FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 113>
Author
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:09am
I agree RAch....thats when I have found best but I just need to check its ok to use externally.
Sponsored Links

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:42am
Tea tree oil in the bath I think helps? I hope the bleeding was nothing. I had a few spots last time but was nothing as supposedly some people get a tiny bit of breakthrough bleeding when their period is due - so maybe that's all it is?

I picked my midwife from that list. I agree that feeling comfortable with them is an important thing. If you've got a particular kind of birth in mind it might be worth talking about that? Also, if the deliver at the hospital you want to deliver at.

One thing I asked this time was about rostered days off as I didn't really like the system my last midwife had as it turned out she wasn't even rostered on over my due date! This one only has one weekend a month off, so good odds that she'll be there.

My boobs feel bigger already, but no other symptoms apart from grumpiness and hunger. I felt like lamb chops last night and haven't had one since my last pregnancy as not something DH likes so we never buy. 5 weeks today! I think I better make the most of this week if MS sets in soon.
mrsmoomoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsmoomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:47am
Cool, thanks for the heads up on the MW's. I've read all the posts on them. I think I'm going to ask my friend about hers as she birthed in a clinic with a pool last time and it sounded great.

We told my inlaws last night - MIL freaked out and nearly screamed the house down, she was so excited!! It was such a great response. Husband had tears in his eyes :)

We are heading to the west coast today to tell my mum and step dad.

I vomited up bile yesterday and feel really nauseous now so don't know how I'm going to survive the 4 hr car drive.

I really hope the bleeding is nothing Nikki, all the best for the next few days ladies. Hear from you soon
xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:58am
Nah, it was nothing. I figured it was from being so raw...it was literally the tiniest tiniest bit...like a mm big. But paranoia is a terrible thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:59am
Anyone else scared of slipping up on something like FB and telling people you are pg? I find myself doing that often. Ohbaby is good for the anonomity but must remember that FB are people who know me.
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:14pm

Ouch Nikki - hope the thrush clears up for you!

Mrsmoomoo, my mw was recommended to me by a friend, so I just chose her.  She wanted us to meet up first to see if we 'clicked' and we did so I booked in with her.  She told me everything I needed to know as I didn't really know what to ask.  I have her this time too, yay 

Oh bugger, I've forgotten what I wanted to comment on and its on the other page.  Preggy brain has kicked in.

I just had a lovely nana-nap from about 10:30'ish till half an hour ago   DH took DS to the beach and it was nice to nap without DS jumping all over me, haha.  I was so tired from dragging myself out of bed at 5:15am for the gym (think I'll swap to evenings now). When I returned just after 7am and got DS up, he did the biggest poo ever, it was all over the back of his pj shirt!  Had to throw him in the shower!  Nice

I washed all my maternity clothes a few days ago and they're all hanging in my wardrobe ready to wear eventually.  Actually tbh I actually feel like I could wear some of the pants now!  My clothes are already feeling tight but I think that could be from the massive amounts of food I ate prior and during Christmas   My belly is the first place to put weight on and the last to come off.  So I prob already look 5 months pg!

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:48pm
Lurking.. congrats Nikki

wimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:14pm
Hi girls,

This is my first post, and my first pregnancy! I'm due on 2 September. I got my BFP on 29 December - completely out of the blue as hubby & I weren't trying - we're about 9 months ahead of schedule but oh well...

I look forward to getting to know you all over the next 8 months! :)

Symptoms-wise - I have tender and swollen boobs and a bit crampy with lots of twinges all day long, but no sickness yet - long may that continue!
wimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:18pm
Due 2nd September - Shellz_10 - Baby #1 It's a surprise

Due 2nd September - wimble - Baby #1 - it's a surprise!

Due 3rd September - MrsMooMoo - Baby #1

Due 3rd September - Kye - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out gender!

Due 3rd September - MissFreckle - Baby#1 - ?

Due 5th September -Lexiesmumma - Baby #2 - Will hopefully find out gender!

Due 5th September - Jacobsmumma - Baby#2 - Want a suprise this time!

Due 7th September - Whitewave - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out the gender!

Due 7th September - Chelle - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out the gender!

Due 10th September - jano1 - Baby#2 - Will be a surprise again

Due 14th September - nzpiper - Baby#3 - probably a suprise
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:15pm
*lurker*

Re Micreme-H.
This is from Medsafe guidelines that come with it:
Pregnancy and Lactation:-
Caution is recommended during pregnancy and lactation. Treatment of large surfaces and the
application under occlusive dressing should be avoided during that time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:02pm
Thanks Mucky. My GP said its mainly in the last trimester they dont like you sticking things up there and the tablet form are a big no no but the cream is fine.
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:04pm
*Lurker*

Congrats NzPiper!!!!

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:15pm
welcome wimble!

nzpiper I hope the thrush clears up soon hun sounds nasty and sore!

lol jacobsmama I feel the same! I took a look at my profile in a shop window yesterday and it wasnt pretty! this christmas indulging pregnancy indulging and no exercise with my foot injury = not pretty! I have a personal trainner and shes offered to come to my house tomorrow to do upper body, so thats nice, cant wait to get back into it!

my boobs are sore on and off but ive noticed the ms has started I feel sick on and off all day, especially if I go for big gaps of not eatting, I really didint want to eat more than I should first trimester like I did with Jayden (hence 30 plus kg weight gain) but its hard when eatting helps the ms!
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:48pm
yes I know exactly what you mean. I have tried snacking on rice crackers today to stop the nauseous feeling that comes and goes. I need to watch my diet because I have been wanting crap! I only put on about 10kg with both my boys...had some reserves to start with and I hope to not put on much this time either.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:01pm
Wow, 10kg that's pretty good. I hope on 17kg last time including a couple in the first trimester. I'd like to avoid putting any on in the 1st trimester if possible and don't have a vending machine or anything nearby so will have to either walk or drive to the dairy if I want something so at least then I'll have to REALLY want it

Welcome wimble!

I've booked in my scan for next Friday, can't wait
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:19pm
I'm hoping to not put on too much in the first trimester either as I think I put on at least 5 (total of 17).

I spoke to my mw from first pregnancy and she is stoked to take me on again. I'm not seeing her until the end of Jan as she is on holiday and am feeling pretty relaxed about the whole thing at the moment

Welcome wimble, whereabouts do you live?
bex88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bex88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:00pm
Hi guys thought I'd jump in here..... got my BFP today, although very faint. FF puts me Due 15th Sept (although as I am still BF DD will need a dating scan to confrim). Will be testing again tomorrow with FMU to confirm.

Bex great to see you in here too!!!!!! Pity we don't live closer.
bex88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bex88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:02pm

Due 2nd September - Shellz_10 - Baby #1 It's a surprise

Due 2nd September - wimble - Baby #1 - it's a surprise!

Due 3rd September - MrsMooMoo - Baby #1

Due 3rd September - Kye - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out gender!

Due 3rd September - MissFreckle - Baby#1 - ?

Due 5th September -Lexiesmumma - Baby #2 - Will hopefully find out gender!

Due 5th September - Jacobsmumma - Baby#2 - Want a suprise this time!

Due 7th September - Whitewave - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out the gender!

Due 7th September - Chelle - Baby#2 - Will hopefully find out the gender!

Due 10th September - jano1 - Baby#2 - Will be a surprise again

Due 14th September - nzpiper - Baby#3 - probably a suprise

Due 15th September - bex88 - Baby#3 - guessing it will be a suprise again

Edited by bex88
shellz_10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellz_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:57pm
Hi all, congrats Wimble and Bex!!!
Not much to report with me, feeling very un-pregnant, apart from getting really tired mid arvo and feeling yucky in the stomach, not really nauseous though. It's a weird feeling.

Back to work for me on Monday, I work fulltime as an Assistant Manager in retail, so could hit me a bit harder when I actually have to do something with my day rather than holidaying!!!

Has everyone rung their mid wife? I have chosen who I would like but haven't quite made the phonecall yet, Guess it makes it more real, maybe I'm scared. Oh uh!!!

Hope everyone is feeling ok and long may it last.
Baby #1
13 months in the making!

I
bex88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bex88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:59pm
So I'll share a bit about myself. I'm Bex (22) and my DF (27) have 2 beautiful children Alex (almost 3) and Hannah (1), so this will be #3 for us. I am a SAHM and also am studying part-time..... not sure what else to share. But have no doubt we will get to know eachother a lot better over the next few months.

As far a symptoms go, not much for me yet, although had an overwhelming urge to test today..... and look what happened ..... and would explain the needing to pee more than my toddler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 113>