FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 113>
Author
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:37am
Welcome Tara- you can get a dating scan around 8 weeks 6-8 weeks I think (if you need one) otherwise the standard one is between 11-13 weeks.

Has Campbell always been a short napper during the day Whitewave? My DD sleeps 2-2.5 hours most days. It's great at the moment as I need to nana nap.

How is everyone feeling? Apart from waves of tiredness and bigger boobs I don't feel very pregnant yet.
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:51am
Me neither Jano1. In fact I dont even know if my boobs have grown yet. I am trying to remember back to my first pg...we were travelling and it would have been about now that I found out I was pg. I cant remember any symptoms then till probably about 7 weeks when I was extremely tired (jet lag) and nearly threw up my breakfast. Funnily enough I cant remember anything about my early pregnancy with No 2. I think Iwas still in a baby induced coma.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:16am
Welcome Tara!!

I'm jealous about big naps too as DS is only 13 months and down to one nap, which half the time is only 1.5 hours. Sometimes we get lucky though and it's 2-3 hours. He's always been a shocking napper. He was a 25 min napper at one point and I spent most of my day trying to resettle and get him to have decent sleeps. Or sitting on the couch with him asleep on my lap as that's the only way he'd have a decent nap (can't see how being forced to sit on the couch and watch tv was a problem anymore hahaha ) Hopefully this baby is a better sleeper!

I had to have a snooze yesterday at about 5pm, I was so exhausted. Luckily DH was home and was happy to let me catch up a little.   Once he goes back to work on Monday I might have to take advantage of Cooper's nap time and have a little nap myself to get through the afternoon.

Your first two were quite close together weren't they nzpiper. How did you find that? The gap for us will be 21 months.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 1:05pm
chelle, I didnt know any better. LOL. It hasnt been too bad. My eldest was stll having day sleeps when the youngest was born so that helped a bit but I was still trying to get my head around the whole parenting thing anyway (still am). THis time round I feel much better, as if I will cope easier or something.

having 2 boys close together means lots of fighting! There will be a 32 month gap this time. I hope they will all still be close and not be the "older two" and "the baby" IYKWIM
mrsmoomoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmoomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:02pm
Back from my few days on the westcoast - we went over there to tell my mum and step dad, and my brother and his fiance. We also skyped my sister who lives in London while we were there and told her.

Everyone is very very excited, mum has already started to look for new knitting patterns haha.

It feels so much realer now that we have told a few people (just parents and siblings, and the rest around 13 weeks or whenever they figure it out).

I'm 6 weeks today, and morning sickness has well and truely kicked in. After a bawling my eyes out episode today I just went and stoked up on ginger tea, crackers, nice yoghurt and fruit. Hoping that will help. It comes about all times of the day, and I HATE vomiting, i can never breathe so I panic, not happy.

Any suggestions??

I also feel totally drained. I'm always hungry, but when I go to eat I feel full and want to vomit, I spend most of my day sleeping. I am young and slim, and dont have the 'greatest diet' but I think I do ok for me. I feel as if I'm staving its development. What are your thoughts??

ARgh, so damn emotional.
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:37pm
welcome Tara and congrats

My son will sometimes have a day sleep sometimes not but if he doesnt I can get away with a movie on the couch for rest time for him

Mrsmoomoo I dont really throw up with ms more feel like im going to throw up all day like a bad hangover ifywim? you could try sea sick bands or something? I ate pretty crap with DS hence the 30kg weight gain probably, the baby will take the nutrients out of you for the babys growing purposes a pregnancy multivitiman like ellevett make help too if your not eatting very healthy?

My boobs not sure if they are bigger but they get sore thats for sure and Im tired, just had a nap with DS but I didnt get home till almost 11 last night so was a tad tired and have ms that all day hangover Im going to be sick feeling!
[/url]
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:49pm
nzpiper - maybe it will mean you'll need to have 4 hehehe but it's not a huge gap by any means anyway. My friend has nearly 3 years between her two and they're the best of friends so hopefully the 3 of them will play together

I think the main things I tried for ms were blackmores ginger pills, sea sick bands, ginger beer and lemonade ice blocks and schweppes lemonade. Not sure if any helped that much though. Actually I did have some acupuncture too and had some little needles put in my ears that stayed there (tiny with little mini plaster) for about 2-3 days. I think they helped. Not a cheap option though!!

I'm sure your diet is fine - as long as it's not all crap, but even so, I think the 1st trimester a lot of people can't stomach much of anything so just whatever you can keep down but as Kye said the baby will take what it needs from you, so maybe some vitamins if you don't think your diet is quite right. I'm finding lots of carbs is what I'm wanting at the moment. I feel like I'm starving all the time. I think MS has slowly crept in, not too bad yet, kind of similar sick feeling to how I felt last night after eating a whole packet of lollies in one go
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 8:19pm

Welcome and congrats Tara!

My DS has 1 nap a day for about 3hours.  I'm hoping he'll continue that when the next baby arrives, otherwise he'll have to get used to quiet time in his room or something.  He's always been a good day napper anyway (loves his sleep, just like Mummy )

I'm not feeling majorly pregnant either at the moment, apart from slightly bigger boobs (not sore yet tho), the occassional gross taste in my mouth.  I don't have any major cravings/aversions just yet either, although I am enjoying the occassional glass of coke with lemon wedge - don't normally drink coke either!  I know every pregnancy is different so I'm just going with the flow.

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
bex88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bex88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 8:56pm
Evening All, Crazy day here.... did a walk up Mt Pirongia with the kids (carried most of the way) was just over 4hours walking total...... I think I must be nesting wuper early or something because I then mowed the lawns and then took the dog for a walk...... crazy!! Hoping it will help me sleep better.

I have a 21month gap between 1 & 2 and will be similar between 2 & 3 as well.

We still have DS having a sleep most afternoons usually about an hour to an hour and a half. DD is still having 2 sleeps of approx 1.5 hours each...... Hoping they will both keep up at least one sleep each for a while yet, although at the moment they are sleeping at different times, so I always have one awake.

No MS here for me yet, usually kicks in about 6weeks for me..... I didn't really do anything for it.... just got used to it... although did find that I had to eat brekkie ASAP after getting up in the morning. TBH I often found that once I had thrown up once I felt better for quite a while.

As far as diet goes the baby will take anything it needs from you, so don't panic if your diet isn't perfect. Elevit or another pregnancy multivit will give you some reassurance.

Ummmm not really feeling pregnant at all, although my nipples have been really sore (I'm still BF DD), so not sure whether this is just her or being pg.
Heidi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:22pm
*lurker*

Sorry to lurk but Sat night, girls and DH in bed and I'm not tired.

Just wanted to say to wimble, I've had Toni for both my births and absolutely loved her. I cried when she had to sign us off. She is so down to earth, caring and will always try to work to what you want/would like. My DH loved her as well!

Just thought another comment helps cement a decision that is so important.

All the best for all your pregnancies.

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:05pm
Jane - Campbell has nearly always been a shocking sleeper. It was worse when he cat napped for only 45 mins at a time, when he was younger! Very occasionally he pulls a 2 hr + nap, I usually find I have to go check and make sure he's still breathing! He still wakes at night too, I'm hoping that'll get better by the time this one is born!    Chelle, I'm also hoping for a better sleeper this time - I figure those mums that have to put up with one shocking sleeper should be allowed to have an excellent sleeper the next time!

I'm still not really getting any MS, I have mixed feelings about this - glad I'm not feeling sick, but worried that I should be! I didn't get MS until 7 weeks with Cam though, so might similar this time round. Other than tiredness (which is pretty normal anyway), only other symptom is a sore nipple - like you, Bex, I'm still breastfeeding, and the right nipple is really sore when he latches! I'm thinking its increased sensitivity rather than anything else.
mrsmoomoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmoomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:43pm
Oh man, I'm so sufferings from sickness, sore breasts (so sore!! Hubby can't even touch them haha), hungry, emotions, the works!

I am well. and. truely. up. the. duff.

I found ginger tea really helped today. It made me feel like I had cement poured inside me, which was a great feeling, very steady. Am taking some crackers to bed tonight.

I hope your weekends are all going well :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 7:57am
Yay Mrsmoomoo for the symptoms! I think we are all a little jealous but may will live to regret this comment.
miss_freckles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_freckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:24am
Well I managed my first night of sleeping right through in about 2 weeks! Yay!

Other than the insomnia and the extreme tiredness all mynsymptoms seem pretty mild. Should MS kick in about now (I'm 6 weeks). I get very short waves of nausea but nothing that stops me in my tracks.

I finally sorted my MW. In Wellie they all seem to take January off! My MW isn't back till end of the month but her backup called and confirmed I'm all booked in. It was the only thing I was particularly stressed about so I'm glad that's sorted!

Hope everyone is doing well..... First day back at work for me tomorrow after 3 weeks off (groan) .....

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:34am
Im sure ms will kick in soon nzpiper I have the all day hungover and sometimes dry reach thing going on Dh has told me if he hears me say that I feel sick one more time....Im like get use to it cause Im going to feel like this for at least another 6-8 weeks if this pg is like Jaydens I dont seem to have any cravings or dislikes to any foods yet

bummer about going back to work mrsfreckle! Im glad im pretty much a sham (aside from Fridays) this pregnancy means I can sneak in some arvo naps with DS

whitewave Jayden use to be a 45min napper, I remember spending months on plunkets recommendations trying to get him to sleep for another 45min and hell I wont be wasting my time next time if the next ones a 45min napper, it drove me insane, nothing could get him to sleep longer until he was ready. Jayden also occasionally ( a few times a week) wakes up in the night too, Im hoping that stops by the time number 2 comes along too

Bex88 sounds like a mamoth walk yesterday good on yoU! Ive turned lazy over the last few weeks
[/url]
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:51am
Sounds like a few of us had catnappers and same as you Kye, there's no way I'll be able to spend the amount of time trying to resettle as I did with Cooper. But I think the sling and mei tai will be my best friends

The last few days Cooper's had heaps bigger naps so fingers crossed they continue!!!

Totally agree we'll be regretting wanting ms, I feel pretty much fine this morning.

I had my night out last night and no one asked about my drinking, but I think a few noticed but have all had babies themselves so know it's better not to ask. I'd thought before I left my tummy was already looking bigger (DH even agreed) but a few people even commented that I looked like I've lost weight (not so much this last week but I have lost a few over the last few months and was wearing a skirt so probably flattering). This morning my stomach looks normal so must have been my dinner making it look bigger last night
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:22pm
Chelle, I'm planning on getting a new baby carrier so I can wear this baby if it turns out to be another crap sleeper! I have a Natures Sway sling I got when Campbell was 6 months old, but I've heard they're a pain to use for newborns, which I can understand. Not sure what to get though - will probably depend on money. I like the look of the Manduca, but methinks DH will say no to spending $250 or so! At least I have plenty of time to investigate.

My boobs are feeling a bit sensitive at the moment, and felt just a little seedy earlier - just the right amount, it made me feel a bit more pregnant but not so bad to feel yuck! And nothing half a bag of salt and vinegar chippies couldn't fix!
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:07pm
DD was a terrible day sleeper for a whole year- it wasn't until she went down to 1 sleep that things started becoming much more predictable and she was more tired from being active. I definitely won't tear my hair out so much if I have a bad sleeper this time around as they just have to go with the flow and fit in with the first child.

Still no ms here, can't remember how far along I was when it hit last time- maybe 6 weeks? Boobs big, and my some of my tops are now very tight across the bust.
Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:08pm
Afternoon Ladies

Yet to be confirmed by a doctor but after 3 positive HPT's I think I can say I am pregnant :)
Due 15th September.

My name is Liz and this is will be our second baby, We have a beautiful little boy named Layne who is 7 months old. We definitely wont be finding out what we are having this time round too.

Am a little wary at the moment, so far have had no pregnancy symptoms, with Layne I had rediculously sore breasts a good week before I found out and the nausea kicked in not long after that, so I was rather suprised to have a positive test.
We had a m/c before we got pregnant with Layne so I am finding it so hard not to be paraniod, just have to take it one day at a time and hope for the best and maybe symptoms will just appear lol.

Hope everyone is feeling ok!

______

Angel Baby May 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 3:32pm
Welcome Liz, you are due near me. Out of curiosity when did you do your tests? I tested last Monday and got my BFP...just wondering how early that was for a BFP...it was a bloody long time coming this time (this cycle I mean).

Back to work tomorrow afternoon. I only work Mon afternoon and Wed morning so nothing too strenuous but I am looking forward to getting back into our routines. Roll on February when all the preschool activities start up again. I am trying to get the boys into swimming lessons this year. But I think the ones for my youngest are on a Wednesday. Just waiting to hear back on that.

Went for a wicked drive up to the top of the Dunstan Range (overlooks Lake Dunstan) today. We could see Mt Cook! Bit rough, but amazing scenery.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 113>