FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 581582583584585 593>
Author
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 9:21pm
Lovely to hear from you BC and a.girl. Thinking of you both... I really feel for you being stuck in the trenches. I often think about the amazing support you and others in this group gave me, and it makes me sad that not everyone has got their miracle.

We are kinda back on the TTC wagon and have contacted FA to start the process of getting to use our frostie. But there’s no pressure this time as we already have our miracle baby so another would just be a bonus.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Sponsored Links

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 11:58am
Hi everyone!

I have not popped in her for a long time and am so surprised by all the wonderful news that has happened in here. Congrats to you all on your successes and new babies that have been born this year! (sorry I have been off since about April so sorry if I don't mention names)

A.girl, BC hiiiii! So happy to see you both post briefly in here too. I'm sad to hear things are still not happening the way you want them to in this area, I have been quietly hoping we'd get a "pop in" message to say you'd both had some success.

A.girl I think we (and most likely plenty of others I'm sure) certainly make for some interesting stories lol I odn't think alot of people I tell about me having 18 CP's quite believes me either! Unfortunately my year hasn't been successful either, and agree with a.girl it just got too difficult being in here so had to step away. I had to step away from all the googling, all the success stories all over the web etc and it's helped put me in a place where I may finally be ok with it never happening for me! The remainder of our IVF failed in May (4 rounds, 12 transfers), and we finally got our name on the wait list for public funding. Have already found out we will be with Repromed, rather than FA where we have been for 4 years. We are hoping this time we will get enough to test, rather than continuing to hope that we get a sticky one (coping mechanism I guess) I also met with another doctor at FA who put me on a strong round of antibiotics for two weeks back in August. She thought perhaps something had happened with my daughters birth, that caused a small, undetected infection in the lining of my uterus (one that will only be picked up if actually looking, or testing for it). But DH and I have actually been enjoying (me mostly lol) the days of no timings for pills etc, appointments etc while still "trying". Still no luck yet, but maybe 2018 will be different. We have decided it will be our last year trying, as it has already been 6 1/2 years for us.

A.girl I would love to join an infertility forum/group if you come across a good one.

I hope everyone continues with the amazing success in here!

Edited by Storm11 - 20 December 2017 at 12:01pm
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 7:03pm
Hi Storm and Kumaroa! Oh, it's so lovely to hear from you girls Thanks so much for your support.

Kumaroa, I thought about you heaps when I was going through my ectopic. I don't know how you dealt with 3!?!?! You must be such a strong woman!

Storm, I'm so sorry to hear about your failed transfers. But yay for public funding and for Repromed!!! That's who I work with - you will LOVE them. It's such a great clinic and the staff are incredible. When do you guys get started? I'm glad you are enjoying not TTC - it's a relief, eh? But I have to admit, I find it super hard around OV time. I just think we're wasting a precious egg that could be THE one. I wish I knew of a good infertility group - I just hang out in the facebook group for people with my translocation. It's a mix of positive stories and those still struggling, so I only relate to some of it. If you are reading this storm, send me an email scollin@hotmail.com :-)   I'd love to be in better contact with you. All the best. xx

Hi everyone else! I hope you all had a relaxing holiday and that 2018 brings lots of little bundles of joy. x
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 2:49pm
a.girl, storm, I do recommend reddit.com/r/infertility. Especially as they don't allow talk of success (outside specific results threads) so it's less in your face than it's been on here the past year.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 11:10am
I've jumped on here for the first time in a very long time, and am really happy to see so many good news stories! But sorry that things are still not great for you a.girl and Storm. I agree with a.girl - you'll love repromed, all the staff (especially the nurses and embryologists) are really great.

So, the reason I'm back here again is we're TTC again. Currently only trying naturally as theoretically it is possible that pregnancy changed whatever the "unexplained" problem was. I'm not at all optimistic and am very aware that I'll be 38 in April but DH doesn't want to start the assisted process just yet. I've agreed to wait until April for first FET - we've missed the January opportunity, and we'll be away in March, so although we could time it for February I know that once we've started, I won't want to take a month off and I don't believe that it will work first time. In fact, I'm not very optimistic about any of the frosties - we have 3 but the embryo that became DD was very clearly the best one at the time (I can't remember the exact grades, but she was the star!)

Here's hoping 2018 is a great year for everyone!
TTC #1 from 2012. Unexplained.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN
IVF2 Oct '15- BFP, 3 frosties. DD born Aug '16

TTC #2
FET1 BFN, FET2 CP, FET3 cancelled
IVF3 Oct '18- FET1 BFN, FET2 BFN
IVF4 May '19- BFP, 1 frosty
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 8:20pm
Thanks a girl. I’m not sure I’m strong. But I was determined. I also think I havnt fully dealt with what has happened and still have moments. I’m still shot scared I will somehow miraculously get pregnant and have another. I was paranoid the whole pregnancy with DS that it would go pear shaped. This journey for kids is just f*****n hard
After one round of IVF I’m not sure how some of you ladies endure multiple rounds
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 10:48pm
Hey Storm! So good to hear from you, but totally get your reasoning for keeping your distance. And I’m gutted to hear no luck in your 4 cycles 😢. I admire your determination to keep going this long. Really hope your funded round provides your miracle, any indication on when you can expect to be seen?

Nice to hear from you roubaix. All the best for your FET(s)... keep us posted on how you go!

And I’m not at all into politics but I can’t help feeling so happy for Jacinda and Clarke. I really relate to her situation of finding having a baby may not be going to happen so choosing to go full steam ahead focus on career, then she gets her dream job and she gets pregnant... meant to be I reckon.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2018 at 9:17am
Thanks ladies! Roubaix it's lovely to hear from you (as brief and rare as it seems to be now for some of us) How is your TTC going? Did you manage to get in for Feb so far?

Star thanks hun, I'm not at all sure where my determination comes from, but a lot that has happened over the last few months has pushed me to be ok with giving it one last year. A year ago at least, I would'nt have been anywhere near being ok with throwing it all in! I don't think our 12 month wait comes up until May or June this year, so a few more months yet.
I know from chats over the years some have had to make contact with the clinic on their wait time - anyone know when I should make contact just to make sure I'm still there etc lol

In the meantime we have just got back on track with trying naturally again - currently 6dpo so fingers crossed!!!
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2018 at 9:47am
Hey a.girl, thanks for the email address to keep in contact. I tried sending to scollin@hotmail.com and it bounced back saying mailbox unavailable?
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 9:17pm
Hey Storm, when we were on the public wait list (although that was back when it was OFS in Dunedin) they told me to call in every month with my day 1 and speak to a nurse who would note it down and check for me that I was still on the list/give me an update of wait time. I also once got a tip from one of the nurses that every now and then someone would cancel a publicly funded cycle at the last minute so they would have a space open up and if you just happened to call in with day 1 on the right day you could be lucky enough to take that spot even if you weren't next on the list.  I'm not sure if that happens at other clinics or not but it sounded legit at the time!

FA have since taken over in Dunedin and I have to say the change in the level of service / responsiveness is amazing. They're super helpful, quick to come back to me... wow is all I can say. I met with their Dr (Kate - she's so nice!) last week who said their success rates have doubled since the time I had my IVF with OFS... so I have to admit I'm a little bit hopeful about our FET next month. Although right now I'm having trouble remembering to take my Estradiol 3x a day, whoops... Confused
Fairylight Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairylight Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 10:23pm
Hi ladies. I haven't been on in quite some time. I've had a very quick scroll through. Devastated for those who are still here.
BC I saw you'd posted on the previous page and I had to hold my breath reading what you wrote. I was so hoping to read something positive for you. I was so gutted for you loosing your wee girl.

It's been quiet here, which I hope is a good thing!

AFM, our girl is 2 years old. An absolute treasure who I still look at everyday in awe of her existence. We have decided to try using our donor sperm for a sibling. I feel so selfish trying for a second baby when I know so many still don't have a baby in their arms. But I would live with regret for the rest of my life if we didn't at least try. I had an appointment at FAW last week and was told I could start at next CD1! I burst out laughing because I was days away from CD1 so it was way way too soon. So I'm currently on AF and will officially start on next CD1 near easter. Clomid, possible trigger and IUI.

Anyway, I hope you're all well or at least coping, living.
TTC 6yr
3x IVF/ICSI 6ET (5 x MC/1 BFN)
3x endo ops/severe MFI
'15 IUI DS #3 BFP

TTC#2 '18 IUI DS #2 BFP

https://lbdf.lilypie.com/b9d5p12.png
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 1:17pm
Hi all just checking in to let you all know our wee boy arrived into the world on 28th February at 3:03pm , 2 days after his due date after being induced the day after his due date. Was a marathon of a labour and nothing went as planned but now he's here and safe that's all that matters. We have called him Casey and he weighed a hefty 10 pound 10 ounes and 60cm long.

Good luck to everyone still on the journey, hang in there.
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 5:15am
Congrats Faith! I've been a little lax in updating. I had our daughter in December, 3 weeks early. She was only 5lbs and 46cm long. Even now she's not as big as your boy, Faith! I hope your recovery is going well :)

Fairylight, I can't speak for everyone, but I believe you deserve the opportunity to try for and have more children. I wish you the very best of luck.

Star, wishing you also the best of luck with your FET. Please keep us updated.
TTC 2014. IVF DD 2017.
2 Fur babies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Fur babies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2018 at 8:43pm
Congrats Faith and ADN. We had our little boy 2nd Feb, 5 days over due. I was induced after waters were breaking for 24 hours. Very fast labour and 7 pound 9 born.planned a home birth but every thing changed and was stuck to the hospital bed.

All the best to everyone else still on this journey, I think about yous all often. Xx
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 9:25pm
Congrats ladies it's so nice seeing your little ones have arrived well and safe.

Fairylight good luck with trying for another! I know how you feel with trying for another when some have none. I am thinking the same!

Star good luck with your upcoming cycle.

Love popping in here and seeing how the family is going. I have been thinking about what is next for us. Our little girl is 4months now and we still have our frozens.... thinking i need to ring FA and talk with doc on options/what's next. I think we will try for one more. Guess it will depend on how long I need to wait.
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 9:16am
Congrats FurBabies!

Sweetpea, do update on plans going forward. We're 2 months behind you but thinking the same. Also need to figure out when to make that call.
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 10:11pm
Awesome to hear from you ladies, congrats on your bubbas!!!

FET today, embie on board... now we wait...
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 10:06am
Yay Star! keeping fingers crossed and sending good vibes your way!
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2018 at 11:45pm
Sending good vibes star!
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2018 at 4:53pm
Thinking of you Star. When do you test?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 581582583584585 593>