FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2011 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 262>
Author
lhw312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhw312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:42pm
Thanks for the heads up on the free delivery codes thread... will try it sometime. HATE going to the supermarket!

Had MW this morning, everything was good with baby (right size, nice heartbeat etc).. talked about Vitamin K (i've decided my baby will have it when shes born), talked about skin to skin when im still asleep (im having a c-section under general anaesthetic, as I can't have an epidural due to spinal surgery).. and talked about support people (my husband, sis in law, and my mum).

MW pushed obstertrician into giving me an appointment next tuesday (after waiting nearly 3 months for one) to sort out where im giving birth etc, the stupid OBs have thrown me around so much!
Sponsored Links

MrsFred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:45pm
OK I'm blonde I know but where in the General grouping is the discussion thread with free shopping codes?? I can't find it and have been looking for 15 mins, I must be blind Can someone give me more specific directions as DH talked about it and the delivery charge was the only thing that really put us off, would be awesome to get it, even without bub here yet as there are never enough hours in the day!

Oh & my reflux is getting sooooo bad, it burns Please tell me it gets better I'm not even 30 weeks so have ages to go and seriously contemplating stopping eating as it makes me feel so
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:52pm
Online shopping codes

Ive been having really bad reflux too Mrs Fred. I was up for 2 hrs last night with it. I normally take something before bed so i can get to sleep but it came on around 2am I think im going to buy some liquid stuff so i can have it asap if i wake up.

Another tip is raising the top of the bed. I have a head board so just placed 2 bits of wood under each post to raise it. Dp doesnt mind.

Good Luck with your appointment lhw312

Im making butter chicken for dinner. Nom Nom

MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 6:56pm
I've use online shopping a fair bit (more often from now on) and find that even with the delivery charge I spend less than I would if I actually went to the supermarket (not even counting the fuel I'd use driving there and back).

I love that I can see the total as I go, get up and check if I need something (rather than getting it to be on the safe side, 3 bags of red lentils later...), you can avoid the sections you don't want to spend money in (and the unnecessary specials) and that I can see what meat is on special and write my meal plans based on that.

If you really REALLY don't want to pay the delivery fee (or are hampered by hubby) you can shop online and go collect everything from the local distrbution centre all bagged up and ready to go. Or better yet make Hubby go get it!!

I became a convert while working 12hr shifts at Starship.
.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:59pm
Anyone else used their coupons from their Bounty book?
I used the buy 2 get 1 free accessories at Pumpkin Patch today, got two super cute fluffy hats and some cool fluffy booties with little lion faces.
Wish I could afford to get all of bub's clothes from Pumpkin Patch and the flash places, but I stuck a flash leather jacket on laybuy hehe.

Does anyone know what comes in the Bounty Newborn parcels?
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:53am
I never had a bounty newborn pack with DD. Not sure if ill get one this time either

Ive used the coupons for the nappies etc.

I was up all night with a headache. My head and body feel all achy like im getting the flu but its yet to come on bad. I keep getting ear aches too
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:32am
Aww SMS that stinks feel better soon!

No idea whats in the newborn Bounty Packs sorry Bec.

Finally got to the end of my bra's not fitting rope and got 2 new hotmilk bras from the breastmates website. Tip from my sister if you started with "generous" boobs look for their full cup range and go a cup size up on what you think you should be wearing.
I can totally agree with this I have a hotmilk 14F which has 3/4 cups and I've been spilling out for weeks, where as my 14E Triumph bras (full cup) have been fitting perfectly until this latest growth spurt. So I've ordered full cup 14G's (good grief ). I was a DD before I got UTD, those books that say you only go up a cup size LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kazcet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazcet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:27am
Hee hee I am a 14G too.
Got bigger with every baby until number 4 (then kinda stayed gigantic or matronly as my mother says)

Bounty packs are mostly advertising, coupons,maybe magazines, samples of nappies, creams, nursing pads,My last pack had a free little cotton wrap with words all over it in different languages saying things like "I love it when you sing to me"

My Babies-(1) DD-16y,(2) DS-14y,(3) DD-11y,(4) DD-8y,(5) DD-1y,(6) DS-Due 16th July 2011
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:55am
Woo you ladies all have big boobies Im a DD and i find that hard, although i might be looking for E bras now.

I didnt have little miss last night so had a very good 9 hours sleep. No toilet wake ups. It was fantastic!

Weather is very bad here today
DinoMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DinoMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:30am
yeah you have got big boobies! Haha, I would look ridiculous with large boobs, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to stand up haha! I'm happy with my D's

Yay have three males around at my house pink batting, wiring and gibbing the baby room, I am the happiest person in the world hehe.

love to you all - happy sunday - baby being a right spaz in my tummy, must say the kicks and squirms are nearly at 'your hurting mum' stage, all good at the moment, lets keep it that way!
kazcet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazcet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:55am
Lexi- yay for the Babies room getting going

My renovations are almost finished (estimated 2-3 weeks more) and then I can move DD into a bed to free up the cot for baby (no bassinets here as my babies are too active too soon and don't last in them so I put them straight in the cot now!)

My Babies-(1) DD-16y,(2) DS-14y,(3) DD-11y,(4) DD-8y,(5) DD-1y,(6) DS-Due 16th July 2011
minicc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:17am
Hey all
Don't post much on here- Facebook so much easier! :-)
Now... I bit forgetful as I read through all the posts... however...
Whoever was talking about thrush- probiotics are safe during pregnancy, good for thrush, and if you on antibiotics a must!
Whoever ws talking about quitting smking, the book to read it Alan Carrs Easy way to quit smoking. I bought this for an ex of mine after being told about it by several people. This one book has been passed from person to person in my family and friends and has had 1 100% success rate in my circle. They also do courses if not a reader but book is really easy to read- each chapter is only 2 pages ish so can just do little chunks at a time. Although most people tend to read quick. I actually read some of it when my ex was giving up and found it interesting as some of what I was doing actually wasn't helping him!

Having trouble sleeping at mo. I hear its your body getting used to no sleep before baby comes. Making work very hard!

Yes DP cut the new whole for the wardrobe. Have to get custom made doors, then paint... Nesting urges in there terrible- so want to start setting up! Hopefully not too much longer now.
DinoMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DinoMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:22pm
yay pink bats up - most of the gib up (will be finished thurs) then gib stopping this weekend - then to paint!

I AM ONE HAPPY PREGNANT WOMAN!

Kazcet - such a good feeling when everything gets sorted eh?
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:53pm
Yah how exciting Lexi!!!

Arhhhhhh need new clothes. My maternity clothes i have just arent comfy. Im just going to keep a look out on TM, not long to go now
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 7:15pm
Dh has worked 12 hours all weekend, well longer today cos he's still at work and he started at 6am. I'm so tired and the boys and me had a big nap this afternoon.

Two weeks of work left, so over it, really cannot be bothered.

I'm an A cup, I usually get up to a B when feeding then shrink back down to barely filling an A cup So unfair, thought having babies was suppose to help you have bigger boobies but that only seems to work for the ladies that already had big boobs to start with!

Glad all the decorating is going well.

DinoMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DinoMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 7:22pm
cuppatea i feel your pain on the A ... I'm surprised that I have sprout these little puppies...not without the nice purple stretchmarks tho...catch 22?
2boysnbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2boysnbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:17am

lol- my boobies get larger with pregnancy and feeding and i really dont know what they would go down to cause i finished BF a month before conceiving this baby so who knows? lol....

got both kids at home today and am feeling the urge to lock myself away...! need to find some inside activity to do with them. maybe some colouring in and drawing in front of the fire :)

DS1 (20.11.06) 5 years
DS2 (15.09.09) 2 years
nicki23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicki23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 9:35am
Time is flying!! I finish work on June 9th can't wait :) have taken the next two sundays off though so i'm not working 6 day weeks.

Baby shower all booked in for 11 June not looking forward to being the centre of attention at all :S

Im on iron 3 times a day... yuck! a pill in the morning, liquid iron at lunch and a pill in the evening. Hopefully helping though havent fainted even half as much as I had been and my blood pressure hit 100 last week at the doctors yay!! has been down at 75-80 over 60 or sumthin. So hopefuly with my iron and blood pressure on the rise, i'll be allowed to have an active third stage cos theyve said at the mo I can't have one in case of blood loss. and also hopefully i can use the birthing pool :) cos they say the water may lower my blood pressure more which I can't do if its still super low.

ahhhhhhhhhhh probly really boriing for you girls reading it but feels good to say to someone who at leaast understands half of it. The rain has stopped and its super sunny :)
cupcaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:19am
Hope you all had great weekends! I had an ok saturday - and a total meltdown yesterday. I'm so, so over being pregnant, giving everything up, and feeling fat and unattractive all the time. So there were lots and lots of tears, but I'm feeling better about the world today

Quick question for those who have been there - what did you wear in hospital after your c-section? I think I'll feel more human if I don't wear the hospital gowns, esp during the day, so want to know what was comfortable for you.
emmakm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmakm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:21am

So jealous of your baby room progress Lexiloo!! I haven't even started to pack stuff up yet, as I know it will be ages before it even gets started...  I do however have a lovely new fence with a gate in my front yard, as DP was sick of having to walk down the driveway to close the gate in the middle of the night, and also thought that it wouldn't be any good having the gate down there when madam arrives.. (we live up a ROW)

Not sure what I'll do if my boobs get bigger... already gone up 2 cup sizes to a DD, and that's big enough for me I think....

Have MW this morning... should get all my blood and GD test results back today... Although she did text me on Thursday saying that no rhesus antibodies had shown up, which she was quite surprised at considering the amount of bleeding I've had... Am a bit nervous about my iron levels though, considering that most of you ladies are now on iron supplements!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 262>