FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 593>
Author
ShimmaShine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShimmaShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 3:36pm
Hey ya'll! Sorry I've been out of the action sick as a dog!

I have read back but I am still a bit sick so I will unfortunately have to be lazy this time around and blanket you all by saying that I hope you are all surviving, and well, and that wherever you are in your cycle/path that you're doing ok! So sorry for nothing more personal, I do care! I'm just sick

AFM, as I've said, I've been sick. Been aggges now and only just finally starting to get on the up, but I think it is a mixture of doing the work of 2 people at home (and not having anyone to look after me), coupled with my reluctance to take anything at all for it in the beginning because I am trying to remain virtually drug free, and then also because I completely ran myself into the ground last week as it was my last week of work so I just had to go in (usually I would have had time off to get better!) Then add in a few late nights for farewell 'drinks' (lemonades for me - at least the sickness provided an excellent cover story for not drinking!!) and the overall emotion of leaving (I was a blubbering mess on Friday!) and come yesterday I was just a complete wreck. Slowly getting better now I think/hope. Lots of sitting on the couch/lying in bed.

Had my bloods today to check my levels for the manufactured cycle and it is all good, so I start the pessaries tomorrow. I kind of was expecting it to go wrong this time seeing as I had been so sick and full of other drugs and things, but so far, so good.

Another bug story for you all! First I was getting something out of the pantry when I noticed an ant. I squished it. Then I noticed another ant. I squished it. And another. Crud. Lifted up the packet of chocolate biscuits and the little buggers were swarming. Five years in our house and we have never seen more than one singular lost ant, and now this? I got them all and (begrudgingly) sacrificed my biscuits to the garbage and had a very lonely, biscuit-less cup of tea , but I figure that it is because usually when DH is here, the chocolate biscuits would never have survived long enough to attract ants! haha. All future biscuits in a sealed container now!

However the evening did not end there. I then went into the bathroom to have a shower, except there was already someone in there. A cricket. And not just any cricket - the worlds largest cricket. I think perhaps it was the mother of the cricket I hunted and killed in the bedroom that time - or the father of the one I murdered with the garden hose. Alas, this one also had to die. So out came the trusty fly spray - doused him. He sat there like it was a summers eve rain shower trickling down on him. So I turned on the shower. He swam about like it was a resort pool in Mexico. So I turned the handle over to the hottest it would go. Turns out crickets don't enjoy scalding water. However he was so big he wouldn't even go down the shower drain hole (see, not just exaggerating!) so I waited 10 minutes before I was 'sure' he was dead, then scooped him up with some toilet paper and sent him on his final swim down the porcelain pipes with a satisfied flush.

I have concluded that all DHs must just innately kill bugs in their regular goings about and not tell us. Either that or I really am dealing with an orchestrated bug offensive assault.

Happy Sundays all

Edited by ShimmaShine - 04 May 2014 at 3:37pm
Sponsored Links

Lesley104550 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley104550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 4:16pm
Hi all,

hope everyone has been having a good weekend.

Glad you are starting to feel better Shimma. At least now you have finished work you will have plenty of time to relax and get completely well again. Great news about the blood test.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 4:19pm
I am in stitches shimma! Your bug stories just make my day every time. You sound like you're getting very brave with them though.
Glad to hear you're on track for the cycle. I'll be crossing everything for you and hope you get better soon!
I've got my next bloods in the morning. Means I'll be a bit late to the first day of school...lucky I've got a very good boss. Had one yesterday but no idea if it's on track guess I'll ask tomorrow.

How's our other ivfers? Hope you're all coping well.
And our other girls?

Monkey - coming to the realisation that maybe you need help to get utd is always hard. Remember to look after yourselves during this time and let yourselves feel whatever emotions you're feeling.

TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley104550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 4:39pm
Hey BC

I have my birst blood test tomorrow too. All the best for yours :-)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 5:00pm
Exciting Lesley!!! All the best :)
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 9:39pm
Thanks BC and good luck
TTC since December 2012,
Unexplained
Rainbow baby due May 18 :)
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 7:51am
Morning ladies!

Shimma I'm with you on being sick! Flu hit me all weekend and I'm just coming right today. Although have taken a day off work to ensure a full recovery! Glad you are getting better and I seriously am waiting for the next bug story already! It's like reading a novel or something it's hilarious! They really are giving you a good go while your DH is away

Good luck with the blood tests today BC and Lesley

Hugs to all
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley104550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 5:26pm
Thanks Storm,

BT was fine. Got a text today just saying to continue on the same and do another BT on Thursday. No idea what that means but going with it.

how was everyones monday?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 6:09pm
Get well soon you sick ones.

Lesley just means they're happy with your levels and it's not time to trigger yet.

Had bloods today now bloods and scan tomorrow. Very early start will be gone by 5:45am!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley104550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 6:22pm
Geez bc, thats early :-)

Thx for the info. Thought I might have a bt and scan next so wonder if things havent progressed enough to bother with a scan?
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 6:28pm
Hi all. Great Lesley and BC. Sorry BC, I completely missed that you were doing another cycle, thought it was another FET. Is it better or worse doing it the second time do you think?

Shimma, love your bug stories. We have mice! Mother in law was staying over the weekend and answered the call from DH to come and deal with the mouse we caught while they stood warily in the middle of the room. Apparently I do mice and he does spiders. Suits me!

BT today, HCG 2560 so rising perfectly. Early ultrasound next week so trying out my new ticker. Am feeling a little bit more excited now but just looking to the next milestone.
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 6:29pm
Auntie, that's great news! Congrats! !!
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 7:59pm
Awesome auntie congrats hun!!!

Just another FET for me but natural cycle so lots of bloods and scan.

Lesley you're totally right you should be expecting a scan. I can't remember when I had mine but will get back to you. I had two scans before ec day and one on the day.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 8:09pm
Ok Lesley so I just looked back at my blog and from what I gather it was one bloodtest with a scan then two days later another scan. However I did a short cycle and didn't do the pill so yours will be different due to them taking control via the pill.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 8:20pm
Auntie that's awesome, yay for the scan!

Glad you're going well Lesley, I'm on day four of injections, scan on Friday. Doing ok so far, tired and was super
hungry today though!

BC are you doing another fresh cycle?! Thought you were doing another FET this time?

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 8:36pm
Ahhhh, OK. Finally figured out that they're scanning for endometrium thickness, yes? Total IVF obsession and couldn't figure out why they'd be looking at your ovaries in a FET BC!
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 8:52pm
Lol just another FET for me epic but because they run with my natural cycle they scan to see lining and make sure the follie correlates with my bloods. I had scans last time too. Cd 13 tomorrow so hopefully it shows I'm about to pop one and I can end all this mad dashing to be needled and probed before heading to work haha.

Glad to hear you're keeping well epic.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
ShimmaShine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShimmaShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 8:53pm
Glad to hear the BTs went well today ladies. I went in and picked up more pessaries today, and paid the bill for the next FET. Ugh. Went in with my sister and niece though after we picked her up from daycare and everyone was STARING at her and smiling all the way walking in there and then in there and then all the way walking out. I told my sister it's normal - most of the women in the vicinity of that building are a little baby-focussed and she should keep a tight grip on my niece haha! Gosh she is so cute though I just want to steal her myself! Having afternoon tea tomorrow with my sister and niece and my sister-in-law and nephew, so I might just take one of theirs while they aren't looking and be done with it. Smuggle them into Italy

Wow, so very exciting getting a ticker Auntie, and congrats on the hCG - keep on a'rising!

epic I hope the jabs are going ok and that your scan goes well on Friday. I was EXHAUSTED both when I first started Clomid, and when I was on my injections, and everyone seems to get different side effects. I literally fell asleep at my desk at work one day. Luckily I stayed sitting up and it was only for a few minutes and when my pen dropped out of my hand and hit the desk it woke me up with a start
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Auntie Awesome Auntie Awesome wrote:

Ahhhh, OK. Finally figured out that they're scanning for endometrium thickness, yes? Total IVF obsession and couldn't figure out why they'd be looking at your ovaries in a FET BC!

With natural cycle FET it's important to match up with transfer at a similar time to when implantation would have been - after ovulation the follicle becomes a cyst that produces the progesterone that stops your period - if bubba implants then the hormone feedback keeps the cyst producing progesterone until around 12 weeks, otherwise it disintegrates around 12 days post ovulation (and you end up getting AF).

Which is why in manufactured or fresh cycles where you don't ovulate you need progesterone pessaries to duplicate this until the 12 week (ish) mark when the placenta takes over everything.

Must say, I'm starting to get excited about next week, as I'm fairly certain I should get my AF by the end of this week, so should be able to start again!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 5:14am
Mushroom you are a wealth of knowledge hun. Thanks for that snippet.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 593>