FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 593>
Author
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 6:04pm
a.girl - yes, I have my timeline since I'm on the pill now. I start injections on the 22nd, with first scan and urgent bloods 29th July. That will determine what happens next. All going to plan, that would put my ec in the first week of August, with possible transfer the following week - not thinking that far ahead though - just taking it up to first scan!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Sponsored Links

*Beaker* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Beaker* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 7:58pm
Oh Mushroom I feel like your IVF has come up quickly!

I am good thanks HT, my MS has mostly calmed down. Had my scan today at 9 weeks, measuring a few days ahead (which is a surprise, I thought I would be a couple behind) and a good heartbeat at 174BPM, so feeling very reassured now. I think my spotting has just been a sensitive cervix. DH is still feeling a little cautious, I wish he would be a little more excited. He hasn't told any of his friends, but I have been pretty open in my social circle.

Thinking of you all x
After nearly 3 years TTC, surprise BFP expecting #1 February 16!
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 9:11pm
Hey ladies, I have been MIA for a few days while working out of town & just really busy. Probably good to have a break from any thoughts of TTC - although I cut loose and had a bit of a bender with my clients on Thursday night... Whoops! Have been feeling a bit off my food since which is weird, but pretty confident it's nothing more exciting than the world's longest hangover or hormones playing mind games.

I hear y'all on the winter blues - an island holiday right now would be amazing, if only!!

hugs to all those that need them.

Dolly how are those follies going? Do you have a date for EC?

Great to hear you are doing well beaker and Charlie
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 10:27pm
a girl yes im sooo hoping us "oldies" have all graduated by the end of the year! you both are way ahead of me.. im still waiting for my initial consult letter, which is meant to be happening around now according to last time i spoke with them- thinking ill phone them and be a pain and just ask how far down the line i am. also will let them know next cycle we will be back on the clomid- which i feel is screwing my body up more than helping at this point but really dont feel I have much choice. hoping the 3 cycle break from it all will help my body respond really well to the next round. but apparently im starting ec etc from about sep-dec. by the end of the year i should have my turn anyway- seeing as it was last december i had my first appointment and they said the waitlist was about 9 months long at that point.. but who knows. think ill phone and just ask. 
so hard when you get stuck in that down mood and you just cant shake it. People keep telling me to be greatful for what i have and i think that makes me angrier! we are building a new house- something most people in their early 30s cannot possibly do... and apparently i should be able to just focus on that and be happy.. and I am- incredibly grateful that we both have good jobs so can do these things.. but at the same time i really couldnt care less whether we are in a brand new house or renting the rest of our lives..thats just superficial crap. what i want is my daughter to experience having a sibling... thats all. the rest- the house, everything just pales in comparison to how much i want that for her. So i think that was why i was so down- people kept looking at me like i was ungrateful for the position we are in.. but at the end of the day money (and we arent actually rich- at all! we have just worked our asses off and managed our savings to a point we can afford it. we are actually pretty average on the income scale..) means absolutely nothing- a 4 bedroom house means nothing if there arent kids running around messing it up! but at the same time i see it as us thinking positive and planning for the future we WILL have- and we WILL need that house for the kids we are still to have! Big smile so yeah. much more positive now. and trying to see the house etc as future proofing for our kids, and putting all that into the bundle that is TTC and having a family- rather than using it as a cover up for my emotions.. hey, its working for now lol.
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Merrily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merrily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 8:50am
Soda - I know what you mean - peoples comments can make you so angry ay - and we were in the same boat - people saying appreciate what you have, maybe its not 'the right time', you are lucky to have a nice house and freedom to travel etc, and you sometimes just want to SHOUT at them that all that stuff means NOTHING! But at least its great to have people on here that understand. Fingers crossed for a pooping mess-maker in your new house sooner rather than later
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 9:43am
Soda I really hate the down funk that I'm in - and really in the past 4 years TTC I've only felt this way a handful of times. I too, like probably everyone here, am over the comments - sometimes I think it's just people don't know what else to say other than "I'm sure it will happen" "makes you appreciate what you have" - which yes of course it really does, but it doesn't make it ANY easier - especially as my DD is 6 now and always asking when she's going to be a big sister does something to your heart I just can't explain!
Through it all, I'm super appreciative of what I have here - bunch of ladies I've never met, but know more about my journey than most of my friends to honest! I think as time has gone on, they don't ask about it all as much. But anyway.... it would be so great to have all us "oldies" (and of course the new ones too) graduate from here SOON!! We almost need to change the name of the forum LOL

I think there is alot coming up on here with you ladies to hopefully give us some good news.

HT thanks for your words! I am def one for not doing the same thing over, but it just gets harder and harder to keep hope when everything different you try, has the same outcome. But I'm sure we'll get there... feeling a little bit more on that path today that I was yesterday

Merrily love the ticker
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 1:40pm
Oh Storm, I get that sweetie. I'm super emotional at the moment. I put a post on my facebook page the other day that read something similar to "I think all my miss positivity and get up and go has been beaten down and now miss feeling sorry for herself and miss wickedly intolerant and can't be ****ed grumpy arse has arisen. Vent over Wink ". 

The pain is always there but some days it bubbles up closer to the surface than others.   Tonight, send that pain and fear off into the timeout spot for a while. Look at your darling partner and seek to touch and stroke them. You and them are more than reproductive vessels. You are love personified and together you are each's others place of calm while the world storms around you. Reconnect and enjoy them, having and enjoying that connection assuages the pain in the same way that a bubble bath soothes tired bones.

Life doesn't always give us what we want and that is so saddenning. But it did provide us with our wonderful partners, so let's celebrate that and them and for just a little while pretend we don't have this constant and continual yoke of grief and struggle along for our ride. xxx

Edited by heavenly.talker - 07 July 2015 at 1:44pm
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 7:43pm
Hey star, 4 brand new embies are in the lab as I type, hopefully dividing happily. All going well, transfer will be Saturday. Nerve wracking times, but fingers crossed :)

Thinking of you all. This time of year is especially tough I find. Just gotta keep going and hope the days get brighter, literally and figuratively! xxx

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 8:59pm
Good news Dolly on 4 embies :) I'm sure you'll have a good one for Saturday! Keep busy and hopefully you can get some relaxing in between all the stressing!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 10:07pm
Yay for four embies Dolly :-) Have a good week, not long to go until Saturday xx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 11:24am
Ugh! Love your words always HT Thanks so much for them, right when they are needed.

I am beyond confused about what is happening with me! Last Friday I was sure my OPK was going to be positive, but everytime I did my evening test it was pretty much negative. So I've left it alone a couple of days. Yesterday arvo I felt OV pinching so took one yesterday arvo and it was negative...more pinching today and slight pulling in my lower uterus like I get when Ov'ing.. so just took another test and it's almost positive!! Sooooooo confused! I'm CD21 today so at least 3-4 days later than usual for a positive, I just don't know what my body is doing grrrrr

And Dolly, that's great about your embies!!

Edited by Storm11 - 08 July 2015 at 11:25am
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 2:13pm
Storm super confusing - get busy just in case???

Dolly hope you're keeping well - said my bit over at the other thread.

Busy watching the AB's play Samoa while doing school work at home by the fire, supposed to have serious snow falling here but well seems to be a fizzer.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 7:13pm
Hope everyone is keeping warm in this weather!
Had my Naturopath appointment this evening which went well she said there's nothing blindingly obvious to what's my problem is but has prescribed me some herbs to help calm me as my prolactin level was a little high. She's also giving me the herb that basically does the same thing as clomid. Also a gentle liver detox along with a anti natal supplement.
She gave me a few tips on my diet (more calcium and fish).
So will see how that all goes and go back to see her in a month :)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 7:41pm
Sounds like you had a productive time with your naturopath Kristy.

Knitting - so was pottering in a cupboard today and found the knitting is stashed there after my mc. Was knitting a blanket for the baby but couldn't face it when I lost them. It's taken me this long to face that bag again (a year) and I've decided to keep on going with it. Just knitting the blocks and won't think too much about what or who it'll be for.
Find it rather soothing so glad to get it back.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:43pm
I love knit therapy BC. I reckon it counts as meditation. I have made lots of baby clothes over the last few years - it started really mounting up so I started giving it away to friends. I was worried I was going to become one of those doll people ;)

Hi Kristy. Sounds like a good appointment. I never went down the naturopath route myself but anything that makes you feel proactive is a good thing I say.
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 11:34am
Good advice BC we BD last night, and will again tonight, try catch the darn thing! But in the never ending saga that is my strange OV I've had pretty much a positive OPK just now... and I say pretty much because it's that slight smidge of a difference to looking just like the test line that I'd call it positive anyway LOL I just don't get why I'm getting negatives in the afternoons I've been using these same OPK's for 4 years and never had this happen. I feel like I'm Ov'ing though so probably am! just bummed it's so late this cycle - I might message Pip just to see if she's had this before after a massage.
And I think it's great you are back to knitting your blanket... maybe it's time cause you'll need it soon

Kristy def sounds like a great appointment!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 2:10pm
Good on you storm for trying to catch that eggy. Sucks it's all over the show though.

Hopefully I will need the blanket huh. One can only hope!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Spikey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spikey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 2:47pm
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had a Lipiodol Flush (Poppy Seed Oil)??

Just wondering if anyone has had this done and how they found it/did it help etc?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 6:41pm
Welcome spikey. Sorry I don't have experience with the flush but sure someone on here does!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2015 at 7:09pm
Hi spikey, I had a lipiodol flush a few months back. I found it absolutely fine, but some people find it painful particularly if there is a blockage in the tubes. I'm currently doing IVF so it didn't do what I had hoped it would do but there have been some pretty encouraging results for those with mild endometriosis or unexplained infertility. It can also be a useful diagnostic tool, and is certainly at the less invasive end of the scale for a potential treatment. Let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to know about :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 593>