FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 35>
Author
JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 3:46pm
I'm just back from my scan and we got a heartbeat and got to see wee bits of movement. My dates are right - I'm 9 weeks today. So that is a huge relief. I feel like a need a beer to celebrate - will have to resign myself to smelling DH's!

I've gained a couple of kg so far too. I'm hoping to keep the weight gain a bit more under control than last time! It was quite an effort to lose all the weight after Alex was born.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Bky Bky wrote:

Sorry to hear Luckymama

Bobenner, I'd cut mine back to once a week BF in order to get pregnant, but then once I was I let her at it again. She went up to once every other day then pretty much stopped. It's funny , she'll ask and then pretend to BF and laugh about it. I don't think she cares for the taste now though, also your supply may have gone down, maybe that's why you are getting more feeds?

*lurker in* Im due Oct 1st so have been lurking in here a bit!
I too had to wean to get preg, but concieved a week after weaning then went back to feeding about once or twice a week. There is no milk there tho- even when hes been feeding a while I will try and hand express and I cant even get a drop!
The increase in progesterone supressing the lactation hormones, which means your milk supply decreases or stops- usually around the middle of pregnancy- you can keep continuing to feed tho if u want, but if u want to wean its pretty likely that it will happen. The NZ Le laeche League breastfeeding group have a really good facebook page where u can ask Q's!
Bobenner13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobenner13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 7:01pm
Excellent lurking - thats very helpful! I do seem to still have milk at the moment tho, as my son's developed a weird habit of laughing to himself midfeed, which makes milk run out one of his nostrils. Its both funny and gross all at once!

Oh well hopefully with the hormones etc. he will ween mid pregnancy like you've talked about. I really want him to do it himself rather than me making him. I'll def look up the fb page you mentioned.

I'm actually surprised we managed to get pregnant so fast, as my son is exclusively BF and has never even had a bottle, so it's a bit awesome that the pregnancy happened so quickly - yay!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 7:09pm
Yeah sometimes people can get preg even tho they feeding young babys day and night,...but we were down to 2 feeds a day,..and then down to one and DS was nearly 2 and we been ttc for 8 months, and then got preg as soon as I stopped feeding!
Bobenner13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobenner13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 7:13pm
I guess maybe we were lucky as Berkeley's been sleeping through the night for ages, so that "window" must have let my ovulation and stuff start up. He still feeds 6+ times during the day so I had figured we might be in for a bit of a wait but then - surprise!

Luckily I hadn't been relying on bf'ing as contraception!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 7:16pm
Lol yeah even tho I had to fully wean to concieve we sooo wont be using bf as contraception- 3 is enough for us,...unless we win lotto!!

BreastfeedingNZ is a good facebook page too!
Bobbadandan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbadandan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 8:13pm
Just took a peak to catch up, and so sorry to hear Luckymama23's sad news. Heart goes out to you. I think forums like these are so good for making us all aware how common miscarriages are, and that women do not have to go through it alone. x
angel_babe650 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel_babe650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 8:09am
I'm a little bit worried..I hardly felt sick yesterday and this morning I don't feel sick at all :s
cole88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 8:31am
good morning ladys hope you are well and ms isnt too bad.... so sorry to hear Luckymama23, must be really hard :(. and hopefully its just early redtulip, i was 6 days behind what my longest cycle had been anytime in the last 6months lol and my first scan was the same as yours..... i went back 2 weeks later and all was well :).... i have had bad MS lately its awful... i want it to go i have to throw up almost every morning as soon as i get up :( 10 weeks today so hopefully start getting better soon as im so not used to this had none with DD this is abit of a shock to the system lol...... have a good day, its raining here :(

Mumma Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumma Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 9:38am
angel_babe - try not to worry to much my ms comes and goes Ill have a few good days where I dont have any then its back for about a week.

Got home from work yesterday feeling so I brought some raspberry drops (lollies) and sucked on a few of those, it took the ms away and I was good for a few hours but then it csme back so I ate pizza for dinner hahaha so maybe sucking on lollies etc helps?
Milena View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 10:33am
That's great news JAFAjaffa!

My MS has dropped off more or less completely in the last few days, in fact since the olive incident. I know that 12 weeks is around the time MS can drop off due to the placenta taking over in hormone production & that it should be seen as a positive sign that the placenta is doing its job. However I still feel worried (only pregnant women would worry when things seem too textbook right!)
I have my 12wk scan on Wednesday though so I have FX for good news.

When is it safe to tell people? I get anywhere between 12-14 weeks when Google around.
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 10:36am
Looks like i'm joining in here!!

Complete surprise baby, we (my husband) had decided NO MORE and here we are. About 7 weeks, hopefully having a scan next week to see exactly how far along i am.

I only just got AF back in Dec since having my son in Sept 2010.

I have an nearly 4 year old who was born at 34 wks
and a nearly 18 mth old who was born at 38 wks.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 10:50am

27th August
#1 Milena - Will be finding out!

28th August
#1 cantwait - Will you be finding out?

31st August
#2 Sarah - Will you be finding out?

1st September
#1 Mumma Duck - Will be finding out!

2nd September
#2 bopmum - It's a Surprise!
#2 Bee2010 - Will be finding out!

6th September
#1 Pandaroto - Will you be finding out?

7th September
#1 RG - Will you be finding out?

8th September
#2 Cole88 - Will be finding out!

9th September
#3 buzzydaisy - Will be finding out!
#1 maple - It's a Surprise!

10th September
#2 Luckymama23 - Will be finding out!
#2 Newmaman - It's a Surprise!

11th September
#1 coolstar45 - Will you be finding out?

12th September
#1 redtulip - Will be finding out!

14th September
#2 Jafajaffa - Will be finding out!

16th September
#2 dino1 - Will be finding out!
#1 Vivk - Will you be finding out?

19th September
#1 TeacherLady - Will be finding out!
#2 mirsty - Will be finding out!
#2 MandzG - Will you be finding out?

21st September
#2 **Sarah** - Will you be finding out?
#3 NikkiC - Will be finding out!
#1 chocpigy - Will be finding out! (Date tbc.)

22nd September
#2 angel-babe650 - Will be finding out! (Date TBC)

24th September
#1 Pepi-bebe - Will be finding out!
#3 J&Ls mum - It's a Surprise!

25th September
#1 KcP - Will be finding out!
#2 sbeach - Will be finding out!
#2 LoobyLoo - Will be finding out!
#2 Kels152 - Will be finding out!

26th September
#3 Bobbadandan - It's a Surprise!

27th September
#2 Bobenner13 - Will you be finding out?

28th September
#1 Seraphim - Will you be finding out?

29th September
#2 Bky - Will be finding out!

Scan Dates

16th January - RG - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat
17th January - cantwait - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat
19th January - Luckymama23 - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat
23rd January - Bee2010 - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat
27th January - Cole88 - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat
31st January - chocpigy - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat
01st February - Milena - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat
01st February - Mirsty - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat phew
03rd February - TeacherLady - Dating Scan - Perfect little Heartbeat
08th February - redtulip - Dating Scan
13th February - KcP - Dating scan
13th February - angel-babe650 - Dating Scan
15th February - Mumma Duck - 12 week Scan
17th February - Bee2010 - 12 week Scan
21st February - Kels152 - Dating Scan

Angel babies

Mintyfresh
CandyBear
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 11:12am
Hi J&L's, a due date buddy for me :-)

I've had the worst queasiness all week, awful from morning to night and even when I wake in the night! No vomiting but retching & nauseous. Have been trying everything eg acupressure, sea sickness bands, constant snacking, ginger everything, nux vomica etc. thank goodness I'm not busy working at the moment. Spent Wed - Fri on the couch. Feel like such a sooky bubba!

Am happy about it though crazily, didn't get this with my last pregnancy, so guess its a good sign of pepi growing.

We are not having a 12 week scan but will listen for a heart beat at 11 weeks using my midwifes Doppler. Praying it will be a strong healthy one and we can both relax a little more.

Have a relaxed weekend everyone.

Oct 11 & Mar 12
Seraphim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 1:10pm
Hi all, sorry I haven't been on since my first post... and if this turns into an essay!

Luckymama, I was so sorry to read of your news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Redtulip, thinking of you too, I really hope all goes well for you. I know how hard it can be when you're in limbo. My first bloods, done at what I think was exactly five weeks, came back with a pretty low HCG level (380) so my doctor wanted me to get them checked again in a couple of weeks' time. Think I'll go on Monday. I've been trying not to stress though as I'm sure that won't help anything. I've got a dating scan booked for Tuesday, so hopefully, all going well, that will provide some reassurance.

I haven't had any MS to speak of but my breasts are so sore - when I roll over in bed at night it feels like someone's poking hot needles into them! So I hope that lets up soon. My mum tells me she never experienced morning sickness, so maybe I'll be lucky too.

It's our first baby and we'd like to keep the sex a surprise. We haven't told anyone yet, ideally we'd like to wait unti 12 weeks but I'm sure it'll get more difficult as the weeks go by.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 7:19pm

Milena - we have told close friends and family for support if something goes wrong, but will announce after the 12 week scan when we know all is fine. With the size of my tummy a few people will guess.

My ms is still so bad and I my boobs are leaking already I stopped bf in october so guess they are just getting ready but I hate breast pads but looks like I am going to have to go get some.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

TeacherLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeacherLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 12:14pm
Seraphim- know what you mean about rolling onto your tummy/boobs at night- not cool!

Well I was brave enough to weigh myself this morning and have lost 2-3 kg. I am definitely not eating very much and find I can really only eat between 1-6pm or so.

It is a beautiful day here today.

As for telling people- I've read anywhere between 10-14 is safe. But then again some women do have really late miscarriages- so then if you think like that there isn't really a safe time? AFM other teachers at school have worked it out, I am really showing so it will have to be sooner rather than later as it is better for people to know in my job (me leaving end AUG is going to change a whole lot of stuff).

I hope you have a great day!
JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 1:09pm
Welcome J&L's Mum!

Thanks Milena. Last time I told people at work the second I got to 12 weeks and had had my scan - the radiologist said there was nothing to worry about. So probably this time I will wait until after the scan and combined bloods - I see my midwife quite soon after the scan is supposed to be, so a few days either way won't matter. People do have very late miscarriages, but by that stage I'd think you'd want all the support and consideration in the world, so I don't think I'd be too worried about that now.

My boobs are a little bit sore, but nowhere near as bad as last time and they definitely haven't grown as much as they did last time - I went up 2 cup sizes in the first trimester, and I don't even want to think about how huge they were after Alex was born! I think I've read somewhere that it's normal for those sorts of changes not to be as pronounced the second time around.

Nice lazy weekend for us. I hope everyone else is going well.
Bee2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bee2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 1:35pm
Welcome J&L's Mum.

We picked up my parents from the Airport on Friday so nice to see them again and DS is getting spoiled but its still a little bit much for him at the moment lots of crying going on.
Went out for dinner last night which was really nice.

My MS is getting less and less and I'm actualy feeling quite good still tired and not much Engery but hope that will return soon.

Only 5 more Days til our next scan just wanna know everything is still all right.
And then we are off to Wellington on Saturday for 4 Days hope the weather will be nice.

Hope all your MS is getting better for you soon Ladies.
Yay Milena for 12 weeks only 1 more week for me. We told a lot of people and after the scan we will FB announce it so the rest know as well.
Jafajaffa good to hear you had a good scan.
Teacherlady I was the same with DS I lost 5kg in the first Trimester and this time its 3kg now.
Seraphim good Luck for your Dating Scan on Tuesday.

Angel Babe in our - 07/08
Bee2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bee2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 2:19pm
redtulip also good Luck for your bloods tomorrow are you getting results on the same day??? I keep my fx for you .

angel-babe how are you feeling and also good luck to you for your scan tomorrow that you will see a little bean with a strong heartbeat.
And as others said my MS came in waves as well some days I felt good others not so much.

Angel Babe in our - 07/08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 35>