FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 113>
Author
shellz_10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellz_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 9:02pm
Hi all, seems like everyone is feeling rather "yuck", I know I have been.
First week back at work, sigh. Although I have Monday off for Southland Ann. Day. Yay.
I have had MS quite bad this week, although no actual being sick. So far I have worked out that mints, gum and lollipops seem to help, also bought some sea bands. Not sure if they actually help or I just "think" they do, but o well.
Think I might try the oddfellows and maybe Blackmores MS aswell. Seems to go away early afternoon and am feeling great right now, phew!!!
Not much else to report with me, have my first MW appt on Monday, and just waiting for 12 weeks to roll on round.
Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing evening!!
Baby #1
13 months in the making!

I
Sponsored Links

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by DebandKaelen DebandKaelen wrote:

Lurking...

Just wanted to say congrats on the good scan chelle. I'm glad it went well.

Thanks Deb, was such a relief to see a little heart beating
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:16pm
Just a quick one from me, off to bed soon. I started bleeding yesterday, and don't know if I'm miscarrying or not. So far its only light (like a light period flow), and mixed red and brown blood, and I'm getting mild period pain-like cramps. I rang the midwife tonight, who said to wait and see if it gets lighter or heavier, basically, and to get some "serious rest". So DH will be busy with Campbell tomorrow, at least! She's off on holiday on Monday (typical, I always to seem to need my midwives the most when they're on holiday!), but the other midwife she works with, along with a locum, will be aware of me. She also said if I can call and request a scan if I feel I need it. Pretty sure I will, unless it becomes really obvious.
Its very frustrating, but I'm readying myself for the worst.

Sorry for the woe is me post, hopefully I'll know one way or the other soon.
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:03am
oh hugs white wave, I hope that it eases off and that you get a scan tomorrow and that it shows everything will be ok, hugs hun thinking of you xxx let us know how you are
[/url]
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 10:50am
Ugh No! Whitewave. I hope its all ok.
Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 10:54am
Big hugs whitewave, hoping for the best!
Hope you are getting much needed rest, thinking of you! xx

______

Angel Baby May 2009
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:46am
Oh no whitewave, that sounds scary. I hope you're resting up in bed today. Not sure if it helps at all but, my friend had some bleeding a couple of weeks back (about 11 weeks) and it was a cyst or something like that, so fingers crossed it stops or is just light and little bubba is safe and sound.
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:25pm
Thanks guys for the support. I'm making DH look after Campbell today, do the washing and now he's off to get groceries while Campbell's having his nap! Meanwhile, I'm watching TV with the laptop on my legs, with the recliner chair popped up!

I'm going to ring the other midwife tomorrow, and organise a scan, I'm hating not knowing what the hell is going on.

And forgot to say, congrats on a great scan, Chelle! yay for seeing the heart beating away!
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:34pm
Oh my gosh Whitewave, what a scary situation to be in.  I have everything crossed that bubs is safe and it's nothing major.  Stupid emotions have made me cry now, bah

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:47pm
Whitewave thinking of you hun, hope everything turns out okay! I had bleeding and cramping with Lexie so its not necessarily bad?

feenz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:35pm
whitewave... sorry you are worried........ rest well. I hope everything is ok and good luck with your scan.

I have BT and another scan this week. Last week they found a small amount of extra chorionic fluid have googled it but that just scared me. I'm only six weeks.. has anybody else had this before?
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 7:21am
all the best for today white wave, let us know how you get on!

Feenz no I havent heard of it, what is it? and google is not your friend

I feel armed with my morning med spray and sea sick bands, I have to go to the supermarket today which Im dreading as looking at cooking programmes make me feel sick

hows everyone else doing?
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:06am
I had to send DH to the supermarket yesterday. The very thought made me feel sick. But then we went to the market and there was a sausage sizzle...that went down well. Then I saw a mexican food stall and wanted that as well......wasnt allowed it   so my taste buds are all over the place. I seem to feel worse with apricots! Totally sucks now that its stone fruit season.
wimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:42am

Morning all

MS has well & truly kicked in now, thank goodness we didn't leave for Christchurch until 11.30am on Saturday cos I was still spewing at 10.30am...not nice!  We got lunch in Palmerston at a cafe and I ate a nibble of a cheese roll (threw the rest out), a nibble of a slice of lolly cake (threw the rest out) and ate a pottle of luke warm hot chips.  I'm such a picker at the moment and never know what I want to eat until its actually in my mouth.  Same happened yesterday morning when we went out for brunch.  Thanks goodness I didn't have MS yesterday for the trip home, it was 34 degrees in CHCH and that was unbearable with the wind cos it felt like a hairdryer blowing in your face, yuck!

I went shopping up thre and got a bargain top from Max at Dressmart that has a loose tunic type of wrap across the front, handy for hiding my already bloating belly!  I got a tunic from Farmers too while I was there and some new stretchy footless tights - its a size too big at the moment but will be good for later on - I'm wearing it today tho cos I feel very fat, its horrible!  I've already put on 2.5kg in the last 2.5 weeks, not a good start :(

I went to a health shop on friday afternoon and was recommended a nausemed relief spray by Naturopharm - I tried it each time I woke up during Friday night/Saturday morning and again all Saturday morning but it didn't work :(  gutted, what a waste of $20!

Chelle - exciting about your scan!

Kye - exciting about yours too, and now at least you know you did fracture your ankle, what a cow that woman was though!

feenz - I don't even know what BT is, let alone the extra chorionic fluid!  I agree though, google is NOT your friend at times like this!

whitewave - I'm so sorry to hear about your bleeding, I have my fingers crossed that its stopped for you now and that a scan will show that all is well with your little bubba :)

Mum to 3yo Mr C
#2 due May 2015 :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:13am
Feenz, what did you google. I come up with twins! Mind you that would scare the bejesus out of me. Wait till you get your next scan as hopefully things will be clearer there. Hope it all works out.

Whitewave, how are you going today? Still bleeding? Scary stuff. Hopefully its just baby being VERY naughty and scaring mum for no good reason. Good Luck for your scan.
bex88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bex88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:23am
Whitewave - hope the bleeding has stopped and you get your scan today and see your bubba in there all happy & healthy!!!

Sorry to here MS is really getting to some of you. I have to say *touch wood* haven't really been feeling anything at all.... don't even feel pregnant. Although I'm sure that now I have said it that it will all change.
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:41am

*lurker - Nikki I was early pg with Rico and Jett (Aug bubs) this time of year too, and I found stonefruit - moreso necterines - my fave!  I craved them and pretty much only ate them for a few weeks.

Whitewave, all the best and hope the bleeding stops and doesn't get worse!

Lurker out*

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

miss_freckles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_freckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:50am
Whitewave...I hope everything is okay....fingers and toes crossed for you.

Feenz...I used to google everything as I always worry and over analyse....I still catch myself out doing it, but with this being my first pregnancy I'm trying to stay away from it and just rely on the experts I have at hand like MW and the Dr... I ask loads of questions - I'm sure I'm annoying LOL Google is definitely not our friend in these situations..

My weekend was weird...
I woke up on Saturday morning at 2am with a terrible case of .... Ended up eating a Lemon/Grapefruit Fruju and taking a Blackmores MS remedy - and by 4am I was back to sleep.

I'm not gaining any weight - yet! I'm sure my time will come as my eating habits change....I've had more of a sweet tooth this past weekend than every before....

Shellz_10 I definitely recommend the Blackmores MS. It's working wonders for me. I have mints as well...that works for me in the car especially. This morning was much better. Had weetbix in bed before getting up, and so far so good (though I said that last time and ended up vomiting shortly after writing).

Spoke to the MW this morning, just because I was a bit worried we hadn't spoken and I go away on Saturday. She gave some tips for travel etc. and just confirmed the MS remedies were fine - which they are.

Wimble...I have a similar habit with food... I think I want a particular food until I come to eating it. It's a running joke in our house....in a one hour period, what I feel like for dinner can change a dozen times, and you can guarantee what's put on the table isn't what I actually feel like at that moment.... I can't go near any meat, not even chicken....though not a big loss given the precautions with chicken anyway. Needless to say, I'm wasting a lot of food. Salads seem to be the only winner with me at the moment.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 10:53am
I'm sitting here with the kids left over weetbix close by and I feel    But I dont want to touch them to throw them out. Also the whole house smells like a fish and chip shop gone wrong. Weird because we smoked a salmon last night....and it only smelt nice and Dh roasted potatoes and I LOVED them...yet the left over smell this morning is not good at all. And we have more salmon for tea tonight. I feel a bit bad because DH will be picking the kids up and coming home to cook tonight as I am working this afternoon. I should be preparing dinner now but just cant face it. I nearly threw up brushing my teeth so did a quick brush and then sucked on a mint. My breath may be fresh, but I know my teeth arent properly clean.

Grrr!
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:21am
I know what you mean about smells and food, I felt like sasuages last night so did home made curried sasuages but by the time I was cooking them I didnt feel like them anymore and now our house smells like curry powder!

Im finding my sea sick bands helping me feel a bit better today ladies or its the two scones Ive already eaten today
[/url]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 113>