FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 593>
Author
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 8:48am
Hi Rachel - if you want to go on clomid, FA will almost definitely let you unless there really is a very good reason not to. They tend to work through clomid/IUI/IVF in order to see if the easiest and least expensive options will work. I don't know what your DH's sperm count is, but we managed to get pregnant the old fashioned way when my DH's count was 5 million/mL (has since dropped further), so it can happen, just lower odds each cycle.

Regarding funding, if you go through the full doctors referral route you can have the appointments funded, if you make an appointment yourself you'll have to pay for the appointment, but can still get public funding for IUI/IVF if needed. We did private clomid treatment, and are currently waiting until our public funding for IVF comes through middle of next year. So don't know much about the fully public funded route regarding appointments for clomid etc sorry.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Sponsored Links

Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 12:51pm
Hi Rachel, We paid privately for our appointments and testing through FA, as our doctor wanted us to wait longer before being referred. I think for our initial consults and testing was around $500... Then we went on to try monitered clomiphene cycles for around 8 months. We also paid privately for these which was around $300 a month. FA told us not to bother with the IUI as the chance of conception wouldnt be that greatly increased, but instead suggested we save our funding to be used on the IVF cycles. We waited for public funding and have since completed 2 fully funded cycles, and have paid for a private IVF cycle as well. We did get moved up the public waiting list be quite a lot the first time, and then our second cycle was also earlier than they had told us - which was great as i can't stand all this waiting around in limbo! Good luck for what ever course of treatment you choose to have x
sheri15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheri15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 7:17pm
It also depends on what month your birthday is - in a Auckland anyway for public funding. I believe the first half of the year is Fert Plus and second half is FA. Repromed now sits somewhere in the middle.

Fert plus is overall cheaper in terms of the cycles, and drugs. I visited both. There are pros and cons for each :-)
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 6:58pm
Hope you don't mind me joining you guys again. .. pregnancy number 4 was confirmed a no go today. .. just over 8 weeks :-( on to ivf now. Just waiting for our turn. I'm very thankful to have all your knowledge to help me through it. X
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 7:07pm
Oh hugs Agirl xx I'm so sorry.

Quiet in here.
What's the haps?
AFM picked up my drugs in case this cycle is a go. Plus the mountain of pills eek.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
reddahlia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddahlia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 8:30pm
Hi girls

Just popping in to say hi (it has been a while!)

So much news on here. Big hugs for all those who have had unsuccessful months and heartbreak and all the best for those with upcoming treatment. It is such a roller coaster that I remember all too well.

x x
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 8:49pm
Hi ladies,

How's everyone doing? Hope all those in cycle are progressing well.

So sorry to hear your news A.Girl - thinking of you and sending a big hug.

Re treatment, we were referred by our doctor to FA and speeded things up by paying for all consults and treatment so far. We're eligible for public funding and so waiting to hear about ivf via F+ early next year... we're on ivf due to anti sperm antibodies.

In the meantime, we're planning on transferring our remaining single frozen blastocyst tomorrow on a natural cycle. Second transfer for us and it's a strange feeling... first things first, just hope the thaw goes ok!
TTC since Jan 2012
FA since Jul 2013
Lap/Hyst/HSG Dec 2013
2 x Monitored Clomid Jan / Feb 14
IVF with icsi Jul 14 - BFN
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 11:22pm
Hi everyone!
AF arrived today - sucky sucky. Onwards and upwards though!

A.girl - hope IVF is it for you. Have they mentioned when?

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 6:14am
Hey red! Hope you're keeping well. What's your due month?
FC good luck for the transfer.
Gah nzvegie I was hoping AF wouldn't come! Hugs hun.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 8:22pm
Thanks BC - transfer done and now we wait... 10 of the longest days ever :-)
TTC since Jan 2012
FA since Jul 2013
Lap/Hyst/HSG Dec 2013
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 5:52am
Gah I know! Those 10days are horrid. Will be thinking of you :)
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 7:42am
Hi FC, I've been reading through the posts and came across yours which mentions antibodies. We are also booked for ivf due to this. My bf has 70% antibodies so we are doing icsi in feb. I would love to hear more about your story as i haven't found anyone with this. I see you are going tjrough treatment now so i wish you all the luck in the world.
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 12:40pm
Fingers crossed for you FC
How are you doing A.girl?
Icecream when's your next scan?
Shimma are you still checking in?

Sorry another IVF question... I've been jabbing myself for a week now in lower abdomen area and have some nice red/dark purple bruising, has anyone else experience this?

Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 12:57pm
Yup I got huge bruising with 2 out of our 3 ivf cycles, I think it has to do with the way you put the needle in. I seemed to bruise more when i did the injections myself - not sure why! Good luck, i hope this cycle is successful for you
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 1:01pm
Thanks for your reply Charlie, I don't think I'd make a good nurse.
trinab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 9:52pm
Hi Tulip, I had terrible bruising with mine. Aparently it helps to make sure you take everything out of the fridge about half an hour before you jab, get a good hard pinch happening and inject REALLY slowly. The bruises fade pretty fast and will be gone before you know it.

Hi everyone else, hope all is well.

Nothing new for me, just waiting waiting waiting. My ovaries must have settled back into hibernation as I've completely forgotten they existed for the past 3 weeks, bloody hopeless they are!

xx
TTC since Dec 06
Me 31 - PCOS treating with Metformin
DH 39 - MFI
IVF/ICSI #1 (Private) - Aug 14 - BFN, no frosties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Private) - March 15 - 2 collected, 1 fertilised, 2day transfer 17/05.
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 2:08am
Programmes you should NOT watch when you're infertile:
Teen mom
One born every minute
Pregnant teens (13 and 14 year olds who are pregnant!!!)

People you should NOT invite to your dinner party
The heavily prgnant woman who talks of nothing else but how wonderful and easy her first pregnancy is, including how easy it was to get to this point!!
The woman with the baby who should be the same age as your first pregnancy! And doesn't talk about anything else!!!!

Gargh!!!!
Right. Thanks for listening. I'm moving on now.

Edited by NzVeggie - 20 September 2014 at 2:08am

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 6:08am
Nzvegie - so right. I haven't been able to stomach one born since the mc. It made me sob so I decided for my mental health to stop as much as I love the show. And I had the same thing with my netball team.
Not to worry all will be well I hope in the end. Off docking for some friends today and catching up with one home from auz. Awesome day all round.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 8:22am
Morning ladies!
Hope everyone is well.
Thanks for the warm wishes. This natural frozen cycle stuff has the luxury of not having any of the symptoms that remind you you're in a cycle... actually needing to actively remind myself to be mindful at the moment.
Tulip, I found a good pinch of skin and injecting slowly once the needle is in worked a treat to stop bruising.
NZ - totally get you... seems like everywhere I turn I see newborns and big tummies or surprise pregnancy announcevents. I just keep the belief that we'll be there too one day!
Poppy101 - Absolutely re sharing the journey and some things I've learnt along the way. I'll see if I can message you directly on here otherwise I'll do a post in this forum. Blimin antisperm antibodies ;-)
TTC since Jan 2012
FA since Jul 2013
Lap/Hyst/HSG Dec 2013
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 8:22am
Aw, nzveg, I totally feel for you. It's the one thing that you want to put out of your mind but it just gets shoved in your face. Probably not too healthy. .. but I've just been hiding from all those situations, which pretty much means I'm doing nothing but working and going home!

Afm, I'm ok. Got an appointment with the gyno Monday to sort out the mc. Just hoping it doesn't happen before next week so we can get a good tissue sample to test. I came home at 2pm from work yesterday and slept until 8am! No joke. That's how tired and out of it I am still. Nausea has eased up heaps but the rest of my body is fighting this preg big time :-( so ready to see the end of this ttc business!
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 593>