FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 593>
Author
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 7:14pm
Bc we have done the scratching twice... They just did it during my appointment. Probably takes about 5 minutes. It's like a smear test basically but I found it to be friggin painful! It's over pretty quick though, then after just a bit of cramping and spotting. I didn't have any time off work afterwards. They like to do it in the cycle before you put the embryo back in... First time we did it we got pregnant, the next time we did it we didn't... We also do the Colorado protocol each time... Good luck, it's good to have a plan
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 7:40pm
Thanks for that info Charlie. The first pregnancy was that successful? Sorry if that's insensitive I just have a hard time keeping up with everyone's stories.

agirl - will need to make an appt to tee the plan up so going to do that tomorrow. I was hoping to start the IVF in my September cycle which happens to be predicted for the first week of that month and coincidentally the end of the netball season. Decided I'd try to avoid doing anything during netball as it's my sanity saver. Then in October our work is going to a conference in the school hols so need to avoid that. And seeing as i'll probably have to do a freeze all and FET it gives me a couple months up my sleeve before the xmas season.
Planner much?? lol. I'm just super lucky my period is pretty regular so i can kind of plan out this far ahead.

Trying - welcome in here. As I said over in the other thread shocking! I wish I could 'tag' people like on FB - then I'd tag the Otago girls I know of so they can share their story.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 7:45pm
And OMG a random thing (was going to be two but thought my comment about Kim K could've come across a bit wrong so thought better of...)

1) That feeling when you lurk in other threads and see names your recognise from when you first joined OB and they have a 3 year old (FYI I've been hanging out in here for like 5 years....WTF lol).

TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 8:41pm
Nope, not insensitive- it is hard to remember everyone's story! Unfortunately not, we found out at the first scan at 8 weeks there was no heartbeat and had a d & c... I don't think I could go through all this heartbreak if we had a baby already- it's just too hard!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 9:02pm
Ugh sounds like my first pregnancy. I will be overjoyed if I am lucky enough to get a bfp from this next cycle. Delighted if I get spare embryos as well but if I do get to that point and it doesn't work then one will be my lot. I won't be able to justify more ivf. And that, my friends, is me getting waaaay ahead of myself lol.

TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 9:38pm
Yeah my hubby and I agree that if this pregnancy goes to plan and we have a baby in January, we will try the 2 frozen embryos eventually and if they don't work we will be more than happy with one! We've already spent more money than I like to think about over the past 4 years! xx
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 5:57am
Eek I hope it all goes smoothly this time hun. I'm crossing everything for you :)
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 6:54am
Yay for starting IVF HT - I hope this is *your* cycle!

A.girl and Mushroom yours are not far away now

BC - great to hear they (and you) have a plan in place

Trying - sounds like you're having a really frustrating time! I am under OFS for my public funding, have been going thru Genea Oxford for my private treatment tho. When I last spoke with OFS about 3 wks ago they still had no idea as to when the privatisation was going to happen - apparently the agreement wasn't signed yet so the timing had been pushed out to April, then July and now potentially later again. It means they can't book anyone in for public IVF but once you have been scored you can be put on a waiting list and when the changeover happens they will book you in. If it's any consolation I think the wait time for IVF is meant to be one of the shortest in NZ - I got on the list in Mar and they "guesstimate" my turn will be in Nov/Dec. I am not sure about the age thing but I think I heard someone on here say that as long as you're scored and put on the list before you're 40 that's ok..? I hope your appt later this month provides a few more answers.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Trying trying! View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trying trying! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 9:18am
Thanks all for your messages of support and advice. It's great to know others going through similar things and that all helps get through the hard days! Will try Clomiphene one more round before appt with OFS. I really feel for those working there - it must be such an upheaval and stress not knowing what's ahead.
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 9:49am
Hi Trying
I was really saddened to hear your story. OMG, that must be very frustrating and terrifying. I hope you get some action soon. Keep on them, ring them once a month to ask if a place has become available, say that you are happy to make an appointment on short notice if they get a cancellation etc. 
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 9:50am
Hey everyone, hope you're all having a good Wednesday.
Well I have officially started IVF! 2 injections of puregon in, first scan is on Sunday. Thankfully, I have found the injections super easy and painless, after being a bit scared!

It seems a bit strange going about normal life... but having this happening as well, and everything seems so 'normal'... weird. Its seems like it should be more of a big deal somehow!

Anyway, something that I've noticed - about 1/2 an hour after the injection i feel a bit dizzy/lightheaded for a bit - just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 9:57am
I so want to hear your Kim K comment BC, lol. 'Caitlyn's' Vanity Fair cover made my day yesterday!

Have got everything crossed for you too Charlie x

Good point HT - keep picking up that phone Trying. We all deserve awards for persistence in this game :)

Speaking of cancellations, it turns out we will be starting IVF this month after all!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 9:59am
Yay Merrily! I so know what you mean - I haven't even started yet but I'm so excited/distracted it seems weird that everything else has to just go on as usual!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 10:51am
Exciting dolly!

Lol so hopefully this comes out right. Kim k just made me laugh when she claimed that they'd been trying like every day and it was so hard.....and I'm like well if you were actually 'trying' you'd know that there's only a small window of opportunity.
Totally random thinking I know....
But I'm also aware that we all walk different paths and who knows the truth behind her feelings and thinking.
And I'll stop rambling now!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 10:59am
Haha funny, I thought the same thing actually: like, do your research girl! I also thought, man how nice it would be not to worry about how to find IVF money, but its all relative I guess.
Nik26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nik26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 2:04pm
Hi Trying, I'm with OFS and have been for 4 years now. I can't believe that you have only just got your appointment now?!!! What I have found with OFS is that they are really understaffed and sometimes I think things just slip past. I always follow up on things and if I don't hear within a few days I give them another call until I get an answer. I've just finished our 4th unsuccessful round of IVF and we are booked for a private round at the end of July. They will still be OFS then, they said they think the change over will be at the end of August but they all still seem so unsure of what is happening. The wait time between eah round of IVF for us has been about 6 months. My friend is waiting on public ivf and she has been told the same as star that it looks like it will be around November. I hope this helps - sorry for the novel!

Hi to everyone else, I'm always reading! Congrats Charlie, that's wonderful news! Good luck to those starting ivf in the next month or so, bring on the BFP's! BC glad to see they are looking at all options for your next round, I had a really good chat with our FS and we are going to try a heap of stuff this next cycle too.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 6:24pm
Nik sorry this last round didn't work 😢

Dolly glad someone else thinks like me lol.

So believe it or not I called FA about an appt today and got the last one for Friday next week! Must be meant to be. Otherwise it would be another month.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 9:33am
Glad they've got some tricks up their sleeve for next round Nik - best of luck for that, I hope its the one for you.

Can anyone using Chch FA have a recommendation for a doctor? We have Greg Phillipson but he is leaving at the end of the month.

trinab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trinab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 6:19pm
Evening ladies

Quick update in the midst of my birthday celebrations - 1st beta was 15, 2nd was 45, today's was 230 and we're still in limbo. Just below the 5th percentile so anything is still possible, another beta on Tuesday and then possibly (hopefully) a 6 week scan end of next week to see what the heck is going on. Crossing everything that this isn't an ectopic...

Love and positive thoughts to everyone xx
TTC since Dec 06
Me 31 - PCOS treating with Metformin
DH 39 - MFI
IVF/ICSI #1 (Private) - Aug 14 - BFN, no frosties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Private) - March 15 - 2 collected, 1 fertilised, 2day transfer 17/05.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 6:36pm
Fingers crossed they can find a wee healthy bub in the right place when you get your scan next week!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 593>