FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2011 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 262>
Author
chimchim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimchim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Meegiemoo Meegiemoo wrote:

MrsMJD, your ticker cracked me up! I totally need to lay off the cake lol.

I totally cracked up at the same thing

Dont know about your MW suggesting induction so off handedly meggiemoo. Seems a bit randon eh? MW's are usally not the pro intervention from what I have heard.

Maybe you should ask her why she recommended it to you? Might be interesting.

Have my MW this arvo - just routine I guess. has anyone gone over their birth plans with their MW yet?
Sponsored Links

MrsMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:55pm

2bnb - glad to hear nothing eventuated with your hospital visit - Lexi and I are resigned to the fact you're going to queue jump at Palmy hospital   but we would all like it if he/she is still a july baby    There's a good ceramics place near the old railway pub - Kazart i think it's called - i took R there to make his mum and grandparents their xmas pressies - heaps of options for things to make and reasonably priced.  For your last baby celebration what about high tea?  Barista do a fabulous one - booking is essential though as it's very popular!

yay for a rental lhw312!!!!!  don't know what they'd have against a baby -  they're certainly less destructive than a toddler (or a clumsy adult for that matter!!!!) 

Grrrrr lexi - that absolutely sucks about your wallet!!  it's such a hassle getting new cards

Meegiemoo - that's def a bit weird for her to be pushing for an induction - i know every midwife is different but mine has warned me she won't even touch me until 2 weeks over unless there's a good reason to which is fine by me (of course i say that NOW........  )

JessiReha - geez hun look after yourself!!!! hope the owner appreciates all the extra effort you're putting in while he's away   Can totally understand how the blood would have freaked you out - am sure it's nothing but it's natural to worry!

I've been feeling a little bit more irritable and emotional lately - poor DH.   On the plus side my groin/pelvis pain has eased which is nice   Am off down to Invercargill and Stewart Island for a couple of days for work at the end of this week - looking forward to it.  Am heading out on a paua dive boat for a day - god i hope i don't get seasick!!!!!!  have also designed my baby shower invites and mum is going to send them out - having it on the 12th June so will be almost 35 weeks - wow can't believe how the time is flying!  My friend dropped off her bassinet the other day so sloooooowy starting to get organised - yay! 

Meegiemoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meegiemoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:03pm
Jessi, Ive had hemorrhoids since having DD. Starts off with blood (out of the back end) but mine was heaps of blood not just a tiny amount. Id have a wee freak out too!

I know, weird. I wouldnt think they are pro induction either. Maybe she was trying to make sure DF will be there since we had just finished talking about him delivering the baby? Who knows...

Yip we did our birth plan last week. I wasnt sure what I will want or anything so I just left it open with lots of options available.

Is anyone having the stem cells collected at birth? We need to do a tad more research into it before we sign up but it seems like a darn good insurance policy on his future if anything happens to him. I really wish I was in a better place when I had DD to get hers collected too. Has anyone heard any feedback on this topic?

MrsFred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:22pm
Well they've got 2 & 1/2 weeks notice, thought that was OK time wise, considering boozey nights seem to be arranged only a week if not days in advance. So far there are 3 girls & one 12 yr old so 5 of us in total guess its small but will be nice, as you said those that do come will want to be there
I've never done it before but thought it looked fun & heard good things will let you know how it goes. This place lets you bring along your own food & drink as well and cater your own parties which is cool if anyone needs ideas for kids parties in Auckland: www.paintcreate.co.nz

Yay on finding a place Ihw! hopefully you can tick that one of your list before the weekend.

MrsMac I'm with you on the irritable and emotional front. Had a few things happen on the weekend that I was festering away on, when I finally plucked up the courage to air it with DH last night it all sounded rather pathetic and pointless which made me even more angry, this time at myself for dwelling on it.

Anyway putting my happy face back on I'm determined to make it through the rest of the week with a smile on my chops atleast
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:35pm
Meggiemoo we did stem cell storage for both boys, we're not doing it this time, we figure we have two stored and although nz law currently says the blood can only be used for the person it was taken from I"m sure that could be challenged if need be. Although I may change my mind last minute and order a pack. It was fine with both boys just means you can't have a physiological third stage, so you do need to weigh that up, S was a c/s birth so wasn't a concern with him anyway. They won't do the collection if there is any problem with baby or you that means it can't be done so that's something to be aware of as well as you still pay for the pack even if you never use it. We see it as an insurance policy, hopefully one that never needs to be used. If you have any questions about it feel free to pm me.

Lexiloo that sucks about your wallet.

Had mw everything ok, onto fortnightly visits now, eek, not long

Accountant has said they will fast track my accounts so I can get ppl sorted so need to do my end of year accounts, urgh I so hate paper work. I want to finish work in 2.5 weeks as well but my boss has gone to America and really don't want to say, "hey see ya" the second he gets back, wondering whether to e-mail him about it, hmmmm hate e-mailing about important stuff.

Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:51pm
Gee you ladies can chat!

My brain is fuzz, so can't remember all I've read, but yeh I don't get invited out much anymore. My friends here are mostly boozers! Am looking forward to catching up with a good friend down in Welly, we have very 'easy-going' activities planned. And I've told her as little walking as possible

I think baby is moving down a bit. Belly feels a bit lower. Will be nice to stop getting these kicks in the ribs!

Had my usual awake time at 3am this morning. I don't know what causes it, but it's usually bang on 3am and I am WIDE awake am usually awake until about 5:30am. During that time I had a small panic attack about coping with a toddler and a newborn. Funny how these things seems so much worse in the middle of the night. I woke up and thought what was I so worried about?!

YAY Grey's starts again soon. Have booked the remote for 8:30.

.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:50am
Shoot, forgot to mention earlier, Countdown have Select brant Infant size disposable nappies 48 pack on special for $5, a saving of $16. Not sure how long this is for, or if they're any good, but I'd rather spend $5 on them now than $21 later on!

Did my birthplan at my 26 week appointment, as my support person wanted info on what his job is and what he needs to do.

I've got baby brain, too, did two rounds the Warehouse carpark before I remembered where I'd parked, then did the same at the supermarket!

Oh well, I'm off to bed before I walk myself up to the dairy for Pringles, chocolate and ice cream at 1am, haha.
DinoMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DinoMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:39am
oh Bec- thanks for the nappy sale, will check it out!

My midwife said we won't do the birth plan til later...can't remember when, but hopefully soon! (not that I even know what i want yet anyway!

2bnb - high tea sounds good, yeah I've heard that barista are pretty good at it!

mrsmac - yay for the normal feeling hoohaa! and have fun on your trip - I'm sure you will be fine re. seasickness - do you usually get it?

Time is GOING FAST! ejoying the ride still, hope to get the pram with MIL in the next week or so (before she goes on holiday thru to early July!)...was supposed to be yesterday - but that came and went quickly!
Nicole1985 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:45am

Is stem cell collection the same thing as cord blood collection?
DinoMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DinoMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:11am
nicole, i was wondering the same thing,

i looked into cord blood, and it costs $3k to get the sample and a few hundered each year to store it...not very accessable for those without the extra cash.
lhw312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhw312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:14am
Yeah I dont think we'll be doing the stem cell thing. Just can't afford it at all at the moment.

Also im having a c-section, so dont know if they do it when the babies been born that way.

YAY!!! we got the house! move in date is the 27th! such a relief. I have been barely coping with the 25 stairs in my parents house...
cupcaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:35am
Phew, you girls can talk! Sorry to the people who are having a crap time But yay for the people who now have houses to move into - I'm hoping your good luck rubs off on me!

We are doing the cord blood thing - as we're both working and earning decent $ we thought we'd do it while we can. Might be a different story for any future kiddies though. lhw312 - I'm having a c-section and my OB is happy to do it in that situation.

I'm with you all on the friend thing too - most of the people we see now are preggers too or have kids. It's an uphill battle to hang out with my single/kidless friends now - even my best friends! So silly and unnecessary. My not drinking doesn't stop them having a wine or two!

MrsFred, the ceramic painting thing is awesome! We did it for MIL's birthday a while ago and everyone loved it.
MrsMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:29am

I haven't spent much time on boats before so don't know how i'll be!   I'll miss our second class of antenatal tonight which is a shame - DH is going anyway and has promised to take notes!  It was our turn to take supper so was on a baking mission last night make sultana bran muffins and choc chip cookies - hadn't done baking in ages and they looked sooooooo yum........  haha hope DH doesn't take all the credit for them   Heading to the airport in half an hour, enjoy your week everyone!

Sez26 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sez26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:29pm
Sorry haven't been on here for a while and trying to catch up on how everyones doing.

Would have loved to collect the cord blood for DS and for this one, but unfortunately we can't afford it.

Glad to hear that everyone seems to be surviving pregnancy.

Jessi and Meegiemoo: I've been sufferring with haemorrhoids on and off since having DS. Nothing major just a little pea sized one that pops out every now and again. I have a feeling it's going to get nasty after the birth though. I would recommend getting some good cream (prescribed by your MW) and pushing them back up. Some people just leave them hanging out, but I think that's the most uncomfortable part. Unless they have massive ones, that can't easily be pushed back in??? Sorry TMI.

Chatted to a lady today at music and she was telling me that she's had all three babies (singletons) before 7 months. How inspiring it was talking to her and how she managed with babies in special care. Made me realise I better start organising the nursery.

Sorry bit of a vent... I've got so many knots in my shoulder blades it's horrible. I make poor DH give me a decent massage every night now. I think it's partly from having poor posture while pregnant and carrying my 16kg toddler around. Is everyone else finding it increasingly difficult carrying and lifting their other children? I'm now making a consertive effort to only lift DS when I have to e.g. into the car, highchair, cot.
emmakm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmakm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:52pm

I forget who it was who initially asked about birth plans... but we're starting ours on Monday, will be 29 and a half weeks... MW said we're not doing it all in one go, just beginning to talk about it, as she likes women to know what they're getting themselves into re pain relief etc, and allows time to think about everything. And I was really keen to have it nutted out before about 34 weeks, as there are a lot of prem babies in my family..

Am kind of annoyed at DP at the moment... I just want to start redecorating the nursery, but DP wants to wait until the money from EQC comes through, so we can just buy all the stuff we need in one hit rather than do little things each weekend...  I think I'm just paranoid that this baby will arrive early, or I'll be too big and uncomfortable to be able to help and then set up all the furniture and baby stuff when it's finished...

chimchim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimchim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 2:50pm
I would be starting to get a little annoyed if nothing had been done in our nursery emmakm. I think it is part of the nesting thing - I feel physicially uneasy when I walk around the house looking at all the unfinished things we have.

Can you maybe make a plan to do something small each weekend - even if the money dosnt come from EQC you will still need to have the room sorted eh?

I was asking about birth plans coz we havent done one yet and Im starting to feel like we should be talking about it (32 weeks tomorrow).

Marys Market this weekend at Freemans Bay for anyone in the Auckland/Hamilton area - think I will go and check it out.
Has anyone been before?
JessiReha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessiReha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:02pm
My MW started our birth plan at 26 weeks and we have been doing a little bit at each appointment.
Am feeling really ugly and gross today. MW not too sure what is causing the tiny dots of blood on loo paper but pretty sure its not coming from anything internal as my discharge would be pinky coloured and it was only once yesterday and one dot first thing this morning.. Prescribed me antibiotics in case of UTI and then thrush cream as she said i would get thrush after taking the antibiotics. Delightful.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:27pm
You can still do cord blood banking with a c/s, my first was a c/s and it wasn't an issue, my friend had emergency c/s and they still did it for her baby as well (wasn't a crash emergency though, as I think that would change things for sure). It is expensive but then again not really when you factor it in over a life time rather than just the one off cost, we pay $1400 a year for our other insurance, house and cars so really a one off $3000 is not that much. The first time we did the finance cos they had a really good scheme and then the second time we just slapped it on the credit card. It is a real shame the way our system is set up though, in the UK and the US and probably other places too you can donate the blood and it's just collected for free and then used for which ever children need it.

Emma my DH started doing the nursery cos he got sick of waiting for eqc, I'm a bit miffed about it cos a) now eqc won't pay for that room, or I doubt they will anyway, and b) the baby is gonna be in with us for at least the first 6 months so she doesn't actually need a room until the start of 2012 so we could of waited. But oh well, he broke his elbow and got bored at home so I guess it's kept him busy.

Work today, was so not in the mood for it. Told the guy I'm working with that I will probably finish end of May, just need to talk to boss when he gets back from US. Had a weird convo with the operations manager about boobs and breastfeeding, operations manager is male...lol He does have a 3 week old baby though so wasn't entirely inappropriate. The guys I work with told me they don't want to deliver the baby, but if I do go into labour they won't be able to help till they've written up the procedures manual first!

My birth plan is to have an accidental pain free home birth, one of those ones you hear about where the woman didn't even know she was in labour.

2boysnbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2boysnbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:31pm

lol my birth plan is go with the flow... the last labour was so quick that didnt need to action anything really it just happened.

MW knows that i want Gas, Skin to SKin if can, delayed cord clamping and Vit K injection and thats all that really was important that i needed to mention to her :)... hubby cuts the cord but cringes at it thou lol but will still do it...

have had two babies in neonates so not scared about if baby comes early cause i have such high respect for the MW and nurses :)

DS1 (20.11.06) 5 years
DS2 (15.09.09) 2 years
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 5:03pm
haha good luck with that cuppatea! Would love that birth plan too

Sez26, am finding carrying DD VERY hard now. I only lift her where necessary, although DC drop offs are hard because I can't put her down due to so much crying! Might have to get DH to do drop offs too when he's a bit quieter at work.

Am so knackered today, day at home tomorrow doing housework I think. And sorting the nursery. Am feeling so frustrated about not getting it finished, but I can't really until we get the cot in there etc. I can see it all becoming a very last minute job.

Better go get DD's tea ready.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 262>