FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 593>
Author
Bambeana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambeana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 1:25pm
CD1 is when your AF arrives right? I have done Provera before but I wondered if my AF would come on her own since it has been six weeks since I last saw her.
I don't see the point in BD-ing to conceive since the antibodies make it highly unlikely. I think that we just have to do it so they can saw we have been TTC for 12 months post VR next time they do a CPAC.

So annoying having crazy cycles!!

Sponsored Links

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 1:33pm
If you're taking provera, then that will stop AF from coming, as it keeps your progesterone high. It's possible that you would have AF if you hadn't taken provera, but you'll def get it a few(ish) days after you stop :)

I hear you on crazy cycles!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
KP06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KP06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 3:09pm
I've got a couple of questions regarding private IVF, our public funded is not until March 2017 so I am hoping to save up for a round by the end of this year to do privately,

What is the difference between Fertility Associates, Fertility Plus and Repromed? I see there is a bit of a price difference between them even though it's hard to figure out exact costs due to drugs etc, but is there much of a difference in quality of service?
We have been referred to FA in Hamilton which we have to travel to from New Plymouth so if we had to go to Auckland instead it wouldn't be much of a problem,

How long out would I need to tell them that I wanted to go private? would it be like 2-3 months before just to make everything is sorted? is there much of a downtime over Christmas / New years when you can't do it?

I've heard something about Natural / Mild cycles? as far as I can tell they aren't offered here in NZ but I assume most of the cost of the cycle is the egg collection and incubation for the embryos?
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 3:54pm
I don't really know what the difference is between the providers... We have always been with Fertility Associates Auckland and have been very happy with the service, support and the way they can work our appointments around work schedules. We see Dr Fisher and he is so amazing and I wouldn't want to see anyone else!
You don't need to give too much notice, maybe just a month ahead as long as you have had your initial appointment so you have time to do the necessary bloods/tests etc before you start. They generally try to avoid starting cycles over xmas and new year as I guess they need to have a break too :)
We just finished another long protocol cycle of IVF with Timelapse and the total cost came to $11, 355 i think but the price does change depending if you need more drugs etc. With the private cycles you also need to pay for each frozen embryo that goes back in, whereas that is covered in a public cycle. A big part of the cost is the injections and egg collection theatre costs.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 6:23pm
I've had cycles fall near that Xmas time frame. They have a cut off in early December for when you can start so you don't hit that week before / of Xmas. They actually service all their gear during this time hence the shut down. They have nurses working over that period though and you can start a day one after Xmas I think.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 11:09pm
Oh my goodness. Logged in to hear so many dashed hopes for this month. I am so sorry that so many of us have had disappointments this month. Big group hugs xox
How are you feeling Charlie, Star, and Sweet?

How are you Soda?
That cycle sounds interesting Mushroom... how are your temps today?

BC, I hope you had a lovely Easter break and are enjoying school hols

Thanks for the love Tulip xx Gutted to hear of your AMH, sometimes it feels as though biology is trying to deal us the last cards well before we are ready to leave the game. meh! Are you still responding to Clomid?  and have you thought about donor eggs? very scary prospect yeah?

Congrats Poppy.... so thrilled to hear your pregnancy is progressing well. You are our ray of hope and sunshine, so please continue to let us know how you are doing. 

Edited by heavenly.talker - 07 April 2015 at 11:13pm
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 7:06am
Hugs sweetc and Charlie. I do love both of your positive attitudes re: ET 2 tho - this will be the lucky one for you!!

It was a pretty tough day 1 for me this time. DH took it really hard so then it was even harder on me. The night before last I went to sleep thinking "what if he wants a baby more than he wants me?" Although last night he assured me that wasn't the case.

Aside from that, was a great easter break! Had so much fun with our nephews... Officially cemented the title of favourite auntie & uncle, with mr just turned 4 declaring he was "never leaving" our place, lol.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 12:20pm
Love and *hugs* for you guys. Praying that your strength will be renewed to carry on this draining journey, and that there'll be joy at the end.

Afm- My dating scan last week went well and I am seeing my mw for the first time tomorrow. At the scan the tech said it looked like I had a slight bicornuate uterus but that's never been mentioned before and I've previously had a pelvic scan, full abdn scan and a lap!
So thinking it can't be a major thing.
Hoping all continues to go well.
TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

babygiraffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 12:56pm
Hi girls, been ages since I have posted but wanted to drop in and say hi and congrats to those newly pregnant Mama's! And sorry to those girls still battling with his hideous journey. No news from us unfortunately, we pulled the pin on our journey earlier in the year. Although I am going to be a Mummy again....just that he is furry, has 4 paws and big floppy ears Yay, so excited about the wee puppy joining our family in a few weeks. Screw you universe, I will be a Mummy again! Haha.... Most days I am fine with how life has panned out...some days not so. I'll get there. At the end of the day I am lucky I got to experience being a Mum. Some women out there don't even get that. So I am focusing on the positives of having an only child and feeling grateful :)

Take care.....I'll still pop in every now and then to be nosy! C'mon BC...must be your turn soon xx
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 1:21pm
So sorry to hear Charlie and sweetconception xx

Hope everyone had a nice easter break!

Got my first scan on Friday to see how I'm getting on. I'm on a higher dose this time around so have my fingers crossed for some good follies and would be nice to trigger earlier than I have on previous cycles as I'm so over the injections! I went and seen Pip Lodge for a fertility massage last week, I thought what the hey I'm going to give it a go so flew up and back in the day. Felt more positive after seeing her as she managed to remove what she described as a blockage. Whether it makes a difference or not I know there was a lump there and by the time she was finished it was gone!

Tulip I know what you mean about putting your life on hold, I feel like I have wasted the last 4 years of our life just concentrating on TTC and getting no where! I didn't respond to Gonal f either - have you discussed maybe trying menopur? I responder a lot better to that.

Hope everyone else is doing ok
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 2:29pm
hi all! 
Yay Rachfizz glad to hear all is going well and your scan was positive. have fun at your first MW visit- it all starts feeling more real from here on in!
GL Nik26, Mushroom and the rest waiting for hopefully good news at the end of this cycle- its us to us to bring good news, guys! (no pressure haha)
Babygiraffe yay for a furbaby! they are pretty cool (says me who has now got 9 pets...lol Tongue) and thats awesome you are coming to a place of acceptance with your situation. of course you will still have your bad days though xxx 
and YES to wasting life away and putting it on hold... my mum said THE WORST thing she could have possibly said to me last night- thank goodness it was via txt so i could just ignore it and went to bed.. Im doing really well with my new dancing hobby and my teacher wants me to compete in may at a competition. mum was going to come with me as its out of town and we were going to make a weekend of it.. then she changed her mind- which is fine- then i said i might just do a different comp instead (in wellington) and she had a rant at me saying "You cant start exhausting yourself chasing comps all around NZ, you just need to relax and make babies".,.. RELAX??? holy moly if shed said that to my face i dont actually know what i would have done. i was SO mad! I know its not what she meant but at the time all i could think was "is that all im good for? being a good little housewife and having babies? coz if thats all im good for then i SUCK at it!" and then felt so mad that she couldnt see WHY i was doing this dancing- for me- no one else, for a hobby, to get a life outside my little family and TTC which has consumed my every breath for the last 2.5 years.. and then she says that. speechless. am seeing her tonight, not sure whether to bring it up or not and just let it go... but it really really hurt at the time. sorry for the rant, but its clear this is the only place people truly understand what Im going through! 
But better news (hopefully)  had day 21 bloods today, and starting pessaries hopefully tomorrow when they are couriered out to me. so its all on this cycle!
TMI question- when you ladies who have used pessaries....do you do any BDing while they are in use? i can imagine its a bit icky?? lol sorry for the ick question but am curious- obviously dont NEED to BD at this end of the cycle, but yanno.... hubby has needs....lol Cool
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 7:05pm
Yay Rach Fizz, keep on going you great thing :-). So happy to hear everything is progressing well!
Big hugs Star, some months are harder than others for you or for your spouse, or for both of you. This journey of ours requires heaps of resilience and a big slice of faith. 
Good luck with the pessaries soda, haven't had that ahem pleasure (meh). One thing is for sure, people say dumb things all the time and when it comes to well-meaning advice about babies, unless you are really sure that it is time to clear the path to very direct communication, just smile and take the positive interpretation from the interaction. In this case, your Mum's message, honey I care for you and worry that you are getting busy and how that will impact conception. My two cents worth, honey you got to do whatever keeps you sane. Having a hobby and one that keeps you fit (totally needed for conception) is the bee's knees! Go sway that belly. Apparently my belly is considered very sexy for belly dancing, but nah... not letting this rolly dog tummy lose on anyone that hasn't already seen me naked ;-).
I'm really happy to hear that you are doing okay babygiraffe, the journey has been very long for you. I love that you are welcoming a fur baby to your home and know that will be one lucky pup! I'm both happy and sad for you that you have drawn a line under the conception journey and while it is sad at times, you are moving forward. I guess I am getting closer to this decision too. xox
Please keep dropping by, I miss the old faces and still think of you all. We have shared a lot of dreams and disappointments and a few triumphs through the screens over the years.
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 7:06pm
At conference brain about to explode so my comment will be quick lol.

BG lovely to hear from you. I agree it must be my turn soon but then I get afraid that I had my turn already and I won't get another!

Soda - I didn't really bd with messaries but I had some reaction going on so I wasn't really keen lol. My lady parts were rather irritated by the cream until I clicked onto liners ALL the time (I know stupid!).
Ht thanks for thinking of me.

Am just cruising xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 7:50pm
Gah soda, I feel your rage at your mum's comments! Sounds like something my mum would say; right up there with "be patient", "just relax" and "you're still young and have plenty of time". They are only trying to be helpful but they get it so wrong sometimes! If she says it again I hope you can find a way to explain why you're doing what you're doing. x

Nik - good on you for making the trip to see Pip! I hope you are the next with good news around here :)

Has anyone tried / heard success stories from seeing an osteopath? My dr recommended one in particular but she's 2hrs drive away... As hubby pointed out I'd probably negate any relaxing effects with the 4hr round trip after work every other wk. I was seeing a local osteopath about my back in the early days of TTC and she said what she was doing for my back might also help with that, saw her for several months and back got better but no other luck.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 8:09pm
Soda we never BD while we are doing the pessaries... I dont see why you cant, but we just kinda felt like its a bit yuck, I also dont want to 'waste' the pessaries if they were to come out (ew TMI sorry)!
Nik I saw Pip last month and technically did get pregnant (second time in 4 years), so I think she did help... I have booked in to see her again next week. She also felt some blockages and worked them out - was it painful for you too?
I'm doing okay AF arrived this morning and is much heavier and more painful than usual... next blood test in the morning to make sure that my HCG levels have dropped below 5, but I'm sure that they would have. I also called FA to ask if we can start another cycle to do a FET this month, she said as long as the levels were down it should be okay so we will see tomorrow :)
I am very glad to be on holidays for 2 weeks, although I haven't been able to sleep in as daylight savings has mixed up my body clock!
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2015 at 6:36am
Ah Soda - can understand how much your mums comments must have got you riled up. I do think it's hard for our loved ones though - it's so hard for them to know what to say ans so easy for them to accidentally get it wrong. Like HT said try to reinterpret the message if you can. The other thing I've done is have a casual conversation to my mum about the types of things "other" people say that I find hard to cope with and what I wish they'd say instead (rather than directly tell her she's hurt my feelings). I did snap at her once when she said "you're so brave - I just couldn't do it" which is a pet peeve of mine (and I was particularly sensitive that day).

Re. BDing during the "messy pesky" stage - would be a no go for me because of the ick factor, concern about "wasting" (though I've read it's absorbed as much as it's going to after 20mins?) and worry that one or both of us would get some irritation.

AFM -CD1 for me (4 days after stopping meds as some people predicted!). Let the rollercoaster begin again!
Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2015 at 7:55am
thanks ladies- yeah i know she was being supportive and wanting what was best for me. thats why i said nothing. maybe once this is all over and it comes up ill explain how much those comments hurt. but id rather have her support right now, even if its in the form of not-quite-the-right-words, than her be afraid to say anything so keeping her distance. I think i was just extra sensitive and she said what she did at the wrong time in a big way. 
Ive decided im going to the comp with or without her (and its not bellydancing HT lol ew no my 4 year old tells me my belly is wobbly wayyy too often for me to want to share that with anyone else hahaha) its ceroc dancing so no belly-shaking to be done. and all shapes and sizes do it- im not small (size 14 and tall) and there are plenty of people bigger than me doing it so its awesome I dont feel self concious about it at all (and wear nice tops that cover up the wobble lol) super fun! so im going. even if i only compete in one event the whole day theres tonnes of social dancing inbetween so will be up on my feet plenty. cant wait! though, got home very late last night- stayed a little long at dancing chatting, then thanks to taking the wrong turn off which got me stuck in late night traffic with all the roadworks on the NW motorway and took the detour which sent me down the motorway and out the back of new lynn- so half an hours drive out the way- for a detour! so was a loooong drive home... and hubby was NOT impressed.. oops! Tongue
BUT the house building thing MAY be going ahead after all! got a last min message from a house building company saying theres one last section available where we want it, in our price range, and will do a house and land package for us that is affordable! so in a little shock and trying not to get my hopes up that by the end of today we could be gearing up to build a house! crazy! of course- could all fall through... but heres hoping! 
and yes to the pessaries...i think BDing will be out.. but thats what you gotta do huh. hubby will understand..lol
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2015 at 12:52pm
Yes Charlie I found my massage very painful I was sitting upright and making some very funny noises! Fingers crossed your bloods are ok so you can do a FET this month.

Yay for maybe building Soda, that's exciting. We are currently building a house at the moment, its a good distraction at times. We are living with my parents until the house is built which is good of them but I have had a few of those comments from my Mum too. I ended up seeing a councillor as I was finding it extremely hard to deal with it and I didn't want to upset my Mum since we are living with them. I think for my mum it is that she has always been there to make things right but with this she can't fix it or make it right so it is really hard on her too.

A TMI question for you ladies - I am severely constipated, I haven't been in 8 days. I have really bad IBS and have found a herbal supplement that seems to work really well for me. Unfortunately I can't take it while doing IVF. I'm taking a laxative prescribed from the doctor for my IBS but it doesn't seem to be working. I feel I have tried everything under the sun but nothing seems to work. My stomach is so massive, sore and achy :( does anyone have any other ideas or have you been prescribed anything that is ok to use during IVF?

Edited by Nik26 - 09 April 2015 at 12:53pm
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2015 at 1:19pm
Lots of water and prunes? It's possible the meds are messing with your normal water use, so the more water the better. Also feijoa season, so eating lots of them often helps loosen things up.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2015 at 4:21pm
Prunes don't help me, I love them and could eat a whole jar, but they don't help in that department! I eat LSA on my dinner everyday which helps me, that's one thing I've kept up after seeing a naturopath. Not sure if it'll help but a bit everyday helps me 😊
Blood results came back at 0, so it's all on again this month- starting my range of pills again today!
Out for dinner tonight for our 4 year wedding anniversary...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 593>