FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 113>
Author
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 5:41pm
Where are you Wimble? Are you in Dunedin? who is the MW you know? I've got Charlotte Aarden.

I hope steak and cheese pies are ok because I had a mince and cheese one yesterday. Would have prefered Steak but didnt think I could have handled finding grizzle in it.
Sponsored Links

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 5:54pm
Im sure pies are fine as long as they are hot, I had a chicken bread pie yesterday from our local deli

Man I feel its allllllll day way worse than it was with DS (I know ive said that before) but I cant believe how bad it is, vomited maybe 3 seperate times today mums driving me to Auckland for my OB appointment tomorrow so I will have to take something to be sick in with me since morning is my worst time

Does anyone else have a horrid taste in your mouth? it goes away when I eat then comes straight back after, and nothing appeals, its terrible!

and gassy!

yay for having a scan booked nzpiper exciting!

and cant remember who was going to an engagement party but good idea using the sober driver excuse

I had a read of the August thread too, Im just keeping possitive and Ive had a mc so am hoping that that was it for me ifkwim roll on 12 weeks and we can all breath a sigh of relief!
[/url]
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:27pm
Wimble, I got the Belly Belts away this morning, hopefully they won't take too long to reach you.

Kye, that foot of yours sounds painful! That along with the MS must be hard to deal with at the moment. Hope the ultrasound gives you good news, for the foot and possibly your tummy!

Yay for dating scans happening! I'm hoping I can get one when I see the midwife in February, it would put my overactive mind at ease. No sign of MS today at all, didn't even feel preg until about 5pm when I realised I was exhausted!

We have plenty of family birthdays around Aug/ Sep/ Oct too. DH is the 23rd Sep (also on the Libra/ Virgo cusp, Nikki!) - at least bubs should be born before then. Hoping my Grandad will make it to his 91st birthday on the 4th Sep, he's still going strong now!

Nikki - hope the planning for your DS2's Peter Pan party goes well, it sounds like heaps of fun! I should really start thinking about Campbell's 2nd birthday in Feb...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:28pm
feenz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:22am
Hello

Im new to this thread this is my first pregnancy. Its only early days. I'm six weeks. Nice to meet you.
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:21am
Hi Feenz congrats and lovely to meet you too, everyone in this thread are lovely

ms kicked in nzpiper?

after I posted last night before I made dinner I had a massive felt better after, dreading the car ride today to auckland, at least mum is driving!

thanks whitewave, will let you know how ob and foot scan go and thats cool that your grandad is 91 and birthday around your due date! my gran is turning 90 this year so will have to go to Wairoa where she lives and visit her (I hate going to wairoa! if any of you have ever been there?) it amazes me though I still think shes 80 I was shocked when I found out shes turning 90, shes fraile body wise but as sharp as a knife mind wise! I hope Im like that one day! when Im really old, still onto it

[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:25am
MS felt like it was there yesterday. Not so bad today...yet! No spewing thankfully but nothing I ate made me feel better. Just had that full feeling at the bottom of my throat. Oh joy!

Driving up to chch this afternoon so not really looking forward to that. Have to go up as our rental is being assessed by EQC at 8am tomorrow so too early for flights. We are coming back tomorrow so very tiring!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:28am
ugh..sticky bun for breakfast what WAS I thinking.
Felixblog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felixblog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:27am
Well my mum is having another baby in September. That means I get a baby sister or brother. Mum reckons it's a girl because the pregnancy is much more different to when I was in the oven whatever that means. Anyway nice to see so many more people here.
www.felixblog.co.nz
miss_freckles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_freckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:40am
Well my MS was just as ugly as yesterday morning. Very close to that I made DP stop at a BP and get a packet of mints a shopping bag ( incase I didn't make it through peak hour traffic!!)
The ride to work was horrid, and I sipped ginger beer all the way to the office.

I went to the chemist and the pharmacist recommended the Blackmores Morning Sickness Formula and Sea Bands (for flying next week).

The good news (so far FX) is that the Blackmores tablet has worked... it takes a while to kick in, but the nausea has definitely settled, and I've managed to eat.....Yay....

Welcome Feenz.....there's a few first timers in here...This is my first too!

wimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:55am

nzpiper - I know Vicki McMillan from Sage Femme MW based in Alex, she's lovely :)

whitewave - thank you so much! 

Kye - I don't have a metallic taste but food tastes a little odd to me - things either taste better than usual or waaaaay worse, like the VitaWeet cracker yesterday morning, bleugh!  Have a safe trip to Auckland - good luck with your OB appt!

I'm avoiding reading the August thread, thanks for the warning ladies!  So sad

Feenz - welcome and congrats!  Where are you from?  This is my first pregnancy too, I'm 7weeks 1 day

Each day my MS gets worse - I felt sick all night long last night.  I kept waking up and feeling sick so I'd have a sip of water and a nibble on a gingernut and try to go back to sleep but ended up being awake from 3-4am, grr!  Then this morning I spewed   I felt a million times better afterwards but it was horrible and I can no longer drink plain milk cos that's what I'd been having to try and settle my tummy just before it happened.  I went back to bed for a lie down but that just made me feel sick again - I'm better standing up than lying down, how frustrating!  And I'm so tired now too!  Sorry about my woe-is-me cry and rant, I just feel like total shyt

Mum to 3yo Mr C
#2 due May 2015 :)
wimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:58am

Hey MissFreckle, sorry I missed your post - I got a bag of Oddfellow mints this morning, my mum swears they help settle your tummy, she had them when she was pregnant with me.  FX they work for me too!

I went past a health shop this morning but it was just before 9am and they werne't open - I wanted to get something for my MS too cos I'm such a wuss I won't be able to handle weeks and weeks of feeling like I did this morning!  Good to hear the Blackmores one seems to work

Mum to 3yo Mr C
#2 due May 2015 :)
miss_freckles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_freckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:36am
Hey Wimble...the mints are certainly helping me too, so I think mints and the Blackmores MS are going to be my fix for this. Might try and take the blackmores before I get out of bed in the morning and see if I can catch it early....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:04am
Anyone feeling REALLY emotional! I feel like bursting into tears and I dont know why. I just feel so flat. I also feel constantly dizzy. Grr!
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 4:09pm
glad you girls are getting some ms relief! I ate mints the entire way down to auckland and back and it made me feel way better, so think mints are the key! (probably get rotten teeth! ) the OB did say that MS is a great sign

and I had my obstatrician appointment this morning and he did an internal ultrasound and we saw bubs and its little heart beat, stoked! took ages to find bubs as its not a high tech machine like the ones at radiology places, but so stoked! and they are so lovely there so excited to see us back

also had an ultrasound on my foot, lady took one look at me and said its not broken your walking on it (cow!) but sure enough I have fractured a small part of my ankle so I have to wear a moon boot for a few weeks, the cow wanted me to have an xray to confirm it, I was like ahhhh no thanks!

nzpiper I havent been too emotional, only when watching silly programmes, I am snappy though!

[/url]
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 4:10pm
oh and bubs is bang on for size so my dates are what I thought
[/url]
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 4:51pm
Welcome to our new mummy's to be!

Seems like ms has set in for a lot of us now

I had my ultra sound today and all was good and we saw a little heartbeat fluttering away!! So happy to see it and it's all real, I was feeling a little nervous haha.

Measuring 4mm and he put me at 5w 6d so a few days less than I thought (due 10th Sept). It means I got a crazy dark line for 10DPO then as the two lines were the same colour!!!   I was 10 days overdue last time, so at least if I go by these dates I won't be even more overdue. Last time they were a few days different too and said because it was just a few days to stick with my dates, but maybe if I'd stuck with the radiographers it would have saved me a few extra painful (as in long and impatient) days.
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 5:55pm
yay Chelle!

quiet in here this weekend!

hows everyone doing?
[/url]
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:00pm
yeah, amazingly quiet 24 hours! More of the same for me - tired and nauseous. We told our Mum's and I'm seeing my sister tomorrow and will tell her and will call my dad and tell him too (and skype my brother as he's overseas).

We had a lovely afternoon at the zoo and western springs today. Tomorrow I'm getting a sleep in then Mum's in the afternoon and dinner which is cool.

Looking forward to the next 6 weeks being over so we can be in the 2nd trimester.   Are you less tired in the 2nd trimester? I can't remember.
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:10pm
Lurking...

Just wanted to say congrats on the good scan chelle. I'm glad it went well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 113>