FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC ~ Inbetweeners & Beyond (30 & Up)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 49>
Author
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 1:24pm
Oh yup. I'm lucky enough to have my own space at work.

I used myfitnesspal when I was losing weight too, I love that app
Sponsored Links

PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 2:20pm
Oh me too. I was doing a bootcamp for a while so i wasn't using it, but I'm back on it now. I use an app called endomondo for running and it feeds the run details straight into mfp. My username for mfp is the same as I hbaby of you want to look me up

Edited by PorterLou - 15 May 2013 at 2:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 8:37am
Oh yeah I've heard of that endomondo I pretty much stopped my fitness routine when I got pregnant in December, haven't really jumped back on yet.

Got my first yoga class tonight though so I'm excited about that
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 9:01pm
Hi ladies
I'm the one who started the TTC Under 30 thread wwaaayyyy back when I was under 30 and TTC baby number 1. Fast forward a few years and here I am mum to little miss Bug who is almost 2 and staring down the barrel of another ride on the TTC rollercoaster. We aren't planning to start just yet but have started folic acid and we have a timeline.

I found charting great the first time round as it helped me learn that I had a 16 day LP, good to know saves you wasting money on days 14 and 15 lol. OPK weren't so helpful as I had irregular cycles and would ov anywhere from day 9 - day 26. Charting and checking for EWCM helped me more. After everything it was a hinky cycle I was sure we'd missed the boat on that I got UTD with Bug.

Good luck for all those in the agonising TWW I hope it brings you the result you long for.

Baby dust to all
Lovebeingamummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebeingamummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 9:26pm
What a great group of ladies we have on here!!!!! I have to say that when I was pregnant (first time around) my first symptom was going to the toilet heaps - apart from that the nausea didn't start until about week 6 for me (I thought I had missed it, he he!!). I never had sore breasts like most people seem to and I had a vague period cramp feeling and a bit of blood tinged mucus as well (must have been implantation I guess). I'm on CD 23 now (OV day 19) but only a very slim chance of being preggers this time around as I was too sick over the OV timing (BD 4-5 days before OV so very, very slim chance - super unlikely!). Next month trying for real though!!!! Best wishes all on this journey!!!! ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 9:33am
Hi MrsMJD Wow, pretty crazy that thread is yours and still going strong You are most welcome to hang out with us in this thread too!

I wanted to start TTC in 2010 (when I was 27), but DH wasn't ready, so I've been patiently waiting to start for #1. 2013 was supposed to be our year but we've already had the sorrow of m/c. I like even numbers anyway, so a 2014 baby will suit me just fine (staying positive!).

My cycles have been regular for years as I stopped taking all forms of contraception in my early 20's, I used charting as a preventing method. So I guess I'm kind of lucky in that sense.

We do have awesome ladies on here! I'll join ya in making a full on effort in June Lovebeingamummy
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:01pm
Hi girls, I'm "supposed" to be finishing my assignment which is due tomorrow    Unfortunately, the internet is far more interesting so I'm doing that instead. I'm two days away from AF arriving, and starting to feel a little heavy in the tummy. Found a "first response" test in the bathroom cupboard yesterday during a tidy up (procrastination central here yesterday), its expired (in March) so I used it this morning. It was negative, as I expected, so I can throw it out without "wasting it".

I had a wee look at a couple of your girls' charts while I was figuring out how to link to mine. I confess, girls, that I am horribly embarrassed at the state of mine (we'll call it the lazy girls example of tracking). So I decided yesterday that I'd go to the chemist and buy a thermometer and start doing this temp thing properly. Holey moley, did you know that a basal thermometer is $116??!! No, me either!! I got a massive shock. Needless to say, I said no thanks, and am having a look online. Is the only necessity that its at least 2 decimal places??

Also, really dumb question coming up (again, so embarrassed that at 32 I don't know this) and TMI warning, but would you class day 1 as actual AF day, and ignore light (really light, barely nothing) spotting a day or two before? Thats how I've always done it (ignoring the spotting) but wondered if I'm getting stuff wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:14pm
Hey Porter, Haha I'm pretty darn good at procrastinating as well!

I got my thermometer from the chemist, it was $42 - but that's because I couldn't be bothered waiting for a $16 one off TradeMe. So you should definitely shop around. $116 sounds waaaay too spency to me.

Day 1 of your cycle is Day 1 of your period, not including spotting so you are absolutely right.

Whoops forgot to mention that yes, you just need a 2 decimal place reading for your thermometer.

Edited by Nellennium - 19 May 2013 at 3:15pm
PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 3:37pm
Thats what I thought $116 for a thermometer. It was computer like, it could actually store about 250 of them. Still, thats a huge price to pay. Anyway, I'll check out a few other chemists, I think, see what I can find. It might be too late for the next cycle, however since I'm not going to have time before Tuesday, plus this cycle is going to be a bit stressy/busy for me anyway (exam to study for and sit, half marathon to train for an (almost) run, and year-end fast approaching at work that is going to require some long hours to get my objectives finished.

Thanks Nellennium, thats what I thought (re CD1).

MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 4:59pm
I just used an ordinary thermometer with one decimal place, not quite as accurate but it does the job. If we were going to be using charting for contraception I'd go for the more accurate one lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 5:14pm
I was the opposite, I used one decimal place in charting for contraception for many years. Then this year switching to TTC I got a proper one, to better chart the minuscule differences
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:35am
Since Ive started using my TTC thermometer, I have noticed a huge difference. No massive highs or lows in temps, just a more subtle shift each day. thought Ive only been using it for about 10 days now!! hehe. things are moving along at a normal pace for me ATM. using OPK's, no positive yet but getting watery CM so must be some time in the next week (Sorry if TMI)

How long do you ladies get the watery cm before getting EWCM? My EWCM only seem to last for about a day or two at the most.
DD born 22 April 2014. No 2: BFP 10 September due 23 May 2016 My Ovulation Chart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 7:40pm
That's awesome Avid, makes reading the chart much easier aye looks like you are regular with the time you take it too which makes it an even better chart. I get something almost like EWCM/or EWCM up to 3 days before OV, it's only ever 100% clear and EW for one day though and then it dries up straight away.

Apparently keeping your fluids up and drinking water helps to increase EWCM. I'm not too worried, just going to use preseed
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 1:55pm
Thanks for that Nell. ok this is probably TMI, but currently very watery, and if I really try I get a little bit of EWCM. I noticed last month I only had one day of EWCM but didnt really notice because I thought I had already ovulated. Oh my test yesterday was nearly positive! so kinda hoping today or tomorrow is! makes for a much more normal cycle (for me) if it is! hehe, starting to get excited. now how to get DH fully on board for the next couple of days - dont want to be pushy but dont want to miss the window! I know most guys would be up for it, but DH's drive isnt quite like that.
DD born 22 April 2014. No 2: BFP 10 September due 23 May 2016 My Ovulation Chart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 2:03pm
I'm not fussed on TMI, it's all interesting purely from a factual point to me! I should of been a doctor

What time are you OPK testing? If you feel it was nearly positive it might be best to test morning (11AM) and evening tomorrow so you don't miss the surge.

I hear you about the DH drive not being quite the same. I haven't slept with that many people (so don't get the wrong impression LOL) but out of the ones I have I married the one with the lowest drive! He's a once a fortnight type of person, he's far too logical in that sense - always thinks there's something better/more productive to do with his time, like wash the car or clean the house. Spose I should be grateful he likes to clean haha! My drive is much higher, so quite frustrating
Eliana117282 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliana117282 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:08pm
Hey ladies,

I'd like to join in too if I can. I'm 35 in July, & my DF & I are going to start trying as of this month. I'm excited for this stage in my/our lives but also a little scared & the support of others going through the same thing would be great
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:20pm
Hi Eliana, welcome!

Nell, I have to say I am so greatfull to you for saying about your DH drive! I have to admit, over the years it is something that has concerned me, but knowing I am not the only one is such a relief!! Must make it so frustrating when you get to ov time! I'm going to just try play nice and see what happens!
ATM Im testing in the evening around 5ish when I get home. Didnt think to test this morning. Ill do that tomorrow cause yesterdays test was pretty close, definately a negative but pretty close. And today my CM a bit annoying cause I keep feeling like Ive wet myself! - Im so with you on the TMI thing (kinda think if your completely squeamish you prob shouldn't read these boards cause we get pretty detailed sometimes!!!) hehe - anyway I digress.

ok, so test twice a day from now on, will do!

and in the meantime, we are trying to by a house! Offer went in today, so should know tomorrow at the latest if it has been accepted! wont be unconditional for about 2-3 weeks, but its very exciting!
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 4:59pm
Nell, looks like I dont have to worry about missing the surge....
reddahlia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddahlia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:42pm
Hey ladies :)

I am new to the site - can I join in too? I am 35 and have been TTC for 3 years. Had a laproscopy towards the end of last year for endo. Oh boy am I now familiar with charting, temps, every symptom under the sun (and then some). Nothing is TMI now, that's for sure! Would be nice to have some company on this long-winded but still hopeful journey :)
avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:47pm
Welcome Reddahlia!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 49>