FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in June 2007!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 253>
Author
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 3:30pm
my 2 cents worth:
I think eggs are fine, I have eaten runny egg yolks throughout both pregnancy's! (cant stomach hard yolks)
sushi if ok after 12 weeks as the chances of anything happing to the baby is reduced

Bailey had reflux as well and the doctors not once mentioned it was because of dairy products (would of been hard to cut it out anyway as when I was in my last trimester and bf I could drink a 2 litre of milk a day!)

my doctor did say to me when pregnant with Bailey......

If you cut out everything that could make you or baby sick you wouldn't or couldn't eat anything! as it seems everything has a pro and con for eating or drinking!
I also asked her about subway.... the chances of getting sick eating a ham sandwich from there is about the same risk as getting hit from a car while walking down the road!
Sponsored Links

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 5:11pm
I ate loads of subway when I was pregnant.
But then agin I was told not to eat BBQ's but I did.
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 6:46pm
Thanks for that Rach - dairy isn't something I am hugely worried about, but I will bring it up with the midwife on Thursday.

With the eggs, it is my own bodies reaction that gets me - that's why I am not eating so many of them (which is hard because I love them - I just don't love sitting on the loo for hours afterwards!)

Man, has anyone else looked at thenumber of pages we have compared to other months? We really do talk a lot! I love it!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 6:58pm
There is quite a few of us now too which explains why there are so many pages!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 7:36pm
lol I noticed that.

AN E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AN E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 8:54pm
Wow! I go away for the weekend - and have to spend half an hour catching up on the gossip! Its great! lol

Here's my info:

Real first name? Annie

Age? 29

Due date? 16 June

How did you tell your significant other about your pregnancy? I told him whilst we were driving to the airport. Although we were trying - he didn't believe me! And asked if I was joking! lol

How did you/will you tell other people? Apart from Sis In Law (who we met in the Docs waiting room lol!), being telling family that they are going to be grandparents / uncles / aunts etc.

DH/DP/DBF etc? DH is Mitch - we have been together 7 ish years. We used to work together, and got married four years ago while I was back studying.

Where do you live? North Shore, Auckland

Favorite color? Blue

Favorite food? Usually chocolate - but that preference has disappeared since I got preggers! Not too much favourite foods at the moment - but when I get hungry I need food NOW!

Least favorite food? Brusell sprouts

Is this your first time being prego? If not, tell us about your other children. First time, first bub

Do you want a boy or girl? Don't really mind, although sway toward a girl.

Will you find out the gender of your baby? No. I have to go through all that pain of birth - I want something to look forward to!

Whats your favorite thing to do to destress ?? Read a book, watch movies, Cross-stitch (hehe already made a beautiful Winnie the Pooh baby blanket for bubs!)

Favorite music? Depends on the mood! Had a great time dancing to the Saturday Night Jukebox!

What do you think you will like most about being pregnant? How my skin looks!

What do you think you will hate about being pregnant? Not being able to drink - especially over Xmas. Oh - and not being able to plan any big overseas trips!

Have you decided how you are decorating the baby's room? Not really. Have a few ideas.

Are you planning to go natural or do you want drugs? Prefer natural, however not ruling out drugs!

Any names chosen yet? One for each - but will wait and see when bubs is born. Sometimes the names chosen just don't fit!

Your occupation? Forensic Analyst (Technology and Accounting)

What do you do for fun? Catch up with friends

Anything else?? Very excited about the new addition to the family. Not too sure how the cats are going to take it!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 7:07am
Yeah there has been alot of chat going on over the weekend I've noticed new pages nearly everytime I pop in hehe.
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 3:55pm
Wow, we are the busy bunch :)
SOrry for the MIA, I have had visitors for days....and have been trying to not throw up in front of them LOL, what a job...

Here's my info:

Real first name? Kelly

Age? 24

Due date? 28 June

How did you tell your significant other about your pregnancy? I had just told him my FF test day was Wednesday, it was Saturday night. I went to have shower and thought blow it i'll test!! and OMG 2 lines, once I got out of the shower I put the test on his knee and he said "does this mean?" and then hugged me...

How did you/will you tell other people? My mum has guessed already,we havnt told anyone yet, after our loss we want to wait a while...
DH/DP/DBF etc? DH is Simon, we have been together for nearly 9 years, have been married nearly 3.

Where do you live? Just moved to Rongotea, Manawatu

Favorite color? Aqua

Favorite food? right now, tomatoes, cucumber and balsamic
Least favorite food? peas

Is this your first time being prego? If not, tell us about your other children. 3rd pregnancy, #1 is Kayla she was born 10 Feb 05, #2 we lost at 10 weeks

Do you want a boy or girl? not bothered

Will you find out the gender of your baby? Yes

Whats your favorite thing to do to destress ?? listen to music

Favorite music? Drum&Bass, Rock, Pop

What do you think you will like most about being pregnant? My bump (when I get it) feeling the baby move, watching DH's face when he feels it...

What do you think you will hate about being pregnant?
Bedrest, and being sick.

Have you decided how you are decorating the baby's room? No, still waiting to make sure this bean sticks.

Are you planning to go natural or do you want drugs? lol I said natural with #1 and ended up induced on Monday and having Kayla on THURSDAY!! in the end I had no choice, the doctors had to give my pain relief

Any names chosen yet? not yet
Your occupation? Full time mum!!

What do you do for fun? Play with Kayla, go to the park, out for dinner with hubby

Anything else?? not yet :)
Kayla Rose is now 4!
James Sydney is nearly 2!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 5:30pm
hehehehe I'm soooooooo naughty. I went to the docs today and he gave me a referral for a scan.. he was like "so you have had some abdo pain and light bleeding haven't you" wink wink, yup yup i have lol.. then he calls the place, they are booked up for 2 weeks but considering my symptoms I got in straight away hahahaha

Just one bean in me, not two! woot!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 5:38pm
Yay Stacey that is good to hear only one in there.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 5:56pm
Stacey thats so neat!!! Congrats on your scan :)
Kayla Rose is now 4!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 6:00pm
hehehe i still feel naughty! especially since there were others there waiting and I just get pushed ahead of everyone even though there's nothing wrong with me
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 6:03pm
OMG kell you are in rongotea... poor you, there isn't much to do out there! lol
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 6:16pm
lol its not bad, we have a great playcenter and mainly music. Our Palmy and Wellington friends visit all the time and we go into town alot. Our house makes up for living 15 mins out of town :) we have SPACE!!

A friend of mine was bleeding and they werent sure what was happening etc. and they couldnt scan her at broadway for 2 weeks!! she went to the hospital and they could fit her in the next day....I couldnt believe it!! When I got my scan form and rung broadway to book, she said they were booked for 2 weeks, I asked for it to be in mid Nov any way so I was 8 weeks, then the lady asked for the reference that is on the form, when I told her she said are you sure you dont want it today?? you are super high risk lol, Palmy is so backward hehehehehe
Kayla Rose is now 4!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 6:34pm
hehe yeah, cos my doc actually rang them they put me in straight away heheheh..

we have tons of room at our house too, big as backyard although i wish i had far more room so I could have a horse. unfortunatly a horse in a town backyard isn't really suitable
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 6:41pm
Ohh I horse would be cool :)
We owned a house in town for 4 years, we were offered way too much money for it lol so accepted and brought this house....we like it out here..xx Travelling is no biggie, its only 15 mins to Palmy or Feilding and thats what we had to travel in Aucks anyway
Kayla Rose is now 4!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 6:53pm
housing prices are pretty nuts, we made a nice profit on our last house which let us buy this one, our backyard is literally about 20 times larger now and the house itself is much bigger
kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 7:05pm
Its neat isnt it?
Kayla Rose is now 4!
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 7:41pm

Man im away from the computer for a couple of days & then i have lots to catchup on LOL today has been my first day without any major morning sickness YAHOO!!! < language=>

Heres my info

Real first name? Sylvia but everyone calls me Sylvo

Age? 29
Due date? 24th June 2007

How did you tell your significant other about your pregnancy? I took a pic on my camera phone & sent it through to him. We did have an idea though as ive had heaps of blodds with the clomophene & they kept asking me to do repeats

How did you/will you tell other people? We called all family & close friends have txtd a couple of people my BIL & his family were flying out to oz for good the next week so wanted them to know as they had been very supportive.

DH/DP/DBF etc? DH is Paul been together 4 years married for 20 months

Where do you live? Wellsford (now go look up wises.....LOL)

Favorite color? Purple

Favorite food? Usually chocolate but cant really stomach much of that since being pregers

Least favorite food? Brussell sprouts YUCK!!

Is this your first time being prego? If not, tell us about your other children. 2nd time 1st was a m/c @ 6 weeks 26 months ago 

Do you want a boy or girl? girl but not really fussy as long as its healthy

Will you find out the gender of your baby? Yes

Whats your favorite thing to do to destress ?? listen to music, read, knit, cross-stitch, have a bath, massage

Favorite music? Depends what mood im in i vary from Rock (metallica, gnr, mm to rap, dance etc)

What do you think you will like most about being pregnant? My bump (when I get it) feeling the baby move, watching DH's face when he feels it... me too and looking at scans

What do you think you will hate about being pregnant?
Mornign sickness, tiredness & being so freaking emotional LOL

Have you decided how you are decorating the baby's room? Yep apricot wall paper ali windows with rimu liners, skirting board etc, then either paddington bear theme or leap froggie theme.

Are you planning to go natural or do you want drugs? As im having baby at the birthing unit I can only have entenox & pethidene. Am going to have a waterbirth & as less painkillers as possible but will wait & see as baby might have other ideas LOL but will avoid the hospital unless life & death situation

Any names chosen yet? yep Carlena Ruby for a girl & Tristan Michael Walter for a boy (ruby & walter are family names)

Your occupation? Medical receptionist, housewife (sometimes mother to DH LOL), & avon rep

What do you do for fun?: laugh, play with my nieces & nephews, taking photographs

Anything else?? Um shorty street rocks LOL & so does extreme makeover (but having to have box of tissues with me when I watch it at the moment LOL Cant wait for midwife & ultrasound appointments & to have meandyou (thats wot DH calls baby) in our arms (or maybe two....)

Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 8:05pm

< language=> Oh and yes im having the worst cravings ever for tuna sushi, chicken korma & KFC lol

Ive been eating some subway but mainly ave the heated/toasted stuff ....

Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 253>