FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 593>
Author
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 6:27pm
Grr my post just vanished
Hi ladies, I have been reading but not posting
Bc sorry to hear you are down - hugs
Welcome eclaire and good luck. I had ec on the Monday and et Thursday and took the whole week off
Miss b that sounds like a great scan
Trinab - hang in there not too long

News, my hcg was 1400 today (220 on Mondsy) scan booked in for 8 sep which is 7 weeks
Thinking of you all - hugs
Sponsored Links

Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 6:49pm
Hi icecream (and others!). When you're ready, I started a new thread a while ago for those who are ready to leave this wonderfully supportive little group but aren't wanting to enter those cheerful other due in threads. It's verrrrrry quiet there at the moment, can't wait for more of you to join us. :)
http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/utd-after-fertility-issues_topic44104_page10.html?KW=utd
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 7:12pm
yay icecream!!! Fantastic news :-)
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 7:15pm
Thanks a girl

AA I can't find that thread?
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 7:17pm
Hi Icecream, 1400 is great, nice and high already, so happy for you.

Thanks for your reply Miss Bling, good to know I don't need to worry about IVF stuff for another month yet. Are fertility
super foods like Maca, and other vitamins ok or can they effect the IVF meds?
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 7:46pm
Thanks tulip
Not sure if anyone can help but I got my progesterone checked today and nurse said to drop the progesterone to just one tablet three times a day for next four days (today being one) and then stop
Others on google take up to 10-12 weeks
Might phone again Monday and ask more about it, happy to keep taking them just in case if it does no harm
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 9:05pm
RANT ALERT>> (cant say i didnt warn ya!)
so im pretty adamant after todays VERY obvious signs, my bodys going to ov- today or tomorrow. we didnt BD yesterday(not realising ov was imminent)  and planned to tonight. except now hubby has txt to say hes crashing at his brothers tonight as hes had too many after work drinks to drive home. so thats another month out, just when i started to think maybe theres hope after all. man im seething right now. needed to vent somewhere. AAARGH MEN!!!! Angry and hes totally forgotten im meant to be getting my hair done tomorrow, I never get it done and really wanted to for my girls weekend next week. im so angry i want to cry. what an egg. sorry, had to put that somewhere before i say something stupid to him..lol
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 9:26pm
Hi Soda, I'm really sorry you've been let down and by something as stupid as too many Friday night drinks. Not sure if it helps but I had a similar rant a couple of months ago. DP got in a grump and the opportunity was missed. I was so angry and hurt, it wasn't until after and I explained what I'd been thru taking clomid and $225 for a scan, perfect ov timing etc that I was able to get thru to him that it was more important than his stressful week. Just as tonight for you both was more important than his Friday drinks. Grrrr men!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 10:04pm
Weird Icecream. I copy and pasted the link into my browser and it worked, otherwise search for UTD in forums and it should come up.

Soda, so sorry. No advice, except when you feel able to, a long chat may help. Best advice I ever got from a counsellor was to have fact based, non-emotional conversations with my husband. As in, "I am really frustrated and hurt that you did x because of y and z." then be silent and see what he comes back with. Much like what Tulip did/said. Of course the hardest thing to do is not cry, yell or walk out. Good luck, I hope you had a bath or a cry or threw something at the wall tonight, or something else to help feeling sad and angry and awful. Hugs.
TTC 2 years
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 10:09pm
and icecream, I'm rubbish at remembering where people are up to without tickers and signatures sorry, did you have IVF? I used progesterone suppositories three times a day till nine weeks. That said, every place seems to have different protocols, but it would be interesting to hear of anyone else's experience.
TTC 2 years

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 10:28pm
Found it AA and posted
Yes I had ivf long protocol and stoping at five weeks - not sure?
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 10:45pm
sorry that was a very ME post.. he ended up phoning. i could hardly talk to him- in the 9 years we have been together i dont think ive ever got to that point. we are a very not-arguey couple.. so i think it shocked him...loooong silent pauses on the phone lol. told him how annoyed i was (and yes i cried, couldnt help it) and he feels awful now. he also has to work tomorrow now, so wont see him until after 5 tomorrow either.. just gets better, right? but ah well, i guess if i ov tonight then we are in with a chance still, as we BDd 2 days ago, could still happen? but its not really just that- on its own i could probably manage.. its all the other stuff. my sleep in i desperately need, my "me time" at the salon that i NEVER get.. those little things are just as important at the end of the day, although they seem silly in themselves.. im just exhausted and really needed this break. i never, ever get a break. and now my mere hour to myself has also been cancelled. its just so stressful! but well get there, always do Smile

but ICECREAM- your news makes me smile.. congrats hun thats a great number! xxxx very stoked for you Star
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2014 at 6:50am
Soda I'm glad you let him know how you were feeling. Better to get it out rather than hold it in. Sorry you won't be getting your pamper hour. That sucks.

Again congrats Ice cream lovely rise. Long may it last!!!!

Hi de hi to everyone else and thanks for the kind thoughts after my last post. Bit like you soda I'm long in need of just a bit of down time - yep teachers get a two week break each term where kids aren't there but you'd be surprised how little down time you get in that break to actually switch off unless you physically go away from home. Trying to convince the dh that we should do a little overnight trip to Rotorua or somewhere after netball a finished. Dying for a trip to the Polynesian spa!!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2014 at 11:24am
Hi ladies

Hope you get your time away babycrazy.

It's a nice sunny day here in Arrowtown and I'm off to Queenstown for some retail therapy (although being ex AKL the shopping is limited). I'm CD1 today so hoping a pair of new boots will cheer me up, I was hoping 3rd IUI would be lucky but not so. The scary thing is the plan now is privately funded IVF in Oct which is freaking me out, although Icecream's good news and others has given me hope.

Anyway enough moaning from me hope you all have great weekends.
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2014 at 7:32pm
Hey ladies,
Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Sending thoughts to everyone feeling a bit challenged by all this at the moment... positive vibes to you all.
This weekend I'm breaking with my usual ttc lifestyle and about to go out for bubbles, dinner and rugby fun... A tad over the clean lifestyle with no results this week :-) I think the winter mood is finally catching up.
Eclaire - re ec. I had mine on Monday morning first thing and went to work the following day. I took paracetamol before (I'd recommend it). I had iv in my arm versus hand (which I had for lap / hystero) which was less painful and resulted in no bruise. Remember very little post it being administered until I was back in my room... was whacked for the rest of the day. Bloated and in a bit of pain for the next few days. Good luck for it!
Right my running out the door - let's hope the AB do well!
TTC since Jan 2012
FA since Jul 2013
Lap/Hyst/HSG Dec 2013
2 x Monitored Clomid Jan / Feb 14
IVF with icsi Jul 14 - BFN
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2014 at 8:42pm
Hey there.... Trigger at 10.30pm tonight...yay... Retrieval Monday morning. Feeling very full and bloated and ovaries ache. Nurse said today I'm moderate risk for ohss at this point and looking like retrieving 20 eggs so of that's the case it may be we fertilise and freeze rather than fresh transfer....they won't know till Monday....but warning me just in case.
Tonight I'm testing out every boutique non-alcoholic soda haha....and watching rugby cuddling a hubby, Labrador and a wheat pack :)

Tulip I haven't taken any extra supplements etc for my IVF - just what FA told me to take - so Elevit and my IVF drugs. I did change my diet for high protein and veges Nd not so much carb - pasta,rice, white bread etc. cut coffee/tea to one a day. No alcohol.. And have vege juices in the morning - kale, carrot, celery, cucumber, apple, orange :) the vege juices give me a good kick into gear for my day

That's me....hope everyone had a good day...wellington had rubbish weather but we just relaxed anyway ....

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 11:07am
Yay MissB - Sounds like a super promising round for you. I guess it will be a mixed blessing if you can't get a fresh transfer because it means you will have lots of eggs!! Hope for your sake, you get lots of eggs but just under the threshold to do a fresh transfer!!!!
Tulip - so sorry AF arrived. Hugs for the next step.
Icecream - great rise! That's such good news. Long may it continue!!!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 11:18am
Good luck for tomorrow miss bling. I was like you and had to freeze all in the end. Was gutted at the time but after having the ec I was quite sore so glad to not have to go through transfer at that point.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. My latest bloods were 5 so no more testing prog was 23 so in about a week I should get AF apparently,
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
*Beaker* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Beaker* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 4:33pm
Hey ladies,

BC, you must be pleased AF is nearly on it's way now..

AFM, I tested this morning and it's a BFN. My cervix is still really high, so it's either a long cycle or a bust. I'm going with a bust. Which is fine. Hopefully it takes it sweet time to come to be honest, as if it comes in the next few days, my DH and I will completely miss my O dates the next two times he is home (and then we are into next year!!!).. I was thinking of going to the doctor for some primolut to move my cycle around so we line up again, but part of me is reluctant at the same time, as the unmonitored clomid still wasn't stress free so on the other hand maybe I should leave it for the year, enjoy renovating, my holiday, christmas.. Then get into saving for IVF next June-ish. Dunno, I'm conflicted and thinking aloud!

I hope you are all well x
After nearly 3 years TTC, surprise BFP expecting #1 February 16!
trinab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 6:16am
Good luck for today Miss B xx

Quick question IVF ladies (and sorry for TMI about to follow)... I've woken up today with some bleeding which is quite heavy and some clotting, I'm going to give the clinic a call this morning but wanted to check and see whether anyone else has had anything similar around a week post transfer?

Thanks
TTC since Dec 06
Me 31 - PCOS treating with Metformin
DH 39 - MFI
IVF/ICSI #1 (Private) - Aug 14 - BFN, no frosties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Private) - March 15 - 2 collected, 1 fertilised, 2day transfer 17/05.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 593>