FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 593>
Author
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 9:27am
Storm - hopefully AF doesn't take too long for you! Thanks for asking - I'm just plodding along. Good days and bad days, but just getting through them and slowly getting closer to next year. Going to be doing a fertility vlog interview with a friend who does one, so that should be cool :)
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 7:03pm
Hey girls,
Hope you all had a good day doing what ever makes you happy.
Trina and Ice cream am excited for what's to come for you :)

TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 7:19pm
Trina I have a blood test on Wednesday and scan on Friday and then ec next week depending on my response to the drugs. Keep me posted on what your bloods and scan show
Thanks bc!
trinab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 7:27pm
Thanks BC
Will do Icecream, likewise. I'd say we will be pretty close in ec by the sounds of it - fingers crossed all goes well! Are you in Auckland or somewhere else? Which clinic are you using?
TTC since Dec 06
Me 31 - PCOS treating with Metformin
DH 39 - MFI
IVF/ICSI #1 (Private) - Aug 14 - BFN, no frosties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Private) - March 15 - 2 collected, 1 fertilised, 2day transfer 17/05.
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 8:39pm
I am at the Otago fertility clinic (ofs). I think I can feel something on my right side already but not too sure.
Naps sound great but I have just been getting to bed early

Any thoughts on fitness? I swam on Friday but happy enough not to bother this week, I normally run the dog in the mornings so will just see how I go, I can always just walk to feel like I am still doing something

Had a lovely weekend, I hope this week goes quickly as is not too stressful in work.
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 8:54pm
Gl ladies gearing up for ec this week or soon! Exciting times ahead xxx have decided ill test tomorrow...
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 9:17pm
Fx soda - we need a role of bfps in here!!
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 9:48pm
We totally do!!!
ShimmaShine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShimmaShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 4:21am
GL to the ladies gearing up - as the ladies have said, we need some BFPs in here!

I am having a debbie downer day. Two friends announced their births today on FB - one a '2 rounds of clomid and I am pg' baby who started after we started TTC, so its that whole 'timeline' thing getting to me as well. It's a sh*tty bag of emotions - 1) I am happy for them. 2) I want to punch them in the face. 3) I want to punch myself in the face for wanting to punch them in the face. Oh the joys. Doesn't help that she gave birth effortlessly at home and also happens to look like a freakin model hours after! I hate feeling bitter when I want to feel happy - having no control over my body OR my emotions sucks.

Although at least AF arrived - I ended up hearing from Mary and she said to do a HPT (one lonely red line of course) and then start provera. I took it for one day and then the next day AF arrived in full force on her own, so I was able to stop the provera. Tomorrow I start 100mg of clomid (unmonitored) but hold out 0% hope of anything happening. Just pleased I have AF to be honest, at least my body knew how to do that.

Sorry for the downer! Just feeling like total arse TBH. DH tries to understand, but he didn't live and breathe it for the past 3 months like I did, so he doesn't 'quite' get it when I was crying into my cereal bowl this morning, but I knew (hope) you ladies do.

Oh well, at least I am sad in 30+ degrees I guess
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 7:43am
Hi Shimma - just wanted to say that you hit the nail on the head with your summary of feelings when someone else you care about is pregnant. I think the worst thing is how it makes you feel like you are a total b*%#€ for not just being 110% super-dooper happy for them. Which is impossible and ridiculous and I'm sure no-one actually expects anyway.

Comparing timelines doesn't help either. During the space of 3 yrs my best friend met the woman of his dreams, moved in 2gether, got 2 cats, started TTC, found out they had fertility issues, flew to South Africa to get married and have Ivf with donor egg. They are now 6mths pregnant. I know they've had a hard and emotional journey and I really am so happy for them. But some days I just can't help but think we started trying for a year and a half before they even met and still seem no closer. Who said life was fair, right?

Edited by SweetConception - 28 July 2014 at 7:44am
Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 9:00am
Hugs Shimma! I've avoided any friends that announced their pregnancy in the past 12 months...the first 12 mths I was 'ok' and after that I felt peeved at anyone announcing it... really peeved these days

AFM - We're in countdown - 25 days till we start IVF (or get some freaking miracle - no holding out hope there)....This weekend we had a bit of a food/drink splurge with everything that's against the healthy living TTC rules - so no more wine for us - just healthy healthy healthy...(a bit boring, but you do what you have to do).

I'm going to stay away from TWW etc. and just ride this out and then fingers and toes crossed for the next journey.....I'm surely going to be following a string of BFP's in here anyway

Hope everyone had a good weekend... The weather held up okay this end of the country and we got outside and into the gardens.

We're taking our near 3yr old skiing in a couple of weeks - he's a bit of a dare-devil, no fear, as fast as these skis will take me kind of kid,   so it's going to be an exhausting few days of skiing keeping up with him LOL, and then it's his birthday and shortly after, its mine.... so it's going to be a busy few months with everything...

One thing to ask IVF ladies.... with EC etc.. will FA provide medical certs for days off. With my job they get snarky for a day off for the flu let alone anything else - my surgery and hospital stay was a never ending barrage of emails and texts from my bosses about how inconvenient my surgery was given a lot of the team were also on holiday....... so I will need the certificates to shut them up... My local manager knows what's happening, but he's not my direct boss (he's lovely about the whole thing though ) - my direct boss is in Sydney... Locally he said he'll try and manage my work load and travelling so the pressure is off....but there's only so much he can do.....So, just wondering how to manage the days off (especially given I work from a home office - so they view that as 'easier' to work even when sick)...I'm rabbiting on now lol...

Have a good day! Good luck for EC girls! xx

Edited by miss_bling - 28 July 2014 at 9:01am

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 10:19am
Soda did you test today? Eeeeeee hope you've started something good in here

Hugs Shimma hun - just another hard part of this journey huh! One thing I really struggle with is other people's pg and or birth announcements But that's great your AF arrived on it's own - yaye body!

Miss bling that's really exciting your on your countdown to IVF. As for your question, I didn't need a certificate but I'm sure your FA doc will provide you one, I'd imagine they get asked for it a bit!

Hugs to everyone else, and lots of good luck to the ladies coming up to important IVF bits
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 1:01pm
Read through but I am in work so don't have time for long reply
I was miffed this morning as another guy in works wife is pregnant! So that is one girl in my team finishes end of aug and I sit next to her everyday & three guys wives!
Hugs to all - check in again later
trinab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 1:10pm
Afternoon all, hope everyone had a good weekend.

Exciting Icecream – it’s hard to distinguish between everyday pains/feelings and the cycle ones though huh? I imagine it will only get worse, especially for those with their 2WWs! In terms of fitness my RE has said that do as much (or as little) as you feel up to doing. I do a lot of weight training at the gym and he said it’s fine to do in this stage of the cycle providing I am up to it and it doesn’t cause any abnormal pain etc. He did say to keep moving as much as possible so I would just go with whatever works best for you, as long as you are out and about and moving around, it might be good to keep up the normal everyday routines (as much as this is not normal everyday stuff!) to keep ourselves in check a little?!

Soda – any news…? Shimma I think you are definintely in the right place (the forum) to be getting some validation on your feelings, I don’t imagine there is one person in here that would disagree with your thoughts/feelings, you summed it up SO well. Hugs

I’m not sure about the med cert either sorry Miss Bling as my boss has been awesome, I doubt you will have any trouble getting one though as I also doubt you’re the first to need one.

Had my first bloods this morning and have just had a call from the nurses to say that my levels are quite low but not to panic, I have my scan tomorrow and will have a look see then. Even though the nurse made a point of telling me not to panic at least 5 times and it’s common for ladies with PCOS to have low levels and then all of sudden shoot up, I’m still panicking! Have any of you ladies been in a similar position and what was your outcome? She did also mention that they will possibly increase my Puregon but will discuss tomorrow with my RE.

Hope everyone has a decent Monday x

TTC since Dec 06
Me 31 - PCOS treating with Metformin
DH 39 - MFI
IVF/ICSI #1 (Private) - Aug 14 - BFN, no frosties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Private) - March 15 - 2 collected, 1 fertilised, 2day transfer 17/05.
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 4:21pm
no advice but GL for your scan tomorrow Trinab! 
BFN for me today- but no sign of AF either...every.single.cycle im spotting by day 10, definitely so by 11dpo..and today is 11dpo with nothing. CP is still very closed tight too so all very interesting. yay for a good LP if nothing else! focusing on the positives here lol. went and bought another test, guess ill do it tomorrow morning if no change.  for now we just wait...but whats new Tongue
*Beaker* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Beaker* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 4:52pm
I have been trying to keep up with my reading ladies. Big hugs to everyone. I keep my thoughts with you often.

My husband informed me the other night his sister is pregnant AGAIN (first was unplanned and niece just turned 1) to a dude with an ex wife who he has 2 kids with already (the youngest is only 6 months older than my niece.. do that math on that one :/ ) so he will have had 3 kids to 2 women in 2 years, and my SIL will have 2 before we've even had 1. And he lives 4 hours away in the same town as his ex. I'm not sad, just angry/disappointed, kick in the guts after she was adamant she'd not be having any more. Meh.

My period came yesterday, no spotting, no pre cramping which was good. Seems to be a better quality too. I start my clomid tomorrow. I'm trying not to get my hopes up especially as it's unmonitored and supposed to be "not trying" but it's hard not to.

I'm back at my old job, so fingers crossed everything just stays positive, I've had enough of negatives!!
After nearly 3 years TTC, surprise BFP expecting #1 February 16!
Lesley104550 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley104550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 6:08pm
Hey miss bling,

FA can definitely do a med cert for you. I asked them when I had my EC but they have the letterhead and I hadnt told my work so ended up just getting cert from gp.
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 6:14pm
yay for a good AF so far Beaker (if there is such a thing!) stink about your SIL thought, sounds like shes with a real winner there too... which i guess makes it even harder for you. hugs! good you are back at your old job though, hope thats a good distraction xx
aargh my boobies are sore now. enough with the symptoms, body- and just give me the BFP or AF and get me out of my misery! 
work tomorrow so that will make the day go faster.. gotta get through this week without DH, whatever it brings.. 
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 6:19pm
Busy busy here today.
GL for the scans and bloods etc this week. Know very well what you're going through.
Soda I am watching and waiting for the magic bfp!
Hugs shimma - lucky you for having such warm weather. Sorry you've been feeling down. I hear you my friend.
And to the others feeling a bit rough (esp with all the announcements) big hugs and love. Nothing I say can make it better.
AFM - think I've got ewcm starting up so fxd ov and AF aren't too far off. This whole ttc garb is a bit much to process at the moment until I get a plan next week. Hence not much commenting presence ( def still reading!).
Anyway have a lovely night. I'm busy trying to let go of my grumpies after coming home to dh not home and front door wide open (country living = normal practice) AND the fire roaring. Good the fires going, meat out for tea etc but no point lighting it if doors open and wood box empty our house is hard enough to hear as it is lol. So slammed a few doors to vent haha. Bless him he'll be pretty pleased with himself for having the fire going gotta love em.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 8:42pm
lol men ay BC? mines away at the moment, in a country where there are big american stores... dont worry, ive literally given him a shopping list to get for me lol. 
feeling a lil crampy tonight. not sure if its AF or not..but quite pinchy feeling not achey like usual... 
might go to bed early so i can wake up sooner hehe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 593>