FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287 289>
Author
RosieGlo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosieGlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 8:38pm
Cheers Pudgy. Checked it out last night, really helpful. And found some interesting threads about heat too.

We do get in the buggy once a day too.
Sponsored Links

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 10:26pm
Just got my poppet into bed after 7 hours awake. Our record so far is a mere 2 hours sleep between the hours of 6.30am and 10.30pm last Friday. She stayed awake in the Manduca, pram, car...everywhere. She doesn't tend to go to sleep in her pram, even when it is moving...which is a pain as I have to take my 5 year old to and from school each day. She used to always sleep as soon as I put her in the manduca but now she will often stay awake, sometimes happily, sometimes not.

How are your nights going. We are still on 2 to 3 hourly feeds although she sometimes does a longer stretch of 4 hours during the first part of the night. People keep acting shocked that she isn't sleeping for longer stretches.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
RosieGlo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosieGlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 10:32am
You're not alone Fiona! Mine only slept 3hr30min yesterday from 6.30am to 10.30pm. Every 3hr to 3 1/2hrs is normal for us. We've had one 6hr sleep, 2 5hrs, 3 4hrs. Mine is a month old. How old is yours?
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 11:31am
Lara is 6 weeks and 2 days old.

How often are they pooping? We haven't had any poo for a week. I know they say that is fine for a breastfed baby but as she feeds 2 hourly around the clock a lot of the time I do wonder where it all goes!!
myonlineself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myonlineself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:38pm
ooh Fiona - you are so in for a poosplosion :)

yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:52pm
I kinda wish mine wasn't pooing so much. He's usually during or after most feeds. Would be happy if it was just a couple of times a day, especially when he does it just after I have changed his nappy.......
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 7:07pm
hehe yecats me too. especially as i had a once a week pooer last time. poospolsions for sure but at least not many of them.

fiona we'd be similar with the night sleeps. after the first stretch which is usually 3 hours if i'm lucky, we never get more than 2 hours. just the way our babies are i think.
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 9:36am
We had a good night last night YAY! One 6 hour stretch, one 4 hour and one 3 hour.

My biggest challenge is first thing in the morning. Lara won't settle ever in the morning and I have to get my other 2 ready for the school run with the baby crying and I hate it. On the weekends I just pull her in with me when she wakes and she goes straight back to sleep in bed with me.

Through the night she feeds and goes straight back to sleep without a problem. I'm half wondering if I should treat that 6.30am ish feed as a night waking and feed her and put her straight down rather than changing her / talking to her etc. Unfortunately our room isn't fully dark in the morning but maybe it'd work. I am sure the fact she isn't settling all morning makes her overtired and hence she doesn't settle properly all day.

What time do your babies have their first proper awake time?
luv2dance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv2dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 12:25pm
HI everyone,
been a busy few weeks. Poor M has a cold which her lovely big brother brought home for her. We had a pretty unsettled night last night because she was coughing and has a blocked nose. She has been asleep on me all morning and I am still in bed in my PJ's and now she is in her bassinet awake but I can hear her snorting and sneezing a lot. Hopefully it clears up quickly. She also hasn't fed very much in the last 24hours because I think of her nose being blocked and maybe just not feeling like it. I have been offering it to her and she has had regular little drinks though which is good because I don't want her to get dehydrated. I'm so tired I can't really think. I applied for a job yesterday do I hope they don't call me today for any reason (doubt they would though) I'm still undecided about returning to work. Ideally I would like to go back to the school I already work at, but that's getting a little complicated and I am not sure I like the ideas of the other teacher that is coming back from leave... sigh. I have applied at another school. Or I could take a year and start my Masters or just be a stay at home mummy... hmmm money ideally would be nice and the would be DH's choice lol

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 7:29pm
usually around 7 here - DD1 is up between 5.45 and 6.15 so usually its whenever DD2 wakes up after that.

good luck with the work decisions L2D
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 10:53am
oh Luv2dance, your poor little one! I hope you both get some decent sleep soon.
Can anyone please tell me why my baby (or is it normal!?) strains then cries & shrieks whenever she is doing a poop?
Is there something I can do for her, is it what I am eating or just normal for babies?
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 10:53am
the poos are still 'normal' same colour & texture etc. But seems to get a lot of this shrieking/crying before a poo squirts out while she is feeding.
Kimmyf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 2:26pm
We get a lot of grunting and groaning and straight legs before Kaylee poops Mama_Tasj, so I would say it was normal.

Ours nights are great (sorry for those whos nights aren't) Sleeping through from 9:30pm till 6am up for a quick feed (like 80ml) and then back down till 8/9ish for her awake time. she is growing so fast =( in 00 clothes now. Speak of the devil... Got a stirring baby...
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 9:45pm
Wow that is a lot of sleep Kimmy! Today Lara had a total of about 1.5 hours (broken into small naps) between 5am and 7pm. Soooooooooo exhausting and mysterious! She doesn't seem in pain or colicky, but she can't stay awake happily and can't seem to stay asleep either...anywhere. Getting a bit flustered about it all but am trying to slow down and try to enjoy her which is hard when she needs so much from me and yet I have my other 2 children and home to care for. She is a lovely baby and seems very relaxed temperamentally so I really don't know what is going on with her.

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow!
spgettie68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spgettie68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 10:31pm
Hey all, isn't being a new Mum, whether 1st, 2nd or more, a huge journey! For those that are struggling with sleep at any time, day or night, it is just about the hardest thing about parenting I reckon.
There are so many questions all the time. I was wondering why Luca was pooping so often after not have had a dirty nappy for about 5 days. Now he has a very sore bottom because he poops before and during every feed. I did a little research and have found that is pretty normal. The only thing that could be a problem is that he may be getting too much fore milk and not enough of the fat enriched hind milk.
We have had a couple of great nights with him and touch wood we are in the improve at night.
I went out to a concert with my Mum tonight and left expressed milk for hubby. Apparently Luca did really well, took the bottle well and is currentlu settled in bed. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the night goes!
Good luck with your decision making luv2dance, big decisions!!!
FionaS - Luca is up anywhere from 6.30-8am, no realy pattern yet.
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 8:23pm
spgettie68
did the mw/plunket suggest to feed only from one side per feed, if their poo is green/foamy it means too much fore milk.

Fiona
thats no good that wee one not liking napping at all! Are you demand feeding? I found changing to routine feeding is working better for us, and they work well around school/kindy drop offs /. pick ups etc, I just work on an approximate routine as go by his ques also.

He is waking up usually around 3.30am then 6.30/6.45am other night he got thru to 5.15 which was lovely! Usually up for around 20mins in the night but alas still tired.

I think the tiredness comes from someone else rather than our own body clock waking us up, and as a mother that seems to never change too much. Well Im only 5years into motherhood

Exciting re job luv2dance. Big decision to make. At this stage I cant be bothered working and aiming to be a SAHM for 2012. But who knows that might change if the right job comes up. DD2 starts school 2013.

When I have the energy/enthusiasiam Im going to have a big sell up of junk on trademe and that should bring in a few $$$ to pay the summer bills but prop wont do that to january.

ATM im enjoying the $150 a week from IRD - I couldnt get paid parental leave cos averaged 9hrs a week!!!!!
Kimmyf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 10:32am
It is alot of sleep FionaS (she must like sleep like her mother LOL) but she does like to keep awake a large portion of the day and she is happy enough to do so.

Well i will be back to work today as of 3pm and DP will have both kids on his own. This will be pretty much the first time he has had to deal with both on his own for longer then 10min. I've warned him he will have his hands full and told him that J wont want him until he has to feed Kaylee cause it is just they way it is.

Chrisco hampers arrived today. Going to be great not having to do any shopping for the next month or so, other than nappies and formula etc, which is great coming into hectic christmas/summer season
luv2dance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv2dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 5:13pm
so I have pretty much decided to do my masters part time over 2 years. It should be pretty good because I don't have classes to go too, as long as I can get my work done lol. I'm quite excited.

Fiona, sorry to hear you're struggling with Lara's sleeping. Some babies need more sleep than others and maybe she is just one that doesn't need it. But if she is grumpy rather than happy maybe she isn't getting enough from each feed to be contented and needs to be fed like Girls Rock said more regularly. I have Mikayla on a schedule now and during the day make sure she feeds every 3 hours, even if she isn't asking for it yet. We have had 10.30-5.30am sleeps during the night and she is quite happy to lie on her playmat and look around or sleep between feeds.

Off to WINZ tomorrow to see how much money we can get off them to help with the bills while I'm studying

luv2dance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv2dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 5:15pm
oh and Kimmy do you get any flack from plunket for formula feeding? When the plunket nurse was here earlier today she made a comment that made me think she would give me a hard time if I was FF. She told Mikayla "what a good Mummy for breast feeding you" yikes! didn't know people were still like that! (my DS was FF from 11 weeks)

Harvis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 5:52pm
Classic, Plunket do have their ways of letting us know when we aren't bringing up our wee ones "properly" I had one friend who was told she wouldn't have a bond with her babies because she had stopped BF!
I just got the look because our wee man sleeps in his own room, was talking to a girl at plunket today and she said she had suggested she might move her man into his own room and got shot down really quick...thank goodness it was too late for me!
When I asked for suggestions of how to get more sleep during the day she changed the subject, when I came back to it her answer was useless so we just muddle along!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287 289>