FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 171>
Author
white_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 2:36pm
I really want some ETA Dry Roasted Peanuts. BADLY.
Sponsored Links

Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 3:11pm
Just wanted to say please don't abandon here for FB! Some of us aren't on FB... Seems a shame to start here then jump ship...
Lizze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 3:51pm
Hi girls

Had our scan today as well, 12w 1d, all looking good. Baby was so cute, lying on its stomach and kept kicking its legs, then they sent me away so it would turn over and afterwards it was lying on its back and looked like it was swimming.

Makes it so much more real!

littlekiwis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlekiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 3:58pm
nope wont abandon OB for FB. I keep getting the emails so that reminds me.

Lydia
capelbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capelbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 4:11pm
Glad to hear that everyone's been having good scans, looking forward to my next one now.

I think the end is here for normal clothes, I'll have to hunt my maternity jeans out. I've been doing ok, as it's been warm, and my skirts are a bit more forgiving, but it's freezing here this morning so I pulled on my jeans, it took me about 5 minutes to actually get them done up, and this is the pair that's usually too big.....
Mummy to 2 boys, 1 girl and now a very small bump!
cricket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 4:38pm
Had my dating scan today which makes my edd 28th June, gosh it's a weird feeling listening to the heart beat in your uterus but it's someone else's heartbeat if you get what I mean!
Melany View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 4:40pm
I like facebook as well haha I am on a few times a day though so I see notifications for it but will stay on here to.

Feeling really horrible today called in sick to work and I have family coming around 7pm to stay for the weekend ugh. It is my daughter's birthday party on Sunday so trying to get everything for that organised and all I want to do it sleep
OllyWolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OllyWolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 4:43pm
thanks hayley1 for asking how i am.... I'm scared to say (in case I'll jinx it) that I think it is easing a little now.... haven't puked in 2 days... still feeling sick most of the day but no puking is FANTASTIC!!

great to hear about the good scans; congrats for you all!!
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 5:07pm
Yay for good scans, feeling better and clothes not fitting
I too have abandoned my trousers and jeans... well wearing a belly belt with them so that they fit and have to wear long/flowing tops or tights and tunics. I'm going to fight maternity pants for as long as possible. The girls at work yesterday said I couldn't get away with not calling it a baby belly any more... exciting! Here's to a weekend of telling people
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 5:27pm
Hi all!

Yay for great scans! 3more sleeps until mine.
Ive got a wicked headache again today and I was feeling sick on and off again today, hope it settles quick, I'm usually getting over the nausea by now.

Can someone add we to the fb page I'm Paula Baigent have a picture with my sons face on it close up.

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
BlueOrchid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueOrchid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 5:49pm
I am not planning on joining the FB group, so glad to hear that I am not the only one sticking around on the forum here.

Atiamuri, I have just done round two of maternity shopping. I'm not willing to pay full price for clothes I'm only going to use for 6 months, so I've been going to a used clothing store that has a good selection of maternity. I've found plenty of cute tops, but oh man maternity pants shopping is even worse than regular pants shopping, I don't blame you for putting it off. So far I have one pair of black kind of stretchy pants I'm happy with, and one pair of jeans that are serviceable but far from exciting. Is there such a thing as good looking maternity jeans? So far I've yet to see any.
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 8:21pm
I had a great pair f maternity jeans from jeans west or my last pregnancy but I wore them after too. I paid $40 for them and wore them everyday.

I think I'm just going to go maxi dresses and get some long tops and a belly band.

I've been craving Japanese spice pork all day so I caved and had it for dinner.

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
Daynak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daynak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 9:08pm
Oh yum, hope you enjoyed it!

ooligator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 9:14pm
Glad to hear some more good positive scans have happened today!   I'm sooooo hanging out for my nuchal scan. Hoping that the MW can find the heartbeat with the doppler next Wed though, to help reassure me that it's all still happening. I'm finding it hard to really believe that I'm 11 weeks pregnant, as I don't look pregnant, slight small podge in my lower tummy, which is hard rather than soft and squidgy like usual, but it's nice to "see" the scan pictures and know for sure.

I'll still keep posting here too as well as FB. I think FB is good, as I have a few groups on there, but it's also a bit disappointing for those who aren't on FB or don't want to use groups to miss out on the support too.

Managed to get DD to have a 2 hour nap with me this afternoon! Still tired though LOL

Been having nettle tea to try and raise my iron levels. I need to remember to drink it. Have to brew some more tonight. It's inoffensive taste wise. I've had much worse in some of the Chinese herbs I've taken while TTC.
Me 38
DH 39
DD1 - 3 years, born prem at 30 weeks after 5 years TTC
DD2 - born prem at 33 weeks
cantygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 9:48pm
Scan today was wonderful!!!!!! ONE baby inside, bouncing around so much then had enough and went to sleep. So cute! Stoked to see bubs :-) Nuchal Fold measurement was really small which is great. Just have to wait for the results from the combined scan/blood test.

So excited and relieved!! Yay for other good scans today!!
Lucylou11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucylou11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 7:54am
Morning ladies, congrats to everyone having great scans, what an exciting time to make it safely to 12 weeks and see a little baby bouncing around! Just over a week to go for me until my scan and I'm counting the days.

Is anyone else having trouble with their skin? I'm really zitty and my eczema which is usually under control is flaring up like crazy. I made an appointment to see my dermatologist but I can't get in for 2 weeks.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend ahead.
OllyWolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OllyWolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 9:22am
joining the fb group doesn't mean that you won't be on this forum...right? I don't see why the 2 wouldn't go together.....

anyway; so glad to see all the scans are going well!!
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 10:05am
I certainly hope so OllyWolly! My previous DD group started a FB page then pretty much abandoned OhBaby so I was just checking I wouldn't be a solo DD member
I also have a second hand shop close that has a reasonable maternity section so might check that out next time I'm in town. Might take a while to get used to the idea and find something 'acceptable' IYKWIM
Yay Cantygirl, so happy for you!
LucyLou I'm also having problems with my skin, ever since being off the pill I've been pretty spotty (which is the reason I went on it to begin with) but thought after almost 2 years that it would have sorted. I'm almost 32 for goodness sake! I find if I forget to wash my face once I break out. I've also had a flare in a dermatitis type rash on my hands but I seem to get that also when I garden. A friend had really bad flare in her excema during her first pregnancy and her dermatologist said its just the stress your body is going through growing another body.
Ooops novel!
Ajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 10:21am
Don't worry Atiamuri....I won't be using the facebook group either. So there should be a few of us sticking around.

Lucylou & Atiamuri - I've also been having some skin problems. Got very itchy skin on my chest last week, bumpy and sore. It's not eczema as I've had that as a child and know all too well what it is like. I've done some reading on what I think I've got and I think it is to do with the malassezia fungus which is naturally on everyones skin. But under certain conditions (including pregnancy) they can overproduce and cause skin problems. I'm particularly noticing it on my chest, arms, back and neck. I'm not too keen to go to a dermatologist as I know that they often prescribe meds and in pregnancy that's not what I want to do....although it would be beneficial to get a proper diagnosis (instead of my website self diagnosis...ha!). It's very annoying and I don't want to go through all of summer with this. Glad to hear I am not alone though with annoying skin issues.

BlueOrchid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueOrchid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 10:25am
LucyLou, I have had a lot of eczema lately too, but clueless me I didn't realise it could be pregnancy related. It's not unusual to get some on my hands from too much hand washing, but I have got some on my arms and legs now which hardly ever happens.

Speaking of being clueless of symptoms, I have had a few nosebleeds lately, which I never ever get. I didn't realise it was pregnancy related 'til yesterday when I read about it on a pregnancy website. All the stuff they never tell you, hmm?

Regarding maternity clothes, I am feeling jealous of my cousin who lives in Hawaii and wore nothing but cute sun dresses through her recent pregnancy. Oh how I wish I could get away with that in Wellington!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 171>