FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSymphysis Pubis Dysfunction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hannahemily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannahemily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction
    Posted: 22 August 2011 at 8:46pm
Hi there. Im expecting my first child in November, and at 20 weeks pregnant I developed this horrific disorder SPD where my pubic bone and pelivs is in constant pain! I was seen by a Physio at hospital and even given crutches to walk with ! this is just so not ideal and stressful as it is as Im on my own , its just so horrible,has anyone sufferd or currently suffering from this and if you have any suggestions or just want to talk ?? Theres not enough info out there about it ! & its very limiting and frustrating to deal with !
Sponsored Links

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 8:58pm
congrats on your baby due nove
dont know much about it but I had a lot of pelvis pain after delivery for 9months was the worse and still hurts 5years later not the same ever again...and found hospital physios usesless, even thou it was expensive I found a lady physio at a centre and she specialized in pre/post natal care and it was worth every cent to get her to look at me as so much better service. after bubs pilates really helped me strength things and improve pelvis pain
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 9:58am
I had it REALLY badly during pregnancy, like you i was alone and it was hideous, i couldnt bend down to tie my shoes or even put on underwear as lifting my leg that far of the ground was agony. Have you been given a smiley belt? I didnt use one but i have heard they are AMAZING. But you're not alone in it :)
choco69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choco69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 7:44am
sweetie congrats on baby - and not good about the pain - I have had SPD since 12 weeks - controlled mainly thru use of a belt (which is amazing), heat (especially baths), and learning what I could and couldn't do - have also been getting massage done at physio (was private so very expensive), have also heard that acupuncture or osteo can be really helpful for a number of people

have also found that the severity depends upon where baby is sitting - currently she is traverse sitting across my hips (which sounds uncomfortable but so much better than breech) which has eased my pain which was very unpleasant in the weekend - although I am alot further along that you

oh the plus side my sister had it too and her OB said that it preprepares the pelvis for birth and she had quick labours (that's what I am hoping for anyways)

big hugs sweetie

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 1:19pm
^^ huh, maybe! I had DS in under 5 hours - first baby AND induced. Pretty quick.
.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 8:48pm
For me the grunting and screeching was gone by the time Bentley and I left hospital (48hrs after birth), I felt like a whole new person.
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 9:19pm
I had it. It sucked. I didn't get treated and it still hurts 17 months on.

My labour was long. So it didn't help me

I'd suggest getting some help. Physio, smiley belt etc before it's too late.
Congrats and welcome to ohbaby
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 10:12am
Yeah the help! Get the help! I didnt do anything other then take the diagnoisis (couldnt afford physio/lived 2 hours away from them!) and i too still have pain 7 months on. If i do a long walk or getting up and down on the ground especially. Actually having said that if you were going to skip having a change table might be worth getting one for that reason. Sucks having pain and trying not to clutch at your vajayjay in public!
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 1:15pm
Get what help you can,I had it but didn't get any help and I had a toddler and another child to run around after as well,it was horrible,I was in tears everytime I took a step.
If I had no kids,then as soon as I was off work I would have slept,unfortunatly,I didnt have that choice.

Hannahemily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannahemily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 11:59am
oh thanks guys so much for the advice ! Im 29 weeks now and seems like the pain is increasing! Not cool.Have been given a smiley belt,have been using it as much as possible but slightly uncomfortable!!! & It is true I do feel myself clutching my Vag in public and then realise what the hell, Im doing - looking around hoping No one saw it !
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 4:08pm
bahaha at least its not just me. I also kept gasping or groaning in pain (after baby arrived, it still plauges me to this day) and people ask whats wrong and i'm like my um...foot...hurts. Too shamed to say whats really wrong haha.
 Post Reply Post Reply