FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 593>
Author
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 11:27am
Blah just watching Call the Midwife from last night. Cried at them adopting their baby. I just wish it was that simple now! I don't mean to offend anyone with that comment I just mean I would happily adopt a child in need if I thought I wouldn't have to wait years with the chance of never getting the opportunity.
Has anyone here actually seriously looked into the option of adoption and knows a bit more about it?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Sponsored Links

NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 12:15pm
Morning all!
Sorry BC - I don't really know anything about adopting. Glad to hear you got at least one embie... fingers crossed that's all you need!
Sorry it didn't work Lesley - must be devastating.
So Lovely to hear about your baby MrsI!!!!

AFM - Got back from my Thailand holiday yesterday. Had a fantastic time with DH relaxing.
Have been feeling mildly pregnant but nothing major yet. Starting to get the familiar anxiety that this isn't goin to work. Was saying to someone else that I wish we had a window into our uterus so we could see what was going on!!!!! Anyway - will try and hold out for my scan on 14th November. Couldn't get in sooner unless I go through the public system and I work in the public system so trying to totally avoid that!!!!

Where is everyone else these days?? Been very quiet in here while I've been away!

p.s. hope you don't mind me lurking in here for a bit longer! Promise I'l leave once I've had a few decent scans!

Angel babies July '13, November '13 and June '14
Baby girl born 26/06/15
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 12:29pm
Welcome home Nzvegie. Glad you had a great time. Lurk in here for as long as you like - I personally don't mind you hanging! And I so hope this time is the magic one.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 12:40pm
Hi all,

Just popping in to let you know I'm still alive! Been lurking, sorry I haven't been posting support though! Congrats on the BFPs to the happy ladies who've achieved them! And commiserations with everyone else still waiting :(

Last cycle was another 75 day one, so hoping for something better this month. Going to see an endocrinologist on Thursday so will see if she can give me any advice/help on combatting my pcos symptoms beyond the usual lose weight (which I'm trying to do - I've lost 2 kgs, another 10 kgs to go!).
Had my son's school enrolment confirmed for later next year, and just plodding along trying to get myself as healthy as possible before our public IVF mid-next year... rather boring really!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 3:01pm
I hope it goes well mushroom. I guess the more you can improve the better the chances.

Rugged up on the couch writing end of year reports - the teachers among us will empathise and I'm sure others will have an equal 'evil' in their work lol. I'm lucky ours are pretty straight forward but gets a bit monotonous trying to make sure you've covered it all in a parent friendly way. I keep distracting myself with Facebook and ob. Anyway won't bore you any further haha.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 3:06pm
Urgh parent reports! I used to dread those when I was a kid.... Always got the 'talks to much and distracts others' lol. And my parents used to compare me and my stepsisters reports (she was similar to me in age).
As for annoyin job related things.... I can think of a few in my job!
Sadly back to work today after 10days away!!!!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 4:44pm
Do any girls in this thread use OPK's?
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 4:54pm
I do BG. What's your question?

Baby girl born 26/06/15
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 8:44pm
Yep I do bg!
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 9:09pm
Sorry I don't and haven't ever really so I'm pretty useless in that respect. How you going anyway BG?

Others?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 4:31pm
You know what, I cant remember what my question was!!! How's that for getting old. Anyway, I got a blaring positive this arvo so I guess I answered my own question

I'm going good BC. We are pretty much on our last few months of trying and then its all over red rover for me. And to be honest, its been such a loooooong crappy journey, I'm looking forward to it. Pregnant or not. Trying to just relax about everything now (well, apart from OPK's and the like haha) and leave it all to fate. I'll keep you posted
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 7:30pm
Well I hope you get that bfp before it's over red rover. I do think you're brave making the decision. It's something I'm going to have to face sooner or later and scares me!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 9:53pm
I have to BC, its been a long road and I'll be 42 in a few weeks! I am lucky, I have my beautiful girl and I am thankful for that wee miracle. I hope you don't have to make that decision, I hope that wee embie waiting for you is the one. x
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 5:59am
Fair enough BG.
Yeah I hope my embie is the one. Just living life until it's put back in though which is naughty I feel like I should be strictly preparing my body for its placement however I find the most tiring part of ttc is worrying about avoiding drinking, losing weight etc.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 6:26am
Really hope the nearly giving up trucks your body into getting UTD BG!

And BC I am totally with you on that being the most tiring part of TTC. I find the trying to live as though you're pregnant when you're not just makes it so hard to forget about it all!

But of excitement happening here, got a phone call yesterday to say my hysteroscopy is happening on Monday!! So good to have something happening again, I really wanted this this year to try and put it behind us in 2015.AF is actually due Tuesday so I'm going to do a test on Monday just to be sure I'm not UTD (odds are obviously very low but there have been a couple if symptoms to make me wonder so will just set my mind at ease). Pre admission today!

Hope everyone else is well

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 8:36am
Oh yay epic that is good news!! Hope it goes ok.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
NzVeggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NzVeggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 10:24am
Yay epic!!! Gosh that's last minute. It great news all the same! Small steps forward!

Baby girl born 26/06/15
Tulip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 1:50pm
Hi Epic, hope the hysterscopy goes well.
DD born 2001
TTC #2 since Jan 2012
1st IUI = chem
2nd IUI = 8 wk MC Mar 14
3rd IUI = BFN
Private IVF Oct 14 no response to meds.
Mar 2015 4th IUI = BFN
Bambeana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambeana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 2:02pm
I don't know if TTC plus 12 if the right forum for me, but I have been reading and lurking on here for awhile.

I am 28, reasonably newish relationship (almost one year) with a 43 year old who has three children from previous marriages and he has had the snip.

We have started discussing how we will go about growing our family, since my feelings about needing to be a Mum haven't gone away with the inclusion of three insta-kids in my life.

I came off Depo a year ago and I haven't even had any spotting. His snip was 7 years ago so we are unsure what the chances are for a successful reversal.

I am excited to start trying although technically we can't start trying until we know what we are trying for. If the chances are too low with reversal than I'll need to get on a donor list.

To start off with, I have to get some eggs going!

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 8:06pm
Welcome bambeana. Just right in here. Your situation is pretty specific so I'd say you'll get a lot of advice from the girls in here. We have to use a donor as my man doesn't make sperm so if you ever want to know anything about that just holler. All the best.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 593>