FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260 593>
Author
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 10:20pm
Thanks Rach and BC xx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Sponsored Links

AnnaShev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnnaShev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 10:07am
Hi everyone
great things are going quickly and you have a plan in place HT
hope you feel better soon mushroom
Had HSG yesterday, tubes were all clear, was a bit sore afterwards but feeling good 2day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 10:33am
Great news about tubes being cleared AnnaShev. I hope your recovery is swift.  Where do you go from here?
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Kiwik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 7:53pm
Hi everyone!

Yay for clear tubes AnnaShev! 
Hope you're feeling better today Mushroom. 

Well GP visit went okay, she agrees that we should get referred so shes drawing up the paperwork now.
She isn't too worried about DH's numbers but combined with my Endo etc it doesn't look great.

I gave Fertility Associates a call and it would be 3/4 months before we can get an appointment in HB if we go private, and who knows how long if we go public.
We can get in next month if we drive to Wellington so I think thats a goer, we're just waiting for the paperwork to go through to make an appointment.

While I'm waiting I'm using OPKs for the first time. Does anyone know what the window is like? I keep getting REALLY faint positives, and mostly once they have dried a little, is that normal?

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 9:10pm
Hey kiwik. For an opk to be positive it has to be as dark as the control line. I always have a second line throughout the whole month. But when it goes positive, it appears really quickly and is soooo much darker. I've noticed that if I don't wee for a while before doing the opk, it can be quite dark, but never as dark as the control unless it's a proper lh surge.
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 9:19pm
Great about tubes Anna.
Kiwik good on you for going to Wellington we've done that a couple times and we're about the same dist as you from there.

Hey everyone else xx
Currently suffering tonsillitis! Have had a wretched throat for couple days thought it was just a cold but had a proper look in my mouth and hello lol. Thankfully it's just my throat and the rest of me isn't too bad so managing to function at work. Treating with salt water for now.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 9:35am
Tonsilities sucks :-( Get better soon BC
AnnaShev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnnaShev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 10:21am
HT next step is going to dunedin as there isn't anything more they can do down here.
Sucks about the tonsillitis BC, hope you feel better soon.
After feeling great yesterday, i over did things a bit and forgot to take panadol regularly so am a bit sore today, but have the next few days off work so can rest and relax lol
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 11:51am
Bc get some colloidal silver spray and spray it at the back of your throat every hour, that should clear it up pronto :)
Havent read back more than that sorry will do in a minute..but have a fert plus question for someone whos been there? Got my call from them yesterday saying to get bloods first thing tuesday then ph them in the p.m to get results and see if I need a scan the next day... im wondering if they mean to come in first thing next morning for scan? Or do they give you a time which could be any time in the day? Trying to sort out work- so hard when im needed at work and my boss will have to find a reliever only the day before!

Edited by _Soda_ - 11 February 2015 at 11:52am
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 11:56am
And kiwik the opks arent like hpts, you can get two lines the whole cycle and they mean nothing..its only if they are darker than the control they are positive :)
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 12:39pm
Hey Soda
The test is to check your estradiol levels. The number how many mature eggs you have sprouted this month. If your result says there is action then they will make you an appointment for the scan in the a.m. If you are worried about work etc, then explain that to the nurse who tells you the results. You might be able to secure an early morning appointment, so you will only be a teeny bit late. The scan checks for how thick your lining is, how many follicles you have, and what size they are. Depending on that, they might give you a trigger shot (if that is part of your protocol) or ask you to hold off and check again in a few days. 

If the bloods say not enough growth, then they will ask you to retest bloods over the next couple of days. 

Hint: Get into the labs early as possible, if you make it in before the early courier and then ask the ladies for it to go on the early courier, then the result will be back earlier and you will get your results earlier. Most people are told that they can only go to certain labs to get the urgent fertility bloods done. I have discovered through the girls at my local lab (which is over an hour away from the designated lab) are happy to do my sample as they put it on their 9.am courier and it gets to where it needs to go at the same time as when I have to travel to Auckland to get the tests done. 

Good luck :-) I'm excited for you. I have my blood test on Friday. Hoping for good things, so likely will have scan on Saturday morning (hour and half travel to get there) and then trigger shot. Just hope we are back in our own neighbourhood for the kids swimming at 11am. 

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 5:38pm
Thanks for that advice soda.
Yep earlier the bloods the faster you'll get results but usually not until around lunchtime when they've done their morning clinic. Your scan will def be in the AM. Mine are usually at the clinic in my nearest city as Wellington is too far and I try get the 8am appt. If you're going into their clinic I think they like to have all scans done by a certain time like early so they can do clinical stuff. You may be able to swing it that you don't even miss work or are just a bit late. Lol so pretty much what HT said!
Good luck to both of you xxx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 6:37pm
Hey soda,
I have a blood test friday morning then scan at the clinic at 8.20am same morning.
So far im finding the injections really easy, and not too painful which is such a relief for me! Was dreading it as i did have a needle phobia... thats almost gone now thanks to this. This morning i started the cetritide injection which u have to mix up yourself, and still on the gonal f in the evenings.
How are u finding the process so far?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 6:52pm
Lol poppy it's pretty funny how quickly the injection fear goes. All the injecting definitely sharpened up my injecting skills when docking lambs that's for sure!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
sweetpea1241 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweetpea1241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 7:47pm
Hello Ladies!
Im not sure Im in the right place... But wanted to join some others in NZ going through this crazy journey!
We have been TTC for the last 18months.. In this time we had 2 MC's.. We were told DH has a low count so IVF was our best bet! We then got preg twice naturally.. But sadly it wasnt meant to be! We are currently doing our first IVF cycle... Egg collection is Monday! Very nervous!!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 8:06pm
Hi Sweetpea - welcome! Though sorry you have to join us! Definitely the right place.

We too have gotten pregnant twice with a very low sperm count - we had our son, and also a miscarriage. We're up for public funded IVF in July, so just waiting till then.
Good luck with your upcoming egg collection! I've been through one with a private IVM cycle last year, and it was way easier than I'd feared it would be. Be advised that they'll put your undies (with pad) back on once you're finished - so bring a pair you won't be worried about using or them seeing lol! The things you find out that you never think of hehe.... Hope your hubby is set to take good care of you for the rest of the day so you can rest up in bed :)
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 8:08pm
Poppy - how did your blood test/scan go?

AnnaShev - glad your tubes came back fine. Hopefully they'll get a good plan moving forward for you!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 8:28pm
Welcome Sweetpea! I hope your last few days before EC go quickly and smoothly. What clinic are you with? Re. Mushrooms undie tip I found they did this at Auckland FA but didn't at Wgtn FA - but definitely better to choose carefully just incase 😉. How have your scans been looking so far?

Speaking of scans how were yours Poppy?

Hope everyone else is in a good "place" for the weekend.
Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
sweetpea1241 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweetpea1241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 8:54pm
Thanks so much for the advice!

Im down in CHC.. At Fertility Assosciates.
Ive been on a short protocol.. So far it hasnt been too bad apart from today Ive felt a bit emotional!!
So far scans have shown 4 follies.. Was hoping for more but now hoping these ones will be goodies!! I freaked at appointment as I was hoping for more.. But doc was happy with them & scheduled egg collection for monday!! It feels like a test you have very little control over!!!
Baby dust to everyone!! Its nice to chat to ladies who understand!!
Happy valentines day to all for tomorrow... Hope you all have a nice weekend ahead xx
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 9:44pm
Welcome sweetpea.
Random about the undie thing mushroom - definitely haven't had that but we're with welly too. I always remember the whole thing then tend to have a massive come down off the meds later. I must say it was a bit weird waking up after my d&c with undies and a pad on yet no recollection lol.

Good luck for ec - I found them quite hard but also over achieved with follies so it was expected.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260 593>