FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpregnant ladies or new mums Nelson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ErinSheehan103316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErinSheehan103316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pregnant ladies or new mums Nelson
    Posted: 01 April 2013 at 1:06pm
Hi, not sure if this is correct place to put this, my husband and I have just moved to nelson, we are expecting our first child Sept but dont really know anyone in Nelson and am struggling at times to find people to give me advice on things regarding pregnancy, was thinking if theres anyone who also lives in nelson who would maybe like to do coffee group or something to let me know :)
Sponsored Links

ErinSheehan103316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErinSheehan103316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 8:25pm
Aw thank you. we live centre Nelson :)yeah im going to join some classes which will be good way to meet people :)
Bubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 8:27pm
Hello and welcome to Nelson. My hubby and dd shifted here over a year ago when she was 1yo. At the time I wished I had shifted while I was pregnant as people all seemed to meet at antenatal classes and already knew eachother. So my first advice would be join a class, I think parent centre run classes but the hospital may also (someone else may be able to help there). There is also aqua aerobics that I would reccommend as a way of meeting people. Where abouts in Nelson are you?

Otherwise, and I know this is a wee way off but talk to plunket. They have a list of all the activities you can do with bubs, in your area, so you know where you can go. Trust me, it's a lot easier to work these things out when you don't have a baby with you. There are lots of fantastic playgroups, and music classes. I would contact the play groups in your area and talk about visiting while you are pregnant. Then you can chat to some of the mum's without having to watch your wee one.
Also check the free weekly newspapers. They have a section full of lots of activities which may help for meeting people.
Good luck!!
 Post Reply Post Reply