FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 593>
Author
ShimmaShine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShimmaShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 7:03am
Thanks ladies - yeah its been interesting, but we are just so relieved to be back together, feels like we can face anything now to be honest !

Icecream, I ended up having to take a week off around (before and after) my EC, but that's because I had solo many follicles and was getting very uncomfortable - I only ever intended to take off the day of EC and one or two after. I also never intended to tell my 'bosses' about it (had told a few of my seniors, for support and so I wouldn't be overloaded with work) but I ended up needing to as questions were being asked about the time off.

Everyone has different work circumstances and different health circumstances - so you just need to do what you are comfortable with
Sponsored Links

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 10:30am
Welcome shimma. Glad you are having a nice time in Italy even if it has meant letting go of being strong! I did long distance apart from DH for 8months 15 months ago and being back was really weird. Soon you go back to the old familiar feeling. I'm sure it won't take long.
Are you going to work over there or be a lady of leisure?

I don't know when I get the results. My GP said he would phone me as he expected everything to be normal (my normal non 3D ultrasounds have always been fine). That includes the blood tests though so it might be a while because I only had the blood test yesterday, DH is doing his today but I think they take a week or so to do the test. I'm not too worried given all my previous ultrasounds have been fine!

Ice cream - hope AF is short and sweet for you and you can start growing lots of nice follies.

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 3:56pm
Icecream I was lucky with mine as it was summer holidays so didn't need time off. But had it been school time I would've needed at least a couple days after as I was super sore. That was due to getting so many eggs though so everyone is different. If I'd had to take the time it would've gone under sick leave but I'm lucky as have stacks of leaving owing so can afford to take it. We don't he annual leave as such so any other leave is taken unpaid.

Hope you've all had a great day. Just hanging at the holiday house in taupo waiting for me girls to arrive. Bring on the constant baby talk....😮 (I'm being cheeky btw lol).
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 2:59pm
Hope your all having lovely weekends and staying warm and dry!

Opted for a stay at home inside day! Just had a wardrobe clear out and I was working on DH birthday present - writing him a book with 365 reasons why I love him, saw the idea on Pinterest using a jar but I thought a book would be nice. Been working on the list since my lap but started writing it last weekend and still got ages til his birthday with is good as it is taking ages

Just relaxing on the sofa now with a cup of herbal tea, good book and magazines and a hot water bottle on my toes - perfect

Read something yesterday that it is bad to drink cold drinks and eat the likes of ice cream - anyone else hear that? Given it is winter and freezing not so much of an issue but I will ensure my water is room temperature as I do drink from the cooler

Enjoy your weekends ladies
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 4:19pm
I should probably ask this in the mc thread but I feel more comfortable here so I'll roll with it. For those who had a mc and or d&c how long did you wait before bd again? Have read two wks and was told 2wks of no netball, lifting etc but actually nothing about bd as such. It'll be two wks come Monday. I'm not cramping nor feeling ab pain like was but still getting a bit of spotting so should I be waiting for that to bugger off or just dive in?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 5:28pm
BC - Well I was told specifically to wait two weeks to BD. However I was told a week last time so go figure! Last time I didn't for about 4 weeks because I was spotting/bleeding lightly the whole time. But this time DH and I gave it a test run this morning..... And it's not 2 weeks yet for me either. Was fine :). Could have tried sooner I'm sure but because I've been away hasn't worked out til today.

As for weather - well winter is actually best time of year here (far north australia) for me. Beautiful sunny and dry every single day, gets to 25-30 degrees most days!! Went out kitesurfing today and got up on the board!!! Went really well. Going to buy myself the gear next week!!!
As for cold drinks - I dislike cold drinks. Always have so I don't generally drink anything unless it's room temperature anyway. But I highly doubt it could affect TTC though. Everything is warmed up in your stomach before it heads further down and stomach is miles from important TTC bits!!!!

Hope everyone is well.

Baby girl born 26/06/15
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 7:29pm
Great thanks nzvegie. I think we're ready to get busy hehe. I feel like being able to will make me feel a bit more normal and help me move on.
Weather -cool but stunning here today. I had netball so couldn't enjoy it in the garden. Hopefully tomorrow brings the same.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 7:44pm
Hey ice cream, I've heard that re: not having too many cold foods from both Chinese medicine practitioners and a naturopath. Not sure of the science behind it.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 7:15pm
Interesting about the cold thing. I've heard others on here discuss it too. Wonder what the science is?

Have been thinking about our grads.....girls how you doing?? MrsI when are you due? And everyone else hope you're doing ok. Can't wait to get back on the grad list lol.

Hope everyone's keeping warm. Freezing here and supposed to snow so maybe I'll get an actual snow day this week. Schools back tomorrow oh joy lol. Quite used to this 'at home' lark I've got going on.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 8:16pm
Hey BC, first time I've checked back for a while. Thinks are OK, beginnings of a baby bump going on.
Icecream - my EC was on a Thursday, took that day and the Friday off. definitely needed the Thursday and even the Friday I was pretty sore. Had transfer on the Sunday otherwise I would have taken the day off then as well. My immediate boss knew, I have rostered shifts so someone had to be covering me and I thought it was fair to let her know early. I also needed three scans, two were days off anyway and one I was just a couple of hours late. I think it totally depends on your workplace but two days off post EC seems like a minimum. I could have gone back to work after transfer if it had been a work day but had already told me boss I 'needed' that day off as I had just planned to chill and take it easy. Good luck with everything.
Hi everyone else, BC glad you sound OK, am that you also it's fine to not be OK too! Shimma, frosts yesterday and Friday in Auckland, much nicer places to be!
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 8:23pm
Great to hear you're good Auntie. Exciting about bump.
Yep I'm ok. Too much hard work being down and sad I've decided. Of course I have moments (eg on the drive home from netball last night) but everyone has crap going on so I keep telling myself life isn't too bad.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 9:53pm
Hey ladies! I don't post much but I've worked myself up into a bit of a state and just wanted to ask a question. I had transfer today and they transferred back 1 embryo which was a 3bb. This is our second round if ivf last one didn't go to well and although it is better quality than last time from what I've read on google it's a bit crap and I shouldn't be getting my hopes up and am guessing already once again there will be none to freeze. Does anyone who has had ivf remember the grading of their embryos?

Edited by Jacq_P - 20 July 2014 at 9:54pm
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 10:04pm
Well after a very lazy day yesterday due to the weather we had an amazing day today. Up early, went to church (have not been in ages but knew a new minister was at the church and he called my DH about a work project so figured it was a sign), then had sushi in town and went to a movie, last day off for dd so nice treat, then came home and did some gardening - just fab!

I think the cold thing is Chinese and something to do with your body having to heat up the food/drink and take energy and blood away from your uterus. Anyway it is an easy win - stay warm!

Cd1 today, blood test tue and then we will see if the drugs have been working, then roll on the eggies!

Thanks for the advise about ec aa. I have a catch up with my boss on Tuesday so can tell him I have pre appointment for my Friday scan and then a procedure that I need two days off for but taking the week as when I had my lap I ended up working late the night before and not being rested. Hate lying but it is all kinda true too!

Bc sleep well and enjoy school tomorrow

NZveggie kite surfing sounds fun, I have only ever jet skied and that was 15+ years ago

Edited by Icecream - 20 July 2014 at 10:04pm
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 10:18pm
GL icecream! 
man i have this weird tight feeling right across my uterus- like when you do lots of pushups and your abs feel not sore but really tight and tired... its like that but lower down.. so weird lol. 3dpo way to early for anything i know..mind playing tricks on me again probably Tongue
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 10:34pm
Hey ladies
Icecream - Kite surfing is super fun icecream! I'm really getting into it. Going to buy my gear this week and as I said in TTC after m/c thread, I figure if that ain't guaranteed to get me UTD then nothing is :) (it's a harness around your wait so a baby belly is not compatible). Gear costs around $2500!!!! So big investment. Luckily DH is getting into it too and we are same height and weight so can share gear!!!
Jacq - no idea about grading sorry. But good luck for this one. Hope it works for you although I understand the difficulty with being positive after past failures.
BC - I had a meltdown after netball too!!! But back to being good again. You're so right, hard to waste energy on being down. Overall life is pretty good and I can't complain either.
AA - I'm new here. But exciting about a baby bump!!!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 10:29am
Sorry ladies feeling sorry for myself - slept badly and off work today with terrible period pains. I have had back ache on one side since Wednesday and thought I was going to pass out with pain tmi during bowel motions.
Miffed and feeling down because apparently there is nothing wrong?!? Well I am kinda sure this is not right either. I am going to ask the nurses when I am back in, that would really suck - 4 years ttc and then end up with no baby and a sh*t week in every four as a reminder!!!
I know fertility is their main game but I fill like my issues have been ignored. Maybe I go back to the Gp and enquire about ibs - can it just come on around your period?
In bed with hot water bottle on my tummy as it helps a little and a few magazines. Might take my fur baby for a walk but it keeps snowing (not lying though)
Sorry to be so down today - here's hoping I don't need to worry for 9 months
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 1:03pm
Hi everyone, I'm new on here and am currently going through IVF in Dunedin. I had a cycle cancelled in May this year due to a low response to the drugs, I was on gonal F and cetrotide. This time around I am on menopur and cetrotide. I had a scan last Friday and only had 4 follicles with the biggest being 6.7mm! Egg collection was scheduled for this week, have another scan tomorrow but have a feeling that this cycle will be cancelled too. The nurses said they cancel approx. 10 % of cycles, feeling pretty crap thinking that both my cycles will fall into that 10%! Has anyone else been on menopur or had their ivf cycle cancelled due to low response? Hope everyone is doing ok, this forum is really good!
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 2:14pm
Welcome nik26 - I am with ofs too, first time trying ivf with first blood test tomorrow and scan next Friday. I am so sorry to hear your first cycle was cancelled. I really hope your scan tomorrow shows the follies have grown some more, such a shame when you go through all those injections to get a poor response. Which doctor are you with? What other treatments have you tried? Did you respond to clomid if you took it? Did they change your drugs this time?
Sorry for so many questions! This forum is great.
Hugs
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 3:07pm
Welcome Nik. Sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. I was the opposite with mine and responded to excess. Still had collection though just was super painful. Only ended up with two frozens which I've used both with no take home baby just a mc to add to the long list of things.

Icecream I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough day hun. Hope you're on the mend now. Breaks my heart that it has to be so hard.

AFM - waiting for it to dump epic snow here lol. I want a snow day dang it!!! Other than that am ok I guess. Just trucking along.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 5:00pm
Thanks for your response ladies!

Icecream - Yes it is very disappointing going through all the injections which all feels like for nothing when it gets cancelled! I'm with Wayne Gillett, I think he is great - always so positive which makes me feel good about things but then it never seems to turn out positive. I don't get a period so I don't ovulate. Tried 3 rounds of clomid last year, got good follicle response - better than this round of ivf but my bloods never came up so ivf was our only option according to Wayne. I have a really high egg count and I'm not very big so they are really careful with my dosage as they don't want me to over stimulate - that seems far from whats happening now! Wayne decided to try me on Menopur this time around because it contains both FSH and LH - I'm the first person to try it at OFS so I guess they are being cautious. I hope your IVF is going ok, its a very emotional journey!

babycrazy - Sorry to hear about your mc, I can't even imagine what going through that! Was this your first ivf cycle? Are you getting another try?

Sorry for the long message!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 593>