FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 593>
Author
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 9:42pm
Hi everyone, just popping in to say hello. Cd8 for me today, got my day 21 bloods back (tested as I did IUI) and my progesterone is looking 'very good' according to the nurses so that's cool! I've heard that over 30 means you have sufficient lining for implantation and I got 56.1 :-D (Mine has been a completely natural cycle.) So I definitely ovulated and I'm relieved about the lining as I have been getting super short AF since my MC's. Just a few more days to wait as I'll do a HPT on Sat or Sun before the official blood test on Tuesday.

Shimma - I don't know what to say that isn't swearing - the nicest way I can put it is 'what an asswipe'. I'm thinking of you today on your anniversary - as I'm sure all of us are. Kia kaha.

FC - I guess you know about pre & post transfer acupuncture. Many fertility clinics even have a room there you can use as it's becoming so common (I've heard). I had mine done at the acupuncture clinic a day before (as I wasn't sure when I would be doing the IUI and my acupuncturist was busy), and went back to the clinic for a post session immediately after my IUI. It was blissful and I lay for an hour with just a few needles in my back with soft fluffy blankets all wrapped around me and a heat lamp on my back. Just the thing for complete relaxation immediately post fertility treatment. I fell asleep I the table and was walking on air afterwards! Highly recommended to keep your stress levels down. My acupuncturist likes to do a follow up treatment 5 days later too.
I usually do 3 months caffeine and alcohol free (plus other stuff like GF etc), and I do eat pineapple but have been warned to do your research on that as you don't want to have too much or do it for too many days - and not pre ovulation either (and you have to eat the core and it must be fresh and not canned!) Keeping feet and puku warm too and drinking ginger tea (just ginger root bashed and boiled in a pot of water to keep my insides warm.

Reading how many of you eat pineapple during the TWW when it's expensive to buy during winter even ... Might be a good industry to invest in!

Edited by Pepi-bebe - 03 September 2014 at 9:57pm

Oct 11 & Mar 12
Sponsored Links

eclaire222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclaire222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 1:28pm
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well since we last talked? Positive vibes to all

So I just had my first scan today and turns out I now have a polyp 8mm and mild endometriosis. I can't help but think that the fertility drugs caused this. When I first went to see FA, probably a few months ago there were no signs of either. They said that these polyps happen with some people but I didn't ask them whether the drugs contributed to this.

I'm having another scan on Saturday to check on that polyp. If it's not looking good, they have recommended I get it removed via hysteroscopy. I will then have to do a frozen transfer 2 months later which is annoying with all the wait [

Sorry to be on a bit on a bit of a downer but I thought things would be more straight forward. Has anyone else had polyps during the IVF process?
I'm waiting to hear back on my bloods. Hopefully I get positive news on that.
TTC 18months +
Me&hub: mid 30's
Male infertility
IVF with ICSI 1st cycle starting August (private)
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 1:33pm
Morning all - bit quiet in here today!
Shimma - You are still in my thoughts and I hope you are doing ok.
BC - Yay for timing of your next IVF cycle - that is very exciting and understandably terrifying as well.
Pepi - Hope you get your BFP this weekend and have some nice celebrations!!!

I appear to have ov'd today - finally at CD24!!!!. Hopefully we catch this eggie and get our take home baby.... if only it were that simple every time!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
eclaire222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclaire222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 2:23pm
Sorry I've just caught up on all my reading. Looks like I'm not getting all the updates via email.

Well done to those with good news :) It certainly does make me feel better.

Trinab - Sorry to hear this cycle didn't work out. Hope you've managed to take some time out. We'll be supporting you through your next cycle.

Shimma - That's terrible news just before your 10 year anniversary. I'm relatively new to this forum so haven't read up on all your history but sounds like there is more going on with your husband. Like he is in denial or resentment mode. I hope everything works itself out. Hugs x
TTC 18months +
Me&hub: mid 30's
Male infertility
IVF with ICSI 1st cycle starting August (private)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 7:53pm
Hey de hey.

Pepi - not long till test day. Hope it's a bfp for you!!
eclaire - sorry to hear of the worrying scan. That sucks butt for want of a better word.
NzVegie - how are you going hun? Yep exciting IVF will hopefully work out for holidays. Can't believe that's only like next month lol. Supposed to be trying the aspirin out now as there's a bit of a family thing on my dad's side with a reaction to it. Decided to wait until next week to try it as I'm a bit worried I'll react lol. And as I type I'm running it all through my head and thinking about everything I have to do before my day one - eg pick up the drugs 2 hrs away. Get my scripts sorted etc. Eeek slightly freaking now haha.
And guess I'd better get back on elevit!
Hope everyone else is trucking along ok......how about our grads? And tww-ers???
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 9:05am
Hi ladies!
So much to catch up on for me as I haven't really had a chance to read back much. Been super busy moving house and getting all things like the all important internet up and running etc I'm on CD3 today so last month was a bust for us :( 30 day cycle so I guess at least the clomid is helping. Just really starting to wonder if this will ever happen again and am quickly loosing faith that it will! I'm going to give it this next cycle then consider taking a break till next year. Uggghh why can't this just be easy!

Anyway, BC that's really exciting that your next round of IVF is sooooo soon! I so hope you have better luck this next time!

Pepi I'm so excited for you and your test day,fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed!!

NZVeg yaye for OV! I'm with you on getting to have your take home baby!

Eclaire that su*ks you have the polyp, but good they can have it easily removed. Is it common for fert drugs to cause things like that? All the waiting in this stupid game su*ks!!

Sorry I haven't read back much, but think of you all, and send you all big hugs!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 9:43am
This TWW is horrendously looooonnnnnngggggg...
Nothing to report in my 2WW except to say messaries are the most horrible thing EVER!
Blood test monday - I'll be waiting - too many wasted POAS in our household and only an unused digital in the cupboard that I wanted to hold onto till I actually maybe got a real BFP...... Our little boy turned three this week....so that highlights a near 3 yr journey to conceive #2 ... he was born fathers day... so hopefully its a good sign for the test on Monday!

Sorry about AF Storm... fingers crossed this month is your month xx

Pepi...good luck for testing!

BC yay for starting a cycle shortly

Eclaire I have no experience with the polyp/cyst thing...sorry.. I have heard though that FET are as successful if not more so than fresh so other than the agonising wait I think it will be worth it to be in tip top shape

NZVeg...hope you caught that egg...

Shimma ....hope you're doing okay and you have more answers than you started with

Hope everyone else is well and has a good weekend...

ShimmaShine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShimmaShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 12:48pm
Hi ladies,

Thank you again for all your support I feel as though I cannot get enough support at the moment.

Yesterday was very hard yes, but my mind was occupied with other things, unfortunately not good things either though. For the past 2-3 weeks I've been experiencing quite severe pain in my abdo. I was dealing with everything else, and was overseas, so I figured that I would leave it until I got home to look into.

FA were ignoring my emails so I went and saw my GP. Got bloods and scans done yesterday. The (quite pregnant) ultrasound technician chatted to me and I mentioned how my husband had left me etc. As she was scanning she told me that I have a ruptured ovarian cyst that is haemmorhaging into my abdomen, lots I blood in my left ovary and lots of fluid all around. Then at one point she was looking at my uterus quite closely and sighed very loudly, and I saw something strange looking on the screen (no not pg) but she didn't say anything. Then after she was very intent that I speak to my GP later that day. Of course they never rang.

I rang FA to tell them and ask what I'm supposed to do about it and at least about the pain. Plus I'm day 41, do I take Provera and bring on a period - no ones telling me anything what to do.

Anywho my GPs office said this morning that they will send a copy of the report today to FA, and that my GP will look at the report later today. Still heard nothing from either of them.

I looked at the CD they gave me of the images to see if I could see the weird thing again that I saw. It was on there and I looked on the internet for matching images. It 99.9% looks like a uterine/endometrial polyp. There is even an image on the CD where it has been measured and noted 6.5cm.

I don't know why she would mention the haemmorhaging cyst but not the polyp, and maybe I'm going even nuttier than I already am with everything going on - but I guess I just have to wait for the doctors to call me. I bloody well hope someone does soon, because right now it feels as though I'm paying them all to do jack sh..

So yes. The universe really, really is testing me right now.

As for husband - nothing. Not a word from him since he took me up to my parents on Monday afternoon. He caught up with his best mate for a beer on Tues night who very graciously reported back to me on what he said, and it was the same BS he had spun to me and his family, none of which adds up.

Anywho, so that's me. I'm so sorry I can't even concentrate to begin to read your own stories or help comment etc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShimmaShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 12:57pm
Also, our letter arrived the other day as to when our public funded cycle is set down for, which aches as it will never happen now.

But what really makes my heart break is knowing that I will have to sign a form in the near future instructing to destroy my 6 frozen embryos. My 6 'babies'. God it makes me feel sick.
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 1:00pm
Don't worry about us right now shimma. You need to focus on your own struggles before you can worry about other peoples lives!!! Big hugs as you go through this tough time. I hope your friends and family are being supportive IRL!!! So sorry about the ultrasound findings. A haemorrhaging cyst sucks but should heal and not affect fertility etc. no idea what the other thing is. I hope someone calls you today!!!

Thanks miss b - hope I caught the egg too. We got our timing right so that's a start. So hope this is your last 2ww for ages!!!!
BC - I'm doing ok. Trying to focus on myself rather than all the preggos in my life. My turn will come and I'm trying to stay as fit and healthy (emotionally AND physically) as I can in the meantime. How are you??

Baby girl born 26/06/15
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 2:21pm
Oh Shimma man when it rains it pours sometimes huh!!! That's really Shi**y for you! I really also just can't believe FA's slack response! Will you consider keeping your embryos? Or being part of your DH's maybe something you don't want to consider? Big hugs hun, glad you have lots of support.

Thanks MissBling - start the clomid again today, so here's hoping! I agree on trying not to waste HPT's, I was 14DPO on Tuesday and I did a FRER that morning… AF started to show that afternoon! Grrrrr wasted a non cheap test!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShimmaShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 2:25pm
What happens to the embryos has to be mutual as they legally 'belong' to us both. I couldn't keep them unilaterally even if I wanted to. I hope that I just don't have to deal with it til the annual anniversary comes up and they ask for the storage fee or something. I couldn't stomach signing that form to destroy them right now, even though that is what will eventually have to happen.
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 2:52pm
Thanks Storm.. I kind of figure, I paid $11K for my pregnancy test, so might as well save our own pennies and wait till Monday haha.... How long does it take them to call? I was going to drive to the city first thing in the morning which is where the actual lab is.

Gosh Shimma... my heart really feels for you. Get your health right, and don't worry about the rest for now. Can you still use the FA counselling for any of this? (not that they've been overly responsive...but...)... I've had a ruptured ovarian cyst, so don't wait too long. I lost half an ovary with mine because it was left too long by the time it had ruptured (they grow back if some is still there..we discovered through IVF scans - it was the best performing ovary lol (probably the youngest one, being 'born again' lol !). The cyst was the size of a tennis ball.... incredible amount of pain - wasn't a pain killer that could help....

I should take out shares in the Whittakers chocolate empire. I'm currently keeping them and New World in business. Best chocolate in the world! Ironically I'm losing weight...that's probably the absence of wine haha

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 6:02pm
Aww shimma! Crap times all round hun. I'd leave the embryo thing until they ask you've got enough to deal with as it is. Hope you get the health issues sorted soon then that'll be at least one less thing to worry about.

Nzvegie - good on you for taking care of you. I'm doing much the same too. Living now which means a few wines here and there and just being normal. Will cut back again after the weekend as have netball prizegiving in prep for next cycle.

Missbling - hope Monday goes well. The tww is a biarch after ivf I reckon!

Hugs and love to everyone else xxxx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 6:49pm
Firstly - oh Shimma this is just suc an unbelievably hard sh*tty time that you are having :-( Sending you hugs. I guess there is nothing much we can all say apart from we are all here for you.

Secondly - thanks everyone for their good wishes with our upcoming test/s. I can't wait beyond tomorrow lol, but then I have spent any money on preggy tests for over 18mths now - so I feel okay to make up for lost time ;-) I really don't want to spend Tuesday stressing out waiting for results then having to take the call alone as my wife will be working and at a client site all day.

Thirdly - can't remember who asked (& sorry I'm on my phone so can't check easily- maybe it's Miss Bling though?), but regarding blood tests - if you have the yellow urgent fertility form and get in to do your test early enough (the form has on the back the time for each clinic location), then the clinic should get your results rung through between 12-1pm. That's how is been for me in Auckland and warkworth labtests anyway. Good luck with your results!!!!

Oct 11 & Mar 12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShimmaShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 7:43pm
Hi all,

Well after me laying into the nurses at both my GPs office and FA, because both of my doctors left for the day and didn't bother contacting me before the weekend about the report from the scan or how to manage my pain - I finally got some answers from my GPs nurse and Mary had me call her on her mobile.

Luckily no polyp. That was me and my crazy over active mind at the moment.

Just have to rest lots and take regular strong painkillers. Had to discuss how this is a bit hard seeing as I am not eating or drinking at the moment, but I have to try do it with a bit of milk at least, so hopefully they won't upset my stomach too much/even more than it already is.

GL to all those ladies testing or treating soon.

Edited by ShimmaShine - 05 September 2014 at 7:44pm
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 7:46pm
Awww Shimma - that sucks that they didn't contact you but good on you for ringing yourself and getting answers. I'm glad there was no polyp!!!
As for regular painkillers - hopefully once they're on board you will start to feel more human and that might help with the eating which will make it easier to continue taking them!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 8:04pm
My god Shimma it doesn't rain but it pours! My heart goes out to you definitely leave the embryo decision for now and work it out when you need to.

Pepi you're testing tomorrow! Good luck!! xx

AFM I'm day three at the moment and am having an HSG on Wednesday. We're paying for it but at least it's one more thing done.

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2014 at 6:55am
Good morning ladies - Happy Saturday!
Thinking of you Shimma - so much going on for you right now. Glad you got to speak to the docs finally.
Wanted to say thank you for all the advice.
PepiB - yes, I'm absolutely on the accupuncture thing too... I've kept it up as my regular treat over the last year... love the relaxation :-)
Good luck for testing this weekend!!

Edited by FC - 06 September 2014 at 6:55am
TTC since Jan 2012
FA since Jul 2013
Lap/Hyst/HSG Dec 2013
2 x Monitored Clomid Jan / Feb 14
IVF with icsi Jul 14 - BFN
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2014 at 5:14pm
Hi ladies, have had a quick read to catch, a lot going on here!

Shimma I'm so sorry to hear your bad news, my heart goes out to you xo

Trina, I'm so gutted for you, I know exactly how you are feeling! Had the worst pain in my ovary on our holiday & sat on the toilet & all these clots started coming out (sorry tmi)! I just sat there & cried all I could think was I'm flushing it all down the toilet!

Holiday was nice, glad I didn't have to deal with it all at work but everyone I saw was either pregnant or had new born babies! They were everywhere!

Question for anyone that may know?! I don't normally get a period so I don't ovulate, does anyone think I might have a natural cycle after what I have been through? I have never been able to track a cycle obviously but thought we could give it a go on around day 14 & try our luck? Looks as though we will be doing ivf again in dec but would love to be able to try the natural way if we could. Has anyone tried the pump which is meant to make your hypothalamus work?

Hope everyone else is doing ok, sorry haven't been able to mention you all!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 593>