FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in June 2007!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 253>
Author
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 4:10am
Hey

I am good- have been really tired the past couple of days, having to have afternoon naps like a nanna and everything! I am really bloated too so my belly looks huge- I think I look about 5 months already so the baby imagining is a little easir for me How have you been?

Please feel free to tell me to shut it if I get to "know-all" for you- I can have a tendency to do that and I know how annoying I find it when other people do it to me!

Theres a really good book- the New Zealand pregnancy book which has some really good info on what to expect when you're pregnant. They have it at the library too- it was my bible last time! You think of so many little things and get so many symptoms that its nice to have something handy that explains it all.

I am 6 weeks tomorrow! Half way to the safe date- will be so relieved once I reach that 12 week mark And only 1 week to go until my scan which will hopefully be another affirming experience!

Edited by Jennz
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Sponsored Links

1apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 10:16am
Hi there

I am grateful for any information and advice so don't worry!

Hope you are well. I have had a pretty good weekend but am finding the tiredness quire overwhelming at times! It makes me feel a bit sick actually, but I find that if I go and lie down and relax then I come right. Have had majorly sore boobs too! Still no sign of any sickness though - touch wood!

Hey, I had a chance to look through some of the other threads on here and saw that you are having a bit of a time of it with your pregenancy. How are you now? It is all very daunting to know that we are in this really delicate stage of the pregnancy eh. We've not told too many people as I want to wait until the scan at 11 - 12 weeks as DH and I are quite old (I'm 36 and DH is 46) for first time parents. Also the fact that the risk of m/c is reduced once you make it past 12 weeks.

Still freaking out at times - the mood swings are incredible. On Friday, the dog was yelping at the cat and the yelping was really getting to me, DH came home and I just burst into tears and couldn't explain why -just that that dog was yelping (DH must have thought WTF??)

Anyway - sorry for the long post. I hope you are well and happy :) Looking forward to hearing from some more Due in Junes!

Cheers
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 11:00am
Hey

Well to be honest not too good! I have just got out of a&e because I thought I was miscarrying. I started bleeding alot of bright red blood and it was getting pretty heavy so I called the on call Dr. He told me to come in then sent me through to the gyno after his assesment. By the time I went to do a urine sample though the bleeding had completely stopped! Its so weird- there was so much I thought it was it, that it was all over then it just stopped- nothing. They did an internal and everything is still as it should be so I have had bloods done and should get those midweek but its basically just wait and see. I am either going to continue bleeding and eventually miscarry properly or it will stop and I can have my scan Thursday and see whats going on. Its terrible

I can certainly relate to being emotional- I watched x factor (UKs version of Idol) last night and sobbed the whole way through. I sobbed when they got through and I sobbed when they didn't- full on whimpering, blubbing runny nose crying. It was ridiculous! Ahhh the joys of hormones- you can only imagine what a mess I was this afternoon! The poor nurse on the phone couldn't understand a word I said- I had to pass the phone to DH.

1apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 12:36pm
Oh, that's no good! I hope there is some good news for you on Thursday - at least everything is as it should be at the moment but it must be pretty horrendous for you at the moment with not knowing. Take care of yourself won't you. Keep in touch.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 7:30am
Hellos ladies. My turn to join the June 07 club!

I hope things work out for you Jennz!
1apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 9:07am
Hi!

How are you feeling at the moment kebakat? Any symptoms yet? I am surprised that I've not had any major symptoms (I say that now - who knows what'll happen in the next couple of weeks) apart from the tiredness and sore boobs.

I am trying to work out the maternity leave thing at the moment too - I get 9 weeks paid leave from my work on the understanding that I return to work (12 months maximum leave). Not too sure if I want to come back to this job tho - have to sit down and work it all out. I know about the government parental leave thing. Have been meaning to call them to get a few things clarified but not looking forward to being on hold forever!

There's other stuff I need to arrange too - like find a midwife and go and see my GP. Apparently midwives get booked up really early - but I was wondering what would happen if you couldn't get one?!? Bit anxious about getting a Nazi Midwife (I've heard a few horror stories!)

Anyway - hope everything is cool with you

Hey Jennz - how's it going??
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 5:27pm
Nah haven't really had anything I would class as real symptoms. But it's real early days for me
AN E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AN E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 6:50pm
Hi!

Another one to join the June club! Only just found out - although we were trying - hitting it first month was a bit of a surprise!

Jennz - I hope things are ok for you. Put your feet up (well as much as you can with a 2yo!)

1apple - midwifes can get booked up by 7th week! That is if you want a good one. Have you got any local friends with bubs? Maybe they can point you too a good one. I have just left a message with one, so hopefully I can get in.

No real symptoms yet - felt a bit queasy after I tested - but I think that was more my mind rather than anything else!
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 8:09pm
Wow! Congratulations kebakat and AN E Nice to see the board filling up! You are so lucky you haven't got any symptoms yet- I am feeling so queasy its just not funny, that horrible 'on the verge of throwing up' feeling for the whole day yesterday. Not to mention my melon bbs...

Update on me- had stopped bleeding for the whole day yesterday which was a positive but it has started again this morning. I hope its a just a little one but we'll have to wait and see. I do my 2nd blood test today so hopefully that will give us some answers. I hope to get the results tomorrow but since I have to have it done so late at night it might not be til Thursday.

Hope you ladies stay feeling well- enjoy your pre-symptom time! Its lovely, you get to enjoy feeling pregnant without the downsides

Apple1- I would book a midwife asap, I booked mine when I was 7 weeks and missed out on the 3 good ones at the clinic and got stuck with the not-so-good one. She was fine but it would have been nice to have the choice. If you don't get one they will often just allocate you to a hospital midwife.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 8:49pm
It's gonna sound really funny but the one thing I'm worried about is my boobs. I don't want em to get any bigger! *whine* they are already huge and expensive enough to buy bras for!!! lol

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 9:31pm
Well you might be one of the lucky ones but I wouldn't hold your breathe! And just wait for when you milk comes in...

I went from a 14 DD to a 16 G (which was a tight fit!)

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 7:25am
Good god! lol. I'm a 12F now... eeek! lol
tarshaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarshaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 2:18pm

Hi all, I'm tentatively entering the June 07 DD thread..lol

My name is Tarsha and it looks as though I am expecting #2 on 24 June 2007.

Its been a huge journey to get here, and I really hope to stay.  I've been TTC for nearly 2 years now, have had 2 miscarriages, 5 unsuccessful clomid cycles, and an hsg.  I have a beautiful little girl Bethany who jsut turned 3 on Monday. 

Both my miscarriages occurred at 4wks 3 days, and I am as of today, 3wks 4 days pregnant.  So I am just hoping to get past that marker so that I can relax a little and start to beleive that I really am pregnant.

Anyways, nice to meet you all, and I hope to be here for 9 months and beyond. 

1apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 2:50pm
Hi Tarsha - Congratulations! All the very best for a happy and healthy pregnancy. Fingers and toes crossed for you that everything goes well.

I am six weeks today and still feeling OK which is a relief but I am taking each day as it comes. I get very tired in the evenings now though - last night I went to bed at 8.30pm which is unheard of!

How is everyone else feeling? Jennz - everything cool with you??

I am still having problems finding a midwife and it all seems such a hassle. I think I am going to do the option of going and seeing my GP for prenatal care and then just have a hospital midwife for when the time comes.

Anyway - hope everyone is well and happy Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 3:03pm
I guess I belong here 2. I have no idea what day I'm due tho.
I've been feeling really sick and a bit tired but i suspect thats from getting up to Jack all night
When are you guys guna tell everyone?
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 3:29pm
I just figured out I'm due around the 13th.
Jennz I'm real bloated too I look quite porky already
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 3:40pm
I've already sorted my midwife hehehe. I have an appt with her on monday, hopefully she will be able to tell me when I can find out if I got one or two in me (fraternal twins are on both DH's and my sides)

We have told our parents but no one else yet
tarshaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarshaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 4:20pm

Thanks 1Apple, and welcome Rachel!

In regard to midwives, I will hopefully use the same one as I used for Bethany.  I am gonna wait until I have my beta results from Friday and Monday, then ring ASAP.  Its kinda scary to make that phone call knowing my history, but I really don't want to miss out, shes an awesome midwife!

And I have had symptoms since Sunday night - thats why I tested so early.  I have the heaviest boobs ever, and they werent exactly petite to start with!  lol.  and I am tired, peeing a lot and breakfast is a bad time for me.  Theres something aobut the smell of weetbix and opening the dishwasher (full of clean dishes) that makes me dry retch!  lol

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 1:26am
Hi Rachel and Tarsha- congratulations on your BFPs!!!!

Things are picking up here- just had a scan and there was a little heartbeat. Still not quite sure what is causing the bleeding but I am certainly feeling more positive about it all now Morning sickness is just awful at the moment- I feel constantly queasy, even when I wake up during the night. It is quite reassuring though- in a horrible horrible way

Sound like everyone is very organised! I've got my midwife too but its just an NHS allocated one so I think you just get whoever is there on the day. Would be nice to be back in NZ and have the same person the whole way through but it can't be helped- you guys are so lucky!

Hope everyone is feeling well

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 8:24am
Ohhhh jennz I am sooooooo happy that you that there is a heart beat. I cried every time I read anything from you and couldn't bring myself to post anything. I am so so so happy that there is a little bubs in there. Big hugs. Lots of people unexplained experience bleeding right through their pregnancies and go on to have healthy wee bubbas. I hope that things calm down for you now and that you have a nice boring pregnancy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 253>