FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 285286287288289>
Author
lillibit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillibit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 10:54am
Hi everyone...sorry it's been a while!

Yip me too on the clothing issues I have no summer clothes that fit bc of the bigger boobs I'm sure they are even bigger than they were with DS!

I have only tried DD once in the front pack she didn't settle either but will keep trying as would be so much more handy when running after DS!

Sleep has been going well here we put DD down at about 6pm and she sleeps 8-9 hours at the moment waking for a feed and back to bed within 30mins and sleeping till 6 or 7am , during the day is a bit of a different issue however she self settles well but wakes after 1 sleep cycle of 40 mins and only sometimes settling again for a longer sleep. Well you can't have everything I guess it just makes for a busy day!

Hope everyone is getting some sleep and all is going well I'm going to go back a few pages now to catch up!
Sponsored Links

RosieGlo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosieGlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 10:30am
Hey mamatasj. I got a pouch sling for the quickness and easiness but the only time she's happy in it is when I bf her in it. So I have slowly become a wrap expert. She loves it. I only have to lap the house once and she's out even when she's really overtired. It is worth the couple mins crying it takes me to get it on and her in it. My complaints are (still) that mine is very long and wide and that it is so hot! Think I will make like trex and make a lighter one for summer and just put bub in a nappy. DH is going to have to learn how to use it as when I'm not here it will be his best trick to settle her. I think the ring slings look better than the pouch cause you can do tum to tum hold which they prefer to cradle. Let me know how it goes.
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 2:45pm
Hey Rosieglo - tried the cradle carry a few times with my ring sling (the Oyako one I got is just gorgeous, quality fabric, NZ made, & I love the colours!)
Little Miss did NOT like the cradle, just kept crying (maybe too close to boobies?) and I have found she needs to be tummy-to-tummy
I Youtubed 'ring sling newborn' and found a tummy-to-tummy hold that's similar to what we used in the Moby/Sleepy wrap, but MY GOODNESS it's so much more comfortable for both of us in the ring sling! Went for a long walk and she slept the whole way, but since it was a warm day I came home all sweaty :P

For those struggling with carriers/packs, make sure you keep trying every day or two with your baby but only when they are fed, burped & changed - when theyre in a cuddly mood is best! Then later on when they cry they tend to settle easier as they get used to it I guess.

Also feeling ya on the clothes situation! I shopped at Farmers, opshops & Warehouse and could only find ONE top that looked anywhere near flattering... and it's still not that great... grr! It's always a matter of Boobs vs Tummy Flab

RosieGlo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosieGlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:20pm
Awesome the tumtotum works with the ringsling mamatasj! I'm trying to get my girl happier about the pouch sling by bfing her in it.
Harvis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2011 at 1:19pm
Wow, it's very quiet in here. We survived trip to Te Anau and the wedding. It was hard walking out the door leaving the wee man with Mum, had to keep reminding myself that she had brought up 3 kids and we all survived to tell the tale. Had a great time.
Hope everyone is having a great time getting organised for Christmas, take care and have a safe one!
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 10:17pm
It sure is quiet! Congrats Harvie on surviving the wedding. We managed a trip to Taupo & back a couple of weeks ago but it was really hard work.

Trying to get Miss Caelin taking BM from a bottle, after a couple of weeks of trying every few days, today she successfully drank about 40mls with DP from the bottle! Yay!!! We are all moving to Wellington as DP starting Paramedic studies in Feb, so hopefully bottles will make our move a whole lot easier.

Also I just wanted to update on the issue I was having with Caelin a few weeks ago in case anyone else is having similar issues (seemed like stomach issues - screeching & arching back after feeds/while trying to get a poop out) - have discovered after doing some research & trial and error that it was due to a forceful letdown (milk sprays everywhere!) and her getting too much sugary foremilk - am now either pumping some milk off before feeding, or lying back to feed so she has to work against gravity.
A really good website for all sorts of info on sleep/BFing etc IMO is kellymom.com

Hope everyone and their little people are doing well, miss reading everyone's updates!
yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:09am
Finding I don't get much time online to reply to anything.
Got our 8 week Plunket check, so will be interesting to see how much Anthony has grown. He definitely feels heavier! We've had the 6 week vaccines and they went well, and also decided to get the Rotavirus vaccine done.
Does anyone else little one cry just before the go to sleep - Anthony does this whether he is in your arms or in the bassinet. Feels bad to let him just cry but it seems no matter what we do he just continues to cry.
Hope everyone is relaxed and ready for Christmas.
luv2dance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv2dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:53pm
Hi yecats, yup Mikayla seems to grissle herself to sleep. I have found there is a very fine line between her being ok and being over tired and I really notice the crying to sleep kicks in when she hits that point of over tired. If i dont get her to sleep quickly after that then we have all out screaming and the only thing that settles her is rocking walking swaying and shhhhing all at once lol. A couple of times I have gotten her into bed before the tiredness kicks in and she has chatted to herself for a few mins before falling to sleep.

M is now sleeping thru the night yay, usually goes down for the night about 9pm and then sleeps until 6am except last night when she was woken up by her big bro at 3am so I fed her and she slept until 8am haha DH was nearly late for work because we haven't been setting an alarm because she and DS are pretty reliable alarm clocks... usually.

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you all enjoy your first xmas with your babies. I am so looking forward to it.

Harvis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 8:36pm
We are all good here, Harry seems to get to that overtired screaming stage just when we finished the bath ready for bed. I may have to bring bedtime forward, is so tricky cos dinner and bed all around the same time and his Dad has been working late so haven't wanted to put him to bed without seeing Dad. I guess it isn't much fun for Dad to see screaminng baby when he's had a busy day at work though!!!
We are now up to day 14 and no poo!!! Took him to the dr yesterday, she checked him out and said he is fine, he did do a shart (sh*t loaded fart) yesterday so maybe that counts as poo??? Is so hard to understand that 14 days is OK, I said the books said 7 - 10 days is normal, she said Harry hasn't read the books so therefore doesn't know he should have gone! Imagine what Harry might be giving me for Christmas by then it will be 17 days, imagine the 17 day poosplosion!!!!
Merry Christmas Mum from Harry!!!
Merry Christmas to you all, I hope none of you get the poosplosion I'm expecting!
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 10:58pm
Harvis, haha! Poor wee Harry, wow I didn't know babies could go 14 days without pooping, Caelin poops, we wait.... put a new nappy on and right after that she poops some more! It's exhausting! Are you BF Harry or formula?
Yecats - my girl grizzles before sleep, but if she is overtired it's all out screaming. We found that swaddling her, shsshing and holding her firmly to our body while she 'cries it out' helps her to wind down when she is like that (after checking all the obvious possibilities first, of course)
I was having a LOT of trouble getting Caelin to nap during the day and she would get super overtired (is so alert when awake and very chatty) so tried something I read in the OhBaby magazine this issue - swaddle, put baby on the side facing AWAY from you and shh or pat their bottom until they settle, then turn them back onto their backs once they are quiet or semi-asleep. You might have to do this 4 or 5 times going back into the room the first few times but we have been doing it about a week now & find it very effective - usually works in the first 3 times of me going back in to pat her bottom... YAY!

Anyone have any tips for long car drives with a very young baby?! We have to do a 4.5 hour drive to our new digs in a weeks time, wish us luck please!!!
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 10:58pm
ROSIE I have been meaning to ask you too, how did the BF in the sling go? I am really wanting to try this with Caelin but she will only do the tummy to tummy hold at the moment!!!
Kimmyf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2011 at 5:52pm
Merry christmas everyone. Hope you are all having a great day with your wee ones!

Kaylee is now in her own room, in her cot and still sleeping through the night. I am so lucky to have a good sleeper. Must take after her mummy. She is a healthy 6.24kg, and 60cm long and almost grown out of 00.

Hope all is well
Sunniemummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunniemummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2011 at 8:26pm
Merry Xmas everyone! Hope everyone has an amazing day with your new lil bubbas!!

Harvis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2011 at 5:05pm
I'm back home now and yes on Christmas Day I got the poosplosion! It was in the bath so contained quite nicely, a quick shower afterwards and was all cleaned up. I hope he never tries to beat 17 days. At the moment he is breast fed but will porbably change to both formula and breast soon as he's not putting on weight and I go back to work part time at the end of January so will make life easier all round, should make at least 3 months. The plunket lady I had problems with earlier has been great over his lack of weight gain and seemed much more helpful, I think she could see I was freaking out a bit between that and at that stage 15 poo free days.
I hope you are all well, take care for the start of 2012!
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 10:03pm
Does anyone have any tips on getting a BF baby to take BM in the bottle?!
Struggling so much with this and can never get a break! Have bought the Closer to Nature Tommee Tippee bottles and still no luck... baby seems to just play with them, then cry & spit out. Is she too small at 9wks ? do I just keep trying or what?!
lilymay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilymay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 2:06pm
Hi everyone, Hope you have all had a lovely christmas with your families. All is good here with Sophie who has settled into a nice routine of 7 hour sleep over night followed up with 2hrs then naps of 2-3 hours during the day.

Mama Tasj - I have started using the bottle on sophie who is the same afge as your bub. I introduce the bottle part way through the feed when she is most content. I also use the Closer to Nature bottles which have been great. She doesn't seem to be as gassy with these. It takes a few goes and often she will give me a foul look when she realises but I just keep persisting. Do you use a dummy? I think this may have helped with our transition.
Mama_Tasj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama_Tasj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 5:19pm
Hi Lilymay, I might give that a go! What 'hold' do you find works - as in do you mimic a BF hold or do a completely different hold, and do you get your DP to take over or will she only take a bottle from you? I have tried dummies but she uses her tongue to spit these out too, she will sometimes suck if I hold it in with my finger but usually pushes it out after a min or so!
lilymay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilymay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 5:24pm
Hi Mama_Tasj,

I make sure she takes the bottle from me and DP as he will be back at work in a week. I alternate between him feeding with bottle, then myself and I express when he feeds. I often give her the bottle without changing from BF position (tummy to tummy) and then roll her onto her back while she is still comfort sucking/resting). It takes a few goes but worked for us.

I would jsut keep trying until she gets used to it. The reward of lazy sucking for the same BM seemed to work here.

Good luck
yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 7:58pm
Hope everyone had a good first Christmas with their bubs. I had a good day, but it was busy and I let myself get too rundown leading up to Christmas, so had a cranky baby for the next couple of days. We seem to be back on track now.
Went and weighed Anthony at Plunket today and clothed he's now 4.6kg so gaining nicely now - he's almost out of the newborn clothes now. And have just moved him into infant nappies after a few poo incidents over the last week - newborn just couldn't keep it in anymore.
Getting into more of a routine with daylight sleeping now. He's figured out how to hold his fingers in his mouth and since he is quite a sucky baby I wrap him with one arm out so he can suck at his fingers and this seems to work. He still grizzles/cries before falling asleep but there is no force in it, he just fights going to sleep.
Hope everyone has a Happy New Year tomorrow - don't think I will be staying up to see the New Year in.....
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 9:41pm
Merry Christmas girls‼ Hope everyone is having a great break. Happy New Year if I dont get back to post that too
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 285286287288289>