FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 593>
Author
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2015 at 9:23pm
😢 sucky dolly.

Always wonder what 'normal' is when it comes to periods. I mean it's not like you can try it any other way lol. And what I think is normal and can deal with and what another thinks is totally different.
Anywho that was my 50c worth.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Sponsored Links

*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 7:08am
Hey Mushroom - My doc gave me a choice between a HSG and Lap. I wasn't at all keen on having surgery but decided it would be more likely to give us a definitive answer - and it did.

I have irregular cycles 28-37 days, longish periods 7-10 days and about a third of my cycles I get 2-3 days bleeding mid-cycle. Some pain with AF, and had been getting a bit worse month on month but still nothing a neurofen couldn't fix. When I was young I used to get really heavy periods every 2 weeks - luckily after coming off the pill they haven't been that bad, but that was a symptom for my mum and she had really bad endo.

They found I had stage 2-3. The doc commented that was not much in the way of symptoms for the amount that was there, but apparently that's one of the strange things about endo - symptoms don't always indicate severity
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 1:54pm
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday!!!

Delphie, how are you going? Do any sneaky tests yet???

Good to hear from you Trinab...or tri-nab ;-) Sorry to hear that you're in the same boat as the rest of us right now. I hope all the stars are lined up for your IVF cycle in March. Have you just pushed it back because you're nervous. I hope everything else is ok.

And good to hear from you again too Beaker!! Yay for the funding being brought forward a bit. It's good to hear that you've got some new things on the table this year to keep you distracted.

Dolly, how are you getting on??? Good news that your LP is longer without the drugs! Sorry that AF arrived (or were the cramps from something else?)

Nothing new here... just started back with my students today, so that's a good distraction. I think I ov yesterday or the day before, but we've been preventing so it doesn't really matter. I'm just happy my body is getting back on track!

6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 2:39pm
Hi a.girl, yep AF is here. Feeling a bit better today although have a puffy face from yesterday's crying session! I'm not sure what to take away from it - I'm not sure why my LP was longer than usual, and not sure whether it means I should try going clomid-free from now? I'm not going to take it this month because I'm going to be out of the country ovulation week anyway. Next month I was planning on the triple whammy: Clomiphene, lipiodol, progesterone. And sex - must remember that bit ;)But now I don't know! Blah, its all so exhausting, I just want to hand it over to someone else for a while.

Part of me worries that something was trying to get cooking and that's why I was late, but my uterus is just too 'inhospitable'. If that's the case then will IVF even be able to help us? I of course have nothing to base this on, it's just one of those nagging thoughts.
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 11:01am
AF has finally arrived in the last 5 minutes. Because we have now down three triggered cycles of clomid since the op we are up for review. Luckily FA have squeezed me in for tomorrow. Hopefully this means we will not get stood down this cycle and that we will still be able to drug up and try and get on with things. Will let you know what the plan is xx

Hope your Wednesday is stacking up good ladies. Keep the faith and tell all those nasty self-doubting thoughts to go take a hike. xx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 11:07am
Aw. Sorry to hear ht :-( good luck with your apt for tmrw though.
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 11:12am
Cheers a.girl. Yeah I'm disappointed but also glad to have a result one way or the other, the wait gets exhausting it was 19dpo this morning argh! 
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 5:07pm
How cruel. A 19 day lp is so unfair and tormenting! Thank goodness for hpts or it'd be even worse.

You know what else is hard? Knowing you are ov but trying NOT to conceive. I keep wondering if that was "the one" and we let it go (que the frozen song!)
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
AnnaShev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnnaShev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 5:10pm
Hi to everyone, haven't posted for a while but have been keeping up with everyones journeys.
HT sux about AF but great having another appointment so quickly.

AFM had another follow-up today, clomid still hasn't done anything. Progesterone still 1. Dr upped the Clomid to 150mg and is dong a referral to Dunedin. but on a more positive note they chased up why i still haven't had the HSG done, long story short, is booked for monday afternoon and i have progesterone to soften things up beforehand.

Best of luck to everyone
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 6:36pm
Bummer HT. Hope the appt goes well.

Anna good luck for hsg. I found mine a breeze, as much as having due up ya who-ha can be lol.

Finally get my review tomorrow. Bring it!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 6:37pm
Far out that would be *dye not *due lol!!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 7:19pm
Sorry to hear about AF dolly and HT Unhappy

Mushroom, I first had a dr mention the possibility of endo to me after I had like an episode of pain that had me white as a sheet and foetal on the floor. It only lasted 30 minutes and then it was gone. Same thing happened the following month the day before AF. She wasn't my usual GP and I didn't brother to bring it up to my GP for a little while after that as I thought you had to have really heavy periods to be suspected of having endo. Then I started to have these pain episodes happen around ovulation, after sex occasionally and after going to the bathroom. I also have IBS so my GP said that the pain would be from that. I was also confused as I thought the fact that the pain was crippling and then gone was not related to endo. Still the ongoing pain with my actual period is not as bad as these episodes which come at any time of the month now, but some months hardly at all, and some months terrible!

Anyway, so in the end I had to self refer to a private gyno because my GP wouldn't take me seriously. Then I went public for my lap in 2013 and they found stage 2 endo on both ovaries and in the pouch of douglas (I reckon it was this bugger causing the pain after sex and bowel movements) and ovaries makes sense for the pain with ovulation. My tubes were clear though and undamaged and they thought that because the endo was mild it was better to leave it alone rather than risk damaging me in the process. So really the lap didn't resolve anything...

I was surprised because I thought that the amount of pain I was in would me it was severe and all over my bowels but no! They don't really see it as bad enough to cause infertility either.

Anywho that was a novel!
TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 8:01pm
Crikeys, shall we just call this week the review week then :-) So many appointments. I'm glad we are getting answers and progressing down our respective paths :-)

Awww a.girl, you can't beat yourself up with the maybes, some-hows, and buts. That is not how destiny works. If it is your month and you are meant to conceive because this is your baby's time then contraception will fail. I also believe if the opportunity is ordained and meant to be it will come around again. I feel strongly that you will get your long awaited darling so hold strong babe. Do all you can to help the process but also take comfort that the universe's own sense of timing seems to make sense when viewed with hindsight.

A proactive fatalist?... maybe! lol.  I do know that at some point in the journey you need to make peace with all the fumbles, mis-handlings, and disappointments. Keep resolute but also be open to the possibility that there are bigger forces in play and reasons for the delays. Mental and emotional health and resilience are just as important to conception and carrying as physical ability. This is why this forum is such a power mechanism of support. We are amongst like-minded peers and able to express our fears and disappointments without fear of judgement.  

Your journey touches me honey, you have had to be so strong and I worry how terrifying the positive line must be because you then start to worry about the genetics. Argh! Sending positivity and light xxx
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 9:52pm
Ht, I'm speechless. Your words are so kind and so true and so well timed. Thanks for being my rock and my cheerleader. Xx
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 9:20am
Hey team so my review appt yesterday went ok. No major revelations or anything. Basically he's not sure what it's not working and will be taking my case to their clinical practice meeting where they discuss cases such as this. He suggested I could have high natural killer cells which are stopping me implanting (as it would seem creating an embryo isn't the problem having it stick is) and that next ivf intralipid may be an option. It's where they feed you a fat solution via iv to lower your immune reaction eg deactivate natural killer cells. Huge success with it in uk in one clinic but he said here they don't really have the numbers to say its helpful but worth a try anyway as only costs $200 or so.
Be interested to see what happens at their meeting and what they suggest.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Out to have lunch with my sil's and trying to get housework done so will love and leave you xxx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 10:57am
Hey that's great news BC :-). I was reading something online about how low grade steriods can help suppress the immune system so bubs gets a chance to settle. I really hope this is the case for you. Hang in there babe xxx
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 12:56pm
Hi there,
just wondering if one of you ladies can help me here. Today is the first day of my period so i phoned the wellington clinic and left a message for our nurse. I still haven't heard back. Should i be worried she hasn't got the message or is it quite normal to wait a wee while on day 1? Thanks.. hope im worrying for nothing!
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 2:21pm
Its all good she phoned!! Phew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 3:10pm
It does take FA nurses a while to ring back as they are fair run from the start of the day to the end. They will always phone you back by the end of the day though. Day 1 is the call that establishes when you should take your first meds and get your first bloods etc, so there isn't too much urgency on when they will call back for that one. If you are ever worried though, phone again. They would be gutted to think you were worrying when they could help.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2015 at 3:56pm
Thanks for everyones advice - hubby and I have decided to wait until after IVF as it's 50/50 if I have anything or not (I don't have huge symptoms, so would have to fight for laparascopy, only first day of AF I require painkillers, and I get random spotting - main ab pain is after I eat egg/avocado/some other things so I avoid those completely now). Main thing is family history, as my mother had it, my Aunt had it, and my cousins have it. But since IVF isn't far away now I think if it doesn't work we'll do the lap, and then pack up shop. Really hoping to have some idea of my future by the end of the year, one way or another.

Sorry for being a bit self-aborbed - I am rooting for all you ladies!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 593>