FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 171>
Author
ooligator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 8:40pm
Dneyn, I didn't have SPD, but I have a few friends who have, and they got it in their subsequent pregnancies, and needed treatment from a physio. So if you feel it coming along, better get it looked at earlier. Not sure if it's the type of "issue" that can be helped the sooner you start treating it or not. An osteopath may also be helpful.

BnT, good luck for the scan!

Daynak, good luck for your scan on Friday.

cantygirl, yay for hearing the heartbeat. It's always a bit nervewracking, even if you try to play it "cool" while lying there with the MW trying to find it, as soon as she detects it, you kind of relax and start breathing again LOL

LuRo, I take the approach that no news is good news when it comes to the test results. My MW said that if the results were high risk, she'd phone me and ask me to come in for a chat. The Ob beat her to it, as it was her name on the form, but yes, they phoned me to tell me. So if you don't hear, assume it's all good.

I'm pleased that some others haven't increased their toilet paper measurements. I feel like my tummy is getting bigger, I can't suck it in anymore. But the TP measure isn't showing much increase.

I have started wearing my "below the bump" maternity jeans that I wore last pregnancy the past few weeks, as (a) it actually makes it look like I have a slight preggy bump rather than just looking fat in the tummy (especially with fitted tops), and (b) some of my other jeans are getting uncomfy on the waist. I just realised tonight, that the maternity jeans have an adjustable waist LOL just like my DD's trousers have. I wore them for almost 4 months last pregnancy and never realised. Doh!

Need to buy another pair of maternity jeans though, will go for below bump ones again, as I prefer them, because I can wear them now, don't have to wait for my bump to get big enough. I was working full time in an office environment last time, so had more pairs of maternity "work" trousers. Which I don't really need to wear now as a SAHM.
Me 38
DH 39
DD1 - 3 years, born prem at 30 weeks after 5 years TTC
DD2 - born prem at 33 weeks
Sponsored Links

hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:06pm
Wow, lots to read up on.
Tigger roo, so glad your scan went well!!
Dneyn, poor you, uti's are terribly painful. I used to get them all the time. I found dri king cranberry juice (propper cranberry juice) helped with the pain and helped it clear up quicker, along with antibiotics of course.

That is awesome for those you of you who have felt baby move, i havnt felt anything yet, hope everything is ok in there

Its my wedding anniversary today, unfortunatly we didnt have a good day . Ds is still sick with high fevers and diarrhea, its been over two weeks now, we have been to the doctor 3 times. This morning we ended up in a & e, his temp dropped to 34, and healthline advised us to go in. We waited for over 4 hours and no one saw us, by that time his temp was on its way uo so we left its been very stressful and we still dont know what is wrong.
cantygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:37pm
Hope your son is better soon Hayley!! Hopefully they can figure out the problem asap and that you can celebrate your anniversary once everything has calmed down a little :-)
white_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 9:46am
Originally posted by hayley1 hayley1 wrote:

This morning we ended up in a & e, his temp dropped to 34, and healthline advised us to go in. We waited for over 4 hours and no one saw us, by that time his temp was on its way uo so we left its been very stressful and we still dont know what is wrong.

Next time, on the admissions form tick all the symptoms associated with Meningitis - that should get you seen nice and quick!
Herewegoagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herewegoagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 9:48am
Hello everyone, I've stayed away for a few weeks, as I found I was getting really paranoid about having another mc. Silly hormones!

I'm glad to hear about scans going well I had mine yesterday and it's made me feel so much better! Bub was measuring a week ahead, properly why I've felt so pale and drained, bubs has taken everything in a growth spurt. We still haven't told anyone either, I feel like I've keeped it in for so long I can't let it out

I agree uti's suck, I've had 2 before and they are awful. I get bad back pain, with the constant needing to pee feeling.

Hope your son gets better Haley, poor thing.It's a hard call knowing when to go to A & E or not huh, better to be safe then sorry.

+ My big school boy (6)
LuRo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 9:57am
Thanks ooligator

Hayley, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! so sorry to hear that your DS is so unwell... sounds terrible.

It's my daughters Christmas show today, cant wait! Love watching the little ones up on stage - singing and dancing! ALWAYS brings a happy tear to my eye .

Roll on Friday!
LuRo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:00am
Herewegoagain - we over lapped. Nice to see you back. Congrats on a good scan! We were also measuring a week ahead, she said that they would confirm for sure at the 20wk scan.

capelbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capelbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:02am
Hi everyone. After thinking that we were over the sickness dd started being sick last night, then both the boys, who I thought were better got up this morning and threw up, joy. We're having a pj day in front of the tv, or rather they are, I have to pack as we're moving in a week. Eeeeek!

I didn't get SPD in any previous pregnancies, but quite a few friends did. They tended to find that they got it much earlier in their next pregnancies. I hope that you don't suffer too bad.

Right, back to the packing I go........
Mummy to 2 boys, 1 girl and now a very small bump!
Herewegoagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herewegoagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:17am
Thanks LuRo Cute! My son would love to be in a Christmas show.

Sounds like there are a few stomach bugs going around. Goodluck with packing Capelbach! I've always ended up the dedicated packer, when we've moved. And we always end up with a load of stuff that needs to be binned!

Is anyone else finding this humid weather unbearable?

I am now going to go and do something productive...

+ My big school boy (6)
BnT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:23am
Scan was great! All 3 measurements she took were 1.1mm. Bubs was moving around heaps. She had a look to see any kidney development even though its still early. She was quite sure she saw one - so thats great! Measuring bang on for due date

Hayley - hope your son is better today and Happy Anniversary for yesterday!

LuRo - enjoy your daughters Christmas show today.

Capelbach - Hope your kids get better quick.

Yes this humid weather is horrible! We got up to 27degrees yesterday and man did it feel sticky.

Going to tell the boss today. Have just told my sister. She cant believe we didnt tell her already! Ah well never mind!

Have a good day everyone!
Me - 33
DH - 33
DS1 born sleeping 10.09.08 (Bilateral Renal Agenesis)
DS2 25.11.09
tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:45am
so glad its rainin today - not liking the heat.
BNT - yay 4 a great scan.
I was still not believing the good news so got out the scan photos of 1st angel to compare. I know it sounds silly but i needed to be convinced. Felt better after seeing them both together. And yes bubs head is fine.

LURO - enjoy your daughter xmas show. ds has his on thurs. we just made mars bar xmas crackles 4 him to take.

Hayley - hope your son is better soon.

Welcome back herewegoagain :)

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:51am
Wow, lots of good scans. Hope to join those ranks after Friday!

I'm not coping with the heat - don't know how I'll be come real summer! I went to bed with a wet towel over me last night.

Hope the sick kiddies get better soon and that you get some answers Hayley. I agree with teh idea of ticking all the meningitis boxes! So slack that sick kids are left waiting hours to be seen, I don't know any parents who take their kids to A and E in the middle of the night if they're not genuinely concerned. Not like it's a fun place to hang out with a sick kid!

Feeling very bloated and big here! Still being sick daily so I'm still hoping that's a postive sign.
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:58am
morning all just been out and done more xmas shopping, now DD is in bed have started some of the wrapping.
Yay scan this avo cant wait. DH cant come so step mum is coming with me. then we going to the xmas shop

hope the sick kids get better soon it so horrible these tummy bugs etc going around.

yay for more good scan results

Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 11:13am
Awesome for all the scan results!
Im still waiting for my nuchal results, its been 2 weeks tomorrow and im starting to get slightly worried that they are not back yet!
tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 11:34am
hopefully hayley it means that the results are low risk if you havent heard. when do u see mw next - mayb give her a ring 4 peace of mind.

Kelz - good luck with scan

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
cricket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 11:40am
I've got my 12w scan next week, this has got to be the slowest three months ever!

Also for UTI a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water a few times a day also works great ( makes your wee more alkaline which bacteria don't like)
Ajay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 11:41am
Well no midwife appointment for me this morning....she had to cancel because she's at hospital delivering a baby! Yay!! (I think that's a fair enough excuse)
I'm busy the rest of this week with work so hopefully we can tee up an appointment for next week. I'll be 15 weeks!! Eeeeekkkk.

Lill - I forgot to comment the other day on your awesome photo. Great minds think alike! My partner is a bit of an artist and he's been doing paintings of me...(hopefully soon my stomach will expand a bit so the paintings show some actual changes...but I think I'm starting to get a wee bit of roundness and my boobs definitely have a life of their own = ). He also body painted me with my actual scan photo... did such an amazing job that it is absolutely identical to one of the profile pictures I was given of baby at my last scan. I had photos taken of the stomach painting and made into cards for Xmas. They're really cool. Thought it was a fun way to announce it to some people. Just have to get around to writing them and sending them off...never enough time in the day for these things!

Speaking of announcing it....we finally told 3 people in the weekend. Was soooo much fun. They were all completely taken by surprise and over the moon. It was fantastic. Still haven't told any family...but we want to do that in person so we're flying off around the country quite a bit over the next few weeks to tell them. Let's hope that planes are kinder to me than they were the other week.....

Herewegoagain - that's great about your scan (you too BnT and others). And I felt the same about not telling anyone. We had kept it to ourselves (apart from doc and midwife obviously) for over 13 weeks, so it was quite difficult to break the silence. But now that we have I feel so much less nervous about it and it has started to feel real...can't wait to tell the next lot.

Good luck with scans in the next few days everyone else.

And for those of you struggling with the heat (especially at night) do what I do and have a spray bottle of water and lavender drops by the bed. It keeps me cool on those hot yucky nights.

Edited by Ajay

KiwiAtHeart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiAtHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 1:59pm
Another one over here thats been MIA for a bit, seem to have this bug everyone else has got and has been going at both ends (tmi!). Starting to come around a bit now, im just so desperate to feel normal again!
Im starting to get a little bulge now. It came outta no where too.
Finally told parents Sunday night. Good reactions all around. Yay!

Lucylou11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucylou11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 4:52pm
So happy for everyone have good scans! It's such a huge relief.

Dneyn ouch on the UTI, hopefully some antibiotics will knock it on the head quickly, it's such a miserable feeling.

I spoke to my midwife yesterday because the bloating and associated pain I have been feeling seems to be getting worse. I felt like such a big baby but yesterday it was making me break out in a sweat and feel like I could pass out. She happened to be in a chemist so she picked me up some de-gas pills (lol at the name) and dropped them off to me. I thought that was pretty amazing service!
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 6:29pm
hey all just thought i would pop in b4 i start dinner and say scan went well. lady pretty sure i will b low risk but have to wait for combined results.

Hope everyone is well talk tomorro
Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 171>