye for the elec coming thsi weekend too. cant wait to see the progress for the babys room and IF this prompts DP to start gibbing those walls :)

am thinking of having something with some friends to celebrate this being my last baby. dont need a baby shower or 'last night' out as have had those with my other two so am wondering if there are any suggestions. kinda hard to organise something cause i have no idea what this baby is gonna do... maybe just an arvo tea or something? hmmm ...

DH just had an argument with ACC so proud of him cause usually i do the battles for him for his business but am thinking he actually probably more on to it then what i give him credit for. :)... am thinking i can probably leave a lot of the business stuff to him now esp once baby 3 comes along... who ever thought LOL LOL

DS1 (20.11.06) 5 years
DS2 (15.09.09) 2 years
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:23pm
My Midwife appointment went well. I got given a fair amount of info today. Vitamin K info. Has anyone thought about what they are going to do yet?

Also MW tried to tell me to get flu jab, hehe was kind of funny i just said NO.

I am so worn out. Seems i getting way more tired than DD now Although ive caved and let her watch Dora so she hopefully falls asleep just so i can nap

Has anyone come across a good hospital list of things you will need?
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:25pm
Why are days off so busy? So this has been self inflicted busy but why do I find it so hard to sit and take it easy?

Our new place has a pull out washing line and the post it hooks onto was hidden and unaccessable in some over grown trees. The property manager assured me these trees would be trimmed ASAP.... back in march when we moved in. Well today I got a bit pissy about having to put yet another load of washing through the dryer so I attacked the trees with a junior hack saw! I then had to "restring" the washing line as the lines were all tangled. It's now too late to get washing dry out there but yay I have a washing line!!!!!

Think I might try some taking it easy this arvo lol.

Stink to hear people have been having rough nights. Hope you get some rest today.
Kiwifruit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwifruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:28pm
I'm just getting so excited about meeting this new baby now I'm passed 30 wks! I keep forgetting about the labour bit but I think thats my way of being positive and not letting myself worry

Seem to be only getting up once a night for toilet visits which is nice. Always pleasently surprised if I sleep through, bit like when DS started to sleep through the night (didnt happen a lot until he was after one year). Just got given a bag of maternity clothes from a friend so its nice to be able to add to my limited wardrobe

I am about to make some orange marmalade muffins...got given a cupcake and muffin recipe book for mothers day so keen to start trying some out

Meegiemoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meegiemoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:42pm
Thats sucky Lexiloo!! Grr to robbers! Im loosing my memory big time and DF is just being mean about it becasue I can never remember where I put things. I honestly spend most of my time looking for my darn phone and keys!!

Yeah maybe she is trying to skyve off on holiday or something. No she didnt go through all the pros and cons of being induced, luckily antenatal class did but DF missed that one. Its not happening unless Im over 2 weeks late. It just annoyed me that she was treating it like it was no big deal, just have your baby when were ready kinda deal. And saying to DF about him not wanting to miss it because he was away. Sure, thats a concern of ours but we'll deal with it when the time arises. Sheesh!

MrsMJD, your ticker cracked me up! I totally need to lay off the cake lol.

LittleBoPeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBoPeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:20pm
SMS, I have what I think is a similar problem, it is to do with the ligament holding the pelvis together. I have a referral for physio to get a brace (you can buy them online but are free and fitted for you at physio.
Big hugs to the other people having crappy times. Very true whoever said when it rains it pours! Well I guess things can only get better!
MrsFred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:25pm
Just a little grumble here about my girlfriends maybe I'm being to petty, slap me if I am. But all my girlfriends complain that when anyone gets preggers they become anti-social and seem to drop out of our group, so I've been trying to organise a fun daytime activity for us all, including the girls that now have kids, to go to and have a good catch up. Its painting ceramics so something different to do on these wet weekends will only cost $15-30, so cheaper than most nights out. But of course all the excuses are coming in thick & fast that they're poor, which is rubbish as I know they are all going to boozy parties over the next few weeks which will cost them a pretty penny in booze. Why won't people do things socially if they don't involve alcohol, man it really F's me off
Anyway gripe over just needed to tell someone (so you gals get to hear it!)
2boysnbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2boysnbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:32pm

MrsFred i would come with you! (if we were the same area) That sounds like an awesome idea and right up my alley on things to do... better than being boozy and having kids, it really doesnt mix at all! my good time is just a really good gossip session and a meal, but might look into that ceramic thing in Palmy... i think you are great for organising it and whoever doesnt turn up then thats there beef not yours and at least the ones that do go are really wanting to be there.... have you given plenty of notice to them? sometimes it is hard to organise and rsvp to something that is coming up but if there has been some warning then yeah he $15-30 shouldnt be toooooo much of an issue either.

Gripe away, thats what i like about this forum lol

DS1 (20.11.06) 5 years
DS2 (15.09.09) 2 years
lhw312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhw312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:00pm
MrsFred- i think im in the same boat as you.. hardly ever see friends anymore. Although my friends seem to be more willing to do things that dont involve alcohol, but we can never seem to get everyone together at the same time (always a couple of people missing). This sunday we're having a "tea party", can't wait to see all of them. Maybe the last time before I have baby, just can't be bothered going anywhere anymore.

My back, and feet have been quite sore this week, definitely feeling the extra weight..im just so physically exhausted everyday, and haven't been able to get comfy at night, baby is sitting too high and its making it hard to breathe properly. Hopefully she moves down a little in the next few wks.

On the upside it looks like we've finally got a place to move into. We've been living with my parents for the past 6 months, struggling to find an appropriate rental, and real estate agents turning us down before we even looked at the property because we have a baby on the way (WHATS EVERYONE GOT AGAINST BABIES??!?}..
but now it seems we've found one, handed in our application today, and the agent said he didnt see any reason why we wouldnt get it, and would let me know tomorrow. FINGERS CROSSED!
JessiReha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessiReha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:19pm
lhw- great to hear that you most prob have a place to move into! Must be a relief for you!!!
Mrs Fred- I never get invited to anything anymore!!!! I have quite a social group of mates and before i got pregnant we used to out for dinner heaps, now I hear of them all going out and their reasons for not asking me is always " Oh well you can't drink, and you get tired". Pisses me off because I really like food and so what if i can't drink. Still able to talk and have fun!!!

Had a little freak out this morning when i went to bathroom. I wiped (sorry TMI) and had tiny red spot of blood. Not 100% sure if was coming from my vagina as I had some discharge at the same time and the blood was like a little further 'back' if you know what i mean. Maybe popped a blood vessel or something??? Totally gone now, but that sight of red freaked the sh*t outta me. Anyone had anything like this ?
Rang my MW and just have to keep an eye on it and make sure I don't have any pain etc.

Sooooo tired after teaching my 2 BodyPump classes yesterday and 1 at lunchtime today. Worked at gym for 11.5 hours yesterday too and same again today, tomorrow and friday. Doing 7 days this week. Can't WAIT till the owner gets back next week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 262>