FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 251252253254255 593>
Author
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 11:59am
Welcome star! Hopefully you get your miracle soon xxx your story is so familiar to all of us here, you are in the right place for support!
Ive had my share of birth announcements lately, im not so affected by them as I know the parents are just awesome and im just glad some good people out thrre don't have to go through this...in saying that, this morning I read the latest fb announcement of a bfp and I cant help but feel mad- not so much for myself but the fact this woman is already having huge struggles with her 3 year olds violent behaviour, and is struggling with severe mental health issues herself yet thinks ita ok to bring a baby into that? Selfish is one cleaner word that comes to mind...but hey what will be will be and I just have to be thankful that when my baby does come they will be in the safest most loving home :)
Speaking of- started temping again today and had a good post-ov range temp so hopefully that means I am indeed post-ov.. only thing is, I could be 2dpo or 10dpo I dont have a clue lol so could be a long wait! -must not buy hpts!!! :)
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Sponsored Links

Bambeana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bambeana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 12:16pm
I feel genuinely happy for friends. I just occasionally get into a "throw myself a pity party" mood when I see the announcements.

Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 2:09pm
Hi everyone. I had a strange experience the other day – at about 5.30pm I lost my afternoon’s work. The moment it happened I was gutted! Then I quickly decided that feeling crappy about it wasn’t going to help me get it redone any quicker and I’d best just get on with it. I remember thinking at the time, I wish so much I could transfer that attitude to other parts of my life! I guess it is just easier when you don’t have the emotional baggage like you do with fertility struggles.

When my sister in law announced her pregnancy recently I was beside myself. She fell pregnant with her first child when we started trying, then hated pregnancy, hated being a new mother, would call and complain about her new baby all the time. I think we were pretty sympathetic until she announced her second pregnancy, at which point I was just wild!! She actually called my partner at work to tell him, just before he went into a meeting – so he was pretty mad too, which is not like him at all.

Anyways… I’m thinking of all of you with current or upcoming treatment. Lots of love and luck to you. I’m not a believer in fate, but I try to find my own meaning in these trials. Whether it is practicing empathy and compassion, or (hopefully) getting to feel absolute gratitude when it does happen for us, we’ve got to believe that it will all be worth it!   xx
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 2:10pm
The pregnancy announcements aren't so bad, for me it is seeing the child at 1, then at 2, and 3, then 4 years old and realising that we are still no further down the path than when we were trying together. Meh!  Keep the faith ladies, our bubs will come :-)

I'm 12 dpo today. Back ache.  Haven't had any symptoms this month, haven't tested. Just taking a wait and see approach.

Congrats on pupo Delph xx wishing you all the best.

Hope school was awesome BC :-).
Waves and hugs to everyone else.
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 5:32pm
well... not the news I was hoping for at the apt today. Because of the genetic testing (PGD) we have to do on the embryos, we have to wait until June to start IVF :-( The only place to do the testing, in Australia, has a few months waiting list. Bummer. Repromed would be ready to start tmrw if I wanted but we have to wait. Doc suggested we try til then, but I don't know if we will or not. I still should wait at least a few more weeks because of my MMR vaccination I just had. But man, I'm not sure I could handle another mc right now and then waiting ANOTHER 4 months to get a spot at the genetic clinic in Aussie. So disheartened right now. DH and I have decided to re-evaluate in 10 weeks to see if we have heard any more from the clinic in Aussie and to see how I feel about TTC naturally. So we continue waiting in the background...

Good luck HT! When will you test? Or do you just wait for AF to arrive?
Welcome Star!

Sorry for the selfish post... just needed to vent. Hugs to everyone!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 6:23pm
Oh crumbs Agirl. That is just rotten news. Big hugs my girl.

Announcements - I can handle some then others it rips my undies big time. One girl in our town particularly is ripping my undies right now lol. Then there's this girl I do circuit with who's attitude any time she speaks of her one year old is so down trodden and stuff that I want to kick her! But otherwise....haha.

School was good as thanks. Glad to be back in the routine actually.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 6:35pm
Thanks bc. X glad school went well. I'm actually looking forward to the distraction too. I've just committed to camp in a few weeks knowing now ivf won't be starting.
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 6:37pm
Sorry to hear that a.girl - waiting sucks!!! Good idea re taking time to weigh up your options.

And I agree re pregnancy announcements and babies, I'm happy for friends if I know they will be awesome parents but if not then it just makes me mad.

I too live my life by a motto of 'positive thinking gets positive results', the law of attraction and all that but some days (usually cd1) I just can't help feeling a bit upset that I thought those friends & I would be having kids together... I know it's not constructive thinking and it won't help the situation... But I think sometimes the hormonal roller coaster just gets the better of me, I guess it's only human!

Got some news today that makes my challenges ttc seem minor tho - my workmate just found out her partner & father of their 2 kids has been cheating on her for over a year... with her best friend! She's the most awesome, kind, non-suspecting person and is in total shock. Only last weekend she was making promises to her kids that mummy and daddy are 100% committed to each other and nothing could ever come between them, and now she doesn't know what to do! Poor thing, I feel for her so much right now. Reminds me to be greatful for what I do have.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 6:55pm
Oh heck star that is pretty darn ratsh*te! What a prat and as for her best friend well....don't think I can type what I'm thinking!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 7:03pm
Whoa - it's gone from a ghost town in here to party central overnight! Yay!!! Nice to have the company!

Welcome Star. I'm glad you feel like you are getting somewhere now you are with Geneva. Our worst year of TTC so far was when we were going through the hospital and had a Dr (who also works for FA) who basically get nothing - just kept prescribing Clomid (unmonitored) and telling me to lose weight (I was 85kg). Wasn't at all interested in all the other factors that have subsequently meant even after losing 25kgs we still haven't had any luck. I remember how happy and relieved I felt after our first consult with Dr. Murray at Wgtn FA when he gave us a 5 step action plan straight way.

Sorry about your news a.girl. So much of this journey feels is a case of "Hurry up and wait". After 5 years we've probably only been in active treatment mode for about 8months of that - all the rest has been waiting. It's the worst and I know June must feel like an eternity away.
Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 8:42pm
Oh a.girl that is stink news. The waiting is hard enough without it being longer than expected. So frustrating.

Star it is bloody hard to find the positive in all this and I fail more often than not! Good to be reminded that other people have their battles too, even if fertility isn't one of them. Your friend must be really going through the ringer right now :(

Can I just say how freakin impressed I am that you lost 25kg sweet conception? That is AMAZING. How did you do it?! After a year of clomiphene and consolation chocolate I would love to drop a few kgs pre-IVF but it doesn't seem to want to budge!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 8:57pm
I agree well done sweet conception! That's an amazing effort.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 9:40pm
Aw, you ladies are great. Thanks so much for your support and encouragement. I've gone up and down all day of thinking "ya, we'll give TTC a go" to "omg, I can't handle another mc" to "the safest thing to do is wait". I actually think I only need to wait 1 month after having the MMR jab, which means we could TTC in a few weeks. But, again, I can't work out what to do. I think I'll just sit on it for a few weeks and not make a decision until then :-)

Star, that's one of my worst nightmares! I don't know how I'd deal with cheating and I certainly hope it's something I NEVER have to deal with. Relationships can move past it, but it surely isn't easy.

Wow, SweetC, what a huge accomplishment! Go you!!!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 10:00pm
Agirl I fully get the not wanting to go through mc again. I don't know if i could go through it as many times as you have. You're amazing x. I certainly hope neither of us have to deal with it ever again.
All this talk of ppl getting utd, doing treatment, bfp central in the tww thread has got me itching to try again. I know it's sensible to make myself wait till my September goal- more money saved, less stress (if that's possible lol) and more mental time for me, however like we all say waiting sucks and after 5.5yrs I'm the game I want it to be over in the best way 😃.
Anyway I shall just keep trucking along enjoying life.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 7:17am
Thanks all about the weight - it's been a slow process over about 2years. It's been down to a combination of factors:

30% medication management - Metformin and a change in my insulin injection ratios
30% positive lifestyle changes - low carb, reduction in takeaways and fizzy drinks, portion control, a little more exercise (I actually found it easier to lose weight when I stopped going to the gym)
30% not so great lifestyle factors - skipping meals, high stress at work, minor health issues etc

I also kept a spreadsheet and graph (geeky!) so even when I put on a kg or two I could visually see that the overall trend was still going down - it helped me not give up when progress was slow.

It is a great feeling but frik'n hard to maintain that's for sure! I feel like I just need to look at the wrong food and I start gaining again.
Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
Bambeana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bambeana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 8:18am
That is horrible news Star. I really can't fathom that sort of betrayal. My bf's ex wife was cheating on him for 3.5 years. I don't know how she could come home and look him and the kids in the face for that long. I don't know how you sit through 3.5 years of Christmas, Birthdays and Anniversaries.
He had a really hard time and is now starting to heal.

A.Girl-This is a place where it is absolutely okay to vent and you shouldn't feel selfish. Have you done any PGD on any embies yet? I have read about the wait times but if you did decide to wait, as you said it is the safer option.

Hugs to everyone today.
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 10:04am
Anyone know how long it should take to get Detailed Morphology results back from FA? And do they call you or write to you or do we call them for the results? I took the sample into the lab first thing Monday.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 10:22am
Dolly - I'd probably chase them up and phone the lab directly. I think these things get put into the doctors email boxes, and only slowly processed.....
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 12:11pm
Thanks mushroom. I called and dialled the nurses' extension but got the funding coordinator who said they had the results there but I'd need to wait to hear from the doctor. I always feel so high maintenance when I call... At this point the only difference it really makes is whether we do IMSI or not, but I'm still eager to know!
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 1:26pm
Hi Dolly
I just wanted to say that being proactive and managing your fertility journey is not being high maintenance :-). You have every right to call and every right to know your results. Fingers crossed it is a brilliant result.

TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 251252253254255 593>