FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 593>
Author
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 5:06pm
Icecream - was meant to ask who are you with at OFS and have you tried any other treatments before ivf?
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 6:10pm
Don't imagine it Nik that's all I say about mc. We had our first ivf after 4 x iui (all funded) in January but didn't transfer embies until April and May due to over stimulation. Second one that went in turned into twins but stopped growing at about 6wks. Pretty stink after all that effort so I kinda get how you must feel with having cycles cancelled. We've exhausted our funding now so will pay for our next cycle. Fingers crossed it works!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 6:22pm
*lurker in*

Hi Nik - just wanted to jump in and say I had 2 IVF cycles cancelled due to low/no response (both Gonal F) despite Wgtn FA being concerned I'd overstimulate (due to a ridiculously high AHM). All that work for nothing is the pits so I know how frustrated you must be feeling right now. I then did IVM through Auckland FA which is meant to be better for non-responders and I made it to retrieval (22 eggs) but not transfer. I've recently had Ovarian Drilling which hopefully will make me either ovulate naturally or be more responsive to the meds. Pretty much at the end of our public funding though.

Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 9:01pm
Hey Nik, I'm in Dunedin too, have had quite low responses on both my failed cycles but they weren't cancelled. Hope you gave better luck this time!

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 10:17pm
Nik I am with Barbara Richards at ofs. Epic hope your keeping well

AFM still feeling pants but had a restful day

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 6:08am
Hey ice cream, I'm ok, just biding time now till our next appointment with Barbara! Will be watching this space for your IVF/BFP, updates though!

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 6:38am
Thanks epic - hope I can bring some good news to the group
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 11:59am
Morning girls. Hope everyone is well.
Icecream - Hope you are feeling better today. Sorry yesterday was a stink day for you! Glad you at least had the day off to relax. Blood test day today?
BC - Did you do a 'test run'?? Hope things are all back to normal for you and the spotting has stopped/settled.
Epic - I really hope that you have better success with your next IVF. Will they be changing it up to get a better response?

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 12:04pm
Hi ladies! I've been reading as I can but haven't had a chance to post much. There isn't really anything remotely exciting going on with me unfortunately. I'm on CD26 and can you beleive I don't think I have at all ovulated!! I've been tracking with OPK's and they have a couple of times now started to look like they would be getting darker, only to get lighter, and my temp hasn't at all spiked! Just can't beleive it - don't think I've never not Ov'd I will give FA a call this week sometime to see if they will let me do unmonitored clomid.

But anyway, glad to see you are getting "back to normal" BC and NZveg. And Icecream sorry you have been feeling down. I too hope you can bring us some good news in here

Big hi and hugs to everyone else, think of you all often
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 7:51pm
Well my blood tests are all good so sticking with the plan. Start gonal f injections on Thursday and half the dose of buresline, next blood test next Wednesday

Flip storm cd26 and no egg - you must be annoyed. I recall having a 54 day cycle - nothin worse than just waiting and wanted to get into the next one. So frustrating - hugs

Nik - how did your scan go today?

When I was leaving after my blood test I happened to notice a lady with a green drug bag just like mine and I wondered was she a fertility patient, could not tell you anything else about her but she had a green drug bag!

Are you aware of Dunedin group - below is from an email I got recently:
Dear FNZ member

There is also a casual support group beginning in Dunedin on Thursday 7th August at 7pm. If you are interested in attending, please email dunedinsupport@fertilitynz.org.nz

If you know someone who could benefit from either of these groups, please feel free to forward to them.

Regards,

Nicola Bitossi
BA (Soc Sci); PG Dip Bus Admin (HR) (Mktg)
Business Support Manager
Fertility New Zealand

Edited by Icecream - 22 July 2014 at 7:58pm
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 7:59pm
Lol yep nzvegie we got down to business last night two wks to the day. Was all good. Still got some funny brown going on but very light and here and there. No idea if/when I'll ov but noticed a bit of ewcm today so maybe getting back to normal.
Storm I hear you on the long cycle unknown thing. I'm so used to being clockwork so it's a bit disconcerting not knowing. Trying to not let it worry me at this stage.
And as I type this I realised that until my hsg comes down it's not likely I'll ov. Doh!!! More bloods late next week to find that out.
Icecream glad bloods went well. Yay for starting 'proper' injections hehe.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 8:03pm
Actually BC you can ov with small amounts of hcg. But your right mostly needs to have comedown. I think it will be almost gone by now - I did a hpt today and after 2 minutes it was stark white. Did get a fainty at the 10 minute mark but fainter than what I get with my BFPs at 11-12dpo. Yay!!!! Must be almost gone.

Baby girl born 26/06/15
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2014 at 8:22pm
Great news nzvegie. I would presume mine had almost gone given the drop it did in a week.
Here's to getting utd sooner rather than later.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 7:14am
Haha ice cream I saw someone with the drug bag on my last IVF too, it's a dead giveaway! I had seen the support group info, still in two minds about it!

Storm, sucks you haven't ovd! Could just be all the drugs still messing with your systems.?

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 9:33am
Hmmm Epic maybe that's it. Can that be a common thing does anyone know? My temp spiked a bit today - 35.99 yesterday to 36.37 today... so if it was due to OV yesterday then I've totally missed the ball! Which prob doesn't matter anyway cause OV at CD26 can't be a good thing... oh well!

Funny about the drug bag - when I collected mine I wondered how many of the people sitting in reception knew exactly what my bag was for lol

Icecream that's great your bloods are going well and you can stick to the plan!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 10:53am
Bummer about ov storm. Personally my cycles went back to clockwork after the drugs so I'm not much help at all!

Finally snowed but not enough for a day off bugger it lol. And finally over my cold, managed a workout last night too so feeling rather happy right now.
Have a wonderful day girls xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 11:59am
haha yeah when I have been for my u/s there always seems to be someone with the same green drug bag! I always wonder how they are getting on! Had my scan yesterday and I now have 6 follicles, 4 of them which are approx. 11mm. What surprised my the most was my bloods were over a 1000, this is the highest they have ever been (last cycle got to 280). Getting rescanned on Friday. I kind of have a sore stomach like period pain, not sure if this is a good thing or not? Icecream - glad to hear everything is going to plan for you, good luck with starting the gonal f. When will your first scan be? I did see a post earlier about the Dunedin support group, I'm the same as epic, not sure if its for me or not?
Epic - sorry to hear about your previous cycles of IVF. I see you are going for a private cycle in October. Do you know if they will increase your dosage or anything? I would be worried with spending all the money if they weren't going to try anything different.

Sweet conception - Thanks for your post, Was there a reason you went for IVM instead of IVF apart from low response? Would have been so upsetting getting 22 eggs but nothing to transfer! What's your next step/plan from here?

Hope everyone else is good.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 12:58pm
Great bloods Nik. Your ovaries will be bulging up with those follies so that'll be the pain you're feeling. Mine were the size of mandarins apparently! Needless to say I could hardly stand up straight by the time I got to collection.
Good luck!!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
cruzychic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruzychic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 1:46pm
Hey Lovely Ladies

I had to talk to someone as I've been keeping this to myself, af is almost a week late and for the first time in 5 years of ttc I'm allowing myself to be the most hopeful I've ever been going to test Friday so fingers crossed it's finally my turn for BFP after standing by and politely congratulating everyone else that have had their little bundles of joy these past 5 years.

TTC since October 2009
Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 2:56pm
A week cruzychick!!! Do you track ovulation or anything? Tht is very hopeful. I'm excited for you testing tomorrow!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 593>